Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,558 members, 7,809,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Liberty Jeep - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Liberty Jeep (2141 Views)

Anyone Has Information About Liberty Jeep 2002 / Liberty Walk Body-kitted Suzuki Jimny SUV VS Mercedes-benz G-wagon:see The Diff. / Hummer Jeep Carries Bamboo Sticks From Market In The East (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liberty Jeep by HopeRisingmatte(m): 8:36am On Oct 26, 2017
Dear experts,
I drive a Liberty Jeep 06 model. I observed it guzzles so much fuel, some once said to own a Liberty Jeep u must have a Liberty reserve.
Pls is this the experience of everyone who owns it?
Are Liberty jeeps really guzzlers?
Can anything be done to make it more fuel efficient ?
My mechanic says the exhaust catalyst has been stolen that's why. Says it'll cost me 80k to replace. Pls any advice on what to do? Below are pics of the car.
Pls assist a desperate brother as I am at my wits end and thinking of selling of the car.

Re: Liberty Jeep by mayor2013: 8:48am On Oct 26, 2017
If your check engine light is on. Go run a scan on your ride
Re: Liberty Jeep by HopeRisingmatte(m): 9:04am On Oct 26, 2017
mayor2013:
If your check engine light is on. Go run a scan on your ride

The check engine light is on. Thanks.
Re: Liberty Jeep by mayor2013: 9:37am On Oct 26, 2017
HopeRisingmatte:

The check engine light is on. Thanks.

Run scan and also post result of scan here
Re: Liberty Jeep by HopeRisingmatte(m): 10:36am On Oct 26, 2017
mayor2013:

Run scan and also post result of scan here
Sure will. Thanks
Re: Liberty Jeep by komekn(m): 11:51pm On Oct 26, 2017
You really need to state the engine size and match that against projected fuel consumption figures by the Jeep.

Then factor in other variables and you didn't say specifically what your mpg is highway and urban. And then ask other Liberty jeep drivers if they get about the same.

That should be your starting point.
Re: Liberty Jeep by boldx(m): 12:57am On Oct 27, 2017
Engine size: 3.7Litre. Enjoy a fuel thirsty economy.
Re: Liberty Jeep by ivoryhouse(m): 11:17pm On Oct 27, 2017
HopeRisingmatte:
Dear experts,
I drive a Liberty Jeep 06 model. I observed it guzzles so much fuel, some once said to own a Liberty Jeep u must have a Liberty reserve.
Pls is this the experience of everyone who owns it?
Are Liberty jeeps really guzzlers?
Can anything be done to make it more fuel efficient ?
My mechanic says the exhaust catalyst has been stolen that's why. Says it'll cost me 80k to replace. Pls any advice on what to do? Below are pics of the car.
Pls assist a desperate brother as I am at my wits end and thinking of selling of the car.
Something is definitely wrong with your jeep. When was the last time you changed your plugs, and air filter?
Re: Liberty Jeep by leboss6(m): 1:32am On Oct 28, 2017
I have used a Liberty Jeep before , it's a 3.7 liter engine so it does consume more fuel unlike the regular 2.2 and 2.4 liter cars , asides checking if Your Catalyst has been removed I don't think there is much u can do about the fuel consumption.

1 Like

Re: Liberty Jeep by HopeRisingmatte(m): 5:16pm On Oct 28, 2017
ivoryhouse:

Something is definitely wrong with your jeep. When was the last time you changed your plugs, and air filter?
Up to a year. Never changed the filter. The problem is getting a good auto engineer specialized in liberty. Not seen any in Uyo. Wouldn't mind bringing in someone experienced to scan and repair.
Re: Liberty Jeep by HopeRisingmatte(m): 5:22pm On Oct 28, 2017
komekn:
You really need to state the engine size and match that against projected fuel consumption figures by the Jeep.

Then factor in other variables and you didn't say specifically what your mpg is highway and urban. And then ask other Liberty jeep drivers if they get about the same.

That should be your starting point.
Engine size is 3.7ltrs. MPG is about 8km per ltr. I dunno if they are other Liberty jeep owners in the house. The few I've met one on one complained of the same thing. That it isn't fuel efficient. Wondering if they is anything I can do about it.

1 Like

Re: Liberty Jeep by sultaan(m): 11:18pm On Oct 28, 2017
HopeRisingmatte:

Engine size is 3.7ltrs. MPG is about 8km per ltr. I dunno if they are other Liberty jeep owners in the house. The few I've met one on one complained of the same thing. That it isn't fuel efficient. Wondering if they is anything I can do about it.

What do you expect the mpg to be and if you convert your current usage you will be off by how much.

Compare that number to a V6 Rav4 and a 4 cylinder rav4
Re: Liberty Jeep by ray48: 10:06pm On Oct 29, 2017
It should be consuming fuel more than ur regular sedans. It's a 3.7litre engine for crying out loud. Its also SUV. Beyond d issue of d catalyst, I doubt if there's much u can do to check d high fuel consumption. If fuel consumption is a serious concern to u, sell it off & get a smaller car. There has to be a trade off somehow.

(1) (Reply)

Clean 2010 Honda Accord (evil Spirit) - TOKS - For Sale / Help Please My 2003 Toyota Camry Won’t Rev Pass 3000rpm / Car Tyre Text Fully Explained In Diagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.