Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month (31403 Views)

Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder / "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) / How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by don4real18(m): 12:53pm On Oct 26, 2017
Someone asked me why will you resign from your job when you haven't gotten another In this present Nigeria and I put up my million dollar smile grin and told him that a there are benefits in having a good name. cool

I know things are really difficult in this economy of ours. Getting a job is one and getting benefits from the job is another with examples from the woes being suffered by the civil servants in Kogi.

I was jobless for about 3months because the company I worked for didn't have any project at hand so we came to a mutual understanding and I moved on.
During my jobless period, I searched and searched for a job but this is Nigeria where anything goes. You know you are qualified for an engineering position but an accountant who is the HR feels otherwise or you attend an interview and they want you to collect peanuts that wouldn't help you save at the end of the day.

After I passed through this frustrations, I decided to take a digital marketing course which finally helped in securing my job as a digital marketer in a one-man firm. (I never knew it was a one-man firm before having read the experiences of other Nairalanders)

I started the job based on what I was told at the interview but later realized that it was all lies.
Ranging from who really owns the firm to my job descriptions.
So, I have listed the major reasons in no particular order on why I resigned after working for just a month

Distance and Security
The distance from my house to my workplace takes approximately 8hrs on the road to and fro
I lacked sleep, moved about with a keen sense of security due to early morning and late night movements. Sometimes, I I wouldn't get vehicles and would need to walk a long distance to be able to get home and this really affected my health.

Job description
I know what I signed for during the interview but it was different when I started.
I didn't only do the work of a digital marketer but also train other staffs who are not too skilled with the computer, do Graphics Design each day, if any computer develop problems, I will need to check it out, develop business proposals, look for clients offline (Marketer) and also serve as a customer care.
I was being exploited by my boss.

Integrity at stake
During my second week, I finally knew that the company was a joke.
They scam unsuspecting victims. Companies and individuals.
You will be listed on the website and be called to register stating that they have jobs for you.
The victims fall for it and will probably wait for eternity before they can get a job from the company.
The owner of the company put me under lots of pressure to do this and if there's one thing I believe in, it is a good name.
I can't just scam people trying to make ends meet so that I can be paid my salary.

So, I resigned after a month. The owner called me telling me to return and I refused. He made a offer that I work from home which I didn't accept...

About a week later, a subscriber threatened one of the staffs in the office and another staff followed my footstep and I was happy that I left before this occurred.

In life we are often faced with situations such as this, so will you sell your integrity for stipends? The world will certainly be a better place if we believe that it begins with our actions.

226 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by delishpot: 1:12pm On Oct 26, 2017
Hmnnn, it's well. A good name is indeed important.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Stargirlabimz: 1:20pm On Oct 26, 2017
don4real18:
Someone asked me why will you resign from your job when you haven't gotten another In this present Nigeria and I put up my million dollar smile grin and told him that a there are benefits in having a good name. cool

I know things are really difficult in this economy of ours. Getting a job is one and getting benefits from the job is another with examples from the woes being suffered by the civil servants in Kogi.

I was jobless for about 3months because the company I worked for didn't have any project at hand so we came to a mutual understanding and I moved on.
During my jobless period, I searched and searched for a job but this is Nigeria where anything goes. You know you are qualified for an engineering position but an accountant who is the HR feels otherwise or you attend an interview and they want you to collect peanuts that wouldn't help you save at the end of the day.

After I passed through this frustrations, I decided to take a digital marketing course which finally helped in securing my job as a digital marketer in a one-man firm. (I never knew it was a one-man firm before having read the experiences of other Nairalanders)

I started the job based on what I was told at the interview but later realized that it was all lies.
So, I have listed the major reasons in no particular order on why I resigned after working for just a month

Distance and Security
The distance from my house to my workplace takes approximately 8hrs on the road to and fro
I lacked sleep, moved about with a keen sense of security due to early morning and late night movements. Sometimes, I I wouldn't get vehicles and would need to walk a long distance to be able to get home and this really affected my health.

Job description
I know what I signed for during the interview but it was different when I started.
I didn't only do the work of a digital marketer but also train other staffs who are not too skilled with the computer, do Graphics Design each day, if any computer develop problems, I will need to check it out, develop business proposals, look for clients offline (Marketer) and also serve as a customer care.

Integrity at stake
You will be listed on the website and be called to register stating that they have jobs for you.
The victims fall for it and will probably wait for eternity before they can get a job from the company.
The owner of the company put me under lots of pressure to do this and if there's one thing I believe in, it is a good name.
I can't just scam people trying to make ends meet so that I can be paid my salary.

So, I resigned after a month. The owner called me telling me to return and I refused. He made a offer that I work from home which I didn't accept...

About a week later, a subscriber threatened one of the staffs in the office and another staff followed my footstep and I was happy that I left before this occurred.

In life we are often faced with situations such as this, so will you sell your integrity for stipends? The world will certainly be a better place if we believe that it begins with our actions.
you did the right thing.... Well-done!

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 26, 2017
I experienced this too, may God help us in this country

9 Likes

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 26, 2017
Good one
Same reason I resigned from my microfinance bank.
Oh its a scam alright. Scamming peoples lives and sanity!

By the time the curses begin to manifest ehn......?
God will provide another brother

31 Likes

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by don4real18(m): 1:55pm On Oct 26, 2017
cummando:
By the time the curses begin to manifest ehn......?
God will provide another brother
Lol grin Amen brother

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by don4real18(m): 1:56pm On Oct 26, 2017
delishpot:
Hmnnn, it's well. A good name is indeed important.
Yes, it is
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by delishpot: 3:14pm On Oct 26, 2017
don4real18:

Yes, it is

Don't worry, See life will arrange someone that will offer you a better option. Someone wey you no even expect say go offer you sef. Pkele its more than well. Keep faith.

9 Likes

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Triumphant99(m): 3:31pm On Oct 26, 2017
A better job is on the way. Even better, your own business, if you so desire. Nothing can replace integrity.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by femo122: 4:12pm On Oct 26, 2017
@ o.p what the name ,address of the company
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Teewhy2: 4:42pm On Oct 26, 2017
I think no 3 is the only main reason i believe that can actually make someone live a job. good you left because of your integrity.

Considering doing a roof parapet?
check out price comparison between a concrete cast in suite against polystyrene parapet.
Polystyrene parapet is light weight and doesn't have much impact on the land.
excellent usage on swampy environment.
click below for more details.

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by bentlywills(m): 4:43pm On Oct 26, 2017
We dy here dy find job undecided
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by DanielsParker(m): 4:43pm On Oct 26, 2017
How was the company scamming people?

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by AntiWailer: 4:45pm On Oct 26, 2017
Good
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by SNIPER123: 4:46pm On Oct 26, 2017
grin
Technically speaking 99.999% of Nigerians are corrupt. embarassed

7 Likes

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Vado(m): 4:47pm On Oct 26, 2017
You did well. There's no pride in ripping others off for a living.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Josh44s(m): 4:48pm On Oct 26, 2017
don4real18:

Distance and Security

Job description

Integrity at stake

Op na from Warri to Enugu you dey go work everyday be that

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by ganie(m): 4:49pm On Oct 26, 2017
OP,pls what is the name of the course and how much is it?
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by sotall(m): 4:50pm On Oct 26, 2017
OK
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by adetes: 4:50pm On Oct 26, 2017
May Almighty save us in this our beloved country
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by SweetJoystick(m): 4:50pm On Oct 26, 2017
Nice
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by pocohantas(f): 4:52pm On Oct 26, 2017
You did the right thing.
We are proud of you smiley

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Slaveman343: 4:54pm On Oct 26, 2017
Great story. Integrity pays

3 Likes

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Jaytecq(m): 4:54pm On Oct 26, 2017
ok
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Tobycharles: 4:55pm On Oct 26, 2017
What most employers source for now is more or less cheap labour
And not forgetting the fact that they lacks integrity in dealing with their employees

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by ForValour: 4:56pm On Oct 26, 2017
Bold step you took op. I wish you success going forward...

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Adeyinka12(m): 4:56pm On Oct 26, 2017
Ogaa oooo , iyanu mashele soonest

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Samusu(m): 4:57pm On Oct 26, 2017
OP, i de yhur back
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by nwakibie3(m): 4:59pm On Oct 26, 2017
op I think I know the office in lekki grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy To Finally Resume My Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Licence Course / TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline / Corporal Fauzziyah Shoney Detained For Resigning From The Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.