Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,713 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview (66890 Views)

My Road Bad Pass Your Own - Richard Akinnola On Lagos Roads / Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... / Open Letter To The Usa Embassy, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by jtjohn(m): 9:57am On Oct 25, 2017
seunoni34:
I'm telling you, I was denied last year too,on invitation for a wedding/vacation. The consulant didn't even give a concrete reason for not granting us. Though we applied as siblings (My parents already have). I just think it's random. I had a stable job which could qualify as a strong tie here, we have a lot of families over there that we could stay with if we travel,but we were still rejected. You don't really know what they want.

You need to see how she was rejecting everybody like she woke up on the wrong side of her bed. Na serious thing o. I want to try again but the thought of that previous rejection is making me reluctant. It's not even about the money.

And other countries are easy, it's just US and now with Trump over there and his anti-immigration policies, I hope it's not gonna be harder. Obama was still president as of the time I went to the embassy last year.
Trump anti-immigration policies is not helping matter at all.i strong belief that before the interview day, They all already know your fate.The rate at which young guys is been denied is so alarming.Though they give preferential treatment to older people and family though most especially older people let's say from 70 years above.
Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by seunoni34(m): 10:22am On Oct 25, 2017
jtjohn:
Trump anti-immigration policies is not helping matter at all.i strong belief that before the interview day, They all already know your fate.The rate at which young guys is been denied is so alarming.Though they give preferential treatment to older people and family though most especially older people let's say from 70 years above.
I think the fear is that, young guys will want to run away and not come back. They're the ones more capable of committing crime. I understand their fear, no country will want to take chances with her citizens in this time of ISIS & organized terrorism , and remember what Abdul mutalab guy did 7 years ago is still fresh in their heads.

But truth still remains that their approach is way too exaggerated. The bad ones will always find their way . It's the good people that suffer it the most. Funny thing is, I have never planned to start a life in the US at any point in my life, I just want to go there on vacations and have fun.
Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by Kufie(m): 10:53am On Oct 25, 2017
sayrahbankz:

Na jamb? Lol
Since we dey see tips and tricks make we follow see past questions grin
Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by timesup234: 12:19pm On Oct 25, 2017
cydophobia:

What is this one saying?
answer my question if you want to know what I am saying. Nobody born of man can dispute what I wrote there but brainwashed people like you will find it hard to believe until you get to the United states and find out yourself
Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by timesup234: 12:21pm On Oct 25, 2017
ofalu047:

Bros for where you get this your statitics from sef? Shoo! these ur figures wan look like bad market!
#AdonbelieveIt
You are not supposed to believe because the United states is one big propaganda. 65% of Americans can't even come up with $500 in an emergency while 62% are one paycheck away from living on the street

2 Likes

Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by ofalu047(m): 12:28pm On Oct 25, 2017
timesup234:
You are not supposed to believe because the United states is one big propaganda. 65% of Americans can't even come up with $500 in an emergency while 62% are one paycheck away from living on the street

Bros pls, what is the source of these your facts?
because from the way you are doling out ds facts looks like you work with United State Federal Reserves.

2 Likes

Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by nkemjacob2(m): 12:38pm On Oct 25, 2017
daddyp76:

Nigeria visa is one of the most difficult visa to get in the world, they too also celebrate it when ever they get Nigeria visa.
funny and yet we have so many useless foreigners in the country
Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by DONADAMS(m): 12:41pm On Oct 25, 2017
seunoni34:
it's very difficult bro. Most times money or whatever can't do much for you. This consulars are tough. Other countries are east but USA? It's like judgement day
wow.. thanks for the enlightenment!
Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by timesup234: 1:24pm On Oct 25, 2017
timesup234:
i dont give fake info. Most of these things are out there and easy to find but we have been blinded by hollywood picture of america.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maggiemcgrath/2016/01/06/63-of-americans-dont-have-enough-savings-to-cover-a-500-emergency/amp/

https://amp.cnn.com/money/2017/01/12/pf/americans-lack-of-savings/index.html

http://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/ACEC1680-B3E4-11E5-97C5-736D3D8839BF

6 Likes

Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by seunoni34(m): 1:25pm On Oct 25, 2017
nkemjacob2:
funny and yet we have so many useless foreigners in the country
lol.. You should know any hard nut in Nigeria can be cracked with money. Oyinbo knows our weak point. So long as the consular is an human being and a Nigerian, anything is possible.
Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by yesBOSS222: 3:16pm On Oct 25, 2017
timesup234:
i dont give fake info. Most of these things are out there and easy to find but we have been blinded by hollywood picture of america..

You are partially right bro. It's most common among the African Americans. Why it's not being noticed is because of the high standard of living, & the freebies that America citizens enjoy.

Come to think of it guyz, have you ever calculate the huge amount of money that the US embassy make from Nigeria every single day. On average, 300 NIV applications are treated everyday in Lagos alone. Out of these figure, a mere 50 applicants are granted visas. Now, 250 refusals x N64,000 = N16,000,000.00.

And Nigeria govt is not doing a shit about this. The US embassy is the strictest of all the embassies in Nigeria, yet, ignorant Nigerians are not aware of these. They judge you within minutes & reach (mostly wrong) conclusions on you.

I even expect them to think deeply & reason on why applications from Nigerians are huge. Don't they read or watch or even listen to News? Aren't they aware that Nigerians are really suffering? Even the so called middle class citizens are complaining.

As a consular, an applicant applied 3 to 4 times without backing off, & you still don't know why? Gosh. These consulars sef na wa. Shio

2 Likes

Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by lebete3000: 6:32pm On Oct 25, 2017
jtjohn:
USA visa is the hardest to get....Recently I was denied USA visa even though it was my uncle who invited me for vacation and he work with a reputable company (Verizon wireless company) and I was still denied.

They prolly believed you wanted to go and be staying there. As long as you got no proper ties with naija, you'll be 9times out of 10 be denied...
Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by lebete3000: 6:34pm On Oct 25, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:
Thank God i get my yankee visa at last late last year. Oh boy it wasn't funny, those people showed me pepper. I attempted like 7 times total before finally getting it. Been tryin it since around 200Level in Uni days and finally got it immediately after NYSC.

When God says it's your time, nothing can stop you.

What were your questions??
Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by lebete3000: 6:36pm On Oct 25, 2017
bettyLad:
USA USA. my husband and I applied 4yrs back after our wedding, we had wanted to go there for honey moon and with the hope of having our kids there, we were denied, they didn't even request for anything docs ,only asked if he know anybody in the US and we said No. few months ago my husband applied with an invitation letter to attend an occasion but still he was denied.. I don't know if it's still OK to apply again but this time the whole family is going to apply. I pray they grant us so we can spend next summer brk over there

Trying to get your kids to be citizens? Them go wan likely deny you na....and d whole family this time around Lol....try your luck sha...
Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by lebete3000: 6:52pm On Oct 25, 2017
timesup234:
Name a single Nigeria in those countries you listed who can be tagged as being successful. You guys are very funny. 95% of Nigerians living in America have never seen $40,000 cash unless those involved in shady dealings. Even 80% of americans who are first class citizens dont even have $20,000 saved after thirty years of working. This is 2017 you guys should stop living in illusion.

So you think $40,000 is like #40,000 ba? Thay your money is useless here doesn't mean theirs is also.
40k dollars is just like a polithiefcian who stashes millions in his water closet

2 Likes

Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by timesup234: 7:00pm On Oct 25, 2017
lebete3000:

So you think $40,000 is like #40,000 ba? Thay your money is useless here doesn't mean theirs is also.
40k dollars is just like a polithiefcian who stashes millions in his water closet
Dont debate me when it comes to America. $40,000 annual salary in New York is poverty. In some cases you will need government assistance to survive on that salary

1 Like

Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by lebete3000: 7:03pm On Oct 25, 2017
timesup234:
Dont debate me when it comes to America. $40,000 annual salary in New York is poverty. In some cases you will need government assistance to survive on that salary

Well I disagree, sorry.

1 Like

Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by timesup234: 7:12pm On Oct 25, 2017
lebete3000:

Well I disagree, sorry.
Then if you know anyone close to you that lives there tell them to be honest with you and tell you what a $40,000 salary before tax can do. You can check the web yourself to find out. It is nothing. You won't even be able to save $2,000 at the end of the year
Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by lebete3000: 7:24pm On Oct 25, 2017
timesup234:
Then if you know anyone close to you that lives there tell them to be honest with you and tell you what a $40,000 salary before tax can do. You can check the web yourself to find out. It is nothing. You won't even be able to save $2,000 at the end of the year

Well some paychecks in a part of America may not be worth anything. So it's d individuals choice to make wise decisions b4 settling in in a place.
Imagine living in the high brow area of Abuja, Lagos or Portharcout with a 50k/month salary? Your guess is as good as mine.
These are things you must put into consideration b4 signing off the whole of America as a sham.
And you don't expect to get stuck at collecting 40k dollars p.a for the rest of your life. There's always room for improvement.
Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by timesup234: 7:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
Still very far from how you are seeing it. $40,000 is nothing anywhere in America but in new york it is poverty. It will get you by in smaller towns but forget about saving anything for 401k or your retirement. You will depend on social security to live when you get to 65. The average Nigerian in America is a Registered Nurse or License Practical Nurse. At the peak of their career they can only make $65,000 and that is after 20 yrs of working. Even people earning $150,000 in America can't even afford to pay tuition fee for their kids. They rely on credit and loans facility. They don't have the money in cash. America is a credit base system, even the cars you see them drive will take 5-7yrs to pay off then their houses another 30 yrs.
lebete3000:

Well some paychecks in a part of America may not be worth anything. So it's d individuals choice to make wise decisions b4 settling in in a place.
Imagine living in the high brow area of Abuja, Lagos or Portharcout with a 50k/month salary? Your guess is as good as mine.
These are things you must put into consideration b4 signing off the whole of America as a sham.
And you don't expect to get stuck at collecting 40k dollars p.a for the rest of your life. There's always room for improvement.

1 Like

Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by lebete3000: 8:30pm On Oct 25, 2017
timesup234:
Still very far from how you are seeing it. $40,000 is nothing anywhere in America but in new york it is poverty. It will get you by in smaller towns but forget about saving anything for 401k or your retirement. You will depend on social security to live when you get to 65. The average Nigerian in America is a Registered Nurse or License Practical Nurse. At the peak of their career they can only make $65,000 and that is after 20 yrs of working. Even people earning $150,000 in America can't even afford to pay tuition fee for their kids. They rely on credit and loans facility. They don't have the money in cash. America is a credit base system, even the cars you see them drive will take 5-7yrs to pay off then their houses another 30 yrs.

That's because they run a quality based service programme. With $65,000 bucks p.a you can get an affordable car at once without being indebted. It's not like they'll force you to take a loan you don't want. It's all about setting priorities ryt. I agree with the student loans part but you'll pay it off if you're serious about it. The problem is there are lots of attractive distractions not only in the USA but even here in Nigeria and everywhere else in the world.

America isn't designed to keep people in penury, it's people who keep themselves there. America has the highest no of Millionaires and even Billionaires in d world. Are you telling me they're also indebted?
It's all about knowing what you're doing and the USA gives such ppl a greater chance than this contraption called a country.

2 Likes

Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by dataking: 5:28am On Oct 26, 2017
lebete3000:

That's because they run a quality based service programme. With $65,000 bucks p.a you can get an affordable car at once without being indebted. It's not like they'll force you to take a loan you don't want. It's all about setting priorities ryt. I agree with the student loans part but you'll pay it off if you're serious about it. The problem is there are lots of attractive distractions not only in the USA but even here in Nigeria and everywhere else in the world.

America isn't designed to keep people in penury, it's people who keep themselves there. America has the highest no of Millionaires and even Billionaires in d world. Are you telling me they're also indebted?
It's all about knowing what you're doing and the USA gives such ppl a greater chance than this contraption called a country.

Stop arguing blindly. He his telling you as it is. Listen and learn

2 Likes

Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by lebete3000: 10:19am On Oct 26, 2017
dataking:

Stop arguing blindly. He his telling you as it is. Listen and learn

You're free to close your eyes and swallow anything hook line sinker. But don't force someone to join you in it. It's not by force.
Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by dataking: 12:10pm On Oct 26, 2017
lebete3000:

You're free to close your eyes and swallow anything hook line sinker. But don't force someone to join you in it. It's not by force.

Well am in the know as well, so its not new knowledge to me. You have your points though. Its still far better than being in Nigeria as there is room for upward mobility if determined and focused. I give that to you.
Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by lebete3000: 12:21pm On Oct 26, 2017
dataking:

Well am in the know as well, so its not new knowledge to me. You have your points though. Its still far better than being in Nigeria as there is room for upward mobility if determined and focused. I give that to you.

Simply what I was saying!
Miles better....
Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by lebete3000: 12:24pm On Oct 26, 2017
Who goes to Yankee for fun? Everyone goes there to work their asses out to have something to fall back on and immigrants stand a better chance cos they're used to a terrible system already, they'll strive and fare better than those used to a quality system.

1 Like

Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by LegitBachelor: 1:42pm On Oct 26, 2017
Please look into this and give your comments on the chances of getting us visa.

I was denied visa last year. Reason being that I don't have have sufficient ties. Then I was single, no kid, work with a govt agency for 4 years, earn over a hundred thousand naira, and no travel history.

Now I seek to apply again. What's changed? The following have changed:

Work History: I still work with the govt agency (5 years) but now also work with an international organisation and I earn over a million naira.

Travel History: I have travelled to Denmark, Germany, Holland, China and India. I also have 1 year valid schengen visa.

I am still single and a kid. I also remembered I had applied unsuccessfully in US Diversity Lottery Visa several times.

So what are my chances? sad
Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by Ugosample(m): 10:40pm On Oct 26, 2017
timesup234:

So what is your point

Life in the U.S. and Africa can NEVER be compared under any metrics, so leave that story you are talking.

How many Nigerians can pull out N500,000 for emergencies?

2 Likes

Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by Mrflyguy: 6:41am On Oct 27, 2017
How many Nigerians can pull out 50,000 for emergency .

1 Like

Re: Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview by Mrflyguy: 6:42am On Oct 27, 2017
Ugosample:

So what is your point

Life in the U.S. and Africa can NEVER be compared under any metrics, so leave that story you are talking.

How many Nigerians can pull out N500,000 for emergencies?

How many Nigerians can pull out 50,000 for emergency?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Battleship Island: Once World's Most Populated City Abandoned 47 Years Ago(Pics) / Man Drives Against Traffic In Abuja, Soldier Catches Him, Orders Him To Stand On / Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.