Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,588 members, 7,809,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT (17101 Views)

Youths Attack Policemen In Ibeju-Lekki / Yoruba, Akwa Ibom Residents Clash In Ibeno. 5 Killed, Properties Destroyed / ‘Blasphemy’: Youths Attack Vigilante Commander In Gangare, Lagos Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by pbethel: 10:53pm On Oct 24, 2017
At about 5p.m when workers were returning from work at QIT, the youths in Eket stormed the road, attacking QIT subcontractor vehicles and ordering everyone to submit their I.D cards. Below are the pictures of one Subcontractor worker that was attacked.
This is becoming almost a daily act, whereby the youths just stop cars along eket ibeno road, demanding for money, hijacking of company cars and demanding that ransom be paid before its release.

Let the governor, local govt chairman and all authorities concerned stop this. Its getting out of hand.

Cc lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by GavelSlam: 10:57pm On Oct 24, 2017
Thugs.

1 Like

Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by Douglaufuoma(m): 11:06pm On Oct 24, 2017
do will still have state governors, what is federal government waiting for before they prohibit developmental fee collection youth of different location use to drive away investors. this issue is really killing us, we blame government for hardship but cannot blame our brothers from taking food from our mouth. please anybody that is close to both the state and fg should draw their attention to this issue of development collection

4 Likes

Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by Amaso99(m): 11:46pm On Oct 24, 2017
You check your backyard see people wear coverall dey drill oil in the evening them enter their clean suv they go house you come they envy them, you come approach them say make you follow them work them blackmail you say you no they qualify say you no go school, you come vex go buy jamb form follow go school after five years you graduate , serve finish go back there them say you no get 3yrs working experience where as your course mate (yoruba, igbo or hausa) wey grad with you them don give ham work because him brother na HR tell me why i no go vex matchet person.
The plight of Niger deltans.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by kay29000(m): 9:22am On Oct 25, 2017
Wow! That's a deep cut. If this is like a daily occurrence, why hasn't the state police force done something about it?
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by Sirpaul(m): 9:23am On Oct 25, 2017
In this country

1 Like

Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by lelvin(m): 9:23am On Oct 25, 2017
That is what happens when there are no jobs and the economy is stagnant, young men wake up to bottles of monkey tail, kparaga and some other concoctions that the devil is even afraid to take.

5 Likes

Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by potbelly(m): 9:23am On Oct 25, 2017
Even when you give them money, they use it for booze and women...

That's why development will take centuries before it reaches the Niger delta... The mindset is darker than midnight

10 Likes

Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by XXLDICK(m): 9:24am On Oct 25, 2017
Amaso99:
You check your backyard see people wear coverall dey drill oil in the evening them enter their clean suv they go house you come they envy them, you come approach them say make you follow them work them blackmail you say you no they qualify say you no go school, you come vex go buy jamb form follow go school after five years you graduate , serve finish go back there them say you no get 3yrs working experience where as your course mate (yoruba, igbo or hausa) wey grad with you them don give ham work because him brother na HR tell me why i no go vex matchet person.
Very foolish comment

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by hubtiva: 9:24am On Oct 25, 2017
Nawaooo
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by looseweight: 9:25am On Oct 25, 2017
Ok
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by Dronedude(m): 9:25am On Oct 25, 2017
Exxonmobil Qit is like heaven in Akwa ibom if u have connect, u make heaven if you dont have u remain in hell only to be turnted and intemedated by the Qit Staff. Qualification isnt a guarantee anymore on like before. TTC use to be a hope for all but now it is only for the children of existing or retired staff and government officials. I condemn the attack on subcontractors but they are obviously the vulnerable because the real employees of the company are heavily guarded with security.

3 Likes

Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by Atiku2019: 9:26am On Oct 25, 2017
sad sad
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by Seylad2009(m): 9:27am On Oct 25, 2017
Amaso99:
Its not only the Niger Deltan, it's everywhere in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by cashlurd(m): 9:27am On Oct 25, 2017
The man struggled with them I guess. Why was he the only one injured? Your company drills oil from their backyard without giving anything back to them.... You work for a company that is bent on exploiting the Niger Delta.... You shouldn't struggle with irate youths....

However, joblessness is the reason the youths are doing this. If they had jobs, they wouldn't have such time. Thanks to Buhari
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by katchy2k: 9:27am On Oct 25, 2017
Na wa oooo
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by Paulosky1900: 9:29am On Oct 25, 2017
may GOD protect his children

Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by Bullhari007(m): 9:30am On Oct 25, 2017
we need serious revolution in this country. if it turn out good fine if it turn out bad better, I will play the role of rebel fighting government... Buhari is a useless goat TUFIAKWA

2 Likes

Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by 9japrof(m): 9:30am On Oct 25, 2017
How come operation crocodile smile never reach that side, abi na that place no follow for South South

I hope that when the smile reaches there, the youths would smile back in return and not cry victimisation
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by truthbox: 9:30am On Oct 25, 2017
No matter the provocation, if you attack workers in your locality, you will drive investors and investment from your area.
Everyone is being marginalised, even my local government chairman never replaced a faulty electrical wires in our area until his 2 heavy-duty mikano generators broke down

3 Likes

Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by gebest: 9:31am On Oct 25, 2017
pls is dat blood on his cloths or designer, am kidner confused.
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by durasome(m): 9:31am On Oct 25, 2017
Make me A work make me B work also let the Joy flow round, if you want to eat alone especially in my backyard, no way!peace will never reign .
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by aku626(m): 9:31am On Oct 25, 2017
How do they stop jobless/idle youths?
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by NaijaCover(m): 9:33am On Oct 25, 2017
Nawa o
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by Codes151(m): 9:34am On Oct 25, 2017
Stop saying rubbish... where is the youths that attacked him? Who is them?

Stop putting up thrash online...
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by BlueRayDick: 9:34am On Oct 25, 2017
Amaso99:

THIS MAKES NO SENSE. Niger deltans have governors who have continued to embezzled funds meant for the welfare of their people.

A state like Bayelsa has no reason to be poor, they have just 8 local governments, receive allocation like every other state and get 13% derivation like every other oil producing state. The don't even need to build much roads like other southern states because it has much of riverine communities. They shouldn't even be owing civil servants salary, but reverse is the case. Their first civilian governor was jailed for corruption charges.

8 Likes

Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by truthbox: 9:35am On Oct 25, 2017
navyseal2220:
Waiting for Afonjas to come and attack Ibibios as touts. To my Ibibio brothers, instead of you to this, join your brothers in IPOB, when Biafraa is restored Ibibio clan will be like Qatar; the richest country in world per GDP. Right now, Nigeria government gets over $15 billion a yr from your land, and only gives you paltry 200 billion naira a yr from it. WHAT A JOKE AND ROBBERY!

Grow up,u don't show u are intelligent by calling people Igbos,afonjas,etc and other derogatory terms until u make your opinions heard

4 Likes

Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by Jogani22: 9:36am On Oct 25, 2017
Giats

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Godsgift Lagos 'Colo' Killed By Kidnappers While Trying To Pay Ransom. / Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands / IGP Orders Nationwide Arrest Of Persons Inciting Violence. Take note e-warriors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.