Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Extreme, Moderate And Negligent Muslim. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Extreme, Moderate And Negligent Muslim. (5057 Views)

Laxity, Radical & Moderate Muslims You Might Find In Mosques During Taroweeh / The Gospel Of Moderate Islam / Crown Prince Promises To Lead His Country 'back To Moderate Islam' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Extreme, Moderate And Negligent Muslim. by Rashduct4luv(m): 2:34pm On Oct 26, 2017
Moderate (as an adjective) means average in amount, intensity, quality or degree!

Moderation in Islam means that one does not exaggerate and go beyond the limit set by Allaah, and that one does not neglect it and fall short of the limit set by Allaah.
Moderation in religion means following the example of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Exaggeration means trying to do more than he did, and negligence means not reaching that level.[/color]

For example, a man says, “I want to spend all night in prayer (qiyaam al-layl), and never sleep all my life, because prayer is one of the best acts of worship, so I want to spend the entire night in prayer.” We say, this is going to extremes in the religion of Allaah, and this is not right. Something like this happened at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), when a group of men got together and one of them said, “I will pray at night and never sleep.” Another said, “I will fast and never break my fast.” The third one said, “I will never marry women.” News of that reached the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and he said, “What is wrong with people who say such and such? I fast and I break my fast. I sleep, and I marry women. Whoever overlooks my Sunnah does not belong to me.” These people had gone to extremes in religion, and so the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) disowned them, because they overlooked his Sunnah which includes fasting and not fasting, praying at night and sleeping, and marrying women.
The one who is falling short is one who says, “I do not need to do voluntary (naafil) actions, so I will not do them. I will only do the fard actions. He may even be falling short in the fard actions, so this person is lacking.
The moderate person is one who follows the path of the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his rightly-guided successors (al-Khulafaa’ al-Raashidoon).

Another example: three men are faced with an immoral man. One of them says, “I will not greet this immoral man and I will boycott him, keep away from him and not speak to him.”
The second one says, “I will go with this immoral man, greet him and smile at him. I will invite him to my place and accept his invitation. He is just like any righteous man to me.”
The third one says, “I hate this immoral man for his immoral actions, but I love him for his faith. I will not boycott him unless doing so is in his best interests. If there is nothing to be gained by boycotting him, and if that will only increase him in his immorality, then I will not boycott him.”
We say that the first man is going to extremes, the second is negligent and the third is moderate.

The same applies to all other acts of worship and dealings with others. People vary between extremism, negligence and moderation.

A third example: A man is a prisoner of his wife, who directs him as she wishes and he does not stop her from committing sin, or urge her to do good. She has taken over his reason and has become the one who is in charge of him.
Another man treats his wife in a harsh, arrogant and high-handed manner. He does not care about her and regards her as less than a servant.
A third man is moderate in his dealings with his wife, as Allaah and His Messenger commanded.
“And they (women) have rights (over their husbands as regards living expenses) similar (to those of their husbands) over them (as regards obedience and respect) to what is reasonable”
[al-Baqarah 2:228 – interpretation of the meaning]

[The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:] “Let no believing man hate a believing woman. If he dislikes one of her characteristics he will be pleased with another.”

This last man is the one who is moderate. The second one is extreme in his dealings with his wife, and the first is falling short.

The same applies to all other deeds and acts of worship.

Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Rasaa’il li Fadeelat al-Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen, vol. 1, p. 42

IN SUMMARY

Whatever is in accordance with sharee’ah is moderate; whatever exceeds that is extreme and whatever falls short of that is laxity. The standard in all cases is sharee’ah and the meaning of moderation is that which is in accordance with the sharee’ah. Whatever is in accordance with sharee’ah is moderate. And Allah knows best

May Allah grant us understanding!

http://www.isparonline.com/extreme-moderate-and-negligent-muslim-islam-for-muslims/

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Extreme, Moderate And Negligent Muslim. by jejetaiwo(m): 10:19am On Oct 28, 2017
Ma Sha Allah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Extreme, Moderate And Negligent Muslim. by Lukgaf(m): 8:12am On Dec 22, 2017
Rashduct4luv:
Moderate (as an adjective) means average in amount, intensity, quality or degree!

Moderation in Islam means that one does not exaggerate and go beyond the limit set by Allaah, and that one does not neglect it and fall short of the limit set by Allaah.
Moderation in religion means following the example of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Exaggeration means trying to do more than he did, and negligence means not reaching that level.

For example, a man says, “I want to spend all night in prayer (qiyaam al-layl), and never sleep all my life, because prayer is one of the best acts of worship, so I want to spend the entire night in prayer.” We say, this is going to extremes in the religion of Allaah, and this is not right. Something like this happened at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), when a group of men got together and one of them said, “I will pray at night and never sleep.” Another said, “I will fast and never break my fast.” The third one said, “I will never marry women.” News of that reached the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and he said, “What is wrong with people who say such and such? I fast and I break my fast. I sleep, and I marry women. Whoever overlooks my Sunnah does not belong to me.” These people had gone to extremes in religion, and so the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) disowned them, because they overlooked his Sunnah which includes fasting and not fasting, praying at night and sleeping, and marrying women.
The one who is falling short is one who says, “I do not need to do voluntary (naafil) actions, so I will not do them. I will only do the fard actions. He may even be falling short in the fard actions, so this person is lacking.
The moderate person is one who follows the path of the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his rightly-guided successors (al-Khulafaa’ al-Raashidoon).

Another example: three men are faced with an immoral man. One of them says, “I will not greet this immoral man and I will boycott him, keep away from him and not speak to him.”
The second one says, “I will go with this immoral man, greet him and smile at him. I will invite him to my place and accept his invitation. He is just like any righteous man to me.”
The third one says, “I hate this immoral man for his immoral actions, but I love him for his faith. I will not boycott him unless doing so is in his best interests. If there is nothing to be gained by boycotting him, and if that will only increase him in his immorality, then I will not boycott him.”
We say that the first man is going to extremes, the second is negligent and the third is moderate.

The same applies to all other acts of worship and dealings with others. People vary between extremism, negligence and moderation.

A third example: A man is a prisoner of his wife, who directs him as she wishes and he does not stop her from committing sin, or urge her to do good. She has taken over his reason and has become the one who is in charge of him.
Another man treats his wife in a harsh, arrogant and high-handed manner. He does not care about her and regards her as less than a servant.
A third man is moderate in his dealings with his wife, as Allaah and His Messenger commanded.
“And they (women) have rights (over their husbands as regards living expenses) similar (to those of their husbands) over them (as regards obedience and respect) to what is reasonable”
[al-Baqarah 2:228 – interpretation of the meaning]
[The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:] “Let no believing man hate a believing woman. If he dislikes one of her characteristics he will be pleased with another.”
This last man is the one who is moderate. The second one is extreme in his dealings with his wife, and the first is falling short.

The same applies to all other deeds and acts of worship.

Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Rasaa’il li Fadeelat al-Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen, vol. 1, p. 42

IN SUMMARY

Whatever is in accordance with sharee’ah is moderate; whatever exceeds that is extreme and whatever falls short of that is laxity. The standard in all cases is sharee’ah and the meaning of moderation is that which is in accordance with the sharee’ah. Whatever is in accordance with sharee’ah is moderate. And Allah knows best

May Allah grant us understanding!

Copied

cc: Sissie

Jazakumlah Khaeran.

ShaheedBinAliyu and AlBaqir. Hope you read this. Take things easy with your brothers. May Allah grant us better understanding

2 Likes

Re: Extreme, Moderate And Negligent Muslim. by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 8:55am On Dec 24, 2017
Lukgaf:

Jazakumlah Khaeran.

ShaheedBinAliyu and AlBaqir. Hope you read this. Take things easy with your brothers. May Allah grant us better understanding
Moderation is standing with kitab wa sunnah, correcting your brother in islam gently and easily AND BE EXTREME, HARD, DIFFICULT with ahlu bidia(s) . . my brother in islam WILL NEVER GO AGAINST KITAB WA SUNNAH . . AM JUST TREADING THE PATH OF ROSUL, SAHABAH, SALAF, AND AHLU SUNNAH WA JAMMAH. . . they never take it easy with ahlu bidia lailai. . . i will never take it easy elegbe lailai. . DONT YOU KNOW ITS ROSUL THAT THOSE PEOPLE ARE AGAINST? thats why i pity those people that hate jabata. . its n0t jabata that they are against but eri anabi
Re: Extreme, Moderate And Negligent Muslim. by sorextee(m): 4:17pm On Dec 24, 2017
Why u talking like this? So because hes a shiite, that means hes all those adjectives u just mentioned.
If u would say all these bout ur fellow Muslim, how much more a christian?

I keep saying it that most of u guys are so full of hate.
And u want Allah to answer ur prayers, wen u havent purge ur heart from hatred.

Its still strange and absurd why u sunnis and shiites are still fighting one anoda, over an era long gone.

When was the last time u heard a catholic and a pentecostal fighting? We've moved past it. U guys re still in d stone age walahi.

I even read an article on quora with the topic
Are Sunni Muslims allowed to consume food prepared by Shi'ite Muslims?

So let me ask you. Will u eat any food being prepared by Albaqir or any other shiite?

ShaheedBinAliyu:
And please DO NOT write my name beside Albaqir again. HE IS A STAUNCH KAFIR. We have n0thing in common . .he is n0t a muslim. . he is a shite.

4 Likes

Re: Extreme, Moderate And Negligent Muslim. by Nobody: 4:12am On Jan 04, 2018
ShaheedBinAliyu:
Ofcourse i can eat food he prepares, i can work with him or for him, could collect gifts fr0m him, ANYTHING THAT IS OF WORDLY MATTERS . . A MUSLIM COULD RELATE WITH KUFAR . . .AS LONg AS IT COMES TO ISLAM MATTERS, I MUST BE DIFFICULT WITH HIM. . A MUSLIM cant be gentle with a KAFIR . .ALBAQIR is worse than ABU LAHAB, ABU TALIB, DAN FODIO and other kufar . . .shite members are the most filthy, non chalant, enientientifigy, zindiq in ALLAH creation. . even worse than pagans and christians , . . .
why did you call ibn fodi a kaffir?
Re: Extreme, Moderate And Negligent Muslim. by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 2:54pm On Jan 07, 2018
abdelrahman:
why did you call ibn fodi a kaffir?

He's a sufi
Re: Extreme, Moderate And Negligent Muslim. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 07, 2018
ShaheedBinAliyu:

He's a sufi
baba adam was also sufi? so was he also kafir? which type kufr you are talking about?
Re: Extreme, Moderate And Negligent Muslim. by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 3:55pm On Jan 07, 2018
abdelrahman:
baba adam was also sufi? so was he also kafir? which type kufr you are talking about?

Are you saying sufi are Muslim?? Or you mean kufru is a sin and also kufru?
Re: Extreme, Moderate And Negligent Muslim. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 07, 2018
ShaheedBinAliyu:

Are you saying sufi are Muslim?? Or you mean kufru is a sin and also kufru?
yes except those one that associate something with Allah.
Re: Extreme, Moderate And Negligent Muslim. by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 5:55pm On Jan 07, 2018
abdelrahman:
yes except those one that associate something with Allah.
What is your dalil that kufru is divided into sin and kufru
Re: Extreme, Moderate And Negligent Muslim. by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 08, 2018
ShaheedBinAliyu:

What is your dalil that kufru is divided into sin and kufru
go and study type of kufr b4 you came here running your mouth.
Re: Extreme, Moderate And Negligent Muslim. by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 11:36am On Jan 08, 2018
abdelrahman:
go and study type of kufr b4 you came here running your mouth.

Kufru akbar and ashgar.... Which one is sin there? And what's your dalil
Re: Extreme, Moderate And Negligent Muslim. by obafemee80(m): 9:24am On Mar 09, 2018
Thanks for sharing grin

1 Like

Re: Extreme, Moderate And Negligent Muslim. by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 09, 2018
ShaheedBinAliyu:
And please DO NOT write my name beside Albaqir again. HE IS A STAUNCH KAFIR. We have n0thing in common . .he is n0t a muslim. . he is a shite.

All you just read passed right over your head.

That is the harsh extremism referred to.

3 Likes

Re: Extreme, Moderate And Negligent Muslim. by chillychill(f): 10:12am On Mar 09, 2018
Jazakumlah Khaeran bro kiss
Re: Extreme, Moderate And Negligent Muslim. by OnyeOGA(m): 10:29am On Mar 09, 2018
I believe in Muhammad.
I believe in the Pedophiles prophet.
I believe he is a terrorist.
I believe He he is a human trafficker.
I believe he banged Aisha at the age of 9.
I believe!
I say i believe!
I repeat again, I BELIEVE!!!!!!!
grin

4 Likes

Re: Extreme, Moderate And Negligent Muslim. by yusasiv(m): 10:32am On Mar 09, 2018
Criticism and discrimination is pulling us down, if u must worship Allah, do it with a pure heart and stop criticizing sect.... U guys are causing a lot of havoc beyond your purview, beyond what u can ever imagine, to get married and love is becoming more difficult for this sect discrimination seems more or less like racism to me.... Islam in peace... We can't fight for Allah, who are we before the Almighty, stop feeling important over nothing ... Allah knows best... Feel free to run your mouth if this doesn't go well with u
Re: Extreme, Moderate And Negligent Muslim. by yusasiv(m): 10:34am On Mar 09, 2018
OnyeOGA:
I believe in Muhammad.
I believe in the Pedophiles prophet.
I believe he is a terrorist.
I believe He he is a human trafficker.
I believe he banged Aisha at the age of 9.
I believe!
I say i believe!
I repeat again, I BELIEVE!!!!!!!
grin

Whenever u guys set out to go against one another, u are indirectly allowing a slowpoke like this to interfere...
Re: Extreme, Moderate And Negligent Muslim. by yusasiv(m): 10:35am On Mar 09, 2018
oyb:

All you just read passed right over your head.

That is the harsh extremism referred to.

I tire.. Alhamdulilahi for we have a peaceful Prophet (SAW), this people extremism is going out of hand already...
Re: Extreme, Moderate And Negligent Muslim. by aitanofi(m): 3:53pm On Mar 09, 2018
Jazakum Lahu Khaeran. Sincerely, I am sad seeing the so called Muslims labelling themselves as kafir. Would the best of mankind PBUH be full of happiness if he was to be alive?. Where has hatred taken us to? It has rather created more of division, well Allah knows best. Barkah Jumah

(1) (Reply)

How Was The Prophet - Salallaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam - Received In Madeenah...? / Is Giving Gifts During Eid An Innovation (bid'ah)? / Rulings For One Who Is Late For The Congregational Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.