Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? (12262 Views)

3 Keys In Serving God Consistently / How To Know The Man Who Is Not Serving God Anywhere In The World / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by adepeter2027(m): 9:00am On Oct 22, 2017
MhizzAJ:
There's no difference God is everywhere
This is not true.
If god is everywhere, then we won't be having large multitude attending SCOAN
If god is everywhere, sheeples won't be flying from mecca to Jerusalem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by jefcee: 9:02am On Oct 22, 2017
Casteilla Private Limited

How to get your books published, promoted and translated?
Casteilla.in:
The best website to publish your e-book is Casteilla.in, because along with e-publishing, you can also get free social media marketing and affordable translation for your e-books. Through Casteilla® You could publish your e-book in numerous e-publishing websites in a go. They have partnered with several international and national e-publishers, along with their own e-book store(work in progress). Following are the things that you have to do:
Publishing:
1. Get your manuscript ready in word or PDF format
2. Make sure you have the right to publish the book and there is no one else who would claim rights for the same
3. Contents of your book should not be present anywhere else in the internet and your books should pass plagiarism check
4. Send your manuscript to books@casteilla.in. Your manuscript will be checked for the above criteria and then be published in several international and Indian websites along with their own e-book store. Your book will be published with “Print on Demand” in websites that allow this option.
5. Once the checking process is done, you will receive a mail asking for some basic details and banking details for crediting your royalties for every book sold. Fill those details and reply back.
6. Once a copy of your book gets sold, it would be updated and 70% of the royalty amount received from other websites and 90% of the amount at which your book is sold in Casteilla book store would be credited to you every month.
Promotion:
1. All your e-books will be promoted in social media for free. If you require more advertisement through blogs or newspaper advertisements, mention “E-book promotion details” in the subject line and send an email to with your message to books@casteilla.in . You would get assistance on the payment details for such promotions. Make the necessary payment and publish your advertisements.
Translation:
1. Casteilla® provides one of the most affordable translation services for e-books. If you need to get your e-books translated, send a small sample of 100 words to books@casteilla.in and mention “E-book translation details” in the subject line. Once the translators send their sample translation, you could check the quality of their translation. Once if you are satisfied with the sample, you have to pay half the charges required for translating the book to Casteilla Private Limited (Through electronic bank transfer for Indian languages, and paypal for foreign language translations). You could pay the remaining amount after translation of the book is completed and you have checked the file for possible errors. Once you get the completed translation you could pay the remaining amount.
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by kokomaster4d: 9:03am On Oct 22, 2017
This is what will happen in the next 20 Years

Pastor's Location: His House (no more church building)
Congregations' Location: Their various house
Medium: Internet
Pastor: Hello (via youtube video, facebook video, etc)
congregation: Amen through internet
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by PotatoSalad(m): 9:10am On Oct 22, 2017
What matters is, are you good? Do you keep the Lord's commandments?
Some people call it self righteousness but that's the real deal. You can't have a heart of stone and be going to church everyday so that people will see that you go to church. Exercise in futility
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by lelvin(m): 9:19am On Oct 22, 2017
grin

midolian:
The differences are as follow:

1. location
2. worshipping at home tends to save money than going to church to add to the pastor's earnings
3. At home, you dont see fresh tempting laps like you will when you go to church
4. At home, you dont get seduced by big asses during praise..buh in the church, when its time to dance, you might get raped mentally by those asses

4 Likes

Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by graciella(f): 9:20am On Oct 22, 2017
Hebrew 10:25
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by leofab(f): 9:27am On Oct 22, 2017
dbynonetwork:
No difference my bro.....
But the Bible say Christians should come together to worship him.....
How many Christians do we have today?.
For instance in DEEPER LIFE bible church out of a congregation of 100 about 20 of them are genuine Christians and will make heaven, the remaining 80 are bench warmers

What about CHRIST EMBASSY?. In a congregation of 100, none will go to heaven because of WORLDLINESS and erroneous teaching which has consumed members of CHRIST EMBASSY...
verdict passed already by chief judge of heavenly court.. anu-mpama...
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by Oblang(m): 9:33am On Oct 22, 2017
adepeter2027:

This is not true.

If god is everywhere, then we won't be having large multitude attending SCOAN

If god is everywhere, sheeples won't be flying from mecca to Jerusalem

Are u saying God selects where he will be?
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by adepeter2027(m): 9:42am On Oct 22, 2017
Oblang:

Are u saying God selects where he will be?
Kindly go back to MhizzAJ post
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 22, 2017
midolian:

1. location
2. worshipping at home tends to save money than going to church to add to the pastor's earnings
3. At home, you dont see fresh tempting laps like you will when you go to church
4. At home, you dont get seduced by big asses during praise..buh in the church, when its time to dance, you might get raped mentally by those asses

And you are so right.

I wouldn't want my bf, turned husband later on to be seduced by these women in church.
Mehn it will be so painful.

And that's exactly what happens in All most all the churches . Most ladies go all out to tempt the men , with tight revealing clothes shaking ukwu and boobies, claiming they are dancing for the lord cheesy

Thank God he's Catholic. Na him church sure pass cheesy
That will be my new church.

I can't shout abeg

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by orisa37: 9:45am On Oct 22, 2017
Wherever you are, serve God with all your Heart, with all your Soul, with all your Mind and with all your Strength.
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by alfredo4u(m): 9:54am On Oct 22, 2017
kokomaster4d:
This is what will happen in the next 20 Years

Pastor's Location: His House (no more church building)
Congregations' Location: Their various house
Medium: Internet
Pastor: Hello (via youtube video, facebook video, etc)
congregation: Amen through internet

Its happening now.....I have seen one

2 Likes

Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by smoy: 9:54am On Oct 22, 2017
alfredo4u:

The little I know, bible says where one or two are gathered am there with them...

Pls if you have more clarification pls do table it.....we are here to learn.....

You can as well change my perspective of worship
in Matthew 4 devil asked Jesus to worship him by means of prostration, that is the worship not singing and dancing, be blessed.
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by kamarra(f): 10:04am On Oct 22, 2017
alfredo4u:
Hello pals,

This has kept me wondering if going to church every sundays is mandatory or not.

Although serving God is a thing of the heart. If one decides to do his own service at home, is there any consequences?

Some of my friends hardly attend church but prefer doing their service in orphanage home where they use their tight and offerings to help the children.

What is your take on this?

For me that have a wife and two kids...worship can take place in my home.

The service have started already...

Prayer point 1:
I want to thank God for my two adorable children.....Precious and Princewill Alfred...love you guys so much......pls you kids should take it easy in scattering and breaking things in the house.......

Where is your wife in prayer point 1 undecided
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by alfredo4u(m): 10:18am On Oct 22, 2017
kamarra:

She is in prayer point 2, second
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by creamy1990(f): 10:22am On Oct 22, 2017
nosiebaba:
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Hebrews 10:25 KJV
http://bible.com/1/heb.10.25.KJV
Exactly my thought. Anytime the thought of doing service at home comes to my mind, I end up sleeping off
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by Chukazu: 10:32am On Oct 22, 2017
XXLDICK:
How would you pay your tithe cum contribution for private jet

online transfer naaundecided
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by alfredo4u(m): 10:34am On Oct 22, 2017
kamarra:

She is in prayer point 2, second service 12pm
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by kamarra(f): 10:54am On Oct 22, 2017
alfredo4u:

She is in prayer point 2, second service 12pm

This your style sha! O well smiley
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 22, 2017
midolian:

1. location
May God blesss you real good.
CHURCHES are now betnaija shops

1 Like

Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by dbynonetwork: 11:20am On Oct 22, 2017
leofab:
verdict passed already by chief judge of heavenly court.. anu-mpama...

Ewure
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by gentlegenius(m): 11:26am On Oct 22, 2017
nosiebaba:
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Hebrews 10:25 KJV
http://bible.com/1/heb.10.25.KJV
https://www.nairaland.com/2918205/misconceptions-hebrews-10-25-explained
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by gentlegenius(m): 11:27am On Oct 22, 2017
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by gentlegenius(m): 11:30am On Oct 22, 2017
tlops:
There will be distractions at home. Do not forsake the gathering of d brethren. But I am a home worshiper. tongue
Pls let us tell ourselves the truth: These days, the distractions in the church is much more than the ones at home.
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by 2morogobeta(f): 11:38am On Oct 22, 2017
midolian:
Tell me its not true grin

This is not even attractive its too much
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by AkieWillis(m): 11:42am On Oct 22, 2017
Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some....
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by menxer: 11:46am On Oct 22, 2017
The major differences are, the God in Church
1) wears designer everything
2) talks down on you,
3) collects from the poor
4) is an MoG or God among Men

While the one at home Is.
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by bestspoke: 11:55am On Oct 22, 2017
What protestantism will lead Christianity to...smh
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by Uhomanbulus110(f): 11:56am On Oct 22, 2017
There is a big differences because the bible encourage to always be together and pray
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by luckyCO(m): 12:00pm On Oct 22, 2017
graciella:
Hebrew 10:25

Hebrews 10:22-25King James Version (KJV)

22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promisedwink

24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works
:

25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by niyeee: 12:23pm On Oct 22, 2017
The bible tells us not to forsake the assembly of the brethren. When you go to church, you learn the word of God from different people and you grow.

I know the difference because I have experienced both also. There is need for continuous refreshment of Gods word in our lives. Fellowship at home and with brethren in church are both important. They are two different nourishment that we need.

1 Like

Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by jamace(m): 12:38pm On Oct 22, 2017
Check around your states and see the number of abandoned govt projects that would have benefitted you and you will find out that the contractors are "devout" christians who pay tithes and do thanksgivings in churches.

Going to church is overrated in these days of con men and pastors.

If it pains you, come and beat me. I'm in my house.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? / Little Things You Do That Will Trigger The Curse Of Hell Fire / Islam Or Christianity? Which Is True? Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.