Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce (39542 Views)

$111m Port Harcourt Airport Yet To Become Operational 2 Months After Commissioni / The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) / Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by krypton97(m): 3:34pm On Oct 26, 2017
Nigeria my country When are we going to get it right in this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by chukxie(m): 3:38pm On Oct 26, 2017
Nigeria! Nothing surprises about Nigeria. Decaying infrastures, missing billions of USD, epileptic power supple, tribalism, nepotism, corrupt leaders, corrupt politicians...the list of negatives is endless. Nothing surprises me. Welcome to country that is supposed to be rich but sadly an abysmally poor and disorganised country! This is Nigeria - my country!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by Blue3k(m): 3:39pm On Oct 26, 2017
Ballmer:

[s]Once the airport is mortgaged you will claim FG mortgaged your life.[/s]

I'm not the statist ilk you associate with. Please don't make me laugh with the comparison. Did the other concessions agreements and privatization hurt country?

Obviously you haven't read my comment history or thread post on stuff like this. I've always be for it. I literally posted stuff on it a few days ago regarding rails.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by HonabFaj(m): 3:41pm On Oct 26, 2017
Keneking:
APC government and lies and scams undecided

Suddenly Rotimi Amaechi has gone quiet pursuing only railway projects all around the country

This headline is about Enugu Airport,where did APC and Amaechi come from

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by mapet: 3:42pm On Oct 26, 2017
deji17:
We thank our amazon for a job well done.

I always tell people that, when South East people are done "chopping" their numerous lies, they will still come back to "chop" their bitter truth..

Tiri Gbosa for Mama the MAMA.

grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 26, 2017
HonabFaj:

This headline is about Enugu Airport,where did APC and Amaechi come from

Which ministry is in charge of airports? APC or PDP?

Nonsense question

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by Leez(m): 3:44pm On Oct 26, 2017
naptu2:
Ben Bruce took to Twitter to complain about the state of the airport.

https://mobile.twitter.com/benmurraybruce/status/923527905321390080
children of hate already on the thread and spewing trash hmmm
smh

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by DJMCOTTY(m): 3:46pm On Oct 26, 2017
adeniyi55:
I always pay u guys salary consecutively god catch u today
see beta meat
Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by Blue3k(m): 3:47pm On Oct 26, 2017
CaptainFM1:

You have a point. Government has no business running airport.

After the test the concessions with Abuja and Lagos. They should definitely consider Enugu, and port Harcourt. The federal government shouldn't inflict itself with a burden it can't handle.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by HonabFaj(m): 3:50pm On Oct 26, 2017
Keneking:

Which ministry is in charge of airports? APC or PDP?

Nonsense question

lol
But the former of Aviation Stella Odua renovated this airport few years ago ,APC has not said they do anything on the airport

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 26, 2017
HonabFaj:

lol
But the former of Aviation Stella Odua renovated this airport few years ago ,APC has not said they do anything on the airport

Has it not been raining since Oduah left office?
Has commercial and cargo aircrafts not been landing on the tarmac since Oduah left office?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by xlander(m): 3:53pm On Oct 26, 2017
FortifiedCity:
I am only interested in knowing what's inside those containers.

As for Nigeria. I know one man who can salvage the nation

Don't be surprised when they are found to be empty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by HonabFaj(m): 3:58pm On Oct 26, 2017
Keneking:

Has it not been raining since Oduah left office?
Has commercial and cargo aircrafts not been landing on the tarmac since Oduah left office?

Alright ,you are right
But at least the run way should lasted for at least 5 to 10 years , again what happen to the roof of the building ,toilet etc., showed in the picture .What did i know

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 26, 2017
xlander:

Don't be surprised when they are found to be empty
Then the contents must have been evacuated overnight
Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by ElsonMorali: 4:05pm On Oct 26, 2017
deji17:
We thank our amazon for a job well done.

I always tell people that, when South East people are done "chopping" their numerous lies, they will still come back to "chop" their bitter truth..

Tiri Gbosa for Mama the MAMA.

grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by madridguy(m): 4:08pm On Oct 26, 2017
Even the umbrella cannot give me garri to soak in this hot afternoon. tongue

Flaghouse1:

Take this umbrella to American embassy , they will give you visa sharp! Sharp!,tell the visa office Mr. Washington that I sent you ok.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by AnanseK(m): 4:09pm On Oct 26, 2017
Blue3k:
Lol which airport does the federal government manage well. I don't know why people wanted these hacks to manage the airport.

Concession the airport, sell it or let state manage it. They already have plans to concession Abuja and Lagos airport. Let them add this to list.

No progress will ever be made if people are not held responsible for their actions. A prison term of 6 years with hard labour for the criminal oduah will send a signal to future ministers. To simply concession the airport as a solution will never bring progress and development.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 26, 2017
Truth be told that airport was done about 3 years ago. And as a facility that is heavily used, maintenance culture is very important. Even if it is built by the Germans, if toilets are not cleaned, simple leakages are not plugged, grass not mowed, the airport will deteriorate.

For example Anytime I use the Abuja train, I see how the Chinese managers constantly attend to one thing or another maintaining things, I know the day they go we are in trouble.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 26, 2017
Truth be told that airport was done about 3 years ago. And as a facility that is heavily used, maintenance culture is very important. Even if it is built by the Germans, if toilets are not cleaned, simple leakages are not plugged, grass not mowed, the airport will deteriorate.

Anytime I use the Abuja train, I see how the Chinese managers constantly attend to one thing or another maintaining things, I know the day they go we are in trouble.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 26, 2017
This Nigeria of ours needs to be awarded best Story Production Country,
Even best storyline producer.

for every story, there is a fantastic line to suit it till it ends.

Nigeria We Hail Thee !!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by talk2percy(m): 4:17pm On Oct 26, 2017
Look at how they are patching the runway...just like Rochas is patching the roads in Imo state. Shameless people
Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by WaffenSS(m): 4:22pm On Oct 26, 2017
Spylord48:
Stella Odua comes to mind.Billion was spent just to rehabilitate this airport instead of awarding the contract to a good firm,they awarded it to themselves and their cronies.They went there and poured condemn oil ontop of sand claiming that enugu airport is now a world class airport.
Yet the crook that was in charge in Now in Senate shamelessly shouting yey and Na.
I wonder why Ben Bruce won't call her and ask her questions or must he rant on twitter?
He should use his position as a Senator and ask questions or is he too shy to talk in the Senate chambers?

Don't blame Odua alone. What about the regulating and certifying agencies?

Someone must've approved this job as meeting specifications.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:25pm On Oct 26, 2017
after they will be shouting marginalization. .contractors were paid in full. .if you look well, it will be igbo contractors. . .hey have swindle it and now wants to blame the gov't. . .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by macmoyor(m): 4:30pm On Oct 26, 2017
If this airport is at North,with the amount of money allocated to build the airport, Northern man would do best to mark sure the airport is up to standard..and much money money left over to shop..but for our bros at East, they would shop the money and wont bother doing any work..we are our own enemies at east..forget Buhari matter..
I have been at that airport and seen it first hand.its disgraceful to say the least.
Buhari should permanently shutdown the airport.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by Blue3k(m): 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2017
AnanseK:

No progress will ever be made if people are not held responsible for their actions. A prison term of 6 years with hard labour for the criminal oduah will send a signal to future ministers. To simply concession the airport as a solution will never bring progress and development.

Cool with me arrest who ever you want. The government job is to regulate and ensure quality. Concessioning in right hands means means the business does what ever it can to make money. They can't afford to start losing money. When NPA concessioned ports there was improvements to clearing times from what I read.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by Yekoyeko(m): 4:38pm On Oct 26, 2017
Spylord48:
Stella Odua comes to mind.Billion was spent just to rehabilitate this airport instead of awarding the contract to a good firm,they awarded it to themselves and their cronies.They went there and poured condemn oil ontop of sand claiming that enugu airport is now a world class airport.
Yet the crook that was in charge in Now in Senate shamelessly shouting yey and Na.
I wonder why Ben Bruce won't call her and ask her questions or must he rant on twitter?
He should use his position as a Senator and ask questions or is he too shy to talk in the Senate chambers?
The honourable senator should stop selling himself in the social media. He was elected to serve the nation and have every legislative power to deal with this type of issues. Nigerians want to see actions except if you are in favour of corrupt practices.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by ZaraGift: 4:46pm On Oct 26, 2017
Yemi7up:
If the president try probing this again,then come the noise selective prosecution.

The is the kind of case President should deal with but he won't because it doesn't affect them, that's why the people shout selective prosecution
Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by jayAjoku(m): 4:56pm On Oct 26, 2017
shaibu123:
Take me to court,i will say it over and over again SE politicians are businessmen and women.This is an Airport Deputy Senate President Ike EKWEREUMADU goes through week in week out.Anyim Pius,Ugwuanyi, Etc. Any yet somebody will come here and say Hausa fulani this and that
my brother Leave them let pant be wearing them always claiming marginalized yet their brothers are at the helm of affairs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by cosmos1440: 5:08pm On Oct 26, 2017
naptu2:
Previous thread about the airport.

https://www.nairaland.com/1868161/enugu-airport-flood-pictures

God bless you for telling the truth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by j1mmy: 5:19pm On Oct 26, 2017
igbos are the leading drug dealers in Africa, they mostly use airport to carry the drugs abroad yet they cannot construct a decent airport for their crimes!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by lilytender: 5:22pm On Oct 26, 2017
Keneking:
APC government and lies and scams undecided

Suddenly Rotimi Amaechi has gone quiet pursuing only railway projects all around the country

Senator (Princess) Stella Oduah has remodelled all the nation's airports to international standard grin grin, so there is no need for Rotimi Amaechi to do anything again. Let Rotimi just face the railways.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by DTaj: 5:23pm On Oct 26, 2017
samebony1:
Who approved and paid the contractors for jobs not done. Name and shame them please

STELLA ODUAH, FORMER AVIATION MINISTER WHO STOLE BILLIONS, WAS THE ONE WHO AWARDED THE CONTRACT FOR THE ENUGU AIRPORT! SHE EVEN INVITED PRESIDENT JONATHAN TO COMMISSION IT WITH SO MUCH FUNFARE AND WASTED FUNDS ON A MEDIA BLITZ!

If we write that President Jonathan and his Ministers were 100% rogues, some members here would start writing insults as response!

God help us!

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fatal Accident Along Ijebu Ode - Epe Road. / Owu Waterfalls – Kwara State (Pictures) / Vehicle With Passengers Still Inside River 5 Days After Accident In Delta. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.