Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,835 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

We Should All Be Feminist - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / We Should All Be Feminist (10432 Views)

No Bride Price Was Paid- Facebook Feminist, Nkechi Bianze Says (PHOTOS INCLUDED) / My Conversation With A Feminist / Men Love To Raise Feminist Daughters, But Never Let Their Wives Be Free - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Should All Be Feminist by chineduemmao: 9:04am On Oct 29, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Of course that is it. People fear what they don't understand and often hate what they can't conquer. Feminism is not harmful to our society. The only problem are some dumb people who claim to be feminist and people whose understanding of ideologies are based on how its proponents behave. Simple. Some are just scared of the word 'femi'. Just read this article to get my point.

http://www.mortalpoet.com/men-chill-feminism-not-think/
am not reading. any girl wey wan approach asin be my boyfriend must get 2 heads b/c its a complete turn off for me. i enjoy chasing girls u hear!
Re: We Should All Be Feminist by castro316: 9:09am On Oct 29, 2017
You want equality and feminism, yet you want a man higher than you to marry you. What do you think will naturally happen..... men rule!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: We Should All Be Feminist by chineduemmao: 9:09am On Oct 29, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
In clear terms according to who or what?

You are confusing chauvinism for feminism. That's why I'm asking you where exactly your understanding of Feminism emanates. Tell me. This is wiki's definition:

"Feminism is a range of political movements , ideologies , and social movements that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve political, economic, personal, and social equality of sexes. This includes seeking to establish educational and professional opportunities for women that are equal to such opportunities for men".

What is your definition and where exactly did you get it from? Or you must agree that a follower of Jesus Christ is not a Christian just because you think he is not Christian? Give me something and read the article.

haba is chauvinism no longer feminism? which kin confusion b dis!
Re: We Should All Be Feminist by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:11am On Oct 29, 2017
chineduemmao:
am not reading. any girl wey wan approach asin be my boyfriend must get 2 heads b/c its a complete turn off for me. i enjoy chasing girls u hear!
Lol. Look what culture did to you! Do you know women pay bride price in India? Not that I'm encouraging bride price (another ridiculous invention of business man. read this article. http://www.mortalpoet.com/dear-africans-pay-bride-price-just-traded-item/ ) but trying to show you that it's a software in your mind. You need to use the uninstall button. cheesy
Re: We Should All Be Feminist by BenzEne1(m): 9:12am On Oct 29, 2017
pweetiedee:

It is "every woman's place" not "every women's place"

You should spend the rest of your days in the kitchen and baby sitting. Let your wife go and make money, cos you wasted your time in school.

Crap crap crap. We no dey fear kitchen o. We can have a roaster for cooking and babysitting. Then equality on every other thing financial and all. Its only lazy men who complain about the feminist trend. Nobody hol una, you people can champion your course. Just don't shift other germane family issues on the man.

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Feminist by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:17am On Oct 29, 2017
chineduemmao:
haba is chauvinism no longer feminism? which kin confusion b dis!
How can chauvinism be feminism? Their can be either male or female chauvinism. The world we live in today has all the footprints of male chauvinism. Why should a man with Down Syndrome be considered the head of the family where his wife's thyroxine excited her IQ to over 160? That's what chauvinism is. An idiot decides what happens in the home simply because he is a man.
Re: We Should All Be Feminist by Dshocker(m): 9:26am On Oct 29, 2017
pweetiedee:

It is "every woman's place" not "every women's place"

You should spend the rest of your days in the kitchen and baby sitting. Let your wife go and make money, cos you wasted your time in school.

So why do you want to cry like a baby,it was a mistake.
Re: We Should All Be Feminist by Dshocker(m): 9:28am On Oct 29, 2017
esthy86:
interesting,in this 21 century you still speak like this,but i disagree with u

wtf

Yes my dear.... Just cooking and collecting the D grin grin grin
Re: We Should All Be Feminist by purem(m): 9:29am On Oct 29, 2017
emekabriggs:
yes u can garb yours today

Lukin 4 whom 2 scam again?

Lyk say na 7m u win
Re: We Should All Be Feminist by Bolusticbolu(m): 9:41am On Oct 29, 2017
Haba, Blue Hibiscus ke, shey that one na remix ni? Na Purple Hibiscus abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Should All Be Feminist by Coldfeets: 9:44am On Oct 29, 2017
esthy86:
hmmm,who says that woman dont have sense,your president that is a man,i guess he is full of sense

talk no more of woman like that

Why mention the president?

Why didn't you mention your own father?

Or is he not a man?

3 Likes

Re: We Should All Be Feminist by iLickAnalFungus(m): 9:46am On Oct 29, 2017
Cuteamigo1:
shocked sharp sharp, badass
No time bro
Re: We Should All Be Feminist by monex(m): 9:46am On Oct 29, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
How can chauvinism be feminism? Their can be either male or female chauvinism. The world we live in today has all the footprints of male chauvinism. Why should a man with Down Syndrome be considered the head of the family where his wife's thyroxine excited her IQ to over 160? That's what chauvinism is. An idiot decides what happens in the home simply because he is a man.

well marriage is a different ball game as we mostly take our definitions of marriage from religion. In most religions, head of the home does not necessarily mean smartest or that the head does not listen or take advice of others. it simply means responsibility. The leader is not necessarily the smartest. the CEO is not necessarily the smartest in the company.

Equality in dignity and equality in opportunities is what I stand for. I still do not call myself a feminist. I believe the genders are not the same. the genders are unique each with its own natural obligations. however I believe in outliers hence everyone should be afforded the opportunity to be what they want to be.

If a woman wants to go into a male dominated profession, she should be allowed. ditto for a male. if a woman wants to be the head of the home in her marriage, she should simply find a man who shares her sentiments. ditto for man too. No one should be limited by his or her gender but this does not mean we should ignore the fact that the genders are different physiologically and psychologically. everyone should be allowed to be what he or she wants to be as far as it does not affect another.

So if man believes in the concept of primary gender obligations and secondary/helper obligations in marriage, he should find a woman who shares his sentiments. Similarly if a woman believes in equal obligations in marriage, she should simply find a man who shares similar sentiments. the summary is that for marriage, both parties should simply discuss their views on marriage beforehand and agree or stop the relationship.

3 Likes

Re: We Should All Be Feminist by chineduemmao: 9:48am On Oct 29, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
see i dont have much time 4 feminism today. i was having dis discusion with one girl claiming aristotle yesterday she was listing types of feminism and included female chauvinism... are u saying shes wrong?
Re: We Should All Be Feminist by chineduemmao: 10:15am On Oct 29, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Lol. Look what culture did to you! Do you know women pay bride price in India? Not that I'm encouraging bride price (another ridiculous invention of business man. read this article. http://www.mortalpoet.com/dear-africans-pay-bride-price-just-traded-item/ )
india? oga/madam u dont know what u are saying. be dat as it may, the problem wit dis modern feminism is dat it too comparative to de male instead of inthehuman sense i.e women shold be allowed to vote because "theyarehumans" not because men do. ok wat if men decides not to vote? how can u b talking about head of de family as if dere is a contest? bro if u read biology u will know dat de male animal inherits pride for his physical strenght and always wants to dominate, yes we are no longer animals at least to an extent, civilisation now teaches us respect yes respect de weaker muscles she is not less important. cool marriage is all about respect- de head of the family doesnt take unilateral decisions.

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Feminist by mrphysics(m): 10:35am On Oct 29, 2017
chineduemmao:
my man u de here?
Bros, nah here I dey oo
Re: We Should All Be Feminist by Talkwell: 10:56am On Oct 29, 2017
JamesReacher:
No two human beings are equal. I want to spend on my lady, I also want my lady to spend on me. Sharing of bill is frowned upon by me, we arent in a business setting. It should rather be done out of love,

' Dear, I have 15k here and it costs 30k. Take my atm love. My own turn sef would come haha '

I'm talking about real love here please not the boo bae fake ass shiit.

The problem with any form of labels is the missuse, the ignorance of not understanding it but on a surface level. Don't be a man hater , Women head organizations that my father would say yes ma to but you lazy females would rather whine all day and say how Its a men's world. Almost like the race card.

Spot on bro !!
Re: We Should All Be Feminist by Fulaman198(m): 11:36am On Oct 29, 2017
Papiikush:
Feminism in Nigeria is just pure poohpooh.

[b]Nigerian ladies are hypocritical
and only put on the feminist mantle whenever the situation favour them. If you wanna be a feminist start by paying the bills when you go on a date smiley
[/b]

Most Human beings are hypocritical, not just women.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Should All Be Feminist by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 29, 2017
No thank you. cheesy
Re: We Should All Be Feminist by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:40am On Oct 29, 2017
monex:

well marriage is a different ball game as we mostly take our definitions of marriage from religion. In most religions, head of the home does not necessarily mean smartest or that the head does not listen or take advice of others. it simply means responsibility. The leader is not necessarily the smartest. the CEO is not necessarily the smartest in the company.

Equality in dignity and equality in opportunities is what I stand for. I still do not call myself a feminist. I believe the genders are not the same. the genders are unique each with its own natural obligations. however I believe in outliers hence everyone should be afforded the opportunity to be what they want to be.

If a woman wants to go into a male dominated profession, she should be allowed. ditto for a male. if a woman wants to be the head of the home in her marriage, she should simply find a man who shares her sentiments. ditto for man too. No one should be limited by his or her gender but this does not mean we should ignore the fact that the genders are different physiologically and psychologically. everyone should be allowed to be what he or she wants to be as far as it does not affect another.

So if man believes in the concept of primary gender obligations and secondary/helper obligations in marriage, he should find a woman who shares his sentiments. Similarly if a woman believes in equal obligations in marriage, she should simply find a man who shares similar sentiments. the summary is that for marriage, both parties should simply discuss their views on marriage beforehand and agree or stop the relationship.
I understand but I think you are reducing it to subjectivism. I am about the rationale behind every of our individual subjectivism in marriage and gender relations. Is it right? Should it be so? Does your argument imply that we should leave men who think they have a divine right to beat their women to their own decisions? I am questioning those decisions.

That's where feminism comes into play. In other words that where equity and equality comes to play. The feminist is asking for that equity, that commonsense evident in civilized entities, that face of humanity and humanism that ought to be present in all gender relationship. That is the crux of the matter. We can't reduce it to a subject of preferences. If a man doesn't like equity, we won't go down to his level but 'force' him to rise up.
Re: We Should All Be Feminist by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:47am On Oct 29, 2017
chineduemmao:
see i dont have much time 4 feminism today. i was having dis discusion with one girl claiming aristotle yesterday she was listing types of feminism and included female chauvinism... are u saying shes wrong?
Yes, their can be both male and female chauvinism but categorising female chauvinism as a brand of feminism is a logical impossibility. It is like saying 'the goat is a bird' in denotative sense. Not metaphorical o!

You know why? Simple. Feminism is for equal rights for capable and qualified sexes while a chauvinist is an antagonist to these rights. It is like calling someone a Christian Muslim, an atheist theist, a married bachelor, a virgin grandma, etc. Except you want to use it as an Oxymoron which is just for entertainment.
Re: We Should All Be Feminist by stilldoingokay(f): 12:00pm On Oct 29, 2017
Datapoboi:

Feminism bullshit everywhere. Y aren't they fighting to abolish d law that divides a man's property during divorce even if he made it on his own?

bhahahaha their coming for you for this
Re: We Should All Be Feminist by Sapiosexuality(m): 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2017
chineduemmao:
india? oga/madam u dont know what u are saying. be dat as it may, the problem wit dis modern feminism is dat it too comparative to de male instead of inthehuman sense i.e women shold be allowed to vote because "theyarehumans" not because men do. ok wat if men decides not to vote? how can u b talking about head of de family as if dere is a contest? bro if u read biology u will know dat de male animal inherits pride for his physical strenght and always wants to dominate, yes we are no longer animals at least to an extent, civilisation now teaches us respect yes respect de weaker muscles she is not less important. cool marriage is all about respect- de head of the family doesnt take unilateral decisions.
Yeah Indian brides do that. Though some consider it archaic now.

I think biology and evolution is psychological too. While I think strength is biological, I don't think pride is. Pride is psychological and influenced by human activities. Strength by nature also has potential to make you want to dominate. That is if that environment allows it. We've evolved. Personally, I consider any adult that fights to show superiority a GOAT.

Look at those women with muscles and unique physical strength and you'd see what I'm saying. Like Darwin suggested, because strength was required to survive, animals with greater strength adapt. But people no longer run their affairs on this strength. We've evolved intellectually and thus that crude misconception ought to change too

Sigmund Feud, a psychologist, pointed this out on his descriptions of narcissism. We are simply born with biological features and those other psychological imprints we later add are shaped by the society. So, it is still male chauvinism at play. Telling you that they must be head even when we are in an era of intellectualism. Telling you they are wired from birth with 'Pride' gene which cannot be proven.
Re: We Should All Be Feminist by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 29, 2017
I said it before, 99% of a woman's problem is a "man". Being that a man is human like them they find it hard to deal with. Giving this concept a name i.e feminism makes it a DOA cause!
Re: We Should All Be Feminist by chineduemmao: 12:51pm On Oct 29, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Yeah Indian brides do that. Though some consider it archaic now.

I think biology and evolution by human activities. Strength by nature also has potential to make you want to dominate. That is if that environment allows it. We've evolved. Personally, I conside suggested, because strength was required to survive, animals with greater strength adapt. But people no longer
In a case lik dis, pride and strent r complimentary: greater strent=greater pride thus if strent is inherent pride is. we cant deny it we can only tame it desame way we tame any inherent ability we want to. A lion with a larger harem has greater pride than a leo with a smaller harem. In as much as there is pride for being male, dere s also prid for bein female.
i wont deny i dont i dont know where u re goin with dis but dere re lots of stupid sugestion coming up dese days and dis clearly one of them. e.g male lust for the female body, but feminists wants it to change. research india pls.
Re: We Should All Be Feminist by chineduemmao: 1:04pm On Oct 29, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Lol. Look what culture did to you! Do you know women pay bride price in India? Not that I'm encouraging bride price (another ridiculous invention of business man. read this article. http://www.mortalpoet.com/dear-africans-pay-bride-price-just-traded-item/ ) but trying to show you that it's a software in your mind. You need to use the uninstall button. cheesy
uninstall? i like the software inukwa! there is no matriarchy in any human society 4get dat tin u are saying about india its not true
Re: We Should All Be Feminist by chineduemmao: 1:11pm On Oct 29, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
just when we've actually suceeded in shifting power monopoly in marriage to the center where both partners participate actively in decision making unlike b4, u people now want to shift it to the women... i weak!
Re: We Should All Be Feminist by chineduemmao: 1:15pm On Oct 29, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
because he is a downs makes him less human abi? hipocricy
Re: We Should All Be Feminist by Sapiosexuality(m): 1:34pm On Oct 29, 2017
chineduemmao:
uninstall? i like the software inukwa! there is no matriarchy in any human society 4get dat tin u are saying about india its not true
No matriarch society? Just use google. Actually the India example is true. The price was just for the maintenance of the girl by her husband.
Re: We Should All Be Feminist by Sapiosexuality(m): 1:35pm On Oct 29, 2017
chineduemmao:

In a case lik dis, pride and strent r complimentary: greater strent=greater pride thus if strent is inherent pride is. we cant deny it we can only tame it desame way we tame any inherent ability we want to. A lion with a larger harem has greater pride than a leo with a smaller harem. In as much as there is pride for being male, dere s also prid for bein female.
i wont deny i dont i dont know where u re goin with dis but dere re lots of stupid sugestion coming up dese days and dis clearly one of them. e.g male lust for the female body, but feminists wants it to change. research india pls.
Lol. Come on. You mean feminists want male list for female's bodies to stop? How? That's why I want to know where your definition of feminism is coming from.
Re: We Should All Be Feminist by Sapiosexuality(m): 1:36pm On Oct 29, 2017
chineduemmao:
just when we've actually suceeded in shifting power monopoly in marriage to the center where both partners participate actively in decision making unlike b4, u people now want to shift it to the women... i weak!
You see the problem? You are missing the point on purpose. Read that article and get back. Nobody is shifting anything. It is actually a call for justice in handling gender.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hoodlums Set Ogun Monarch's Palace On Fire. / Traditional Marriage In Ebira(igbira) Land / Another Lost Tribe Found In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.