Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,035 members, 7,799,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (345610 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / B1/B2 Change Of Status To F1 / B1/B2 Change Of Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by 25naira(m): 2:52pm On Jun 04, 2018
BlowJobs:

She's good bro. thanks for asking

<b>We are expecting<\b>. (shhh!!!, don't tell no one yet)

And she got a raise, now she earns 50cent more grin grin

Really happy for u Bro, congratulations mahn

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by cindyjames2019(f): 6:20pm On Jun 04, 2018
AngryRebel:
Nice one
HI MY YANKEE EXPERIENCE PLEASE WILL LIKE TO GET YOUR EMAIL FOR A DIRECT QUESTION,I WILL NEED YOUR ADVICE ON A PARTICULAR ISSUE.THANK YOU.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 6:59pm On Jun 04, 2018
Donaltus, i see yu
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Donaltus: 11:06pm On Jun 04, 2018
Boss i dey lowkey
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by DereI(f): 8:01am On Jun 05, 2018
lionlee216:

Yes i did

Thanks....done
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 05, 2018
@blowjobs. Nice job u are doin. Plz i am a young lawyer planning to move to the u.s early next year but from the look of things i heard nursing is highly lucrative and i am thinkin of switching fields. I dont have a science background and i didnt write any science subject in my waec. Hw possible is it for me to switch and what are the steps to be taken. Tnx and safe delivery to mrs k
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by onyibor84: 1:08am On Jun 07, 2018
@Mouth Gig, I have been trying to reach you but to no avail.
Can you email me through meetduke@yahoo.com
Will like to send you something to help me look into.
Thanks
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by eyinola: 11:28pm On Jun 08, 2018
@ BlowJobs, biko is it possible for a greencard holder to file for his/spouse outside the US or only us citizen are allowed to file?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by signature2012(m): 2:50am On Jun 09, 2018
eyinola:
@ BlowJobs, biko is it possible for a greencard holder to file for his/spouse outside the US or only us citizen are allowed to file?

Only ones allowed to file.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by eyinola: 4:46am On Jun 09, 2018
signature2012:

Only ones allowed to file.
Do u mean only citizens are allowed to file?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by signature2012(m): 5:14am On Jun 09, 2018
eyinola:
Do u mean only citizens are allowed to file?

Yeah!
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by DereI(f): 7:14am On Jun 09, 2018
lionlee216:

Yes i did

Pmed you....sorry for taking so much of your time
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by DereI(f): 7:19am On Jun 09, 2018
lionlee216:

Sponsor
Birth certificate

Turned out to be sponsor. Please check pm
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Taiwodot: 10:35am On Jun 09, 2018
My fiancé filed a k1 petition for me and it was approved. I'm about to scheduled an appointment for interview.but the issue I'm having now is that my fiancé mistakenly filled a wrong date of birth on the petition he sent to uscis. He filled 1982 but my real date of birth is 1981. 1981 is what is on my international passport and also what is on my record with the Nigerian embassy(I have applied for visiting visa before)

My question is that hope that mistake will not affect my chances of getting the visa.

Also, what can I do to correct it?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by DereI(f): 11:03am On Jun 09, 2018
Taiwodot:
My fiancé filed a k1 petition for me and it was approved. I'm about to scheduled an appointment for interview.but the issue I'm having now is that my fiancé mistakenly filled a wrong date of birth on the petition he sent to uscis. He filled 1982 but my real date of birth is 1981. 1981 is what is on my international passport and also what is on my record with the Nigerian embassy(I have applied for visiting visa before)

My question is that hope that mistake will not affect my chances of getting the visa.

I think he can email them to correct it. Or betterstil, go with an affidavit stating that s mistake was made on your DOB and that the real dob is 1981 and take along to your interview in case the question comes up
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Taiwodot: 11:59am On Jun 09, 2018
DereI:
alright thanks for the reply

I think he can email them to correct it. Or betterstil, go with an affidavit stating that s mistake was made on your DOB and that the real dob is 1981 and take along to your interview in case the question comes up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by ogadogood: 9:14pm On Jun 09, 2018
Taiwodot:

bros sorry to ask biko.. Ur fiance is she a citizen or a PR?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Taiwodot: 9:17pm On Jun 09, 2018
ogadogood:
bros sorry to ask biko.. Ur fiance is she a citizen or a PR?
a citizen
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by ogadogood: 9:30pm On Jun 09, 2018
Taiwodot:

a citizen
OK.. How long does it take before u were invited for interview
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Taiwodot: 10:05pm On Jun 09, 2018
ogadogood:
OK.. How long does it take before u were invited for interview
6 months
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by wetdspace(m): 2:06pm On Jun 10, 2018
BlowJobs:

Where are other caribbean countries? make i analyze

Cuba

Haiti

Dominican republic

Jamaica

Trinidad and Tobago

Guadeloupe

Martinique

Bahamas

Barbados

Saint Lucia

Curacao

Aruba

St. Vincent and th Grenadines

Grenada

Antigua and Barbuda

Dominica

Cayman Islands

St. Kitts and Nevis

Sint Maartin

Turks and Caicos

St. Martin

Caribbean Netherlands

Anguilla

Saint Barthelemy

Montserrat

what's wrong with Nicaraugua with that teeth?

Can you indicate the one you found your lucky charm with an asterik?

please include their school fees rate too in terms of how expensive it is and it terms of their scholarship both for undergraduate and postgraduate.

Thanks so much for the help.... Im now understanding better.

God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by samuelkingz(m): 2:25pm On Jun 10, 2018
@blowjobs So I read about the new cannabis law in new York and I remembered your wife's marijuana plant.. Hope it blossomed.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Princelarry304: 9:27am On Jun 11, 2018
Good day Blowjobs! can you PM me pls? I 've some bordering issues to relate with you.

Thanks and stay blessed brother.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by chokey419(m): 2:39pm On Jun 11, 2018
signature2012:

Yeah!
That's very wrong info. He asked for spouse not fiance/fiancee. A green card holder can file for his or her spouse and kids. A citizen can file fiance/fiancee visa and you must get married within 90days of your arrival. That category is called K1 while the the other is called F2a.

8 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by chokey419(m): 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2018
BlowJobs:

bro, ran into some probs. Recruiter F**ked me up (i really think so). I'm out. I am done trying to join.

My mama prayer about me not going to war was answered grin grin

Bros, i tried and tried.
So, i tested + to TB from a routine check. i was shocked. I did xray and it showed i dont have TB. Dr said i have no worries. Told recruiter i tested + to TB but don't have it (my mistake should i waited till MEPS check up) na there my wahalah start.

PS: i found out a lot of US being from Nigeria most likely will test positive to TB (letent) but do not actually have TB.
Did you take any immunization shots recently? Before I travelled and did my medicals had to take some shots back home, I got here and had a job interview which I needed to do some medical screening since my mum is a nurse she advised me to let them know I just migrated in case they wanna test for TB. Really don't know how it works but I guess that might have been the problem.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by signature2012(m): 3:51pm On Jun 11, 2018
chokey419:
That's very wrong info. He asked for spouse not fiance/fiancee. A green card holder can file for his or her spouse and kids. A citizen can file fiance/fiancee visa and you must get married within 90days of your arrival. That category is called K1 while the the other is called F2a.

Opsss,my bad!I thought it was fiancee application he meant.

Thanks for the correction.

Modify : Hope you know not all green card holders can file for their spouse.

Their are different categories of green card.

@eyinola,how did he or she got the green card?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by eyinola: 9:09pm On Jun 11, 2018
signature2012:

Opsss,my bad!I thought it was fiancee application he meant.

Thanks for the correction.

Modify : Hope you know not all green card holders can file for their spouse.

Their are different categories of green card.

@eyinola,how did he or she got the green card?
previously married to a usa citizen
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 9:38pm On Jun 12, 2018
chokey419:
Did you take any immunization shots recently? Before I travelled and did my medicals had to take some shots back home, I got here and had a job interview which I needed to do some medical screening since my mum is a nurse she advised me to let them know I just migrated in case they wanna test for TB. Really don't know how it works but I guess that might have been the problem.

I did. I took all the shots. i am still sad about it

A lot of us Nigerians will test positive for TB and we don't even know..

This is something we all need to be aware of especially people starting a new job that requires TB test
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 9:42pm On Jun 12, 2018
alfonso36:
wow congrats bro, i'm so happy for you.

Thank you bro. She no let me rest now talking about how the baby will look like. grin

She's not even considering giving birth in Canada like i suggested. undecided undecided
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 9:51pm On Jun 12, 2018
onyibor84:
@Mouth Gig, I have been trying to reach you but to no avail.
Can you email me through meetduke@yahoo.com
Will like to send you something to help me look into.
Thanks

Send me a PM. once i reply, go straight to the point. No greeting, nothing.

Thanks

PS: i have been really busy now. I'll check my NL mail tomorrow at 4pm Boston, MA time. Already checking my mail now to reply PMs

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 9:54pm On Jun 12, 2018
chokey419:

btw, what have you been up to now? its been while.

School? work?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by alfonso36(m): 10:00pm On Jun 12, 2018
BlowJobs:

Thank you bro. She no let me rest now talking about how the baby will look like. grin

She's not even considering giving birth in Canada like i suggested. undecided undecided
eyaah she just can't wait, we dey pray for you here sha...tell am say them him inlaw de troway salute.

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (110) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.