Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Coping With Wet Dreams - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Coping With Wet Dreams (13718 Views)

He Is Married And Has Wet Dreams; Should He Entertain Any Fear? / Faced With Sexual Desires Or Have Wet Dreams & You Are Unmarried?learn From This / Coping With Wet Dream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coping With Wet Dreams by akinsmail51: 4:45pm On Oct 26, 2017
Coping with wet dreams

My question deals with wet dreams, I restrain my self to the best of my abilitiy from pleasuring myself, however in doing so, I get wet dreams, what is the ruling of such, is it haram, what can I do to prevent such, it's quite embarrassing.

Praise be to Allaah.
Allaah has created desire in man and He has commanded His slaves to use this energy in the proper manner, which is marriage for those who can afford it, in order to attain worldly interests such as building families, strengthening society and populating the earth according to the laws of Allaah. Moreover one of the ways which Allaah has created in His slaves as an outlet for this energy is wet dreams. It is a means of expending sexual energy for both sexes. A person plays no role in that, rather it happens as a result of human nature and a person will not be held to blame for that. The evidence for that is as follows:

1 – It was narrated from ‘Ali that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Pen has been lifted from three: from the one who is sleeping until he wakes up, from the child until he reaches the age of puberty, and from one who is insane until he comes to his senses.”

(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1343; Ibn Maajah, 3032; al-Nasaa’i, 3378)

A similar hadeeth was also narrated from ‘Aa’ishah in the four books of Sunan apart from al-Tirmidhi.

This hadeeth was classed as hasan by al-Tirmidhi, and by al-Nawawi in Sharh Muslim, 8/14

A person who is sleeping does not know what he is doing, so he is one of those from whom the Pen is lifted (i.e., his deeds are not recorded). Wet dreams happen when a person is asleep, so they are among the things that are forgiven.

2 – Allaah has in fact made wet dreams [al-hilm] one of the signs of puberty. Hence Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And when the children among you come to puberty [al-hilm]…”

[al-Noor 24:59]

If wet dreams were haraam, Allaah would not have made that a sign of puberty.

3 – It was narrated from Zaynab the daughter of Umm Salamah that Umm Salamah said: “Umm Sulaym came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, Allaah is not too shy to tell us the truth. Does a woman have to do ghusl if she has a wet dream?’ The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Yes, if she sees water (a discharge).’ Umm Salamah covered her face and said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, can a woman have an erotic dream?’ He said, ‘Yes, may your hands be rubbed with dust. How else would her child resemble her?’”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 130; Muslim, 313)

4 – It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was asked about a man who notices some wetness but does not remember having a wet dream. He said, “He should do ghusl.” He was asked about a man who thinks that he had an erotic dream but does not see any wetness. He said, “He does not have to do ghusl.” Umm Salamah said, “O Messenger of Allaah, does a woman have to do ghusl if she sees something like that?” He said, “Yes, women are the twin halves of men.”

(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 113; Abu Dawood, 236)

al-‘Ajlaani said:

Ibn Qattaan said: its isnaad via ‘Aa’ishah is da’eef (weak) but its isnaad via Anas is saheeh (sound).

Kashf al-Khafa’, 1/ 248

In conclusion:

Wet dreams are something natural, and they cannot be gotten rid of. The matter is not as embarrassing as you imagined.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

https://islamqa.info/en/9208

1 Like

Re: Coping With Wet Dreams by Aminu212: 8:04pm On Oct 26, 2017
Can we practice mutah?
Re: Coping With Wet Dreams by akinsmail51: 9:06pm On Oct 26, 2017
Aminu212:
Can we practice mutah?

No, it is forbidden.

Mut’ah or temporary marriage refers to when a man marries a woman for a specific length of time in return for a particular amount of money.

The basic principle concerning marriage is that it should be ongoing and permanent. Temporary marriage – i.e., mut’ah marriage – was permitted at the beginning of Islam, then it was abrogated and became haraam until the Day of Judgement.

It was narrated from ‘Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade mut’ah marriage and the meat of domestic donkeys at the time of Khaybar. According to another report, he forbade mut’ah marriage at the time of Khaybar and he forbade the meat of tame donkeys.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3979; Muslim, 1407.

It was narrated from al-Rabee’ ibn Sabrah al-Juhani that his father told him that he was with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) who said, “O people, I used to allow you to engage in mut’ah marriages, but now Allaah has forbidden that until the Day of Resurrection, so whoever has any wives in a mut’ah marriage, he should let her go and do not take anything of the (money) you have given them.”

Narrated by Muslim, 1406.

5 Likes

Re: Coping With Wet Dreams by Aminu212: 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2017
akinsmail51:

No, it is forbidden.

Mut’ah or temporary marriage refers to when a man marries a woman for a specific length of time in return for a particular amount of money.

The basic principle concerning marriage is that it should be ongoing and permanent. Temporary marriage – i.e., mut’ah marriage – was permitted at the beginning of Islam, then it was abrogated and became haraam until the Day of Judgement.

It was narrated from ‘Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade mut’ah marriage and the meat of domestic donkeys at the time of Khaybar. According to another report, he forbade mut’ah marriage at the time of Khaybar and he forbade the meat of tame donkeys.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3979; Muslim, 1407.

It was narrated from al-Rabee’ ibn Sabrah al-Juhani that his father told him that he was with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) who said, “O people, I used to allow you to engage in mut’ah marriages, but now Allaah has forbidden that until the Day of Resurrection, so whoever has any wives in a mut’ah marriage, he should let her go and do not take anything of the (money) you have given them.”

Narrated by Muslim, 1406.
I think you should go here and clarify them well.

https://www.nairaland.com/4123683/declare-adulterers-rest-peace
Re: Coping With Wet Dreams by akinsmail51: 6:51am On Oct 27, 2017
Aminu212:
I think you should go here and clarify them well.

https://www.nairaland.com/4123683/declare-adulterers-rest-peace

I have seen the thread and read some of misconceptions being shared, in all honesty, I don't have luxury of time to bicker or argue unnecessarily online. The issue is well resolved, temporary marriage was firstly permitted at the outset of Islam but later abrogated and declared prohibited. I don't see any reason why someone will pick up argument on this and start making noises around.

There are many rulings which were previously permitted but later proscribed and declare prohibited. The Lawgivers (Allaah) knows what's the best for His slaves, in all circumstances the slave find themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Coping With Wet Dreams by lelvin(m): 10:16am On Oct 27, 2017
Konji na bastard. Even for dream e go still hold you grin

6 Likes

Re: Coping With Wet Dreams by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 27, 2017
Wet dreams is not wrong for a child undergoing Puberty so no amount of prayers can stop it.

Even the sons of Prophet Mohammed experienced Wet dreams so let's stop all these nonsense

8 Likes

Re: Coping With Wet Dreams by madridguy(m): 10:18am On Oct 27, 2017
Good thread.
Re: Coping With Wet Dreams by biomustry: 10:25am On Oct 27, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Wet dreams is not wrong for a child undergoing Puberty so no amount of prayers can stop it.

Even the sons of Prophet Mohammed experienced Wet dreams so let's stop all these nonsense
Children of hate have started again o, for him mind e get sense, where is it mentioned that prayers do stop them.
Online Nonsense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coping With Wet Dreams by rattlesnake(m): 10:27am On Oct 27, 2017
none of us will be born if not for wet dreams
Re: Coping With Wet Dreams by EmmGee: 11:37am On Oct 27, 2017
Akinsmail51 you shouldn't have posted those photoS. Please remove them
Re: Coping With Wet Dreams by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 27, 2017
QueenOfNepal:

The OP is saying similar things to yours now. You just like coming on thread for Islam and going against it, hain! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Coping With Wet Dreams by mallamabdul25: 2:31pm On Oct 27, 2017
ISLAM IS WRONG IN ALL ASPECTS AND VERY SELFISH, IF NOT WHY ASKING PEOPLE OF OTHER FAITHS TO TAKE AN OATH THAT THEY ARE MUSLIMS BEFORE COMMENTING ON ISLAMIC THREADS WHILE MUSLIMS ARE FREE TO COMMENT ON EVERY THREAD, IS THAT NOT WHAT ISLAM ALL ABOUT?
Re: Coping With Wet Dreams by Shittuakeem(m): 3:04pm On Oct 27, 2017
Salam
Re: Coping With Wet Dreams by Tamass: 6:04pm On Oct 27, 2017
mallamabdul25:
ISLAM IS WRONG IN ALL ASPECTS AND VERY SELFISH, IF NOT WHY ASKING PEOPLE OF OTHER FAITHS TO TAKE AN OATH THAT THEY ARE MUSLIMS BEFORE COMMENTING ON ISLAMIC THREADS WHILE MUSLIMS ARE FREE TO COMMENT ON EVERY THREAD, IS THAT NOT WHAT ISLAM ALL ABOUT?
Honestly, judging from your comment you are really ignorant... was it islam that asked for the rule to be imposed?
Re: Coping With Wet Dreams by amodu(m): 10:52pm On Oct 27, 2017
OP, Illal amom In Sha Allah

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Call People's Names Correctly? / EID Celebration Around The World: (picx) / Firdaus Amasa: A Word Is Enough For The Hijab Haters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.