Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud (19866 Views)

Ibrahim Magu Names Pension Thieves / Fayose, EFCC Quarrel Over Pension Thieves’ Mansion Allegedly Sold To Falana / Assets Recovered From Pension Thieves Has Been Shared - Senate Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by massinola(m): 8:56am On Oct 26, 2017
Hahaha please remind us when you noticed they were after your life. And after your reinstatement, why didn't you spill the beans? APC you don fail this one oh. Find another excuse. Besides does he need protection to do that when he's been protected by dss already? Bunch of clones

1 Like

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by ivolt: 8:57am On Oct 26, 2017
RoyalUc:
This is one reason I don't rush into making comments on sensitive matters I don't have facts/details about.

Bfitconsults:
This info sort of make sense.

You guys have been sold!

Maina is pretty dumb for thinking everybody will sympathize with him.

If a car thief helped rescue a stolen goat does that stops him from being a car thief?

Maina has corruption cases on his neck, it doesn't matter if he allegedly carried out "reforms"
when he was in office.

One good deed does not invalidate a bad one.

2 Likes

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by princeade86(m): 8:59am On Oct 26, 2017
pls come out, we citizen wil protect u.
Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 9:00am On Oct 26, 2017
Okay, just come and tell us where you got the money to finance you extravagant but useless lifestyle. Small small, Buhari don dey arrange how this man go come out. I won't be surprised if this freed of all charges and have his properties returned and reinstated again. It is all possible with saint Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by hakimi1974(m): 9:02am On Oct 26, 2017
NigerDeltan:

Who is defending Maina now, is it you or Garba Shehu?

Because the spokesman said Jonathan's men planted him to embarrass the govt, that Maina is the mess the govt is cleaning since 2015

Here according to you Maina is not corrupt
bros i hail ooo. i know maina personally and i can confidently tell you that he is not corrupt. this maina issue, wether you like it or not, has been heavilly politicised. as it stands now in the court of public opinion maina is the devil. the government is just trying to protect it's interest 2019 dey for corner. and do you know it was the 2.2 billion naira scam at the police pension which this same maina revealed that got yusuf convicted? only for a "learned" judge to sentence yusuf to 2 years with an option of fine of #250,000. yusuf just go him car open the booth count #250,000 and pay, nah so case close. yusuf is now flexing with his family from one choice location to another. may God help us in this country.

1 Like

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by AntiWailer: 9:04am On Oct 26, 2017
U better spill bean online.
Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by jamace(m): 9:06am On Oct 26, 2017
I know that Maina is not an angel. However, the devils are always very smart. They will shout loudest and paint Maina darkest in order to keep the authorities eyes on Maina only.

Buhari should be smart, and give Maina a chance to defend himself.

1 Like

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by nnamdismart25(m): 9:06am On Oct 26, 2017
am just waiting for the next episode

1 Like

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by AntiWailer: 9:07am On Oct 26, 2017
unohbethel:
But i heard that jonathan was very corrupt..so how come it was during jonathans era that THEY instituted the pension reform to the point of saving many trillions of naira from the pension scam. ayam not understanding o

??
Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by DWJOBScom(m): 9:08am On Oct 26, 2017
unohbethel:
But i heard that jonathan was very corrupt..so how come it was during jonathans era that THEY instituted the pension reform to the point of saving many trillions of naira from the pension scam. ayam not understanding o

nna men the thing surprise me o
na small small we go dey know the truth

These people are wicked

1 Like

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by lonelydora: 9:09am On Oct 26, 2017
stevnwigw:
The youths are suffering in this enclave we need to burn down the Senate chambers

I say it everything, That Red chamber is a house of corruption. They shield Ministers, DGs, GMDs,etc as long as they are ready to settle. Why do they fight to be made committee chairman in juicy parastatals and ministries?
Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by NigerDeltan(m): 9:11am On Oct 26, 2017
hakimi1974:
bros i hail ooo. i know maina personally and i can confidently tell you that he is not corrupt. this maina issue, wether you like it or not, has been heavilly politicised. as it stands now in the court of public opinion maina is the devil. the government is just trying to protect it's interest 2019 dey for corner. and do you know it was the 2.2 billion naira scam at the police pension which this same maina revealed that got yusuf convicted? only for a "learned" judge to sentence yusuf to 2 years with an option of fine of #250,000. yusuf just go him car open the booth count #250,000 and pay, nah so case close. yusuf is now flexing with his family from one choice location to another. may God help us in this country.

Are you even aware that the bankers that helped him launder the said money has been jailed?

1 Like

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by RegalD(m): 9:11am On Oct 26, 2017
hakimi1974:
plead guilty? it was not maina. it was yusuf that was covicted for 2.2 billion naira fraud, and the "learned" judge sentenced him to 2 years or an option of fine of 250,000 naira, which he brought out of the booth of his car and paid. we are in a quagmire in this country. and it was this same maina that revealed the scam, that got yusuf convicted. the problem is that our journalists are just lazy, they don't research and investigate.
someone stole 2.2bn naira and he is fined 250k...Chai i don't know what to say anymore, i'm tired of 9ja.
Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 26, 2017
hakimi1974:
plead guilty? it was not maina. it was yusuf that was covicted for 2.2 billion naira fraud, and the "learned" judge sentenced him to 2 years or an option of fine of 250,000 naira, which he brought out of the booth of his car and paid. we are in a quagmire in this country. and it was this same maina that revealed the scam, that got yusuf convicted. the problem is that our journalists are just lazy, they don't research and investigate.
Lazy..or love brown envelopes?
Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by hakimi1974(m): 9:18am On Oct 26, 2017
kattytamer:
Lazy..or love brown envelopes?
lol, both.
Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by Ever4Christ(m): 9:19am On Oct 26, 2017
Let the FG do the needful by providing adequate security for this Mainama and give him a fare hearing. Justice must be done.

1 Like

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by hakimi1974(m): 9:20am On Oct 26, 2017
NigerDeltan:

Are you even aware that the bankers that helped him launder the said money has been jailed?
serious? this country just tire me.
Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by NigerDeltan(m): 9:22am On Oct 26, 2017
hakimi1974:
serious? this country just tire me.

Lol

1 Like

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by davades(m): 9:23am On Oct 26, 2017
When trouble sleep...
Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by talk2percy(m): 9:23am On Oct 26, 2017
Please who understood what this man said or trying to say, cuz I am at lost...Nigeria nah pure cinema house oh

1 Like

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by sepalapen(m): 9:26am On Oct 26, 2017
lexio:

Then why did he plead guilty in court?
and running from court as well if he is truthful

1 Like

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:28am On Oct 26, 2017
Anybody that believed this trash must be a fool. This government is only trying to redeem itself by telling maina what to say. Shame on APC Nd their agents. Shame on us Nigerian youths for bn so gullible Nd easily deceived. Shame on the president for not bn honest. Shame on Tinubu,father Mbaka,Bakare Nd all those people that brought this evil on us.

1 Like

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by eaglez(m): 9:32am On Oct 26, 2017
Governance in Nigeria is like a Ponzi scheme,you only see what they want you to see but what goes on on the other side only them (the Ponzi admins) know.

1 Like

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by RoyalUc(m): 9:32am On Oct 26, 2017
ivolt:

You guys have been sold!

Maina is pretty dumb for thinking everybody will sympathize with him.

If a car thief helped rescue a stolen goat does that stops him from being a car thief?

Maina has corruption cases on his neck, it doesn't matter if he allegedly carried out "reforms"
when he was in office.

One good deed does not invalidate a bad one.

Nobody has been sold and nobody is saying One good deed invalidate a bad one.

I only talked about his own revelations. Could it be true? If it is true, will it be right to kill him while those other guys go free?

My problem with Maina's reinstatement is not about the alleged corruption case against him but in violating the rule of the civil service by absconding and resurfacing without due process and transperency. He has not been found guity by any court in Nigeria.

There are many political office holders even in the Senate with corruption charges against them and they are still holding on to their offices (even Magu himself, whom I defend).

If the EFCC has a case against him, charge him to court and get the court to compel him to appear before it.

For me, the govt should be more diligent and transparent in handling matters like this.
Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by ritux: 9:33am On Oct 26, 2017
FarahAideed:
Is this interview new or old ?

hakimi1974:
very recent sir.

This interview was done in 2015 at Unity Fountain in Abuja. Get your facts right.

2 Likes

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by Reference(m): 9:33am On Oct 26, 2017
That is why I have told Nigerians that corruption is not the biggest problem in Nigeria but structure because even a slightly better structure than the one presently operating in the APC power interplay will have made a huge difference in this case. You can imagine that if the APC had a structure in place whereby the cabinet and top operators of the government operated on a balanced keel, with nominees coming from various power centres such as APC - ACN, APC - PDP, APC - APGA, etc in a perfect power balance or equilibrium then it will be much more difficult to have the kind of 'power overload ' we have in Aso Rock behind a lot of the impunity we see today simply because it will be more difficult for corruptive consesuses to be reach as easily as it is now.

Just a little tweek in the structure and corruption is made more difficult. As a matter of fact if not for the Saraki 'coup', the National Assembly will hsve been in Buhari's pocket and impunity will have been worse, made perfectly legal and REPRESENTING OF THE WISHES AND ASPIRATIONS OF ALL NIGERIANS (as the N/A is supposed to be). So Nigerians can see why absolute power is so dangerous. I am sure right now the APC will be regretting why they did not put more rigorous mechanisms in place, better structures to contain the excesses of power at the very top. And they will be seriously adviced to do at the polls ahead of 2019 so that when Mr. President returns for nomination they would have a leash and a very tough collar ready. Failure to be able to contain power will risk more than elected office but the long term viability of the entire party as well.

Structure is all. Corruption CANNOT BE TOUCHED THOUGHTLESS OF FOUGHT WITH OUT THE RIGHT STRUCTURES IN PLACE.
Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by dajebeedrys(m): 9:37am On Oct 26, 2017
There's something I've come to noticed about we Nigerians. Most of us tend to believe the first person or the first statement been made about a particular issue esp corruption cases which sometimes might not be entirely true.

I think there is an iota of truth from what this man has said. At least there are people from the past administration that he mentioned their names and are still alive up to this moment.
Only a liar would say his/her witness is dead.

#Myopinion.
Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by Caseless: 9:37am On Oct 26, 2017
Paperwhite:
cry cry Buhari government is just an absolute disgrace.Nigeria never deserves it.Keep spinning the scandal Maina zombies are listening.
you forgot that everything Maina is accused of happened under your clueless paymaster?
Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by ritux: 9:39am On Oct 26, 2017
Ore000:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/10/25/maina-pension-thieves-are-after-my-life-for-exposing-fraud/

This interview is stale. It was done in 2015 when Maina first went into hiding.

Watch the below video from 4:20 to 21:22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvf7GYuSyYg

1 Like

Re: Maina: Pension Thieves Are After My Life For Exposing Fraud by sepalapen(m): 9:39am On Oct 26, 2017
Meen corruption is no longer fighting back but back is now fighting corruption only in nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Sets Agenda For Acting Inspector General Of Police, Adamu Mohammed / FG Paid Pagefield Global N8.5m Monthly For PR — TheCable / Dagogo: Hold Wike Responsible If Anything Happens To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.