Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? (12254 Views)

3 Keys In Serving God Consistently / How To Know The Man Who Is Not Serving God Anywhere In The World / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by niyeee: 12:40pm On Oct 22, 2017
About sexual and other forms of distraction in the church, get it right with God and they will become nothing to you. Distraction is everywhere and more outside the church.

NOTE: Jesus saves! To those who are yet to give their lives to Jesus, say this prayer:

Lord Jesus, I am a sinner, and know that you are the only ONE that can save me. I fall at your feet today, and ask for your forgiveness. Help me to live a sinless life.
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by xmich(m): 12:43pm On Oct 22, 2017
alfredo4u:
Hello pals,

This has kept me wondering if going to church every sundays is mandatory or not.

Although serving God is a thing of the heart. If one decides to do his own service at home, is there any consequences?

Some of my friends hardly attend church but prefer doing their service in orphanage home where they use their tight and offerings to help the children.

What is your take on this?

For me that have a wife and two kids...worship can take place in my home.

The service have started already...

Prayer point 1:
I want to thank God for my two adorable children.....Precious and Princewill Alfred...love you guys so much......pls you kids should take it easy in scattering and breaking things in the house.......

Here lies the answer to your question!

Acts 7:48
"However, the Most High does not live in houses made by human hands. As the prophet says:

Acts 17:24
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands.

Worship him in church, in your house all the same though with a little bit diffrence.

At home you save your hard earned money at church thise who are rich(pastor/con-men) will take it from you and add to theirs to buy private jet.
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by LoginDove: 12:57pm On Oct 22, 2017
hmmmm..
dbynonetwork:
No difference my bro.....
But the Bible say Christians should come together to worship him.....
How many Christians do we have today?.
For instance in DEEPER LIFE bible church out of a congregation of 100 about 20 of them are genuine Christians and will make heaven, the remaining 80 are bench warmers

What about CHRIST EMBASSY?. In a congregation of 100, none will go to heaven because of WORLDLINESS and erroneous teaching which has consumed members of CHRIST EMBASSY...
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by terrezo2002(m): 1:10pm On Oct 22, 2017
Forsake not the assembly of the brethren as some manner of people do Hebrews 10:25
It's the same old time religion, but people wants to deviate because of worldliness
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by mechanics(m): 1:55pm On Oct 22, 2017
There is difference, time for service should be done in the church.
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by moshould(m): 2:02pm On Oct 22, 2017
Superiority just dey hungry u, graduate na graduate, na must make everybody go the same school Most of the universities in Europe, na Like Noun... And if they come back here, na people like u dey praise them pass... Hypocrite...
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by ceeeeeeeeY(m): 2:11pm On Oct 22, 2017
midolian:
you are wrong missy grin
It not wrong cause God is omini presence, that means God is everywhere..
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by Settingz321(m): 2:27pm On Oct 22, 2017
tlops:
There will be distractions at home. Do not forsake the gathering of d brethren. But I am a home worshiper. tongue

Sir as a male I get more distracted at church
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by trumpcoat(m): 2:48pm On Oct 22, 2017
The Bible says do not forsake the gathering of brethren, and that means going to church the only place where brethren can meet,and not in your house
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by jannyada(f): 3:36pm On Oct 22, 2017
do as you're lead.
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by asawanathegreat(m): 3:37pm On Oct 22, 2017
My people church is far better ooo
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by Unbreakable007: 5:37pm On Oct 22, 2017
Christian will not say swear an oath before commenting. Unlike the useless MUSLIMS TRead.
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by Augustap(f): 10:55pm On Oct 22, 2017
Difference dey o.
1. No usher tells you to stand when you don't feel like.
2. No one asks for normal offering, church development offering, pastor's new jet project offering, pastor's wife's birthday feast offering, and sowing of Jesus the heavenly farmer's seed offering.
3. You won't sleep when you're giving yourself a sermon in ur house, cos you'll make it as short as you want.
With these few points of mine, i hope i've been able to convince you that home service is bae grin
Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by CHIGIM: 1:13am On Oct 23, 2017
u have just finish the reason why people go to church bro
midolian:
The differences are as follow:

1. location
2. worshipping at home tends to save money than going to church to add to the pastor's earnings
3. At home, you dont see fresh tempting laps like you will when you go to church
4. At home, you dont get seduced by big asses during praise..buh in the church, when its time to dance, you might get raped mentally by those asses

1 Like

Re: Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? by ineaghe(m): 5:12pm On Oct 24, 2017
Hebrews 12:22-24

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Did Islam Not Spread Much, Much Further Across Subsaharan Africa? / Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? / Little Things You Do That Will Trigger The Curse Of Hell Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.