Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

*wait Ooo* Have You Seen An Igbo Beggar Before? If Yes, Where? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / *wait Ooo* Have You Seen An Igbo Beggar Before? If Yes, Where? (1648 Views)

Update_do You Wish To Join The Illuminati Secret Cult? If Yes Click Here To Join / An Igbo Woman Farting In The Presence Of Her Husband Is A Taboo - Young Lady / Isi Agu - An Igbo Identity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

*wait Ooo* Have You Seen An Igbo Beggar Before? If Yes, Where? by TOBIeee68(m): 2:41pm On Oct 22, 2017
*WAIT OOO*
HAVE YOU SEEN AN IGBO
BEGGAR BEFORE?
IF YES, WHERE?

@lalasticlala move it to front page.

HAPPY SUBDAY
Re: *wait Ooo* Have You Seen An Igbo Beggar Before? If Yes, Where? by anishoff(m): 2:53pm On Oct 22, 2017
No i haven't. I have only seen more of Hausa beggars
FTC
Re: *wait Ooo* Have You Seen An Igbo Beggar Before? If Yes, Where? by tyup(m): 3:19pm On Oct 22, 2017
TOBIeee68:
*WAIT OOO*
HAVE YOU SEEN AN IGBO
BEGGAR BEFORE?
IF YES, WHERE?

@lalasticlala move it to front page.

HAPPY SUBDAY

Dem full this side

their own is even #100 n above cool
Re: *wait Ooo* Have You Seen An Igbo Beggar Before? If Yes, Where? by internationalman(m): 3:23pm On Oct 22, 2017
There are, it's just that they learn how to speak Hausa first b4 dey embark on the career.

1 Like

Re: *wait Ooo* Have You Seen An Igbo Beggar Before? If Yes, Where? by Yemike(m): 3:23pm On Oct 22, 2017
I've never think of it but I think it's not in their culture to beg. Igbo's can't beg they're more of entrepreneur s unlike our lazy Yoruba's and Hausa's idly roaming the street. Some able bodied Yoruba's have even taken it as their profession.

P.S. I'm a Yoruba o so don't quote me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: *wait Ooo* Have You Seen An Igbo Beggar Before? If Yes, Where? by Teacher1776(m): 4:11pm On Oct 22, 2017
Of course. They are all over the place. Just that their modus operandi differs from the Hausa and Yorubas beggars. They don't do it foolishly like the Hausa and Yorubas who will wear dirty clothes, close their eyes and openly beg under the hot sun. The Igbo beggar is a corporate one. He can even put on a suit and a tie, approach you with photographs of a child with different shades of tumor. He tells you the child is in hospital and the doctors are asking for half million for the operation. I tell you, the time it takes the Hausa beggar to make a hundred naira, this Igbo beggar is already counting tens of thousand.

4 Likes

Re: *wait Ooo* Have You Seen An Igbo Beggar Before? If Yes, Where? by gboxbaba(m): 8:52pm On Oct 22, 2017
. go to Enugu town. ogbete market precisely you'll see igbo beggars. though they are few sha. infact that is the only place you'll find beggars in the whole of Enugu state. and they are not even up to 20

1 Like

Re: *wait Ooo* Have You Seen An Igbo Beggar Before? If Yes, Where? by EmeeNaka: 3:22pm On Oct 23, 2017
There are beggars that are Igbo. They're few and they're mostly people that are handicapped and diseased; the blind,the lame etc. There are beggars among all tribes in Nigeria, the difference is that some tribes make it a way of life or a sacred religious duty.

3 Likes

Re: *wait Ooo* Have You Seen An Igbo Beggar Before? If Yes, Where? by RedboneSmith(m): 6:07pm On Oct 23, 2017
They are in every motor park in the east.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: *wait Ooo* Have You Seen An Igbo Beggar Before? If Yes, Where? by Crowny11(f): 9:12pm On Oct 23, 2017
Yemike:
I've never think of it but I think it's not in their culture to beg. Igbo's can't beg they're more of entrepreneur s unlike our lazy Yoruba's and Hausa's idly roaming the street. Some able bodied Yoruba's have even taken it as their profession.

yeah I will quote uuuuuuuuu..
there igbo beggars everywhere, they are mostly the cooperate beggars...
P.s. don't quote me

1 Like

Re: *wait Ooo* Have You Seen An Igbo Beggar Before? If Yes, Where? by scholes0(m): 7:02am On Oct 24, 2017
Yemike:

Who cares if you are Yoruba or Gogobiri?
That is the number one method to catch Impostors-
After finishing all the lies and rubbish they want to type, they’lll be like: Mind you, I am from ______ (Insert tribe name here), Therefore what I am saying must be fact.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: *wait Ooo* Have You Seen An Igbo Beggar Before? If Yes, Where? by scholes0(m): 7:03am On Oct 24, 2017
Re: *wait Ooo* Have You Seen An Igbo Beggar Before? If Yes, Where? by nengibo: 1:54pm On Oct 24, 2017
Yes I have seen one in Lagos near Abia state transport company, no offence to the dude, he was crippled
Re: *wait Ooo* Have You Seen An Igbo Beggar Before? If Yes, Where? by Arrewa: 11:07am On Apr 25, 2020
Bros them plenty!!

There's no tribe in Nigeria that don't have beggars!

Re: *wait Ooo* Have You Seen An Igbo Beggar Before? If Yes, Where? by Arrewa: 11:09am On Apr 25, 2020
Igbos has more than 30,000 beggars!! Abakiliki has the highest number of beggars in the south east!

No tribe in nigeria is immune to begging

Re: *wait Ooo* Have You Seen An Igbo Beggar Before? If Yes, Where? by Arrewa: 11:11am On Apr 25, 2020
Tell me if you need more!!

No tribe is immune to begging!

We have beggars in every region and in every tribe even Americans have beggars

Re: *wait Ooo* Have You Seen An Igbo Beggar Before? If Yes, Where? by Arrewa: 12:04pm On Apr 25, 2020
Yemike:

Omenkata what's stopping you from reporting this comment?? Hypocrisy!! You all derive joy in painting other tribes black...why do you guys always think your tribe is superior to other tribes Nigeria?? We have beggars in every tribe and in every country!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Akudaaya (reincarnation), The Yoruba Belief That Is No More. / Why Do Nigerians Criticize Everything? / Are Ologuns And Africa Traditional Medicine Practicioners The Same?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.