Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,706 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud (19855 Views)

Ibrahim Magu Names Pension Thieves / Fayose, EFCC Quarrel Over Pension Thieves’ Mansion Allegedly Sold To Falana / Assets Recovered From Pension Thieves Has Been Shared - Senate Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by Ore000: 2:17pm On Oct 25, 2017
• Seeks Buhari’s protection to spill the beans

Ejiofor Alike

The former Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Pension Reforms, Mr. Abdulrasheed Maina, has explained that he went into hiding to save his life from pension thieves who vowed to silence him for asking the former Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, to stop multi-billion naira monthly allocations being shared by the thieves under the guise of paying pensioners.

Maina, who spoke to Berekete Family, an Abuja-based Radio Show anchored by Ahmed Isa, which could not be authenticated, said he was ready to come out from hiding to spill the beans with relevant documents if President Muhammadu Buhari would provide him adequate security.
The former pension boss recalled that his car was shot at three times and the windows shattered when he was returning from a meeting with former President Goodluck Jonathan and Okonjo-Iweala where they discussed about the money recovered by his task force.

According to him, what saved him from the attack was that Jonathan had earlier directed that he should be given a bulletproof car after he had complained to him about strange text messages, which threatened his life.
Maina denied stealing pension money, saying that his task force did not have or operate any account and challenged anyone with proof that he was given any government money to present the proof to Nigerians.

“To start with, I did not take anybody’s one kobo and nobody has ever given me one kobo in Nigeria. Nobody has ever given me budget; nobody has ever given our office N10. The Office of the Head of Service (HoS) has always been in charge of our task force. Our task force include: 15 officers from the EFCC; 15 officers from the ICPC; four officers from DSS; two officers from NIA; 15 officers from the office of HoS; three officers from the Accountant General’s Office; three officers from the Auditor General’s office; two officers from the office of the Attorney General and Public Complaint Commission and some representatives of the National Association of the Nigerian Pensioners. I was only the head. Anything that happened in that task force must be endorsed by all these agencies before it is brought to me to endorse. So, why is it that people are calling Maina, Maina and not calling the task force? The reason is that I refused to bend backwards,” Maina explained.

Maina challenged anyone – whether the budget office or the ministry of finance that has ever given him money to show the proof to Nigerians.
He said instead of appropriating government’s money, his task force recovered N282 billion, which Okonjo-Iweala lodged at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), when the present Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammad Sanusi was the governor.

“This money, I have never seen in cash; I only see in paper. So, how did I come across the money? If there is anybody with proof of how government gave me money or how money entered into my account, let the person show the proof. People are talking on the newspapers. All this is because of the following: My team was asked to go and restructure the Police Pension Office. We went to the Police Pension Office and we found out that they were taking N300 million every morning. I reported to the Minister of Finance and asked her if she approved N24 billion for payment of police pension arrears and she said ‘yes.’. I told her that the money was not being used to pay police pension arrears and that N300 million was removed every morning and these are the people that were removing the money. The matter was referred to the EFCC and ICPC,” Maina said.

“The second thing was that they were allocating N1.5 billion every month for police pension. We found out that the actual amount was N488 million. That means that they have been stealing N1 billion every month for so long. Definitely, I will have enemies. We had to ask the Minister of Finance to stop these payments,” he added.
Maina also stated that his team carried out biometric exercise, stressing that the exercise was approved by the Head of Service and not him.

According to him, all the agencies represented in the task force participated in the exercise.
“The task force never had or operated any account. It is the people who stole money and that are being prosecuted are the ones that paid money to the media to rubbish my name. They are rubbishing my name because they are afraid that if Maina is around, Maina is going to reveal a lot of things. We blocked leakages in government and saved billions of naira for the government. We created e-payment and gave pensioners smart cards. That way, a pensioner will go and verify himself at his own time instead of lining up every month and dying in the process. We found out that the payroll of the Head of Service was N5.12 billion but the actual was N825 million. So, why should Maina go and tell the Minister of Finance to stop sending N5.12 billion? That was my crime because this money was being shared all over,” Maina explained.

He also recalled that his car was riddled with bullets when he was returning from a meeting with former President Jonathan and Okonjo-Iweala where the money recovered by his team was discussed.
“I had complained to the president and they gave me bullet –proof car. The car is still in the villa. When I complained to the police, the reply by the police was signed by the present Inspector General of Police. I had to go under because of the threats to my life. So, I went to court,” he added.

When asked if he would come out of hiding and spill the beans if President Buhari provides the necessary security for him, Maina said: “I am ready and half of those people will run away and leave Nigeria.

“I tell you this and that is why I am being persecuted. The former President is alive; the former Minister of Finance is alive. Let them go and find out about the money Maina recovered. How can they say there is no money to pay pensioners? It was during my time that we went and got approval for 53 per cent increase in pension. With the money we recovered, they were able to pay the 53 per cent increase. We recovered N282 billion. How many pensioners do we have in Nigeria? Secondly, because of the information I gave to the security agencies, they recovered N1.6 trllion from the security agencies,” he said.

Speaking on why he shunned invitation by the Senate, Maina stated that he had earlier honoured the lawmakers’ invitation but was shocked by the treatment given to the pension thieves by the Senators.
“The pension thieves were being given tea in the Senate Chambers while I and Lawode were inside the dock. So, the thieves were with the Senators,” he added.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/10/25/maina-pension-thieves-are-after-my-life-for-exposing-fraud/

1 Like

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by TI1919(m): 2:18pm On Oct 25, 2017
grin

2 Likes

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by Ahmed0336(m): 2:51pm On Oct 25, 2017
Nawa o

3 Likes

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by FarahAideed: 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2017
Is this interview new or old ?

4 Likes

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by stevnwigw: 3:49pm On Oct 25, 2017
The youths are suffering in this enclave we need to burn down the Senate chambers

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by Paperwhite(m): 3:51pm On Oct 25, 2017
cry cry Buhari government is just an absolute disgrace.Nigeria never deserves it.Keep spinning the scandal Maina zombies are listening.

47 Likes

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by OZAOEKPE(f): 3:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
stevnwigw:
The youths are suffering in this enclave we need to burn down the Senate chambers
After Aso Rock with jubril inside it

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by Bfitconsults: 4:36pm On Oct 25, 2017
This info sort of make sense.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by Vatsyayana: 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2017
I think I kinda relate with the Maina story than the propaganda being spurn around from unknown quarters by fake and lazy media...

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by aolawale025: 4:50pm On Oct 25, 2017
Maina may actually have a point if it's true

9 Likes

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by RoyalUc(m): 4:53pm On Oct 25, 2017
This is one reason I don't rush into making comments on sensitive matters I don't have facts/details about.

Nigeria is just too complicated/complex.

Thank God 'this' administration came. At least, we now have too many revalations. Many of the secret schemes of govt are being exposed daily - from budget padding to this. The problem is that we are too weak to do anything about the mess our 'leaders' are putting us through.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by unohbethel(m): 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
But i heard that jonathan was very corrupt..so how come it was during jonathans era that THEY instituted the pension reform to the point of saving many trillions of naira from the pension scam. ayam not understanding o

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 25, 2017
aolawale025:
Maina may actually have a point if it's true

Then why did he plead guilty in court?

8 Likes

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by baralatie(m): 5:04pm On Oct 25, 2017
grin
this naija news sef

efcc is looking for maina he is nowhere to be found
head of service and minister of interior have wondered how maina got re employed. as in maina can not be found.
na na na na Main a ghost has granted interview!
make I dey laf small

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by dexpee4life(m): 5:10pm On Oct 25, 2017
I Dont Know How Sincere Maina Is But What I Know Is That You Cant Expose A Cabal Of Intelligent Looters Without, Eventually Becoming A Victim In Nigeria At The Long-run

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by thundafire: 5:13pm On Oct 25, 2017
Dats y he ran from dey same person that gave him bullet proof car, now they are after his life well done APC, Lai is tutoring him on how to change dey story

13 Likes

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by NigerDeltan(m): 5:16pm On Oct 25, 2017
1.so you mean you acquire all those properties working as a civil servant?

2. Why are you running up and down if you are innocent, is it that the efcc is also after your life?

3.next time make sure you deceive only zombie

26 Likes

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by hakimi1974(m): 8:03am On Oct 26, 2017
FarahAideed:
Is this interview new or old ?
very recent sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by hakimi1974(m): 8:18am On Oct 26, 2017
lexio:

Then why did he plead guilty in court?
plead guilty? it was not maina. it was yusuf that was covicted for 2.2 billion naira fraud, and the "learned" judge sentenced him to 2 years or an option of fine of 250,000 naira, which he brought out of the booth of his car and paid. we are in a quagmire in this country. and it was this same maina that revealed the scam, that got yusuf convicted. the problem is that our journalists are just lazy, they don't research and investigate.

23 Likes

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by hakimi1974(m): 8:24am On Oct 26, 2017
NigerDeltan:
1.so you mean you acquire all those properties working as a civil servant?

2. Why are you running up and down if you are innocent, is it that the efcc is also after your life?

3.next time make sure you deceive only zombie
shebi properties get documents. the family has come out to say, maina inherited those properties from his late dad many years ago.

2 Likes

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by NigerDeltan(m): 8:33am On Oct 26, 2017
hakimi1974:
shebi properties get documents. the family has come out to say, maina inherited those properties from his late dad many years ago.

Who is defending Maina now, is it you or Garba Shehu?

Because the spokesman said Jonathan's men planted him to embarrass the govt, that Maina is the mess the govt is cleaning since 2015

Here according to you Maina is not corrupt

12 Likes

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by 9japrof(m): 8:52am On Oct 26, 2017
Maina or what ever your name is, I can categorically state that you are an idiot.

So why are you making this alleged revelations now?

What influenced your timing now?

If members of the past government were on your trail, why did you wait for almost three years into a new government to make your claims?

Why did your secretly return to the country to be reinstated to work as a director without being scared that this so called powerful men would kill you or silence you as you alleged?

Why are your stories and those of the presidency not corelate?

Why have you gon back in hiding when issues of corruptions against you rears its head, but would have conveniently be working with a promotion if issues about you did not hit the limelight?

You are a thief who's trying to buy sympathy from gullible Nigerians.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by shue: 8:53am On Oct 26, 2017
Many Sins Of Prof. B. L. Adeleke (08055401457) HOD Of Statistics Dept, Unilorin
https://www.nairaland.com/4134799/many-sins-prof-b-l
Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by Moving4: 8:53am On Oct 26, 2017
Na wah
Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by maxiuc(m): 8:54am On Oct 26, 2017
cheesy

That experience growing up with your senior bros in the same house

One day you mistakenly caught him stealing meat from the pot of soup

That day the threat you will receive Eeeeeh can make you dumb for One week

So maina who are those threatening you

1 Like

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by Moving4: 8:54am On Oct 26, 2017
Oops
Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by Onbelivable(m): 8:54am On Oct 26, 2017
Ok
Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:54am On Oct 26, 2017
Dear Maina, May thunder fire you, FG, EFCC, DSS, those that reinstated you and those who would have helped you rigged the election if your cover was not blown!

You will not know peace cause the blood of the pensioners you cheated will not stop echoing in your ears and as they cry out to the Almighty so your troubles will continue to multiply

Except you make amends and pay them their entitlement!

2 Likes

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by Mcdondayan: 8:56am On Oct 26, 2017
If this story is anything to go by, why did he not expose the pension thieves from his hiding place let them be prosecuted a day he be cleared of all the allegations before been promoted.
It's simple. Since sai baba is an anti corruption warlords interested in the services of Maina, the real pension thieves(according to Maina) should have been prosecuted and the government gives him the credit, provide security for him, and promote him.

Please these stories do not add up. Maina provide tools for sai baba to prosecute the thieves from your new place of hiding..
OH I forgot sai baba is not interested in thieves. He is only interested in fighting his enemies and political opponents

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Nullifies Movement Restriction During Lagos Monthly Sanitation / EFCC: N676m Immigration Jobs Cash Blown On Houses / Nigeria To Launch 2 New Satellites With China Loan - Shittu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.