Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,905 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Do These Two Bible Passages Contradict One Another? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do These Two Bible Passages Contradict One Another? (1317 Views)

Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another / List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another / Are Christians in Conflict or Does the Bible Contradict Itself? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do These Two Bible Passages Contradict One Another? by woye77: 9:04pm On Mar 15, 2010
"I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose" Romans 8:28

what's your view on this?
Re: Do These Two Bible Passages Contradict One Another? by mamagee3(f): 9:08pm On Mar 15, 2010
I don't see anything contradicting, they're saying two different things.
Re: Do These Two Bible Passages Contradict One Another? by woye77: 9:11pm On Mar 15, 2010
@mama gee - kindly explain what both passages are saying
Re: Do These Two Bible Passages Contradict One Another? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 15, 2010
They are saying diff things.Solomon was basic on life being vanity,from chapter1-3.Therefore he was talking in chapter9 that all things still remains vanity,so that pple wouldnt go struggling in order to get wealth.Whereas favour is only giving by God&not as a result of mans know how
Re: Do These Two Bible Passages Contradict One Another? by Dolemite(f): 9:39pm On Mar 15, 2010
The bible is crap, man wrote the god damned bible so naturally there are millions of contradictions in there, heres another one.

MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.
Re: Do These Two Bible Passages Contradict One Another? by woye77: 9:56pm On Mar 15, 2010
Dolemite:

The bible is crap, man wrote the god damned bible so naturally there are millions of contradictions in there, heres another one.

@dolemite - i am not here to condemn the bible but to gett clarification on what i don't understand - the bible is a book written by men who were inspired by God and it contains God words - there is nothing contradictory in the passages you quoted
Re: Do These Two Bible Passages Contradict One Another? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 15, 2010
Dolemite:

I eagerly anticipated an ignorant response to d op's queries,thk God it came from an atheist.
Firstly woye asked a ques dat needs clarification to him.Instead of u to help out,rather u 'ignorantly exhibited ur ignorance' by derailing d thread.Wait a moment from d directly deductions from woyes post,is there anything contradictory therein?
Re: Do These Two Bible Passages Contradict One Another? by noetic16(m): 10:17pm On Mar 15, 2010
Dolemite:

is this dude educated at all? . . .how EXACTLY are those 2 verses contradictory?. . . . .
Re: Do These Two Bible Passages Contradict One Another? by e36991: 11:28pm On Mar 15, 2010
Dolemite:

The bible is crap, man wrote the God *%&!" bible so naturally there are millions of contradictions in there, here's another one.

MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

@Dolemite

What a rookie conclusion you've arrived at with novice written all over it
Re: Do These Two Bible Passages Contradict One Another? by Dolemite(f): 12:14am On Mar 16, 2010
e36991:

@Dolemite

What a rookie conclusion you've arrived at with novice written all over it

toba:

I eagerly anticipated an ignorant response to d op's queries,thk God it came from an atheist.
Firstly woye asked a ques dat needs clarification to him.Instead of u to help out,rather u 'ignorantly exhibited your ignorance' by derailing d thread.Wait a moment from d directly deductions from woyes post,is there anything contradictory therein?

Explain dammit. . .

noetic16:

is this dude educated at all? . . .how EXACTLY are those 2 verses contradictory?. . . . .
You must be insecure about your education or something, all you say is education this and that. . . well im an autodiadact - go look in the dictionary and add that to your vocabulary mr education.
Re: Do These Two Bible Passages Contradict One Another? by woye77: 12:29am On Mar 16, 2010
@dolemite - pls i'm begging you, don't derail this thread - i seriously need an answer to this question which i asked
Re: Do These Two Bible Passages Contradict One Another? by e36991: 12:30am On Mar 16, 2010
Dolemite:

Explain *$(%# . . .

@Dolemite

My dear friend, your exuberance is almost infectiously catching

Tell you what, by the time you read up on the "Levirate Law" the penny should drop with an ah-ha exclamation
Re: Do These Two Bible Passages Contradict One Another? by noetic16(m): 1:32am On Mar 16, 2010
Dolemite:

Explain dammit. . .
You must be insecure about your education or something, all you say is education this and that. . . well im an autodiadact - go look in the dictionary and add that to your vocabulary mr education.

you are so right. . . . . I barely finished primary school, .how about u answer my question. . . . or is too hard?
Re: Do These Two Bible Passages Contradict One Another? by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 16, 2010
toba:

Firstly woye asked a ques dat needs clarification to him.Instead of u to help out,rather u 'ignorantly exhibited your ignorance' by derailing d thread.Wait a moment from d directly deductions from woyes post,is there anything contradictory therein?

Dolemite:

Explain dammit. . .

Tell me what is contradictory in the two verses posted by woye by explaining what u can deduce from his post
Re: Do These Two Bible Passages Contradict One Another? by nuclearboy(m): 5:04pm On Mar 16, 2010
^^^

Don't ask for an explanation, Bro. Surely you know its a popular gambit - the use of innuendo and baseless allegations to give credence to a fallacy. Next thing, he plays the victim - attacked and persecuted by Christians for being "scientific" i.e. lying through his teeth in this case.
Re: Do These Two Bible Passages Contradict One Another? by chakula: 5:18pm On Mar 16, 2010
@All,

keep investigating millions of contradiction and error are there.
Re: Do These Two Bible Passages Contradict One Another? by Joagbaje(m): 11:08am On Mar 17, 2010
Eccles. 9:11
    I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

This statement is not based on truth totally . Of course God in his sovereignty distibute abilities to us, but the second part that time and chances happen to all is totally true.because  life is not a game of chance. The just shall live by faith.

Hebrews 11:6
    But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

But the second scripture is quite different. It talks about a man that loves God, God will cause all things to work for him. That means ,he will be independent of circumstance
Romans 8:28
    And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Re: Do These Two Bible Passages Contradict One Another? by range123: 11:41am On Mar 17, 2010
poster there is no contradiction in the scriptures you have quoted. Mathew is concerned with the fact that Joseph who was the husband of Mary the mother of Jesus was a descendant of the patriach Jacob. Whereas, Luke is only concerned with the immediate forebears of Joseph of whom Heli was one of them. it is simple writing technique, or style
Re: Do These Two Bible Passages Contradict One Another? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 17, 2010
range123:

poster there is no contradiction in the scriptures you have quoted. Mathew is concerned with the fact that Joseph who was the husband of Mary the mother of Jesus was a descendant of the patriach Jacob. Whereas, Luke is only concerned with the immediate forebears of Joseph of whom Heli was one of them. it is simple writing technique, or style
Dolemite this for ur consumption.Try harder next time
Re: Do These Two Bible Passages Contradict One Another? by bizgirl(f): 4:15pm On Mar 17, 2010
woye77:

"I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose" Romans 8:28

what's your view on this?

@poster, solomon was very right in his conclusion. just take for example many of us who were at the one time or the other being a student with equal chances with our mates in term of attending same lectures under the same lectureres, the same exam papers with our colleagues, we may even read together (TIME AND CHANCES),but at the end of the day surprises came up at the end of the day when results come out. if the race are to the swift then many are better than our so called super eagles but they are not privileged to be in the club.

many of us are better in may ways that most politicians of nowadays but our brilliancy has never fetched us the least of the post in the parliament.

2. things will work together for those who love God. yes. since HE owns all things. that is why when ppl talk evil by faith we reverse it and it will be reversed.
Re: Do These Two Bible Passages Contradict One Another? by excovi: 4:22pm On Mar 17, 2010
hw dare u say that? the bible is complete & every word therein is without any contracdiction or mistaken.
pls kindly meet atheologian to give detail explanation on the subject. it's God's Holy WORD,
Re: Do These Two Bible Passages Contradict One Another? by Scholar8200(m): 5:11pm On Jul 12, 2015
@ op, it simply means Providence -time and chance- is made to work for the good of those that love God and are called according to His purpose.
Re: Do These Two Bible Passages Contradict One Another? by Scholar8200(m): 5:17pm On Jul 12, 2015
Dolemite:

The matthew genealogy traces from Abraham to Joseph while Luke traces it from Adam to Heli-Mary's father and Joseph's father-in-law. Women hardly feature as descendants in genealogy hence their husband's name is used. This becomes clearer since joseph was from Solomon (matt 1:7) while Mary was from Nathan (Luke 3:31) Solomon and Nathan were David's sons

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Quotes And Lifestyle Of A Nigerian Pastor And That Of Mother Teresa / Paid By Pastors To Blaspheme Prophet T.b. Joshua! / The Deepsight Tribunal.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.