Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,503 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

National Health Insurance Scheme- Another white elephant? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / National Health Insurance Scheme- Another white elephant? (2627 Views)

National Health Insurance Scheme And State Own Hospitals. / Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) / National Health Insurance Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Health Insurance Scheme- Another white elephant? by demmy(m): 5:51pm On Jun 07, 2005
Obasanjo launched the national health insurance scheme yesterday. Are they serious or just one of the many promises that nothing will come out of?

PRESIDENT Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday formally flagged off the long-awaited National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS), saying that N26 billion has been voted in this year's budget as Federal government's contribution to the scheme.

He said his administration would probe allegations of impropriety against the immediate past executive secretary of the scheme, Muhammad Sambo, with a view to ascertaining his culpability or otherwise.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200506070164.html
Re: National Health Insurance Scheme- Another white elephant? by Imnakoya(m): 4:10pm On Jun 08, 2005
A national health insurance plan is highly desireable in Nigeria, and much needed also. I hope that brains behind it did a thorough job of putting the pieces together.

Unfortunately, there isn't much info on the scheme yet. I wonder how the government can embark on a project as far reaching as this and yet very little is known about how it's going to be implemented. uhh ..
Re: National Health Insurance Scheme- Another white elephant? by jogego(m): 12:56pm On Jul 10, 2005
what are the results of the National Social Insurance Trust Fund(NSITF) and National Housing Fund(NHF). Just another way of siphoning much needed public funds. rolleyes
Re: National Health Insurance Scheme- Another white elephant? by dredd(m): 2:03pm On Jul 10, 2005
Does anyone know the website for the NHIS? I understand that there is such a website.
Re: National Health Insurance Scheme- Another white elephant? by omon(m): 11:26pm On Jul 12, 2005
I guess this is the site; http://www.nhisinfo.org/main.htm

(1) (Reply)

5 Natural Ways To Lighten Your Skin Complexion And Fade Away Scars / Chest pain and stiffness. / Pics: Nigerian Woman Dies In Failed Butt Enhancement Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.