Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. (40798 Views)

Can A Warrant Officer Take Orders From A Lieutenant In The Army / Meet Kelechi Ndukwe, First Nigerian-American Naval Captain / Oluwatobi Al-Bakare Becomes Second Lieutenant Of US Army, Husband Celebrates Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by EFGH: 10:46am On Oct 24, 2017
AMAZING: Meet Lieutenant Toby Cohen The First And Only Nigerian Woman To Serve In Israel’s Army.

The 21-year-old was born in Nigeria to a Nigerian mother and an Israeli father.

Cohen was living with her parents and sister in Kano, before she migrated to Israel.

Cohen said: “I always wanted to come to Israel, ever since I was a small child, I wanted a deeper connection, to understand what ‘Israel’ is, and not just through stories.”

Despite the fact that moving to Israel was dream come true for the woman, it was still hard to adjust to the life in another country.

She said: “New immigrants are often embarrassed and ashamed to speak, because they may say something wrong and I was one of them but at some point I realised that I couldn’t go on like this.

I made a lot of mistakes along the way, and it was hard, but it was worth it.”

The young lady learnt Hebrew and her friends helped her to adjust into the Israeli society.

According to Cohen, her father was happy about her decision to become an officer in the Israeli army.

The soldier’s father was also an officer in the Israeli army.

She said: “He was just as emotional as I was. For him it was a dream come true, and his being there really helped me.” “My mother and my entire family attended the officers’ graduation ceremony.

It is very touching to be the first woman officer from Nigeria in the IDF. Obviously I have fallen in love with Israel. This is my home and I see myself continuing my life here.”

Cohen served as an operations sergeant in the Homefront Command and was later accepted into the officers’ training course.

Her duty as a Deputy Training Officer in Haifa region is to guide people on how to act during natural disasters such as earthquakes, fires and floods, as well as emergencies such as rocket attacks or the threat of a biological/chemical weapon.

http://www.hinnews.com/news/amazing-meet-lieutenant-toby-cohen-first-nigerian-woman-serve-israels-army/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by HungerBAD: 10:50am On Oct 24, 2017
Pretty.

Hungerbad has a thing for a woman in Uniform. Well, all except the women wearing the Nigeria Police Uniform.

Your father was happy you decided to join?you had no option sweetheart. All Israeli's must serve the Country.

Joining the Israeli armed forces is not optional for both males and females,as it is compulsory they serve.

Israel and 23 other Countries in the world have this strange law.

It is the law.

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by EFGH: 10:57am On Oct 24, 2017
Mod plz do the needful.
CC:
Seun
lalasticlala
CrazyMan

3 Likes

Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by Evablizin(f): 10:59am On Oct 24, 2017
cheesy

Wow wow wow,see pretty lady,congrats dear.

4 Likes

Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by Ncsamuel(m): 11:04am On Oct 24, 2017
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by Ncsamuel(m): 11:05am On Oct 24, 2017
Nigerians sef! But why dont we read stuff like '' the first american/isreali/canadian to serve in the Nigerian army, to play for the national team...............etc? Instead we go dey claim what/who is not 'connected' to our country in any way! Abi people, have you ever seen a biracial soldier in the Nigerian army/police or rather why didnt her father allow her to join the nigerian army instead, or is she not qualified to? Smh

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by Bayajidda1: 7:10am On Oct 26, 2017
grin

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by looseweight: 7:10am On Oct 26, 2017
Wooow.. Good for her. Most people will run away from this country if given d chance.

Check my signature for natural weight loss tips

1 Like

Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by Mrjaz(m): 7:10am On Oct 26, 2017
Kai Eya I didn't even read the story isreal we r so sorry yet another beautiful female soldier have been shoot thank God she didnt die we wish her quick recovery from her sickness send her back to Nigeria please...let me be going oh.....una good morning

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 26, 2017
Ok
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by itiswellandwell: 7:11am On Oct 26, 2017
Nice one but it's just somehow sad about how our best serves in another country.

Check my signature for your quality full capacity powerbank
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by Finstar: 7:11am On Oct 26, 2017
I hate this kind of news.. sad sad Anyway,

Visit www.entmirror.com for biz ideas smiley
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by kelvinhilton(m): 7:11am On Oct 26, 2017
She's pretty.
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by Paperwhite(m): 7:12am On Oct 26, 2017
Evablizin:
cheesy

Wow wow wow,see pretty lady,congrats dear.
You be ambulance cheesy You are pretty too.So I'm coming for you too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by Factfinder1(m): 7:12am On Oct 26, 2017
She's beautiful
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by cuvox(m): 7:12am On Oct 26, 2017
HungerBAD:
Pretty.

Hungerbad has a thing for a woman in Uniform. Well, all except the women wearing the Nigeria Police Uniform.

Your father was happy you decided to join?you had no option sweetheart. All Israeli's must serve the Country.

Joining the Israeli armed forces is not optional for both males and females,as it is compulsory they serve.

Israel and 23 other Countries in the world have this strange law.

It is the law.

This must be because they are surrounded by Arabs/Muslim countries. It's a strategy to make sure they have combat ready citizens incase they are being invaded

Over 2/3 of their citizens are trained soldiers. So normal barber self fit fight war if he is needed.

13 Likes

Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 26, 2017
Isreali wannabes will be like

"Ndiara this afonja gel just chance us the tlue sons of de soil"

3 Likes

Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 26, 2017
I love the militat
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by Adaumunocha(f): 7:12am On Oct 26, 2017
Cohen? Its obvious her father is a jew or somfin... Abi all these bloggers decided she's Nigerian because of d "Toby"? angry

3 Likes

I love uniform Queens... Not black cloth people o

1 Like

A star on the shoulder is worth more than millions in the sky.
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by yomalex(m): 7:13am On Oct 26, 2017
Nice.
HungerBad she could choose to stay in Nigeria
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by NwaChibuzor: 7:13am On Oct 26, 2017
Toby Cohen Maduka. Continue the good work

1 Like

Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by elipheleh(m): 7:13am On Oct 26, 2017
I don't want to comment on this thread
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by deanmartins(m): 7:14am On Oct 26, 2017
Coolies
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by zolapower: 7:14am On Oct 26, 2017
Good one . Keep it up dear
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by Sunnycliff(m): 7:15am On Oct 26, 2017
Beauty and Adventure
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by fawaz050(m): 7:15am On Oct 26, 2017
Nice. BTW Nairalanders today is my Birthday kindly Show some love

8 Likes

Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by SWYM(m): 7:15am On Oct 26, 2017
What we call the state of Israel today was created by the Europeans in 1948
Before then that whole area was known as Palestine.
The Europeans who are there now aren't indigenous to the place.
The only claim they have is the biblical assertion

And once you know the bible is nothing but a tool
Everything becomes much more clearer
Why they are aided by the British and America to commit such horror in the Mediterranean which we foolishly call the middle east.
Wtf is middle east? That's all political jingoism as Dr Ben would say.

Like I've been saying
Everything is working for our downfall in Africa
We need a total overhaul
First we remove the crown of all madness in our minds which is religion.
Then everything else falls into place.
The death of dogma is the beginning of morality.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 26, 2017
OS. Old Story.
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by zlantanfan: 7:17am On Oct 26, 2017
Every Christian in the world owes Israel support
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by BCISLTD: 7:18am On Oct 26, 2017
sad how is she Nigerian

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) / My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX / Chinese Company In Ogun Compensates Worker Crippled By His Boss’ Kung-fu Kicks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.