Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

What Happened To Toni Braxton? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / What Happened To Toni Braxton? (48590 Views)

Cossy's Mother, Chinyelo Orjiakor, 'Braxton-Jayis': Immigration Officer / Toni Braxton’s Skimpy Dress Comes Off, Exposes Her Behind On Stage / Toni Braxton And Beyonce---who Is The Sexiest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened To Toni Braxton? by Precious8(f): 7:12pm On Feb 20, 2007
Does anyone know what happened to my girl Toni Braxton? Is she planning to come back in the entertainment industry or what?

Re: What Happened To Toni Braxton? by Eastcoast(f): 7:14pm On Feb 20, 2007
the last time i heard of her was a few months ago. She had her own show in where else but VEGAS and she literally wore dresses made of bling and bling bling for her concerts.
Re: What Happened To Toni Braxton? by OmoEko1(f): 8:02pm On Feb 20, 2007
she still alive oooooooo, taking care of her family wink
Re: What Happened To Toni Braxton? by Badman888(m): 8:03pm On Feb 20, 2007
she performed at the NBA all star game, her voice is now deeper than ever
Re: What Happened To Toni Braxton? by Free(f): 8:54pm On Feb 20, 2007
lmao, grin grin
Re: What Happened To Toni Braxton? by BlackMamba(m): 12:26am On Feb 21, 2007
Hi precious one, I love you for your choice of Toni's pic, even if you're bi.
Like someone already mentioned, she performed at the NBA all stars game in Las Vegas on Sunday. You've not heard much of her in terms of music, because of some issues with her recording company. She was recently released from the contract, and hopefully she'll come back soon with a hit.
Re: What Happened To Toni Braxton? by iice(f): 1:48am On Feb 21, 2007
Yeah last time i saw her, she performed at the NBA all star, still looks banging
Re: What Happened To Toni Braxton? by SMC(f): 8:20pm On Feb 21, 2007
Last I knew, she had a show like Celine Dion in Las Vegas cheesy. Love that Girl.
Re: What Happened To Toni Braxton? by Precious8(f): 6:43pm On Feb 22, 2007
@ BlackMamba

lol No I'm not a Bi lady,I just googled a pictured of her and that was the first one I saw and liked. I was just wondering beause I recently slipped one of her old albums into my stero and was like, "Where is she now?" but I would hope that she isn't dead,  cry
Re: What Happened To Toni Braxton? by jaybaby(f): 8:25pm On Feb 22, 2007
What Happned To HER?
Re: What Happened To Toni Braxton? by eslynera(f): 3:17pm On Feb 24, 2007
let the old woman rest now. jeesh!!!!! cheesy give her a break,. wink
Re: What Happened To Toni Braxton? by Ibukun2(f): 5:36pm On Feb 24, 2007
I'm listening to her song "Unbreak my heart". That song is off the hook.
Re: What Happened To Toni Braxton? by Seun(m): 7:07pm On Feb 24, 2007
http://news.google.com/news?q=Toni+Braxton should have the answers. Good luck worshipping her! wink
Re: What Happened To Toni Braxton? by saintkola(m): 8:26pm On Feb 24, 2007
i heard her son got some kinda disease! so she had ta take care of him.
Re: What Happened To Toni Braxton? by OmoEko1(f): 8:31pm On Feb 24, 2007
saintkola:

i heard her son got some kind of disease! so she had ta take care of him.
yes he has autistic
Re: What Happened To Toni Braxton? by SMC(f): 9:03pm On Feb 24, 2007
Omo Eko:

yes he has autistic

@Omo Eko, you mean he is autistic (or suffers from/has autism) smiley
Re: What Happened To Toni Braxton? by OmoEko1(f): 9:22pm On Feb 24, 2007
SMC:

@Omo Eko, you mean he is autistic (or suffers from/has autism) smiley
lol, what of those two sha cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Happened To Toni Braxton? by LilRed1(f): 1:40pm On Feb 26, 2007
yea she's been pretty busy now with her family and such, i'm sure she's going to make a come back some time soon. she should because she's so talented!
Re: What Happened To Toni Braxton? by snazzydawn(f): 10:36pm On Feb 27, 2007
I can't wait to see her grace the screens with her sexy sexy moves and husky voice.
Re: What Happened To Toni Braxton? by ozigbo(m): 1:10pm On Feb 28, 2007
preciious my love thanks for that picture
i love it.
for T no much news about her for now.
Re: What Happened To Toni Braxton? by domwas2(m): 4:45pm On Feb 28, 2007
Date of Birth: October 7,1967
Place of Birth: Severn, Maryland, USA
Mother : Evelyn Braxton :
Father: Michael Braxton
Brother(s): 1 brother
Sister(s) :4 sisters
Statistics Height: 5' 2"
Hair/Eyes Color: Brown / Brown
Marital Status: Married to Keri Lewis (April 21, 2001)

Toni Braxton was born October 7, 1968, in Severn, Maryland, the daughter of an Apostolic minister and a vocalist. Toni, her four sisters and her brother were forced to live under the strict rules of their family's faith.
The girls of the Braxton family were not allowed to wear pants, sandals or makeup, were not allowed to have boyfriends, and the children were not allowed to listen to mainstream music. That didn't stop them from listening to music; when their parents were out, they watched Soul Train and listened to music.
Toni and her siblings no longer had to sneak around to watch television once her parents joined the United Methodist Church, which had less strict rules. Watching soul greats such as Stevie Wonder and Chaka Khan eventually contributed to Toni's musical style.
Doe-eyed Toni discovered her talent as a member of the church choir, which her mother encouraged her to join. Although Toni knew she wanted to pursue a singing career, she received a college education at Bowie State University. While studying teaching, Toni never gave up music. She took singing lessons to fulfill her true passion in life. Remaining true to her love for music, Toni and her sisters formed a group called the Braxtons. . .

Re: What Happened To Toni Braxton? by domwas2(m): 4:56pm On Feb 28, 2007
2007–present: Departure from Blackground…
Braxton has been released from her contract with Blackground after a number of disputes with former manager Barry Hankerson.

On January 12, 2007, Braxton filed a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court in Manhattan against Barry Hankerson for $10 million, alleging "fraud, deception and double dealing" in the matter of mismanaging and destroying her relationship with Arista Records.
According to Braxton, Hankerson placed his own personal financial interests ahead of hers during the management of her recording career by using "underhanded double-talk" to compromise and destroy her relationship with Arista Records to lure her to his Blackground label. Braxton alleged that Hankerson told Arista that "[she] no longer wanted to record for Arista," while at the same time telling her that "Arista was not interested in working with her anymore," which, according to her, were false statements on both ends.
Braxton also accused Hankerson of failing to send to her on request copies of accounting statements, lying about deals that he made on her behalf and engaging in a vendetta against her by refusing to provide information to other managers that she sought to hire to manage her career.
It was also announced that Braxton would be parting ways with Blackground Records after just one album. The suit has been settled.

check out for more
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toni_Braxton

Re: What Happened To Toni Braxton? by domwas2(m): 3:07pm On Mar 02, 2007
nice pics here, wat do u think?
Re: What Happened To Toni Braxton? by joyblinks(f): 7:21pm On Mar 03, 2007
i love her but sometimes her dressing makes me angry.
Re: What Happened To Toni Braxton? by LilRed1(f): 6:58pm On Mar 05, 2007
hasn't she gained weigh tlately??
Re: What Happened To Toni Braxton? by SMC(f): 8:12pm On Mar 05, 2007
domwas2:

Date of Birth: October 7,1967[/b]Place of Birth: Severn, Maryland, USA
Mother : Evelyn Braxton :
Father: Michael Braxton
Brother(s): 1 brother
Sister(s) :4 sisters
Statistics Height: 5' 2"
Hair/Eyes Color: Brown / Brown
Marital Status: Married to Keri Lewis (April 21, 2001)

Toni Braxton was born October 7, [b]1968,
in Severn, Maryland, the daughter of an Apostolic minister and a vocalist. Toni, her four sisters and her brother were forced to live under the strict rules of their family's faith.

@ Domwas2, you have a contradiction I have highlighted mate. She was born in 1967 not 1968. smiley
Re: What Happened To Toni Braxton? by domwas2(m): 12:42am On Mar 07, 2007
SMC:

@ Domwas2, you have a contradiction I have highlighted mate. She was born in 1967 not 1968. smiley
Hi pal, thanks for that, its a mistake hope note is taken
cheers smiley

(1) (Reply)

Bettie Jennifer's Murder: Chris Attoh Flies To US After Wife's Death / Banky W & Adesua Etomi Are Legally Married, As They Sign Marriage Papers Today / SUV Voice Of Nigeria Winner, Arese Won (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.