Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC (9909 Views)

Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC / 2019 Elections: INEC Releases Criteria For Recruitment Of Ad-hoc Staff / Osun Elections: INEC Official That Tore Ayedaade Results Confesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC by kikake: 1:53pm On Oct 25, 2017
comos:

http://punchng.com/prisoners-to-vote-in-2019-says-inec/

But Diaspora Nigerians that are mostly southerners cannot be allowed to vote by the Fulani Empire of Nigeria.

Even Senegalese Diaspora votes, Fulani Empire of Nigeria says Nigeria's Diaspora cannot vote.

The votes of one million Diaspora Nigerians can change the formula of who wins Nigeria's presidential election - a formula now 100% in favour of wherever Fulani supports.
Re: Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC by Rolly22(m): 2:00pm On Oct 25, 2017
Nigeria has outlived it's usefulness
Re: Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC by Gentlevin: 2:01pm On Oct 25, 2017
Pls can some1 ask d INEC chairman if my unborn children are allowed to vote ?......
Re: Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC by Worksunlimited: 2:01pm On Oct 25, 2017
Operation Rigging Dance loading....
Re: Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC by TrillionBrains(m): 2:06pm On Oct 25, 2017
Thought Prisoners have nothing to do with Nigerian Election system - Urrh I forgot we're in Nigeria. Started when Obasanjo contested for Presidency even after serving a Prison sentence. Total Fall Apart

Anyways, am looking forward to day CLONES like HIM at the top will be many in Nigeria and are granted voting Cards. We rep TECH - TRILLIONCLUES
Re: Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC by talk2percy(m): 2:10pm On Oct 25, 2017
North and their greed for power!!! Buh we dey watch them! Naija....
Re: Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC by cococandy(f): 2:13pm On Oct 25, 2017
Maslow’s heirachy of needs:
Why not attend to their simple basic needs first. You know; food, clean water, health care at the very minimum before concerning yourself about their voting rights.

Stupid extortionists. You think we are all stupid

2 Likes

Re: Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC by 2nattie(m): 2:14pm On Oct 25, 2017
I thought for the time one does in a prison the person's right to vote or be voted for will seize?
Re: Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC by sonymax16(m): 2:28pm On Oct 25, 2017
Dem 4 set up polling units for graveyard naa....... So that dead pple will vote...... Nonsense angry
Re: Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC by Starkid3010(m): 2:29pm On Oct 25, 2017
Thank God
Re: Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC by akigbemaru: 2:33pm On Oct 25, 2017
Re: Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC by asksteve(m): 2:43pm On Oct 25, 2017
[quote
Re: Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC by asksteve(m): 2:44pm On Oct 25, 2017
BudeYahooCom:
But convicts and ex-convicts cannot be voted for.

News flash!!!
Once they can vote they can also be voted for, days the main aim of the new policy though it is kept silent in d background.

Our ex-con polithiefcians are preparing d ground to re-enter politics.
Re: Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC by Kobicove(m): 2:45pm On Oct 25, 2017
I hope chickens and goats will not be allowed to vote as well grin
Re: Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC by Bullhari007(m): 2:46pm On Oct 25, 2017
they should vote for sai baba
Re: Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC by molas02: 2:55pm On Oct 25, 2017
BudeYahooCom:
But convicts and ex-convicts cannot be voted for.
who tell you. Obasanjo, Omisore a case study
Re: Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC by koife(m): 3:31pm On Oct 25, 2017
FarahAideed:
An attempt by this failed govt to try to magically create votes from non existent prison voters for failed Buhari ..Well no matter what they do this will be Buharis last tenure
Spot on! You beat me to it

1 Like

Re: Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC by delishpot: 3:33pm On Oct 25, 2017
#Change. 2019 idibo ti sure fun baba. Na there una to hear say 200 million prisoners vote for Buhari
Re: Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC by Blue3k(m): 3:49pm On Oct 25, 2017
I don't agree with this. I think most should be allowed to vote after they've served their time. Felons can vote already.

“Ghana does it but there are some categories of prisoners who by the nature of crimes committed lose the right to vote. Whatever we can do to open up the process to ensure that as much as possible Nigerians are given the opportunity to vote, will be done.”

This isn't something I would want to copy.

1 Like

Re: Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC by udeeze67: 3:53pm On Oct 25, 2017
BET TO A MAN OF YOURSELF..BET9JA BOOKING CODE?
TODAY FIXED MATCH BOOKING CODE IS AT YOUR DOOR
STEP"PLS STAKE HIGHER"
DONT MISS OUT THIS OPPORTUNITY..WINNING IS GUARANTEED
CALL OR WHATSAPP FOR TODAY GAME

Re: Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC by Blue3k(m): 3:56pm On Oct 25, 2017
cococandy:
Maslow’s heirachy of needs:
Why not attend to their simple basic needs first. You know; food, clean water, health care at the very minimum before concerning yourself about their voting rights.

Stupid extortionists. You think we are all stupid

If they carry out this policy maybe they would start treating these people like human beings. I agree give them the basics.

1 Like

Re: Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC by Mbediogu(m): 4:46pm On Oct 25, 2017
The criminal ones will photo for their kind. The non criminals will be forced to vote according to dictates of the wardens or face their wrath.
Re: Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC by Paulosky1900: 5:03pm On Oct 25, 2017
buskie13:
why o,prisoners to do what?
I see the next election would decide the fate of Nigeria, watch out carefully, Buhari is so bent on destroying this country, they might have been promised that if they vote,they get a shorter time in jail or be free forever, what kind of nonsense is this?

U JUST SAID MY MIND BRO

1 Like

Re: Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC by sapientia(m): 5:17pm On Oct 25, 2017
2015 - Voters Card

2019 - Prisoners.

There are Nigerians who we may never have heard their names that runs this government with a mandate to ground Nigeria.

These set of clowns cannot be this smart to perfect election rigging before it starts..

Farewell my dear country... now am really scared.
Re: Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC by seguntijan(m): 5:52pm On Oct 25, 2017
Sharp politician another way of rigging the election via unfreed votes, Those guys are thinking far ahead of we the voters
Re: Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC by tico1212(m): 5:55pm On Oct 25, 2017
Na from prison dem wan dey rig from now. Yeyenatu
Re: Prisoners To Vote In 2019 Elections - INEC by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 25, 2017
12inches1:
I think someone should sue INEC for this. Makes no sense at all. In the U. S prisoners are not allowed to vote in most states. In fact a study showed that most prisoners in states that are allowed don't vote. This is an attempt by INEC to magnify votes in some prisons for a desired candidate. In fact there is also the issue that prisoners at the mercy of warders and the prison system would not have their freedom of choice. In a country that has not even perfected voting among free non criminal men and women. It is prisoners that they want to use to rig election to bring in their desired candidate. I think the dead Nigerians should be allowed to vote too. Clearly beforehand atleast we now know the leadership of INEC has been compromised. Oshisco squared.

Constitutionally, it's wrong for convicts weda present or ex to vote or be voted for in every country...but it's also constitutionally allowed that the president of the federation has the right to waive such Restriction of rights..obasanjo was an ex convict... no be this country we dey when he contested, won, ruled for 8years and almost forced himself on us for a third term...all na we we... anything to favour them

(1) (2) (Reply)

We’ll Win Ekiti Governorship — SDP / No Oro Festival In Lagos On Saturday, Electoral Process Not Threatened – Police / Oyebanji Congratulates President Tinubu, Says Nigeria Is In Safe Hands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.