Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,991 members, 7,799,409 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (345604 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / B1/B2 Change Of Status To F1 / B1/B2 Change Of Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by kenneyyice(m): 2:07pm On Nov 29, 2017
Good day blowjobs, I have been reading your post for a while now and I must say its really inspiring!. I love your stands on illegal immigration and hope that one day Nigerians and Africans at large will see it from your point of view. am a hustler like you too but wanna change the hustle!

Am a student of UNIBEN currently in 500level in petroleum Engineering but honestly, the future doesn't look too bright as before in the oil and gas sector so I wanna switch career prospect now to becoming a pilot!. it has always been my child hood dream due to some constrains (Majorly funds), I was unable to pursue it.

truth be told, I have no funds but by Gods grace have started planing on how to raise this money for it mostly for the visa and flights...

pls BJ, do you have any advice, recommendations about this?? do you know any school with a very good scholarship schemes that I can enroll to.

intact, if you where in my shoes, what do you think I should start doing for now??

your response will be greatly appreciated! .
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TWoods(m): 5:54pm On Nov 29, 2017
kenneyyice:
Good day blowjobs, I have been reading your post for a while now and I must say its really inspiring!. I love your stands on illegal immigration and hope that one day Nigerians and Africans at large will see it from your point of view. am a hustler like you too but wanna change the hustle!

Am a student of UNIBEN currently in 500level in petroleum Engineering but honestly, the future doesn't look too bright as before in the oil and gas sector so I wanna switch career prospect now to becoming a pilot!. it has always been my child hood dream due to some constrains (Majorly funds), I was unable to pursue it.

truth be told, I have no funds but by Gods grace have started planing on how to raise this money for it mostly for the visa and flights...

pls BJ, do you have any advice, recommendations about this?? do you know any school with a very good scholarship schemes that I can enroll to.

intact, if you where in my shoes, what do you think I should start doing for now??

your response will be greatly appreciated! .

Bear in mind that studying to be a pilot as an international student has become difficult no thanks to the 9-11 incident. It’s not impossible, but expect a lot of added scrutiny.

7 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by omoluabiguy: 6:13pm On Nov 29, 2017
BlowJobs:
Why do threads like these makes home page?

Passengers From Owerri To Onitsha Involved In Accident, 5 Dead (Graphic Photos)

Actor Olasunkanmi Akanni Olohunyo Involved In Auto Accident (Photos)

Gas Tank Explodes At Okpokiri Station In Owerri, Kills 5, Injures Others (Graphic)

Viking Cult Members Survive Motor Accident (Photos)

Man Who Was To Wed In December Killed In The Accident In Imo (Graphic Photos)

Father Of 6 Declared Wanted For Raping His Wife’s Sales Girl (Photo)

1st Class Graduate Had Accident On His Way To Lagos For NYSC, Spine Cord Affected

Woman Gives Birth To Baby At A Plaza In Uyo, As Crowd Gather (Photos)

I am starting to see what Mrs K means as too much bad news. What should people do with the picture of the accident? or picture of badly injured people, decapitated human bodies or burnt victims?

What exactly is the purpose of the horrifying pictures? it doesn't honor the victims at all. it dehumanizes them. So what it the purpose of those threads on the home page? it is still morning and so much bad news on the home page.

We need to do better collectively.

Well, that is what Nairaland has become now! Anytime I open nairaland here, I always try to make sure non of my white friends are close to be because the last time a friend tried nairaland, he came back to complain about how horrible my country is with daily bad news! All thanks to the mods for the way they are portraying Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by justsaypie: 6:35pm On Nov 29, 2017
omoluabiguy:

Well, that is what Nairaland has become now! Anytime I open nairaland here, I always try to make sure non of my white friends are close to be because the last time a friend tried nairaland, he came back to complain about how horrible my country is with daily bad news! All thanks to the mods for the way they are portraying Nigeria!

Good evening boss
I PMed you earlier, don't know if you saw it.
would be glad to have a chance to chat with you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by eyinola: 8:27pm On Nov 29, 2017
Those guys at the embassy are not smiling today at all.. Blue papers everywhere
Vo..................Good morning
Me.... ............ Good morning
Vo. ..... .. pp.
Me.................pass my pp
Vo...................why r u going to the us
Me..................I am going thr to represent my family to attend my niece wedding on 17/March 2018
Vo...................are u married
Me.................. Yes
Vo....................how many kids
Me...................a set of twins
Vo............ .. .... What's ur work
Me.................... Accountant at xxxxx
Vo..................... Ur job roles
Me......................bla bla bla
Vo...................... U studied accounting
Me..................... No... Business Administration
Vo....................... U learn on the job
Me....................... I hv a professional cert in accounting
Vo........................ Hv u traveled before
Me................... . Not at all
Vo......................... I am sorry u r not qualified for now
Me......................... Thanks....... Guys plz i need advice i want to reapply so i can still attend this event

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Dremca(m): 8:31pm On Nov 29, 2017
eyinola:
Vo. ..... .. pp.
Me..................I am going thr to represent my family to attend my niece wedding on 17/March 2018
Me.................. Yes
Me......................... Thanks....... Guys plz i need advice i want to reapply so i can still attend this event
Oga, you reach here.

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by omoluabiguy: 8:32pm On Nov 29, 2017
justsaypie:

Good evening boss
I PMed you earlier, don't know if you saw it.
would be glad to have a chance to chat with you

I haven’t been seeing my PM lately! Exams period is here and I probably won’t have much time until semester break
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by justsaypie: 9:56pm On Nov 29, 2017
omoluabiguy:

I haven’t been seeing my PM lately! Exams period is here and I probably won’t have much time until semester break

Oh, sorry about that, I’m sure you’re studying really hard, don’t want to be a bother, but I was wondering if you’d be kind enough to help out with mock interview. I understand you’re busy and your schedule is tight right now, I’d really appreciate if you could spare some time no matter how short. Thank you and God bless.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 29, 2017
There are no given ways to please the VO. But I know answering the question you are asked is important.
E.g he asked 'you learn on the job?' I think answer should be yes or no, then explanation may follow. I may be wrong also.
As the guy said, better lock some other time. May God be with you.
eyinola:
Vo. ..... .. pp.
Me.................. Yes
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bigtt76(f): 4:56am On Nov 30, 2017
The reasons for your rejection most probably lies in the documents you presented more than the answers you gave in response to the questions.

What was your bank statement like? Did you hurriedly Pad it up? Did it contain funds that cannot be matched to your wages? Did you quote as your budget for the trip, an amount too high compared to your bank balance? Let's know all these and more.

eyinola:
Vo. ..... .. pp.
Me.................. Yes
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by eyinola: 5:42am On Nov 30, 2017
bigtt76:
The reasons for your rejection most probably lies in the documents you presented more than the answers you gave in response to the questions.

What was your bank statement like? Did you hurriedly Pad it up? Did it contain funds that cannot be matched to your wages? Did you quote as your budget for the trip, an amount too high compared to your bank balance? Let's know all these and more.

USA embassy don't deal with documents, only thing they collect from applicants is ur passport, he didn't even ask for my wages. He was just to quick to decide

5 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TWoods(m): 5:54am On Nov 30, 2017
eyinola:
USA embassy don't deal with documents, only thing they collect from applicants is ur passport, he didn't even ask for my wages. He was just to quick to decide

They used to. I recall more than 15 years ago, you went with bank statements, letters of invitation etc. They stopped because we can't be trusted to do anything straight. We are the architects of our own misfortune. It's sad that most haven't learnt anything from this at all.

7 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bigtt76(f): 8:22am On Nov 30, 2017
The information you submitted online as part of your application. Sounds strange though ....you sure say nor bi the gateman you meet wen interview you? grin They always request for your physical copies of documentation. No VO will give a decision without looking through first ...buh I don't know again o! May be you should appeal the decision undecided

eyinola:
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Mbamto: 9:36am On Nov 30, 2017
TWoods:

They used to. I recall more than 15 years ago, you went with bank statements, letters of invitation etc. They stopped because we can't be trusted to do anything straight. We are the architects of our own misfortune. It's sad that most haven't learnt anything from this at all.
You are very right in this.
Not completely a misfortune because it turns out to be an "advantage" to some

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Mbamto: 9:55am On Nov 30, 2017
bigtt76:
The information you submitted online as part of your application. Sounds strange though ....you sure say nor bi the gateman you meet wen interview you? grin They always request for your physical copies of documentation. No VO will give a decision without looking through first ...buh I don't know again o! May be you should appeal the decision undecided

Nothing strange here, and no, the VOs rarely look at documents, they have said this severally on their thread. Have you been to the embassy of recent for a B1/B2 visa? They look at documents when it relates to medical or education. As for tourists, you further proof your funds and eligibility at POE if need be, and they depot and cancel the visa if not satisfied.
Basically, they analyse your home ties and decide to issue you or not based on the information you fill on your DS160 and also the interview.
And also, no, you can't appeal the decision of the American VO, you can only reapply.

US visa is 50% , the remaining 50% scrutiny is at the POE, unlike other countries that do background checks of documents and the visa process takes a very long time, and if okay , then less stress at POE.

11 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by eyinola: 10:14am On Nov 30, 2017
Mbamto:

Nothing strange here, and no, the VOs rarely look at documents, they have said this severally on their thread. Have you been to the embassy of recent for a B1/B2 visa? They look at documents when it relates to medical or education. As for tourists, you further proof your funds and eligibility at POE if need be, and they depot and cancel the visa if not satisfied.
They decide to issue you or not based on the information you fill on your DS160 and also the interview.
And also, no, you can't appeal the decision of the American VO, you can only reapply.

US visa is 50% , the remaining 50% scrutiny is at the POE, unlike other countries that do background checks of documents and the visa process takes a very long time, and if okay , then las stress at POE. U r very right, it it's clearly stated in the blue paper that u can't appeal their decision... They r not checking any document if u r on B1B2...just apply, fill ur form online even the form when filling has clearly stated not to bring to the interview.. The only thing they take from people now is just ur passport and they go through ur application on thr system.. Gone are the days of bank statements and all sorts

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by eyinola: 10:52am On Nov 30, 2017
U r very right, it it's clearly stated in the blue paper that u can't appeal their decision... They r not checking any document if u r on B1B2...just apply, fill ur form online even the form when filling has clearly stated not to bring to the interview.. The only thing they take from people now is just ur passport and they go through ur application on thr system.. Gone are the days of bank statements and all sorts except it's study or health visa, anyone who has been to the embassy on B1B2 can testify

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bigtt76(f): 11:21am On Nov 30, 2017
Ok thanks for the clarifications. Sounds scary ...how do the confirm my availability of funds? Would they want to see the cash or my bank statement? How would they start calling the banks from the POE to confirm? undecided

Mbamto:

Basically, they analyse your home ties and decide to issue you or not based on the information you fill on your DS160 and also the interview.

US visa is 50% , the remaining 50% scrutiny is at the POE, unlike other countries that do background checks of documents and the visa process takes a very long time, and if okay , then las stress at POE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (110) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.