Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,769 members, 7,806,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? (36586 Views)

Please Help! How Do I Deal With Side Effects Of Skineal? / My Sister Suffers Excruciating Leg Pain Occasionally / Excruciating Body Hotness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Finelinks: 6:06pm On Oct 28, 2017
annyberry:
Dis stuff works.... u can also use wonderful cola
Could you please expatiate?
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by annyberry: 6:10pm On Oct 28, 2017
Finelinks:

mix it with real honey or get mustard seed with black stone mix with real honey....... raw pap and tin milk also helps or golden morn
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by bisi16(m): 6:12pm On Oct 28, 2017
Finelinks:
Please I have been battling with ulcer, indigestion for the past 3 years.
This has adversely affected every aspect of my life and reduced my productivity too.

I have been to hospitals or and done several tests. I have taken treatments targeted at eliminating H pylori, all to no avail.

I used to take antacids and stopped when I got no improvements and also read about the side effects.

I have equally used a few home remedies.
I really want to hear real life experiences of people who have dealt with this before as it's causing me excruciating pains.

Major symptoms include bloating; hotness of the stomach, groin, legs, shortness of breath, excessive release of gas, belching etc.
THANKS.

U need Chlorofil and Alkaline water. Read my contribution on this thread. Hint: start with GNLD people. Good luck.

https://www.nairaland.com/1423578/tips-curing-ulcers-living-healthy/5
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by iliyande(m): 6:12pm On Oct 28, 2017
Finelinks:

Ops I will advise you to totally stay away from sweet things intake while trying to get a proper diagnosis.

Also check your blood sugar level...
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Litmus: 6:13pm On Oct 28, 2017
You'll have to be brave and have fate that I'm not going to make irresponsible suggestions. So here goes, if your doctors have checked for H-Pylori and tests are negative (if positive then antibiotics should solve your difficulties) you'll probably be offered proton pump inhibitors. Don't accept the doctors advice if they insist that Proton Pump Inhibitors alone are sufficient for a H-Pylori Ulser. Antibiotic should be prescribed along with Proton Pumps ( I.e esomeprazole, lansoprazole, omeprazole, pantoprazole and rabeprazole). It is important to understand that those inhibitors in addition to antibiotics can be harsh.

And now for my personal input: If your Ulcer isn't to do with H-Pylori, cut out the prescribed pharmaceuticals such as indigestion Gaviscons and the proton inhibitors. Use the latter only to help you get through a chronic phase. The Gavicons and lansoprazole etc will help you but soon your body will rely on them and eventually they will fail you regularly. To manage your ulcer better and even cure yourself make vegetable juice from any of this or combinations of them: carbage, Beetroot, Carrots, (Tamaric (root not powder). Carbage or Beetroot seem to work the best. In addition, get fit and Finally don't eat after 7pm.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by felixawe(m): 6:13pm On Oct 28, 2017
Pls run test to be sure treat more malaria and typhoid. I had a similar experience, very discomforting and dangerous. I dont evem pray for my enemy to be infected. This is a sample of Blackstone. I wish u quick recovery !

Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by suco01(m): 6:14pm On Oct 28, 2017
First if u feel d pain u can take evaporated milk/ice cream.
Second. flagyl nd gesticid is vry gud also. if u feel d pain use flagyl. gesticid can b carried around nd lick. ulcer is a thing one shd b able to maintain...
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Ebowo(f): 6:17pm On Oct 28, 2017
Pure honey and coconut water
does wonder.I can get you pure honey but I don't know if ur location is far from mine and how urgent u need d treatment
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by geekybabe(f): 6:17pm On Oct 28, 2017
Finelinks:

Do you know what he used specifically apart from lifestyle changes.
I don't drink or smoke.

Take time to read this thread. Ulcer is about lifestyle changes really. Its an old thread..but i can assure you, you will learn a lot on it.
https://www.nairaland.com/1423578/tips-curing-ulcers-living-healthy
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by suco01(m): 6:18pm On Oct 28, 2017
First if u feel d pain u can take evaporated milk/ice cream.
Second. flagyl nd gesticid is vry gud also. if u feel d pain use flagyl. gesticid can b carried around nd lick. ulcer is a thing one shd b able to maintain
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 28, 2017
Finelinks:

Yes sir, especially from the symptoms

Did doctor test you and say you have ulcer?

There are many other diseases with those symptoms.
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by flinder: 6:19pm On Oct 28, 2017
Go get Cemetidine, it's cheap and very effective.
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by willibounce1(m): 6:22pm On Oct 28, 2017
instead of confusing yourself with all these funny people recommending different drugs, why not jejely go to the hospital and explain what your problem is to the doctor. They'll carry out some test and probably scans to know what exactly the problem is and recommend drugs to cure it and also tell you foods you need to stay away from. NL nor be hospital oo
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by akpete: 6:24pm On Oct 28, 2017
I had the problem and tried all the remedy suggested but the pain continued. Then a doctor said I don't have ulcer but indigestion not going well. He recommended NEXIUM ESOMEPRAZOLE 40mg once daily or 20mg twice daily for a month. I got healed gratefully��. It's expensive, cost N8,550 for a pack of 14 tablets. Google it and discuss with a doctor. Goodluck
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by internationalman(m): 6:27pm On Oct 28, 2017
baybeeboi:

My brother. Its the same issue with me, there's nothing i have not tried. Av gone as far as alternative medicine, spent so much on drugs but nothing. Its more like that thing does not have a cure or can not even be surpressed.

The worst of it is the hotness. Sometimes i feel like an alien when the heat starts.

Pls should you get a remedy dont forget to bring it back heee as some of us will do our best too. By God's grace we shall overcome this thing.
Ur miracle is on the way.
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by cuttestprince(m): 6:29pm On Oct 28, 2017
#300 drug will do,contact me via watsap on 07087791848
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by EmmyNimmy: 6:33pm On Oct 28, 2017
Hello my friend, curing stomach ulcer is dependent on both life style and drugs. For life style:
1. Never eat late
2. Avoid alcohol
3. Stay away from carbonated drinks
4 Stay away from fried food

For drugs:
Omeprazole, proton pump inhibitors(PPI's),
Antibiotics(If your test is positive for H.pylori.)

Also you can take probiotics e.g Yoghurt(original one 0oo!) Yoghurt helps to balance the flora content of gut and also could kill the H.pylori.

NB..Stay away from anti-inflammatory drugs like ibruprofen. If you do all these you will be fine.

Let me also add this: Since your intestinal linning is pretty damaged, I would advice u buy Vit C High strength. It is not the normal vit C ooo! You dissolve just one in a glass of water....it wrks like magic...you will come and testify
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by soldierdollar(m): 6:35pm On Oct 28, 2017
somegirl1:

Did you get Omeprazole and metronidazole in Nigeria?

Yes
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by maturemindsonly(m): 6:41pm On Oct 28, 2017
had it last month..
drink milk or honey in the morning, then use any antacid(i used supamag) say 10 minutes before you eat
avoid fried food, spices, pepper, alcohol, cigarette or any form of nicotine

eat on time esp breakfast

you could eat bread n milk.. cut the bread into bits then pour it into milk+water

buy this Gelu C... buy as much as u can.. it'll ease the pain.. na like sweet.. just dey lick am sha

use omeprazole or what's it called , then antibiotics too, stay off pain killers as they contain aspirin and will trigger it.. u can use paracetamol tho... that's all.. should be gone in a week or two sha
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by mhizsuzzy(f): 6:43pm On Oct 28, 2017
Finelinks:
This has adversely affected every aspect of my life and reduced my productivity too.

I have been to hospitals or and done several tests. I have taken treatments targeted at eliminating H pylori, all to no avail.

I used to take antacids and stopped when I got no improvements and also read about the side effects.

I really want to hear real life experiences of people who have dealt with this before as it's causing me excruciating pains.

Major symptoms include bloating; hotness of the stomach, groin, legs, shortness of breath, excessive release of gas, belching etc.
THANKS.

I feel your pains dear
But best advice I will give you is to go to a federal teaching hospital so that test will be done to know the degree of damage. May be the ulcer has bore more.

Cimetidine is a powerful anti ulcer drugs only that it comes with sideeffects like low libido and can affect sexual drive for men, you don't want to hear that....

Antacids are good but are used for lower level of ulcer. Taking a lot of water and not staying hungry as in never be on an empty stomach can relieve the pain but will not heal you.

Answer these, these symptoms you mentioned increased when you have not eating or early in the morning when you wake up.

But it bows down to going to hospital to see the level of damage to know if you may undergo surgery.

Take heart dear, God is on your sides, thousand kisses to you ooh.

It's well

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by TiffanyJ(f): 6:43pm On Oct 28, 2017
Finelinks:

THANKS.

Op, I will suggest you go for Endoscopy test. Some of the symptoms you mentioned can be found a indigestive health issues called 'Hiatal hernia' Endoscopy would get a picture of your stomach and point out if there is anything wrong apart from ulcers
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by justt: 6:47pm On Oct 28, 2017
Op, I can feel your pains having suffered from the symptoms you listed and many more. For more than a year now, I have been having some difficulty swallowing saliva. Just saliva. I don't
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by musco4me: 6:50pm On Oct 28, 2017
Finelinks:

THANKS.

Buy pyrox combi or lansoprazole, antibiotics,gaviscon and flagyl. Dats wat am currently taken. Its either u take pyrox combi only or buy lansoprazole with antibiotics, flagyl and gaviscon
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by mohisd(m): 6:51pm On Oct 28, 2017
Finelinks:

THANKS.

go and get original honey I ment original honey den take it with boiled yam.. u will tank mi within a week
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Gerrard59(m): 6:57pm On Oct 28, 2017
Finelinks:

It gets worse if I have not eaten and reduces after meals.
This alone is more suggestive of it.

Have you undergone an endoscopy? If yes, what was the result?
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by somegirl1: 6:59pm On Oct 28, 2017
soldierdollar:

Yes
Oh ok
Didn't know you could get them in Nigeria.
Did you have a urea breath test or stool antigen test done to detect H. pylori?
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by riyanxeally(f): 7:00pm On Oct 28, 2017
hmmm Nigerian doctors can diagnose rubbish ehhn...thts hw I killed myself wt drugs think my problem was ibs ving to do wt going to the toilet rather than ulcer...pls dig deeper....
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by waltcity(m): 7:05pm On Oct 28, 2017
You can buy 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide. I use to have the same problem. All good now
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Septre: 7:06pm On Oct 28, 2017
Luiz1:
If u're really sure it's ulcer, you can get rid of it with unripe banana - at least one, each night before bed for 2 - 3 wks. Banana forms tiny films that coat the endometria wall. Also, unripe banana has anti-bacterial effects. I got rid of mine that way.

Do you eat it or ferment it with water first. Please explain more
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Finelinks: 7:11pm On Oct 28, 2017
waltcity:
You can buy 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide. I use to have the same problem. All good now

What's the effect? How did you use it?
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Tedassie(m): 7:11pm On Oct 28, 2017
Ever heard of GERD? Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is a chronic digestive disease. it affects the lower esophageal sphincter (LES), the ring of muscle between the esophagus and stomach. GERD occurs when stomach acid or, occasionally, stomach content, flows back into your food pipe (esophagus). The backwash (reflux) irritates the lining of your esophagus and causes GERD.
Both acid reflux and heartburn are common digestive conditions that many people experience from time to time. When these signs and symptoms occur at least twice each week or interfere with your daily life, or when your doctor can see damage to your esophagus, you may be diagnosed with GERD.
Most people can manage the discomfort of GERD with lifestyle changes and over-the-counter medications. But some people with GERD may need stronger medications, or even surgery, to reduce symptoms.
https://www.webmd.com/heartburn-gerd/guide/reflux-disease-gerd-1#1

so in essence,it may not be ulcer per se. Go to a good general hospital,let them perform an endoscopy on you first,the results from that would inform you on what next to do.

cc: Finelinks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Protest in Uniport Teaching Hospital today due to the death of a student / How To Recognize A Stroke And What To Do To Prevent It. / Akwa Ibom Man With Head Cancer Whose Photos Went Viral Undergoes Surgery(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.