Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do (962 Views)

Tell Us About Your Near Death Experience If You Have Any (NDE). / Tell Us About The Overly Religious Person You Dated Or Are Still Dating. / Tell Us Your Regrets Of 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do by timidapsin(m): 8:02pm On Oct 23, 2017
Robbers enter a house, asks for all the money and valuables.

After they collect what they can, they give the man of the house a gun with instructions to shoot his wife or else he be shot himself.

The man gets the gun, points it at his wife and hesitates.

He is thinking of what he has gone through in life with his wife and how she has suffered and sacrificed for him.
He hands back the gun and says, “I am sorry I can’t do this…

“The boss of the robbers silently grabs the gun from him and passes it on to the wife with the same instruction.

The wife gets the gun and without any single hesitation points to her husband’s head and pulls the trigger.

But at last, the gun had no bullets in it. The robbers get their gun
and walk out of the house laughing.

QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION

1. If you were the man in that house how would you react towards your
wife?

2. If you were the wife, what explanation can you give to your
husband!

3. If you were invited to bring peace between this couples, what advice
would you give?

Drop your Comments & this should really be an interesting topic to discuss as counsellors.

Re: A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do by timidapsin(m): 8:02pm On Oct 23, 2017
Let opinions starting rolling in
Lalasticlala come and rescue this thread
Re: A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do by sorextee(m): 8:04pm On Oct 23, 2017
Let me Park here and think..
Okay, im done thinking.
As a man,...... I wont take it personal, cos I pointed the gun at her too. Which killed her trust. On a normal day, I wont point it at her, when given. I go return am back say I cant. Simple.

As a mediator.....
Well im not married so I wont be able to advice.
I leave dat to d married folks...
Re: A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do by Harmored(m): 8:12pm On Oct 23, 2017
OP

Re: A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 23, 2017
2) The Wife: Well, duh! Of course, the magazine was empty. Haven't you seen this trick in every single movie? Do you honestly think I would have pulled the trigger if I wasn't sure? I could NEVER do that. Please, don't let the devil win in this matter.

4 Likes

Re: A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do by israel2563(m): 8:23pm On Oct 23, 2017
She's going back to her fathers house for sure angry
Re: A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do by Harmored(m): 8:26pm On Oct 23, 2017
RaggedyAnn:
2) The Wife: Well, duh! Of course, the magazine was empty. Haven't you seen this trick in every single movie? Do you honestly think I would have pulled the trigger if I wasn't sure? I could NEVER do that. Please, don't let the devil win in this matter.

I will just tell her

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do by timidapsin(m): 8:26pm On Oct 23, 2017
sorextee:
Let me Park here and think..
Okay, im done thinking.
As a man,...... I wont take it personal, cos I pointed the gun at her too. Which killed her trust. On a normal day, I wont point it at her, when given. I go return am back say I cant. Simple.

As a mediator.....
Well im not married so I wont be able to advice.
I leave dat to d married folks...

Re: A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do by Daeylar(f): 8:27pm On Oct 23, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

grin grin grin grin
Always using your head grin grin

[img]https://media1./images/8b32aa25500a9e6d04a7de127af007c5/tenor.gif[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do by timidapsin(m): 8:29pm On Oct 23, 2017
RaggedyAnn:
Husband

Re: A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do by sorextee(m): 8:31pm On Oct 23, 2017
As I never marry nko. cry
U no know say wen person marry, him mentality dey change..
[quote author=timidapsin post=61706336][/quote]
Re: A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 23, 2017
Daeylar:

grin grin grin grin
Always using your head grin grin

grin grin grin

It's an unwinnable situation....what else can I do?

How're you doing, babe?
Re: A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do by Daeylar(f): 8:42pm On Oct 23, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

grin grin grin

It's an unwinnable situation....what else can I do?

How're you doing, babe?

You maneuvered it well, if he complains after that use the old "you don't trust me + tears" grin grin (Disclaimer: use at your own risk, it may fail grin )

I'm doing good girl
How you been?
Re: A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 23, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

You made me laugh! Blame the poor devil grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 23, 2017
timidapsin:
Husband

grin
Re: A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 23, 2017
Well, depends on my mood afterwards. If i was willing to have myself shot and killed instead of killing her. Then i'd understand i wanted her to live and that means her shooting me so as not to be killed.

It's crazy though cos another day, i could ask her to go visit her father and stay there forever. She didn't hesitate, means she was probably glad the opportunity presented itself. Maybe she always wished ' i wish i can strangle this bastard' .

Anyhow, the husband didn't want to kill his wife and preferred to die instead. I suppose it's still on course if she shoots him and lives.
Re: A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 23, 2017
Dimples129:

You made me laugh! Blame the poor devil grin grin grin

smiley, that's why we invented him, dear. wink
Re: A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 23, 2017
Mediator:

Husband needs to become indispensable like his wife. She flashed back and the urgency to kill him hightened.
Re: A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 23, 2017
Daeylar:

You maneuvered it well, if he complains after that use the old "you don't trust me + tears" grin grin (Disclaimer: use at your own risk, it may fail grin )

I've doing good girl
How you been?

Exactly! cheesy

I'm alright too, thanks.
Re: A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do by Daeylar(f): 8:50pm On Oct 23, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

Exactly! cheesy

I'm alright too, thanks.

All right dear kiss

Na real don't let the devil win grin grin grin
LMAO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do by AlexCk: 8:54pm On Oct 23, 2017
As the husband, I'd be a bit disappointed. the fact that she didn't hesitate to squeeze the trigger means she most definitely doesn't really care about me, so our relationship may change. Trust go reduce,
If she had hesitated a bit, at least, e mean say she reason me small, na just fear of dying cuz am grin grin
Re: A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do by ReinaFarine: 8:57pm On Oct 23, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

Girl!!!

You is good!!!!

Lol.... God bless their marriage!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do by dingbang(m): 9:05pm On Oct 23, 2017
If she pulled the trigger twice, I would send her parking
Re: A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do by DarkRebel69: 9:08pm On Oct 23, 2017
So cliché.
Re: A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 23, 2017
1) If I were the husband, I would NEVER forgive my wife. She just showed me what kind of a person she is. Such situation is an acid test of our humanity. Through her action, my wife has showed me that she's an angel who can transform into a demon within a fraction of a second in the face of FEAR. There's no excuse she can give that I'll accept. No word of apology from her that I'll listen to. Does that mean she could stand the trauma killing me would cause her afterwards? The mental torture? That she won't have any regrets? It won't be a burden for the rest of her life? Wasn't that why I declined that I wouldn't do it to her? Mere pulling the trigger is telling me that all the pictures of love that decorate our walls were taken in front of the MIRROR OF LIES. There's no way I can forgive and forget that. There's no "explaining it away".

Do you know the excuse the Nazis gave in Nuremberg for doing the most horrific things? Yeah, "We were only obeying orders. If we disobeyed, they would have killed us" That's the litmus test for differentiating monsters from humans. Humans lay down their lives to protect their loved ones. They sacrifice themselves to secure their cherished treasures. Monsters would do anything, including killing their lover, if it means saving their own life. And I don't like monsters.

3) My advice to any couple that have such an experience would be no different from the advice I'd give to myself, 'cause I know of no excuse that can be drawn either from above the clouds or from beneath the depths of the blue sea, to defend the action of the wife. None at all.
Re: A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do by Daeylar(f): 9:25pm On Oct 23, 2017
ToVictoriaZ:
1) If I were the husband, I would NEVER forgive my wife. She just showed me what kind of a person she is. Such situation is an acid test of our humanity. Through her actions, my wife has showed me that she's an angel who can transform into a demon within the fraction of a second in the face of FEAR. There's no excuse she can give that I'll accept. No word of apology from her that I'll listen to. Does that mean she could stand the trauma killing me would cause her afterwards? The mental torture? That she won't have any regrets? It won't be a burden for the rest of her life? Wasn't that why I declined that I wouldn't do it to her? Mere pulling the trigger is telling me that all the pictures of love that decorate our walls were taken in front of the MIRROR OF LIES. There's no way I can forgive and forget that. There's no "explaining it away".

Do you know the excuse the Nazis give in Nuremberg for doing the most horrific things? Yeah, [b][color=darkgreen]"We were only obeying orders. That's the litmus test for differentiating monsters from humans. Humans lay down their lives to protect their loved ones. They sacrifice themselves to secure their cherished treasures. Monsters would do anything, including killing their lover, if it means saving their own life. And I don't like monsters.

3) My advice to any couple that have such an experience would be no different from the advice I'd give to myself, 'cause I know of no excuse that can be drawn either from above the clouds or from beneath the depths of the blue sea, to defend the action of the wife. None at all.

Hian embarassed embarassed

So if it was me you won't forgive embarassed
Re: A Must Read For Everyone, Tell Us What You Would Do by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 23, 2017
Daeylar:

Hian embarassed embarassed

So if it was me you won't forgive embarassed
Lol. I would know it wasn't you. It's some mischievous devil creeping into my mind playing tricks on me. grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

You Are To Love Your Wife Above Your Mother... / What Do You Think Of This Lady Aso Ebi / Why Most Women Won't/don't Bleed The First Time They Have Se,x - By Xirkings.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.