Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

One Million Naira Or 6 Months Visa To The United State - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / One Million Naira Or 6 Months Visa To The United State (2446 Views)

20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? / Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. / Woman Returns N12 Million Naira She Found At MM Aiport Toilet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Million Naira Or 6 Months Visa To The United State by femster(m): 4:50pm On Feb 20, 2007
What’s your pick?

Last month, my friend and I went to University of Lagos (UNILAG) and we interview some of the students on campus. At the end of interview, we asked this question. What will you choose: One Million Naira or 6 Months visa to the United State? And why?

We will be posting the interview clips on youtube.com by next months. Just do a search on femster on youtube. Look out for it. Please leave your coments.

Thanks

Femster!

http://femsterinc..com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/mib419

Re: One Million Naira Or 6 Months Visa To The United State by Orikinla(m): 7:09pm On Feb 20, 2007
With one million naira and good business plan, you can make a lot of difference in Nigeria than going to the US to become a second class citizen.

Many Nigerians in the US cannot even afford to visit Nigeria.
Re: One Million Naira Or 6 Months Visa To The United State by femster(m): 1:57pm On Feb 21, 2007
That’s true. It’s so funny the answer I get from the Students. One said he will go to the State and further his education. He wants to become a Professional Teacher. People don’t realize that it’s not easy in the State. They actually think that money grows on trees.
Re: One Million Naira Or 6 Months Visa To The United State by muyiwabank(m): 2:34pm On Feb 21, 2007
i will pick 1million and forget about US.

with 1M i can work hard and go to US whenever i want to visit.

how about that.
Re: One Million Naira Or 6 Months Visa To The United State by queen2(f): 2:39pm On Feb 21, 2007
I would prefer 1million naira, its a better than the 6mths visa that would expire
Re: One Million Naira Or 6 Months Visa To The United State by GNature(m): 2:44pm On Feb 21, 2007
Its a no brainer !  N1 million.

You can't even work with a 6-month visa to the U.S., but N1 million naira should do one more good in Naija, especially with a good business plan as stated by Orikinla.

N1 million = ~ $7,700

I think $7,700 has more purchasing power in Nigeria than the U.S.
Re: One Million Naira Or 6 Months Visa To The United State by Badman888(m): 4:19pm On Feb 23, 2007
Definately one million naira, if you invest it well and do good buisness you can live your life comfortably and the you can go to the US anyhow you want
Re: One Million Naira Or 6 Months Visa To The United State by Suntemi(m): 1:53pm On Jun 02, 2008
I will not think twice before saying 1 milla because if I can do good business with that, US Embassy will be looking forward to receiving me in their office. USA isn't heaven now so I don't need to go there now.

Seek first the kingdom of Cash and every other thing including US Visa shall follow. Hope ain't soundin like an Igbo man
Re: One Million Naira Or 6 Months Visa To The United State by landis(m): 2:04pm On Jun 02, 2008
depends:

if IT graduate from Nigeria: I will take 6month Visa

if other areas, I will take 1mill

grin cheesy grin
Re: One Million Naira Or 6 Months Visa To The United State by smile4kenn(m): 2:13pm On Jun 02, 2008
no matter what, i will take 1mill
Re: One Million Naira Or 6 Months Visa To The United State by EloSela(f): 5:16pm On Jun 02, 2008
1 million Naira is only useful to someone who has the brains to use it effectively.

I think a 6 month trip to the USA, where they will know sufferhead in terms of working to pay off bills, keeping a roof over their head and food on the table will be much more of an eye-opener to a Nigerian graduate; Furthermore the international experience and the intermingling of other people around the world would be character building and much more than 1 million Naira in the long term. grin
Re: One Million Naira Or 6 Months Visa To The United State by Xerxes4(m): 8:48pm On Jun 02, 2008
One is not really bigger than the other.
Looking at it critically, i think one million naira is a tad better as staying in the UK with a visitor's visa is useless anyways.
Re: One Million Naira Or 6 Months Visa To The United State by kenflipper(m): 10:19pm On Jun 02, 2008
I strongly believe that the question shouldnt be for those in the USA. It is easier to be in the USA and say 1million is better. If 1million is better obviously there are lots of guys in the USA who have $20,000 (2.2million) dollars and above why arent they thinking of relocating to Nigeria to invest and groom their investment.
All you need to consider before accepting 1million are: (1) human life in Nigeria is too cheap (2) total disregard for the laws of the land by those that are meant to keep the laws(3) lack ofelectricity kills business and virtually all business strives on electricity. Let even put aside the issue of bad roads, assuming one copes with it. If Nigeria had a reasonable electricity supply not a GOOD one, just REASONABLE I would go for 1million. As the situation stands today i wont even think twice if i find myself in that position i will go for 6months visa to the USA (even with the full knowledge that i cant work legally & i would be illegal after 6months), there is just too much to achieve in 6months, if one is goal oriented exposure is a powerful tool. Visiting the USA and knowing one or two people can be very useful in the future especially if one is business minded. And depending on the kind of friends the priviledge can bring, one can foster a bond and always reapply after a stipulated time tho!, visa issuance will hang squarely on the shoulders of the VO. But aleast one would have passed an essential test of visiting the USA and returning home without over-staying.

This is how my decision will go as it stands today:

1million OR 6month visa to USA = 6months visa to USA
1million OR 1 year visa to UK = 1million
1million OR 1 year visa to Europe = 1million
Re: One Million Naira Or 6 Months Visa To The United State by rahouf1: 1:42pm On Jul 22, 2011
i will quickly and hurriedly pick 1million, their is alot of business in 9jeria without the use of power supply, atleast what my people like most is cheap product kindly visit lagos island apongbon.idumota and other business arena and see how businesses is done with a discount.

cheers 1million to 6month visa to the US
the difference is clear cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Canadian Lottery Documents / Britain Leads The Civilized World In Promiscuity / The Nine Stages Of Canadian Cold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.