Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

"Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (21579 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: 'I Was Happy To Wear Dior Cleavage-Baring Dress' / Melania Trump Racist In Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by EmekaBlue(m): 8:13pm On Oct 24, 2017
iffa hear say i read all these...
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 24, 2017
It seems this lady is tired of her life
CIA is an expert on killing 'troublemakers'
DEFAMATION SUIT loading angry
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by julioralph(m): 8:29pm On Oct 24, 2017
hiroz:
it was absolutely unnecessary and disrespectful..
all these liberal leftists its either they are playing the race card or feminism.
imagine if a white writer had written some negative fiction about Michelle Obama, I'm sure chimamanda will be one of those crying racism and oppression...

why openly mock trump's wife and daughter because u dislike his administration..
addendum: although published this year, this novel was actually written in 2016.
that doesn't change my opinion, it is still a useless and unnecessary novel.art is not an excuse to be stupid.
you can't hide under the cover of fiction to launch veiled digs at the trumps.
True talk
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by cstr1000: 8:31pm On Oct 24, 2017
FreshShavedBalls:
It is always either the race card or the feminist card with this one.
America is a country of different races and race politics plays a significant role in their polity. It got trump and Obama elected.
Even adichie noted to BBC during hard talk that she did not have to worry about race until she came to America.
Cut her some slack. Race is everything in America.

2 Likes

Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by OmoDavido(m): 8:36pm On Oct 24, 2017
The first picture just remind me of benzene...

Only chemists can understand.
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 24, 2017
Iscoalarcon:
When I am ready to marry I will find a beautiful and brilliant woman like this womqn kiss

The only problem is that she will not be a woman rather a womqn....I can't even pronounce it

1 Like

Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Iwaycee(m): 9:11pm On Oct 24, 2017
Finally scrolled to d bottom grin
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 24, 2017
hiroz:
it was absolutely unnecessary and disrespectful..
all these liberal leftists its either they are playing the race card or feminism.
imagine if a white writer had written some negative fiction about Michelle Obama, I'm sure chimamanda will be one of those crying racism and oppression...

why openly mock trump's wife and daughter because u dislike his administration..
addendum: although published this year, this novel was actually written in 2016.
that doesn't change my opinion, it is still a useless and unnecessary novel.art is not an excuse to be stupid.
you can't hide under the cover of fiction to launch veiled digs at the trumps.

In democracies, presidents are criticized. It is an integral and essential part of every healthy democracy. Stop displaying your ignorance.
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 24, 2017
gypsey:
Well...chimanda who ever the hell! You are! If you don't like Melania stay the fuvk! Away from the US, stay in your own bloody shiit hole country. like it or not melania is the First Lady of America! And you are just an African woman. grin jealousy is an illness.

It is obvious you have been denied the privilege of good education. Whatever you are smoking, stop. It has done severe damage to your brain.
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 24, 2017
fabulousfortune:
Can't read dis long epistle. D pesin below me might have sometin to say angry

This is long for you? SMH
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 24, 2017
AryaSand:

Chimmamnda is a Racist and an Hypocrite. I'm surprised she still lives in the US afterall she hates Trump and his administration. I laugh when people say Blacks can't be racists because they are black.

So if you do not like the president of a country, you have to leave the country? You are an id.iot.
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 24, 2017
Mindfulness:

It is obvious you have been denied the privilege of good education. Whatever you are smoking, stop. It has done severe damage to your brain.
is this supposed to make sense? Anyway! everyone has their own opinion even if it's a useless and nonsense one like yours Ciao! grin

3 Likes

Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 24, 2017
Mindfulness:

Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:20pm On Oct 24, 2017
cstr1000:

America is a country of different races and race politics plays a significant role in their polity. It got trump and Obama elected.
Even adichie noted to BBC during hard talk that she did not have to worry about race until she came to America.
Cut her some slack. Race is everything in America.

Na only her dey there?
Slack indeed.
She is misbehaving biko
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 24, 2017
gypsey:
is this supposed to make sense?

Is it too difficult for you to comprehend? Why am I not surprised?
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 24, 2017
Mindfulness:

Is it too difficult for you to comprehend? Why am I not surprised?
Anyway! everyone has an opinion even if it's a useless, Rubbish and nonesense one like yours. Ciao! grin
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 24, 2017
gypsey:
Anyway! everyone has an opinion even if it's a useless, Rubbish and nonesense one like yours. Ciao! grin

Not everyone has a brain though. Don't worry you are not the only slowpoke in this world. And since a slowpoke became the president of the US of A, there is still hope for you. grin
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 24, 2017
Mindfulness:

Not everyone has a brain though. Don't worry you are not the only slowpoke in this world. And since a slowpoke became the president of the US of A, there is still hope for you. grin
Thank you! i am glad you are aware of that. anything else reasonable you would like to add? tongue
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 24, 2017
Mindfulness:

In democracies, presidents are criticized. It is an integral and essential part of every healthy democracy. Stop displaying your ignorance.
please no need for insults.
you can say what u want to say without sounding condescending in your tone..
you said Presidents abi.of course you can criticise a president and his policy.
but did u read the novel at all,she was mocking his family,his wife and kids...
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 24, 2017
hiroz:

when people lose a debate or have nothing reasonable to contribute to a topic they resort to insults, don't give that individual the satisfaction, let him/her carry on with insults, he/she will get bored off it. just ignore. from that individuals comments you can see that he is a juvenile.
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 24, 2017
hiroz:

Novel? I thought it was a short story. And if you read it, you would know that the part about his son was friendly.

Having said that, keep in mind that this is fiction. Even if she alluded to Trump, it is still fiction. And even if it wasn't, artistic freedom also includes the right to mock politicians. It is funny that you come here to defend Trump and tell me not to be condescending and ignore all the people Trump has insulted, even disabled journalists.

Please, better not quote me again. Thank you.
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 24, 2017
Mindfulness:

Really? democracy you say? so why do you label anyone who doesn't Agree with your sentiments a retard or brainless? grin grin
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 24, 2017
gypsey:
Really? democracy you say? so why do you label anyone who doesn't Agree with your sentiments a retard or brainless? grin grin

I do not label everyone who disagrees with me a re.tard or brainless, just the re.tards and the brainless, people like you. grin
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 24, 2017
Mindfulness:

I do not label everyone who disagrees with me a re.tard or brainless, just the re.tards and the brainless, people like you. grin
thank you! any more insults? i am a re.tard if that helps you to sleep well at night or make your life easier i Accept. grin
oh! i forgot! i am also brainless, i hope i ve helped with your sleepless nights over trump's problems, remember the guy is a billionaire.

I take it re.tards like me are not wellcomed or included in your own world or definition of democracy, you are a very confused and troubled soul and i pity you. grin

4 Likes

Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by fr3do(m): 9:52pm On Oct 24, 2017
FreshShavedBalls:
It is always either the race card or the feminist card with this one.

and so? until issues of gender inequality and racism become extinct like poliomyelitis
she can fire on.
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Lalas247(f): 9:53pm On Oct 24, 2017
gypsey:
thank you! any more insults? i am a re.tard if that helps you to sleep well at night or make your life easier i Accept. grin

Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 24, 2017
Lalas247:

babe! are you shocked? don't be! i don't have time to have slanging match with juveniles grin. i am a grown ass man with children.
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by CynthiaChi(f): 10:01pm On Oct 24, 2017
Hmmmm, I love Chimamanda and her books but this particular story albeit fiction doesn't sit well with me at all.... It's basically begging for trouble
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by introvertme: 10:10pm On Oct 24, 2017
AryaSand:

I say the same thing everytime. She's there forming African and Feminists yet she's not going from one African country to another fighting for Education for the girl child.
She's an Hypocrite abeg. Notice she didn't say anything when the Senate was talking about her Sisters having every right to inherit their father's properties.

God bless you for this !!!

I'm so Happy grin
Someone finally said it

2 Likes

Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by introvertme: 10:19pm On Oct 24, 2017
gypsey:
babe! are you shocked? don't be! i don't have time to have slanging match with juveniles grin. i am a grown ass man with children.

DAT myndfulness girl has a problem,that's the thing about 3rd wave feminists it's either they're right or they're right.
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 24, 2017
gypsey:
oh! i forgot! i am also brainless, i hope i ve helped with your sleepless nights over trump's problems, remember the guy is a billionaire.

I take it re.tards like me are not wellcomed or included in your own world or definition of democracy, you are a very confused and troubled soul and i pity you. grin
The mistake you made was replying "It". "It" isn't worth it, "It" mentioned me with insult too but I ignored. I'm bigger than that. Let's be the adults here dear. Mabinu, Joor!
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 24, 2017
AryaSand:

The mistake you made was replying "It". "It" isn't worth it, "It" mentioned me with insult too but I ignored. I'm bigger than that. Let's be the adults here dear. Mabinu, Joor!

I see how you ignored it. Id.iot. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obasanjo's Autobiography "My Watch" Now Sold In Traffic. Are They Pirated? / How To Write And Pass Toefl Exams(toefl Exams Made Easy) / Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.