Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:49 PM

M.O.T.I.V.E. By Owajioniro Benson - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / M.O.T.I.V.E. By Owajioniro Benson (913 Views)

Spiritual Orientation And Tips (spiritual O.T) / How My H.o.d Infected Me With H.I.V {chronicle of a female student} / How My Lecturer Infected Me With H.i.v (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

M.O.T.I.V.E. By Owajioniro Benson by Gmekx(m): 5:03pm On Oct 25, 2017
I do not own this work. I have been given permission by the author to post it on this site. Your constructive criticisms are always welcome. The author will take note of your criticisms.

All right reserved, no part of this story may be copied in any way without the written permission of the author. All characters are the imaginary creation of the author.

Stories are purely fictional and inspired by concepts of Law.

Please invite your friends
Re: M.O.T.I.V.E. By Owajioniro Benson by Gmekx(m): 5:26pm On Oct 25, 2017
EPISODE 1 - PRO BONO

A black taxi drives into an over lightened parking lot and speed wears off into a quick halt. One door opens and a tall black man comes down and makes his way to open the other door. A woman gets down, he holds her by the hand , shuts the door with the other and they begin to walk so closely together, that her hair now rests on his shoulder effortlessly.

(Taxi drives off and chuckles increase, with occasional coughs).

They are both standing at the front door of his apartment.

Woman: I hate to say this, but I had a great time.

(stares at man admiringly , brushing the finish of his jacket)

Man: (Giggles mildly and pulls the woman closer) Such lovely hate words, my pleasure!!!

BOTH KISS, WHILE THE MAN STRUGGLES TO OPEN THE DOOR BEHIND, HE OPENS THE DOOR, STILL KISSING.

Man: Look Penny! I care about you a truckload but sometimes that truck breaks down but that does not mean I stopped caring. I... (PHONE RINGS) you see! I can't stand you dating anyone else... (PENNY INTERRUPTS, RETRIEVING HERSELF FROM HIS EMBRACE)

Penny: So why are you not serious with me? I will forever be the girl you call up for a good time yeah? (ACCENT BEGINS TO THICKEN)

Penny: (POINTS TOWARDS HERSELF) I am the silly one here!!! You get me whenever yeah? Innit? Femi what do you want?

Femi: (GENTLY RUBS FINGERS OVER HIS EYES AND THEN WIDENS IT TO FORMS A CLASP IN FRONT OF HIS LIPS)

Femi: I am fresh in practice and I am yet to find my footing yet anddddd... ( PHONE RINGS, THIS TIME CONTINUOUSLY)

Femi: (looks at Penny for approval)

Penny: You should pick up

Femi: (PICKS UP, WAITS TILL THE CALLER'S VOICE COMES THROUGH)

Femi: Hello! Femi Denton

Caller: This is Ben Marc. We did our pupillage together at Browns.

Femi: (SOUNDING MORE RELAXED) Oh! Hey Ben! How are you doing mate?

Ben Marc: I'm alright.

Femi: Got a place?

Ben Marc: Yeah! Rickards Law, but I do my own thing on the side, You?

Femi: Not yet man! We still looking around London.

Ben Marc: I have something,my side stuff

Femi: You know I wasn't the best of students right?

Ben Marc: You know the Law mate! Better than I do.

Ben Marc: Still live at Broadway High Street?

Femi: Yeah man I do

Ben Marc : Can you meet me in front of Happy Hour, in say... ermmm 30?

Femi: No worries Man!

CALL ENDS

Femi: Sorry Pen, this guy from Browns wants me to handle a case.

Penny: Hey newbie! you just got your first case.

Femi: (Hugs her tightly and sniffs her neck slowly)

CALM MUSIC PLAYING

HAPPY HOUR PUB

10 P.M.

FEMI'S PHONE RINGS

Ben Marc: Hey man! you there yet?

Femi: Yeah! Seated at the bar.

(Waves hands slightly above his head to indicate his presence)

Ben Marc : I see you!

(Call ends and wave drops)

LOUD MUSIC PLAYING

Ben Marc: Hello Femi (stretches out hand for handshake)

Femi: (takes gloves off)

BOTH SHAKE HANDS

Ben Marc: What are you drinking?

(looks at Femi's glass, so far drunken that the ice no longer floats)

Femi : Gin and Tonic

Ben Marc to Bar Man: Can I have same thing please? (pointing to Femi's glass)

Femi: (Sips from glass and begins to speak) So what is the case?

Ben Marc : (takes deep breath and begins to talk) (Pulls out a file from his brief case)

Ben Marc: I think we should go somewhere more quiet.

Femi: Sure!

BOTH WALK A FEW STEPS AND SIT AT A TABLE TOWARDS THE REAR OF THE PUB

Femi: Brief?

Ben Marc : (slides file containing pictures to Femi)

Femi: (Flips through pages and pauses abruptly)

Ben Marc: (Raises scanty eyebrow up to question a need for assistance)

Femi: He is black! Is that why you contacted me?

Ben Marc: Yes and No

Ben Marc: Yes because the N.G.O. I do this Pro Bono cases for are advocates of racial equality in justice.

Ben Marc: Yes because a Black Man will look good on the defense team

Ben Marc: No! You are a great lawyer

Femi: (looks at Ben Marc with disapproval) Hmm!!! I see (Raises shoulders up and down slightly)

Femi: Why the hell would you bring a pro bono case to me Ben?

Ben Marc: Mate you should calm down! every new bee starts off their career with pro bono

Femi: Pro Bono don't pay bills

BEN MARC INTERRUPTS

Ben Marc: I will pay you, but below the regular price

Femi: That's crap yeah!!

Ben Marc! : If you win this, I will talk to the partners at my firm when there is an opening.

Femi: You mean in bloody 2000 and forever

Ben Marc: You know you owe me one?

Ben Marc: I still got proof you know?

Femi: (Shrugs)Fine! I'm in!

Ben Marc: That's the spirit bruv

Femi: Quit the ego massage, I'm not your bruv!

Ben Marc: (takes out a photo from the file )

Ben Marc: Our client (pointing at the photo of a black teenager )

Ben Marc: Part of a school gang called the Movers, had a confrontation with a member of another rival group

Ben Marc : The guy called his mother a black drugged up LovePeddler

Ben Marc: (pulls out another picture of a white teenager) The victim, Rupper

Ben Marc: (still pointing to the second photo) Had also confronted three other members of the Movers gang

Ben Marc: Tommy, Nick, Aman

Femi: And what did he say to the rest?

Ben Marc: Punk, Jerk, the regular curse words you know

Ben Marc : Some days before the incident ,he confronted our client, saying he was gonna "slit his black throat open" and that of other members of his gang

Ben Marc: They confronted Rupper two nights ago and the plan was to injure him slightly, but things got out of hand

Ben Marc: Left him in a bad state, the police found him dead the next morning with stab wounds

Ben and Femi: Someone must have come back to finish the job. (THEY BOTH SPEAK AT THE SAME TIME)

Ben and Femi: So they think our client did it!

BOTH NOD

*Background music swells*

1 Like

Re: M.O.T.I.V.E. By Owajioniro Benson by Gmekx(m): 7:43pm On Oct 25, 2017
Re: M.O.T.I.V.E. By Owajioniro Benson by Gmekx(m): 11:13pm On Oct 25, 2017
TiffanyJ Kimkardashain bibijay123 Chumzypinky petermuller Chipappii stephenGee12 EvaJael ghostwritter marianneada SheWrites Lleigh Clemzy16 Jagugu88li, ladysuperb, queenitee, Lleigh, hadampson, haramedee99, girlhaley, creeza, ikombe, biafrabushboy, TheBlessedMAN
Lilyjoe567,Chumzypinky,Angelsss,Divepen1,Mznaett, Angelinastto,Nnenna,marianneada,kayo80,wiszolzy, hadampson,TMDavidWest bibijay123 SPDAZZY crislyn Ifecoded queenitee Adesina12, Aitee1, soleski01, Creeza, Lawlahdey, sexybbstar, jagugu88li, ADECULATE, Amenaghwon, okorro1, Simplebea, Nmaglit,, osleek, xamster, sirOrubebe, Bobbybube, julietogbo, Osman1966, chii8, tonye72, Winters22, omamush, Twinkle004, debra101, samyfreshsmooth, mozb, prinxxdave, cutietee, kinah, IamLukas, harameede99, ladySuperb, dominicnuel, sod09, chara019, teel123, Pureheart91, Mobecs, latbas, Babsopey, opal4real, Mobecs, latbas, AndyAustin, kingsmith4, ladyverere, KunkeAkinola, mrsuccessful, JMK9600, Michelle55, Audrinakane, Smooth278, Ashley87, Sonamjs, orluuchi, brighttech95, DavidPaul, Kaycee625, Perfectionist11, skillz121, samwise180, Lastking147, suffy834, Prinxxdave, emmynku, aryan28, bossy512, nikz, BlissfulJef, Michelle55, sunshine46, IemFava, segunjowo, harrygold, estie92, clitx, tusinsola, yusufibrahim, Oyindawealth, harunablezin, EpBerezi, chade, bentube, JeffreyJamez, boffinjay, chukslawrence, Akposb, yewande1234, Ikdbabie, dimeji877, bossy512, yinkaellamz, tonye72, domido, mendel04, remiseyi, pricelesslove, Profmaojo, Sparkles003, tyreal, Emmayur, ToluLolu0122, Daniyomex, anasbeaut, saraphina, Ansasan, CherylM, miriam1868, Fadamb, Niwdog, JohnGainsville, pweetyz, Jsaviour, abefe99, 1marking, Ayoomolabake, Ayamconfidence, Hadampson, rachealfst, Stephengee12, jane1234f, mhizgap, naetocm, lord3plex, Slimbae, SammieLowkey, Tinaflux, darkid1, domido, hyuga, Olusojisorunmu, Supizino, princ007, Topscoque, olaoreofe, stez, maran1983, smokeydrinky, greatface, mhizv, omoere, Owulufelix147, Afz9095, Domance, greeeneyes, nimat158, boldnbeautiful, heema, stez, cooleo, bummybummy, greatkeno, missyadorable, Vikthor, Kamelot77, RoyaleR, Hman92, 1marking, johnkennedy18, Zackari, iamadonis2, yettielicious, Teespice, prisiliveth, preciousuweh, Igweminho, janetade, imranMotunrayo, priestchurch, surddick, mutuality, tiffanyfan, marvwhite, Tinu02, Epberezi, Matrix001, Nathblessing, MrShine, , heatflux, uniknet, donobecs, tijehi, queenitee,
eneski, missmossy, Ofez, greatkeno, Queensiju, dominique, donteanz, iamharkinwaley, Ayoshewa12, maran1983, Olusojisorunmu, Olubee22, Lexxyla, stephmiracle, heemah, ftosino opal4real meneski ashatoda jagugu88li lawlahdey allylic nmaglit hadampson, divepen1 deji124 ayambae nikz abeffe99 bimberry1307 olubee22 Lawlahdey

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: M.O.T.I.V.E. By Owajioniro Benson by Ikdbabie(f): 6:32am On Oct 26, 2017
I heard my name & i am here. Let the story continues.
Re: M.O.T.I.V.E. By Owajioniro Benson by donobecs(m): 6:51am On Oct 26, 2017
everly present....Thanks for the mention
Re: M.O.T.I.V.E. By Owajioniro Benson by queenitee(f): 7:50am On Oct 26, 2017
Here already, thanks
Re: M.O.T.I.V.E. By Owajioniro Benson by Gmekx(m): 8:15am On Oct 26, 2017
queenitee:
Here already, thanks
donobecs:
everly present....Thanks for the mention
Ikdbabie:
I heard my name & i am here. Let the story continues.

Please you guys should help me call your people. Thanks
Re: M.O.T.I.V.E. By Owajioniro Benson by donteanz(m): 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2017
Gmekx:
TiffanyJ Kimkardashain bibijay123 Chumzypinky petermuller Chipappii stephenGee12 EvaJael ghostwritter marianneada SheWrites Lleigh Clemzy16 Jagugu88li, ladysuperb, queenitee, Lleigh, hadampson, haramedee99, girlhaley, creeza, ikombe, biafrabushboy, TheBlessedMAN
Lilyjoe567,Chumzypinky,Angelsss,Divepen1,Mznaett, Angelinastto,Nnenna,marianneada,kayo80,wiszolzy, hadampson,TMDavidWest bibijay123 SPDAZZY crislyn Ifecoded queenitee Adesina12, Aitee1, soleski01, Creeza, Lawlahdey, sexybbstar, jagugu88li, ADECULATE, Amenaghwon, okorro1, Simplebea, Nmaglit,, osleek, xamster, sirOrubebe, Bobbybube, julietogbo, Osman1966, chii8, tonye72, Winters22, omamush, Twinkle004, debra101, samyfreshsmooth, mozb, prinxxdave, cutietee, kinah, IamLukas, harameede99, ladySuperb, dominicnuel, sod09, chara019, teel123, Pureheart91, Mobecs, latbas, Babsopey, opal4real, Mobecs, latbas, AndyAustin, kingsmith4, ladyverere, KunkeAkinola, mrsuccessful, JMK9600, Michelle55, Audrinakane, Smooth278, Ashley87, Sonamjs, orluuchi, brighttech95, DavidPaul, Kaycee625, Perfectionist11, skillz121, samwise180, Lastking147, suffy834, Prinxxdave, emmynku, aryan28, bossy512, nikz, BlissfulJef, Michelle55, sunshine46, IemFava, segunjowo, harrygold, estie92, clitx, tusinsola, yusufibrahim, Oyindawealth, harunablezin, EpBerezi, chade, bentube, JeffreyJamez, boffinjay, chukslawrence, Akposb, yewande1234, Ikdbabie, dimeji877, bossy512, yinkaellamz, tonye72, domido, mendel04, remiseyi, pricelesslove, Profmaojo, Sparkles003, tyreal, Emmayur, ToluLolu0122, Daniyomex, anasbeaut, saraphina, Ansasan, CherylM, miriam1868, Fadamb, Niwdog, JohnGainsville, pweetyz, Jsaviour, abefe99, 1marking, Ayoomolabake, Ayamconfidence, Hadampson, rachealfst, Stephengee12, jane1234f, mhizgap, naetocm, lord3plex, Slimbae, SammieLowkey, Tinaflux, darkid1, domido, hyuga, Olusojisorunmu, Supizino, princ007, Topscoque, olaoreofe, stez, maran1983, smokeydrinky, greatface, mhizv, omoere, Owulufelix147, Afz9095, Domance, greeeneyes, nimat158, boldnbeautiful, heema, stez, cooleo, bummybummy, greatkeno, missyadorable, Vikthor, Kamelot77, RoyaleR, Hman92, 1marking, johnkennedy18, Zackari, iamadonis2, yettielicious, Teespice, prisiliveth, preciousuweh, Igweminho, janetade, imranMotunrayo, priestchurch, surddick, mutuality, tiffanyfan, marvwhite, Tinu02, Epberezi, Matrix001, Nathblessing, MrShine, , heatflux, uniknet, donobecs, tijehi, queenitee,
eneski, missmossy, Ofez, greatkeno, Queensiju, dominique, donteanz, iamharkinwaley, Ayoshewa12, maran1983, Olusojisorunmu, Olubee22, Lexxyla, stephmiracle, heemah, ftosino opal4real meneski ashatoda jagugu88li lawlahdey allylic nmaglit hadampson, divepen1 deji124 ayambae nikz abeffe99 bimberry1307 olubee22 Lawlahdey
present

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Download Hillsong MP3 / 'the Wind Of Fate'...life Of A Nigerian Youth / IN LOVE WITH A MAFIA ❧❧❧

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.