Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,866 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" (16717 Views)

Solidstar: "I Be Street Boy, Na Money Make Me Look Like Ajebo" / Solidstar Loved Up And Holding A Lady In New Photo, Fans React / Comedian Youngest Landlord Engaged To Iyore; Solidstar, I Go Dye, Attend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by celebsnes: 11:13am On Oct 22, 2017
Nigerian singer, Solidstar has joined the list of Nigerian artistes, who have told their grass to grace story and are not ashamed of it..

The singer in a chat with Punch, revealed that before music success came he resorted to hawking on the streets, selling sachet water and pastries just to be able to feed.

He said;

“It wasn’t really easy for me at the beginning. I had to do a lot of things just to make it. There was a time I was hawking sachet water and pastry (puff puff), and it was the money I made from that ‘business’ that I used to pay for my first studio session. But through all the struggles, I never gave up because I knew I had a bright future ahead of me. I’m not there yet, but I thank God that my efforts are starting to pay off.”

The singer, who has been criticised by many for riding on the backs of others for musical success then took time to dismissed the claims, stating that collaborative works are joint efforts.

He said;

“For as long as music has been in existence, there have always been collaborations.

“Can you imagine how the world would be like if there were no collaborations? By collaborating with other artistes, one is able to create a fusion of sounds.”

He admitted that he has gained much through such ventures which was exactly the purpose of them.

“I do not deny that collaborations have helped my career, but that was never my intention. I’m all about making good music, and I would work with whoever I feel can deliver on whatever I’m working on.”

https://www.celebsnest.com.ng/hawked-pure-water-solidstar/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by biacan(f): 11:14am On Oct 22, 2017
Nigerian celebs and hawking though....... even pato hawked rat poison

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by andreweb(m): 11:15am On Oct 22, 2017
Mugabe will not kill person with laugh:I am an educationist. I am an economist. I am a politician. I am also now a good storyteller

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by Florblu(f): 12:05pm On Oct 22, 2017
I love his "wait" with Tiwa Savage

10 Likes

Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by goldbim(f): 12:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
Grass to grace..!he has good chemistry with 2baba and his style is quite unique to an extent.

10 Likes

Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by mayberry1(f): 12:23pm On Oct 22, 2017
We all have stories to tell. undecided

8 Likes

Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by mccoy47(m): 12:23pm On Oct 22, 2017
Liars everywhere
Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by ednut1(m): 12:24pm On Oct 22, 2017
Naso. Pure water with less dan 30 naira profit margin per bag. Na him u use for studio session. Truth be told yahoo money help break the kennis monopoly bk den

33 Likes

Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by hazan041(m): 12:24pm On Oct 22, 2017
Abeg who is solidstar?

ACTOR OR musician
Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by tstx(m): 12:24pm On Oct 22, 2017
lie... once this our celebrity blow they will start looking for a very sweet grass to grace story to tell the world.... that's how davido told us the other day that back then he used to be broke...

Check out the list below
Top 7 Nigerian Music Stars Who Were Born Rich

21 Likes

Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by NwaAmaikpe: 12:25pm On Oct 22, 2017
shocked

I thank God for your life that you have hawking skills and experience.

Because with the nonsense music you've been churning out lately.
It's inevitable; you will still go back to hawking.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by Abfinest007(m): 12:26pm On Oct 22, 2017
no wants to hear ur story they just want to enjoy ur story
Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by d4gmail: 12:26pm On Oct 22, 2017
Everyone claims started from the bottom

Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by ojmetrix(m): 12:26pm On Oct 22, 2017
so is only Davido that did not hawk in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by tstx(m): 12:27pm On Oct 22, 2017
goldbim:
Grass to grace..!he has good chemistry with 2baba and his style is quite unique to an extent.
you must be very gullible
Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by Kraspo(m): 12:27pm On Oct 22, 2017
The Chronicles Of Corper Henry
‘’NO BE BY FORCE TO WEAR PANT FOR ASABA!

I won’t die in Asaba. This I know for sure. I only came here to obey the clarion call with dedication and selflessness. But with some of the extremely weird experiences I have actually gone through, I can only pray to come out of here in one piece. Just the other day in my area, a lady was stripped naked inside a market by a woman and to my greatest surprise she wasn’t wearing any pant!
In Asaba, there is no law that states that everybody must wear pant. I have come to realize that it is not even a norm. It is actually a personal obligation. A good number of ladies are uncomfortable with the idea of wearing pant. Don’t even think of preaching to them, because they might slap you!
Two days ago, I had gone to hang out with my friend at his neighbourhood only to witness the shock of my life. A young lady had gone to the market to buy iced fish. She was wearing a very short shirt that almost revealed her butt. Adorned with a gold necklace and a nose ring, she cat-walked towards the fish seller. One thing led to another and before I knew what was happening, they had started quarrelling.
‘Why e be say your fish dey always dey expensive?’ the young lady asked lifting the fish in the air.
‘No be force to buy from my hand na, If my own too expensive, go another place go buy’ the madam who sold the fish responded.
‘Make una dey fear God for this una business’ the young girl advised as the fish slipped from her hands and landed in the mud. And that was where all hell broke loose.
‘Shey I tell you say make you carry your wahala go another place abi?’ the woman thundered grabbing the lady by the neck and shaking her head. ‘Oya pick my fish go wash am now now!’ she barked. But the young girl was more concerned about her necklace and as she struggled to remove the woman’s hand from her neck, she realized that her gold necklace had been broken in the process. She had managed to grab it before it landed in the mud.
‘You no go pick my fish?’ The woman barked in anger. The lady turned around in an attempt to walk away and that was when the woman got really infuriated. ‘Pick my fish go wash am or you pay me the money’ the fish seller shouted as she held her clothes.
‘Madam you go first pay for this gold wey you just cut and I no go fit bend down pick your fish, na short skirt I wear’ the young girl responded as she struggled with the woman.
Wetin concern me with wetin you wear? Na me tell you make you wear this kind skirt? If you like dey waka naked you must pick my fish.’ The woman thundered as she gave the girl a dirty slap and dragged the lady’s skirt up to the viewing pleasure of the crowd who had gathered around the scene. And that was it – unadulterated buttocks in all its glory, no tight, no pant, no G-string, just natural buttocks inside Asaba market!
That day, for the very first time, I sensed that my service year was finally coming to an end and of course, I had completed my task in Asaba and I needed to go somewhere else before I die.
Funny enough, the young girl wasn’t ashamed at all. She didn’t put up a fight. She dragged her skimpy skirt down, went back home, changed her clothes and put on more decent ones and in less than an hour time, she was back inside the market but this time, with a truck of policemen. They bundled the fish seller inside the van and as they headed back to the police station, I overheard a policeman shouting at the woman ‘No be by force to wear pant for Asaba oo!’ ‘Moreover, if some of una wan do the tin, no be fling una dey fling pant comot?’ Another policeman inquired sarcastically.

8 Likes

Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by benuejosh: 12:27pm On Oct 22, 2017
I've not seen one who dropped out of School to sing and has made it. All of them sold either, pure water, puffpuff, plantain, ground nut, banana, pepper, tomatoes e.t.c before they made it to Nigeria music industry. Maybe am not too conversant with the Nigerian Music Industry.
Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by Dollarship(m): 12:28pm On Oct 22, 2017
Na all of them dey hawk yimu
Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by tstx(m): 12:28pm On Oct 22, 2017
biacan:
They must be related to lie Mohammed

1 Like

Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by Dollarship(m): 12:28pm On Oct 22, 2017
benuejosh:
I've not seen one who dropped out of School to sing and has made it. All of them sold either, pure water, puffpuff, plantain, ground nut, banana, pepper, tomatoes e.t.c before they made it to Nigeria music industry. Maybe am not too conversant with the Nigerian Music Industry.
wizzy dropped out
Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by lelvin(m): 12:29pm On Oct 22, 2017
Okay. Even Buhari hawked his brain, that's why he has nothing left up there. Hope you prayed for our president today?
Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by tstx(m): 12:29pm On Oct 22, 2017
benuejosh:
many of them dropped out and made it.. ... 2 face, wizkid etc
Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by HeyCorleone(m): 12:31pm On Oct 22, 2017
Lol.

It's funny how when one becomes successful they look for some grime story to tell.. This is not only particular about celebrities, but even best graduating students from universities also invent horseshvt stories to boost their public image and make them seem superhero like..

Whatever happened to saying the plain truth?

4 Likes

Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by YoungDaNaval(m): 12:31pm On Oct 22, 2017
Every present has a past. That's life!
Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by RIPEnglish: 12:31pm On Oct 22, 2017
We has hear, everyone body has have his or her owned story to told.

1 Like

Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by hokafor(m): 12:32pm On Oct 22, 2017
Our Nigeria celebrites seems to be getting orgasm with the word "hawk" .you worked hard to get were you are today if you stopping working you will Go back to square one simple I don't want to hear how you nearly commit suicide or how you slept under the bridge. To make it you must be determined.
Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by HeyCorleone(m): 12:32pm On Oct 22, 2017
Dollarship:
wizzy dropped out

Wizkid is a very poor example.. Before he dropped out he'd already released an all time hit single, plus he already had strong backing.. He dropped out because school became a distraction, not because thingsl were tough..

1 Like

Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by ferdybillion(m): 12:32pm On Oct 22, 2017

Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by number5(m): 12:40pm On Oct 22, 2017
D only way to appease to Nigeria audience is to either be stinking rich or tell dem u re from a poor background.. We know dat trick bobo

Very soon davido will come out to say he hawked naira notes on d streets

Re: Solidstar: "I Hawked Pure Water And Puff Puff To Survive" by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 22, 2017
biacan:

Wetin you dey hawk... Puna?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ice Prince Pictured With Yakubu Gowon / AY And Wife, Mabel Makun Celebrate 10th Wedding Anniversary / How Tiwa Salvage Dated/slept With 2face Idibia-Sahara reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.