Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (346212 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / B1/B2 Change Of Status To F1 / B1/B2 Change Of Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Bede2u(m): 11:44am On Nov 28, 2017
Dremca:
@Bede2u, you can check out New York University in Abu Dhabi
ok. U know about cost?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 11:44am On Nov 28, 2017
I have said it before on this thread, I won't openly support Immigration fraud INTENT on this forum.

I created this thread to document my journey to becoming a Permanent residence and the hurdles on the way. Is it easy? NO.

Because i am on a Visa (which comes with authorization to work), i have gotten "shits" thrown at me, given the worst tasks that anyone else won't do here (like cleaning other people's mess they made in the kitchen WTF!!!). Don't get me wrong, I have done worst in Nigeria and i have witnessed so much "bull.sh.it" in Nigeria in the entire time that i live there than what i will probably witness here throughout my lifetime BUT it doesn't excuse the injustice so i won't make excuse for the "bias" i witness here just because there is worse in Nigeria. My oga knows i can't quit my job, might make my Visa a lil bit complicated

My targeted audience is Nigerian Undergrad students, Pre-NYSC and Post-NYSC people. For a lot of us, there is nothing special waiting for us after service. This thread is the "don't dull yourself" thread. Don't let the frustration of you having to wait 2 years to secure a 35000Naira job gets to you. It can depress you, can make you start thinking about yourself as a failure (it almost happened to me so i can totally relate)

Like i have said on this particular thread several times, I DO NOT have a problem with anyone trying to better their lives that is why i keep saying it really doesn't matter at the end the class of Visa you came to yankee with (B1/B2,J1,F1,H1B,H2B,O,K1...). What matters most is you being diligent, smart, skilled, hard-working and seeking information.

BUT I will not openly on this thread, encourage you with immigration fraud intent. I will however advise you to visit the US. it is amazing here (especially for first time travelers)

Coming to the US on a B1/B2 visa and planning to stay behind is hard. (how hard that is depends, so it can be relative). I do however maintain that regardless of how hard it is, it really cannot be compared to how hard Nigeria is for my targeted audience.

Your best course of action after a B1/B2 is issued is to visit for the purpose you got your visa and then apply for an F1. I strongly maintain that B1/B2 makes your F1 application a lot easier. F1 comes with lots of advantage you will miss out of living here on a B1/B2

For the married/Family people that wrote to me and it seems i didn't respond. I really do not have an advise for you. I do not want to be seen giving advise that ends up breaking your family apart. I am not into putting asunder what GOD has joined together. So while i encourage young, single, dedicated Nigerian to maybe start planning for the future. Do you wanna live a future full of visa applications and dwindle job opportunities or do you want that to be the least of your worries?

In conclusion, I encourage everyone to at least visit America (including PIDGIN2) and see for themselves. NA WHO COME YANKEE KNOW WETIN DEY

RANTS OVER

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 11:47am On Nov 28, 2017
Bede2u:
visiting america.. whats the minimum total cost one can expect... if u plan to stay 3 weeks.... dont have a reliable person to stay with

I really can't say. It depends on Individual Spending habits and personality and also the places to visit and thing to do on the visit.

Also, why not look into Canada PR or Australia PR application. I do believe they are seeking Safety Personnel. Na Straight Green Card be that o bro

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Dremca(m): 11:53am On Nov 28, 2017
Bede2u:
ok. U know about cost?
Google is your friend
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Bede2u(m): 11:56am On Nov 28, 2017
BlowJobs:

I really can't say. It depends on Individual Spending habits and personality and also the places to visit and thing to do on the viit.

Alo, why not look into Canada PR or Australia PR application. I do believe they are seeking Safety Personnel. Na Straight Green Card be that o bro
funny my sister living in u.k told me same thing yesterday. Problem is.... America is where the heart is. Grew up watching too much american movies, playing grand theft auto. I just wont be happy else where... infact it has to be new york, chicago, los angelis,

However would look into canada asap

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 11:57am On Nov 28, 2017
Look at that... grin

This plant gets more love than me. cheesy grin cheesy

She don change the light.. another 30$

Chai!!.
My lady no know wetin to use money do.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 11:59am On Nov 28, 2017
Bede2u:
funny my sister living in u.k told me same thing yesterday. Problem is.... America is where the heart is. Grew up watching too much american movies, playing grand theft auto. I just wont be happy else where... infact it has to be new york, chicago, los angelis,

However would look into canada asap

Please look into it. I will advise anyone, to choose PR over vosa anyday any time.

Maybe once youget your PR, you cn then look into living in America.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Dremca(m): 12:07pm On Nov 28, 2017
BlowJobs:
Look at that... grin
Chai!!. My lady no know wetin to use money do.
does Mrs K smoke

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 12:11pm On Nov 28, 2017
Why do threads like these makes home page?

Passengers From Owerri To Onitsha Involved In Accident, 5 Dead (Graphic Photos)

Actor Olasunkanmi Akanni Olohunyo Involved In Auto Accident (Photos)

Gas Tank Explodes At Okpokiri Station In Owerri, Kills 5, Injures Others (Graphic)

Viking Cult Members Survive Motor Accident (Photos)

Man Who Was To Wed In December Killed In The Accident In Imo (Graphic Photos)

Father Of 6 Declared Wanted For Raping His Wife’s Sales Girl (Photo)

1st Class Graduate Had Accident On His Way To Lagos For NYSC, Spine Cord Affected

Woman Gives Birth To Baby At A Plaza In Uyo, As Crowd Gather (Photos)

I am starting to see what Mrs K means as too much bad news. What should people do with the picture of the accident? or picture of badly injured people, decapitated human bodies or burnt victims?

What exactly is the purpose of the horrifying pictures? it doesn't honor the victims at all. it dehumanizes them. So what it the purpose of those threads on the home page? it is still morning and so much bad news on the home page.

We need to do better collectively.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 12:15pm On Nov 28, 2017
Dremca:
does Mrs K smoke

you think someone who goes out of their way to plan marijuana don't smoke?.

I'll leave that to your imagination.

She's a Marijuana advocate. grin grin. She's been singing Legalize it for months now.

I kept seeing benefits of Marijuana pasted everywhere (on the fridge, on the tv, on facebook, my email, on the bed, in the bathroom, in my car, pasted on my key chain) before i finally give in for her to do what she likes grin grin grin

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Dremca(m): 12:18pm On Nov 28, 2017
BlowJobs:

you think someone who goes out of their way to plan marijuana don't smoke?.

I'll leave that to your imagination.

She's a Marijuana advocate. grin grin. She's been singing Legalize it for months now.

I kept seeing benefits of Marijuana pasted everywhere (on the fridge, on the tv, on facebook, my email, on the bed, in the bathroom, in my car, pasted on my key chain) before i finally give in for her to do what she likes grin grin grin
shey marijuana na the same thing with igbo. Which one come be cannabis
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by error4040: 12:18pm On Nov 28, 2017
BlowJobs:

I am. Also, Mrk K is well known in the town (her dad is some sorta law enforcement, so I'm sure they don do background check on me) grin

She does this "embarrassing" thing when shs sees an older persom staring every time we travel to her village.

"She noticed someone staring at me"
"Calls my attention to it"
"Holds my hand and places it on her ass pr lap"
"Then kissed me"
It works everytime
grin grin.

You should see the disgusting look on their face like "you fu..cking assholes" look jjor "i'm gonna kill you both" look or the "really embarassed" white people look]

Its funny everytime.

Lwkmd bro the Bolded Above is Fvcking Funny

grin grin grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Dremca(m): 12:26pm On Nov 28, 2017
BlowJobs:

Gas Tank Explodes At Okpokiri Station In Owerri, Kills 5, Injures Others (Graphic)

1st Class Graduate Had Accident On His Way To Lagos For NYSC, Spine Cord Affected

I am starting to see what Mrs K means as too much bad news. What should people do with the picture of the accident? or picture of badly injured people, decapitated human bodies or burnt victims?

What exactly is the purpose of the horrifying pictures? it doesn't honor the victims at all. it dehumanizes them. So what it the purpose of those threads on the home page? it is still morning and so much bad news on the home page.

Please create a new thread with the title, "24 Laws of discipline" and "54years old man rapes 10years comedienne- Emanuela Samuel" and compare the level of responses from readers on both topics. Generally speaking, most africans don't like to think and develop themselves and thats why the white are more advanced than us but prefers gossips and trends produced by the white, that's why africa will remain a consumer. We cherish lies more than the truth. An average Nigerian guy will be thinking of the new babe to f.u.ck tonight. An average Nigerian girl will be thinking of new guy chop maga for the xmas, many will even accept this even accept any guy this festive period just because of what they stand to gain materialy from the guy. Tell me how such country can grow with such mindset of many youth, shout out to many Nigerian youth making us proud within and outside the country. I belive most traffic are generated because of those kind of news which Nigerians cherish except seun won broke.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Oye50(m): 12:31pm On Nov 28, 2017
BlowJobs:
Look at that... grin

Chai!!.
Hello man, I saw this thread and it really interest me. Tried sending you a pm but no response. I live in Germany. I havent being to the US but I have a valid B1 visa. I have certain questions regarding the exchange visitor program you mentioned, I would really appreciate if you can respond to my pm. Thanks
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 2:21pm On Nov 28, 2017
Oye50:

Hello man, I saw this thread and it really interest me. Tried sending you a pm but no response. I live in Germany. I havent being to the US but I have a valid B1 visa. I have certain questions regarding the exchange visitor program you mentioned, I would really appreciate if you can respond to my pm. Thanks

Yeah sure.. I'll respond to your PM later today. Or follow me so i follow back.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 2:33pm On Nov 28, 2017
LagosismyHome:
Anyone who finds a way to leave and then have a permanent stay........grab it and then run for it or with it cool

Lagosismyhome, bro/sis, too sabi how e dey go.

For the past 1year and half my Mrs has been begging to help me get PR, i dey form "James Bond". My confidence too sure for me say i go get H1 visa grin.

Going through all the paperwork now, na me come dey blame myself. (I was skeptical of her intentions at first to be honest and i still had school back im the Caribbean)
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 28, 2017
BlowJobs:

cheesy cheesy..
"Let the church say Amen"..

Pidgin2 still na my person. I just hope and pray she gets the opportunity to visit progressive country so her story too can change just like mine.

What if I tell you I was at Long Island some time ago? You think I'm ignorant like others
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Infamous(m): 3:05pm On Nov 28, 2017
Pidgin2:

What if I tell you I was at Long Island some time ago? You think I'm ignorant like others
I will like to ask you some questions.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Dremca(m): 3:36pm On Nov 28, 2017
Pidgin2:

here you go again, you claim to love Nigeria so much yet you're going on vacation abroad (how you go dey work for MTN, go dey collect salary for Shell). Are you not disloyal to your country. Why not go on vacation at yankari game reserve at least to promote "made in Nigeria goods". Hypocrite.. Koni da fu e

23 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bigtt76(f): 3:43pm On Nov 28, 2017
Hahaha ...uan nor get Sunlight for there? Why not just plant it outdoors and let it get enough sunlight grin or is there something special about planting it indoors?

BlowJobs:
Look at that... grin

Chai!!.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 3:44pm On Nov 28, 2017
Pidgin2:

I didn't say you're ignorant. Your post here shows that you're ignorant. I don't need to show it.

Abeg, sama us pictures of your long island visit.

17 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 3:46pm On Nov 28, 2017
bigtt76:
Hahaha ...uan nor get Sunlight for there? Why not just plant it outdoors and let it get enough sunlight grin or is there something special about planting it indoors?

Plant Marijuana outdoors? grin grin grin grin grin. This one indoor sef dey make me fear.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bigtt76(f): 3:53pm On Nov 28, 2017
Hahaha ...I thought it was legalized or at least legalized in some states. May be not in your state though.

BlowJobs:

Plant Marijuana outdoors? grin grin grin grin grin. This one indoor sef dey make me fear.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Ibadanismycrib(m): 4:08pm On Nov 28, 2017
BlowJobs:

Lagosismyhome, bro/sis, too sabi how e dey go.

)

Na woman. Infact her husband is the most fortunate man on earth to have her smiley. I envy her husband grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Ibadanismycrib(m): 4:26pm On Nov 28, 2017
A big question for you guys excluding TWoods.

People on here(most righteous ones) shouting Nigerians are bad, blocking ways for genuine applicants, Nigerians are fraud etc. if truly that is true with whatever you are saying about we nigerians, what will you say about Mexicans crossing the borders as they wish to the US, does that imply that when they(Mexicans) go for interview at US Embassy at their home country, the VO will say "Oh you guys cross borders too much, i will deny your visa because you are also running away" OR USCIS will say " AOS denied because you guys are so much into illegal activities?

TWoods, I am sorry for mentioning your name but I take God beg you in whatever you believe in, I will so much appreciate if you see all my posts and ignore them all as i will never appreciate a "mention" from you..

Modified : BlowJobs, i am not saying you are among those castigating others...

15 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Ibadanismycrib(m): 4:40pm On Nov 28, 2017
I had a conversation with a Mexican yesterday and said asked the following questions?

Where are you from? I said Africa. He was thinking Africa is a country. I told him African is a continent which I am from Nigeria and his friend said he has never heard of Nigeria before.

We have internet in Mexico, Do you have in Africa?
what can $1 buy in Africa? I said Maybe 2 plastic cokes.
He said is Africa(I am sure he means Nigeria) is like USA?
How do you guys come here?

The funniest is Do you have internet in Africa? Well I took my time to lecture him..

2nd Conversation
--------------------

I was watching CNN and this American asked me where I come from? I answered and he sd "Is Civilization in Nigeria because you know of what we see in the news" I just shook my head lol and told him more about africa

7 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 28, 2017
BlowJobs:
Look at that... grin

Chai!!.
if she no no wetin to use money do make she send me credit nah 30$ no small money o.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by error4040: 5:59pm On Nov 28, 2017
BlowJobs:

I didn't say you're ignorant. Your post here shows that you're ignorant. I don't need to show it.

Abeg, sama us pictures of your long island visit.
@Pidgin2 I dare You to Upload a picture to Prove you're Truly female.
grin :>wink
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by hammed71(m): 6:41pm On Nov 28, 2017
error4040:
@Pidgin2 I dare You to Upload a picture to Prove you're Truly female. grin :>wink
me sef dey reason am
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 28, 2017
End game?
BlowJobs:
Look at that... grin

Chai!!.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by NONNYG: 7:02pm On Nov 28, 2017
BlowJobs:

The purpose of these topics on the front page is for BUSINESS, it generates traffic to nairaland. More traffic, more money. This life sef

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (110) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.