Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,598 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (345846 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / B1/B2 Change Of Status To F1 / B1/B2 Change Of Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by khiaa(f): 8:24pm On Mar 11, 2018
Nig4Greatness:
The website quoted is not run by US govt.but what the "natural born" laws clearly states is that any child born abroad to a US citizen is considered a natural born.
Simply put,irrespective of where a child is born,is a US citizen at birth and can vie for the presidency of the United States.

You are 100 percent correct.
How have you been?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by log1(m): 11:46pm On Mar 11, 2018
Nig4Greatness:
The website quoted is not run by US govt.but what the "natural born" laws clearly states is that any child born abroad to a US citizen is considered a natural born.
Simply put,irrespective of where a child is born,is a US citizen at birth and can vie for the presidency of the United States.
khiaa:

How have you been?

Natural born means anyone born on U.S. soil and subject to its jurisdiction is a natural born citizen, regardless of parental citizenship
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by khiaa(f): 9:10am On Mar 12, 2018
log1:

Natural born means anyone born on U.S. soil and subject to its jurisdiction is a natural born citizen, regardless of parental citizenship

What's your point? I am a natural born American from centuries back. Any child born from me will be an American citizen no matter where the child is born. If I move to Nigeria and have a child with one of its citizens guess what, the child is still American and Nigerian., dual citizenship I guess.

3 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Fish123(m): 2:12pm On Mar 12, 2018
Oga Blowjobs
Lionlee216
Comradespade
Disguy
were una all dey o,cos dis thread don dey dry small small like river for dry season in naija
random pix and update go make sense ooooooo
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by jaybiz007(m): 9:40pm On Mar 12, 2018
khiaa:

What's your point? I am a natural born American from centuries back. Any child born from me will be an American citizen no matter where the child is born. If I move to Nigeria and have a child with one of its citizens guess what, the child is still American and Nigerian., dual citizenship I guess.
Provided either of the parents is an American citizen right?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by khiaa(f): 3:21am On Mar 13, 2018
jaybiz007:

Provided either of the parents is an American citizen right?

Isn't that what I typed in my post?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nig4Greatness: 6:41pm On Mar 13, 2018
khiaa:

How have you been?
.....can't see your break lights for a long time.sure you are going good.
Am doing wonderfully well just that managing the chilly weather of ORD together with the warmth of LAX can be challenging but GOD dey sha.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nig4Greatness: 6:45pm On Mar 13, 2018
log1:

This is normal but natural born laws as practised in the US also recognise a child born in any part of the world(not limited to US jurisdictions) to a US citizen is considered and treated as US citizen at birth.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nig4Greatness: 6:46pm On Mar 13, 2018
khiaa:

Well said!!!!.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by khiaa(f): 7:17pm On Mar 13, 2018
Nig4Greatness:
.....can't see your break lights for a long time.sure you are going good.
Am doing wonderfully well just that managing the chilly weather of ORD together with the warmth of LAX can be challenging but GOD dey sha.

Are you in the states?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nig4Greatness: 2:33pm On Mar 14, 2018
khiaa:

Are you in the states?
Haha I am and always be.cheers.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by khiaa(f): 2:47pm On Mar 14, 2018
Nig4Greatness:
Haha I am and always be.cheers.

Are you in LA?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nig4Greatness: 3:24pm On Mar 14, 2018
khiaa:

Are you in LA?
Pls check your mail..
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Fish123(m): 11:19pm On Mar 14, 2018
Hehehe easy miss, i guess he wasn't able to comprehend very well
khiaa:

Isn't that what I typed in my post?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by jaybiz007(m): 12:48am On Mar 15, 2018
Fish123:
Hehehe easy miss, i guess he wasn't able to comprehend very well
Comprehend what? The crap she typed in response? I chose to ignore her because my comment was just a sarcasm.
Moreover, I can detect an e-warrior from a mile, and please don't ask me how. I just wanna enjoy the spring break in peace grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Fish123(m): 3:20am On Mar 15, 2018
gringringrin i won't bro, lets enjoy laff 2geda lol
jaybiz007:

Comprehend what? The crap she typed in response? I chose to ignore her because my comment was just a sarcasm.
Moreover, I can detect an e-warrior from a mile, and please don't ask me how. I just wanna enjoy the spring break in peace grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Addy9: 10:20pm On Mar 16, 2018
Good evening from here. I just stumbled on this thread which i find very insightful. However, i'll be a Post NYSC member next month (April) and. I must say am so interested in the J1 visa. furthermore, I'll be so glad if you can help me with any information regarding J1 visa cos honestly nothing awaits me after NYSC. Thanks � a lot!

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Kevoki(m): 8:49pm On Mar 17, 2018
@blowjobs pls check your pm. I need some info from you. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 11:22pm On Mar 17, 2018
BlowJobs:

YES
okay. Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Pesuzok(m): 10:37am On Mar 18, 2018
How do families that travel on b1/b2 adjust status. It is becoming common to hear that families have relocated to the US just like that.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by AngelicBeing: 12:58pm On Mar 18, 2018
Pesuzok:
How do families that travel on b1/b2 adjust status. It is becoming common to hear that families have relocated to the US just like that.
Via fake and genuine marriage grin

10 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by AngelicBeing: 6:18pm On Mar 18, 2018
slimany:

is no longer new and not peculiar only to Nigerians, Foreigners from developed countries now engage in it. hope you read the news from Nigeria Immigration lastweek about the prevalent increase in marital knots here in Nigeria.
tongue

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Olufemi786(m): 9:44pm On Mar 20, 2018
@blowjobs, hop u are good? longtime here.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by abimbolar: 12:54am On Mar 23, 2018
Oga BJ, where art thou? shocked shocked
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by babbs45: 3:47pm On Mar 24, 2018
khiaa:

A child born outside of the US to one or more US citizen parents is a citizen of the US alright, but that child can't never stand to become president of the US that's the difference. You must be a natural born citizen ( born on US soil or it's territories ) to become the president of the US.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by PDPGuy: 8:08pm On Mar 24, 2018
babbs45:

A child born outside of the US to one or more US citizen parents is a citizen of the US alright, but that child can't never stand to become president of the US that's the difference. You must be a natural born citizen ( born on US soil or it's territories ) to become the president of the US.
Well, the exact definition of “natural born” has never been addressed by the US Supreme Court.

In its ordinary meaning, “natural born” refers to someone born on US soil. But we can’t definitely say a child, born outside the US to one or two US citizen parents, isn’t a natural-born citizen.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by castrokins(m): 2:23pm On Mar 25, 2018
Oga, This Awa Party Flag Wey You Carry Go Yankee, How We Wan Gather Collect Am?

PDPGuy:

Well, the exact definition of “natural born” has never been addressed by the US Supreme Court.

In its ordinary meaning, “natural born” refers to someone born on US soil. But we can’t definitely say a child, born outside the US to one or two US citizen parents, isn’t a natural-born citizen.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 1:32am On Mar 28, 2018
So a friend on vacation in chicago got robbed at gunpoint.

He went out arround 4am to do something and he was approached by this two guys with gun taking his money and phone right in his street

Pls if you are living in chicago, also know some parts are very dangerous to walk(assume chicago is dangerous to be safe) during odd hours. He was even asking me if they had toy guns or if they can shot him for real if he resisted.

Be cautious of your environment

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nig4Greatness: 6:50pm On Mar 28, 2018
lionlee216:
So a friend on vacation in chicago got robbed at gunpoint.

He went out arround 4am to do something and he was approached by this two guys with gun taking his money and phone right in his street

Pls if you are living in chicago, also know some parts are very dangerous to walk(assume chicago is dangerous to be safe) during odd hours. He was even asking me if they had toy guns or if they can shot him for real if he resisted.

Be cautious of your environment
So sorry for his loss but you talked of Chicago as if similar dangerous things don't happen in places like new york,texas,Georgia, California and other major cities around the US.
The first safety tips is self awareness...there are some neighborhood you cant walk safely on during the daylight not to talk of 4am in the night.what was he looking for at that time of the night even as a visitor?.
Let him report the incident and those guys would be apprehended in no time.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 31, 2018
How did d interview go, blooojobb?

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (110) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.