Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,764 members, 7,802,336 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? (36554 Views)

Please Help! How Do I Deal With Side Effects Of Skineal? / My Sister Suffers Excruciating Leg Pain Occasionally / Excruciating Body Hotness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by akinsondan: 7:11pm On Oct 28, 2017
oh, i think i understand how you feel, so sorry. happened to a cousin, i think he was asked to look for dried coconut husk, to boil and drink regularly. Hope it works
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Dani9ce(m): 7:23pm On Oct 28, 2017
Please don't go to any hospital. I had gastric ucler before but am fine now. I went to the hospital I nearly lost my life if not for the grace of God. get unripe plantain and slice it in a 5 litre keg with water, don't peel it. leave it for 2 days to soak. then drink for 7 days, first thing in the morning and drink before going to bed. if it doesnt relieve you of ucler keep renewing the herbs every 7 days and keep drinking it for a month it will heal the ucler. Please note that God is the one that heals.
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 28, 2017
Finelinks:
Please I have been battling with ulcer, indigestion for the past 3 years.
This has adversely affected every aspect of my life and reduced my productivity too.

I have been to hospitals or and done several tests. I have taken treatments targeted at eliminating H pylori, all to no avail.

I used to take antacids and stopped when I got no improvements and also read about the side effects.

I have equally used a few home remedies.
I really want to hear real life experiences of people who have dealt with this before as it's causing me excruciating pains.

Major symptoms include bloating; hotness of the stomach, groin, legs, shortness of breath, excessive release of gas, belching etc.
THANKS.
check this thread I created few days ago. https://www.nairaland.com/4132787/people-abdominal-ulcer
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by justt: 7:34pm On Oct 28, 2017
Op, I can feel your pains having suffered from the symptoms you listed and many more. For more than a year now, I have been having some difficulty swallowing saliva. Just saliva. I don't have any difficulty with eating or drinking(sounds strange?).

I have tried a number of drugs and antacids which work for a while but the symptoms always returned. I have always tried to browse on it but many times I'm discouraged from doing so because of many negative reports I get. Many of such reports have said it could be heart attack, angina or even cancer. Though I have done endoscopy and echocardiogram where they said it was ulcer.

However, since the prescribed drugs are not working or not having lasting effect coupled with my hatred for drugs and the pains getting worse, I had to browse again to see if there were people who had had similar experience and overcame and what they did to overcome.

Well I found some helpful tips (just two) which I will say have given me about 40-60% relief.

1. I have stopped taking water with food. Either drink water 30-60 mins before food or after. Make sure you chew your food probably before swallowing. Though many, including doctors have said one major cause of ulcer, aside H. pylori is over production of acid but I'm getting to know that the reverse is actually the case. That's ulcer patient don't really produce enough acid and because the food stays longer in the stomach, it ferments and the gas produced is actually responsible burning sensation in the abdomen. So, taking water with food will dillute the little acid produced.

2. Please and please get rid of any stress from you. This might have come from anxiety/fear. This may be bit difficult but try. I say it may difficult because many of the symptoms are ordinarily things that will alarm you - breathlessness, heart palpitations, burning sensation in the abdomen and others pains. Aside this, also try to reduce your stress level from other sources which may be financial, marital, career-wise, etc. Stress limits your acid production.

In addition, try to eat more living foods such and fruit and vegetables than processed foods.

I'm not a medical doctor but this is the summary of what I have read so far and practised. It has been of help to me and I hope it helps you, too.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Danmaiduguri(m): 7:34pm On Oct 28, 2017
Finelinks:
This has adversely affected every aspect of my life and reduced my productivity too.

I have been to hospitals or and done several tests. I have taken treatments targeted at eliminating H pylori, all to no avail.

I used to take antacids and stopped when I got no improvements and also read about the side effects.

I really want to hear real life experiences of people who have dealt with this before as it's causing me excruciating pains.

Major symptoms include bloating; hotness of the stomach, groin, legs, shortness of breath, excessive release of gas, belching etc.
THANKS.

Mix pure honey and black seed powder. take a 3 teaspoon b4 breakfast, 3 b4 ur lunch, 2 before u go to bed.
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Danmaiduguri(m): 7:36pm On Oct 28, 2017
Jennifer89:
buy mustered seed and black stone. blend the two and mix with original honey. take one spoon three times daily

Black stone!! are u sure its not black seed?
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Danmaiduguri(m): 7:37pm On Oct 28, 2017
Finelinks:
Which is Blackstone please, and have you seen anyone use them?
Black seed.
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by waltcity(m): 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2017
Did the whole therapy. Which is for 23 days.

What's the effect? How did you use it?[/quote]
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by akinsondan: 7:46pm On Oct 28, 2017
akinsondan:
oh, i think i understand how you feel, so sorry. happened to a cousin, i think he was asked to look for dried coconut husk, to boil and drink regularly. Hope it works

hey, just ended the call with the guy, said it worked
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by lulufaj(m): 7:53pm On Oct 28, 2017
Finelinks:

THANKS.

Firstly, I think it is very important you establish the fact that it is indeed peptic ulcer. Going by your description, an ulcer is likely to have subsided at least.

I'd recommend a fresh H.pylori assay and an upper GI endoscopy to establish the diagnosis first.

I once had a similar situation with a patient only for us to discover it was zollinger ellison syndrome. Thank you.

Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Jibwillz: 7:56pm On Oct 28, 2017
following keenly maybe I'll find help too
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Segny(f): 8:01pm On Oct 28, 2017
Found out i have ulcer in the month of june....the thing is something else...i spend #3000 on drugs every 2 weeks
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Anonymous1900: 8:05pm On Oct 28, 2017
Hi,

I hope this helps you guys somehow - so I was diagnosed or should I say mis-diagnosed with stress ulcer as an undergraduate and given the usual dos and donts of no peppery stuff bla bla And milk of magnesia treatments. I actually resolved to manage my condition and had milk and biscuits or something to chew by my bed side in preparation for the excruciating pain that wakes me up every night however when the milk and palliatives stopped working, my fiancée advised I see a doctor.

I saw my gp and explained to him and after the normal tommy pressing he recommended a blood test to check for antibodies of helicobacter pylori. This bug is common in most adults but remains dormant in most cases and in the few cases it’s active we experience the kind of pain you described. The good news is there is a cure and it does not involve surgery but a powerful cocktail of drugs. This drugs can make you feel useless for the week but when you remember what your taking it for, it’s worth it. The downside is that you must complete the dose usually for a 5/7 day period otherwise the bug can become active again and then a different cocktail of drugs is needed. I started feeling better after 3 days but I had been warned sternly to finish the dose and had read some literature instructing Same.
My recommendation is to do a blood test and let them confirm the presence of antibodies for the helicobacter virus and of positive then a dosage of the 5 day cocktail should work .

P.s :this was a personal experience and I finished the cocktail about aug/sept 2013 with no pain whatsoever related to ulcer since then from someone who has pains daily from 2006/7

Hope this helps and you can reach me for more info if needed

Regards
Finelinks:

THANKS.

Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Austineonyeka: 8:05pm On Oct 28, 2017
I have been with ulcer since 2009 but recently I saw a drug that made a big difference. Go look for Pariet
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Cheks5(m): 8:06pm On Oct 28, 2017
If you really want to solve your ulcer problem, the best remedy is to go for original omeprazol 400mg in any pharmacy shop. This omeprazol helps to stop the excess production of stomach acid. It works like magic, once you take it you feel relief after 1 hour. Note forget what people say when they say ulcer is treatable, you have to keep taking the medication until you feel no more pains. Subsequently you can then start taking it once in 1 or 2 weeks. But for now you have to keep talking it until the wall of your stomach heals.
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 28, 2017
I had the same symptoms you stated. Read about Gastro Enteric Reflux Disease or Acid reflux.
Your stomach is producing too much acid.
I brought down these symptoms by changing my diet, please quit fizzy drinks, pepper, fried food. Go on a bland diet for some months.
Never leave your stomach empty. Abeg church fasting will make matters worse!
Take a small cup of raw aloe vera juice (Ever Living) 3 times a day for several weeks, use as an antacid also.
Also drink the water from fermented/soaked (for 3 days) 3 times daily for several weeks.
Most of all, worry less, the stomach is the second nervous system apart from the brain. Anxiety about your condition and stress exacerbates ulcer symptoms.
Do all these and thank me later.
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 28, 2017
Finelinks:

THANKS.

These symptoms don't point to ulcer. Go to a TEACHING HOSPITAL AND EXPLAIN YOUR SYMPTOMS IN DETAIL.
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Joemetry(m): 8:24pm On Oct 28, 2017
osile2012:
Gas could be from excess acid and undigested food. You gut is probably wounded and needs to heal, so your system can produce enough enzymes to digest food.

Take omeprazole to reduce the acid, then take some probiotic tablets to restore your flora.

Find probiotics with billions of bacteria and about 8 different strands.

Go to the pharmacy in shopping malls and get good ones. Try chewable ones from American health.

Chew before and after meals and on empty stomach.

You have to reduce the acid with omeprazole so it does not kill the bacteria before it gets to your intestines.

Note: use nexium omeprazole 40 mg, once daily at the same time.

please how can I get to you sir..?
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by MsFaith: 8:30pm On Oct 28, 2017
Finelinks:

THANKS.

Bro, I had ulcer ending of September and by 2nd week of October, it's gone. Here is how I treated mine, I bought Moko antacid (it's cheap like #250) I took 2 tablespoons after every meal. When my stomach starts hurting, I rush to buy food (as in real food). I eat it slowly as my tommy won't even let me rush it. Then I take the antacid afterwards. Make sure you take your antacid everywhere you go. Make sure you eat when you start feeling the pains. Give it a few days and give me feedback.

This is my testimony of how I overcame ulcer last month /this month. Though I have experienced it before, in my undergraduate days. But this time, I fought it hard because I never want it to come back again. Thanks
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Hahnemann: 8:39pm On Oct 28, 2017
Just check for Superdose herbal capsule, it is taken 2 capsules every night, one bottle will last u for 10days, u take it for 30days and it works like magic for ulcer.

It is initially sold for just #500 but it's up to 1k now bcoz of high demand.

I'm a medical doctor and i av used it successfully to treat a lot of my patient whom antacids couldn't help
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Simpsonrocket(m): 8:46pm On Oct 28, 2017
Finelinks:

Yes
guy just enter a chemist and buy PRAZOCAP or OMEPRAZOLE For N250. Im a living testimony.
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Finelinks: 8:47pm On Oct 28, 2017
Cheks5:
If you really want to solve your ulcer problem, the best remedy is to go for original omeprazol 400mg in any pharmacy shop. This omeprazol helps to stop the excess production of stomach acid. It works like magic, once you take it you feel relief after 1 hour. Note forget what people say when they say ulcer is treatable, you have to keep taking the medication until you feel no more pains. Subsequently you can then start taking it once in 1 or 2 weeks. But for now you have to keep talking it until the wall of your stomach heals.
don't really know how to use the pm.
Could you send me your mail or a message to O9O6829432O

....ulcer thread
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by MistadeRegal(m): 8:48pm On Oct 28, 2017
Finelinks:

THANKS.

Start eating at least 5 bananas first thing in the morning and at night before dinner. You'd glorify GOD like I did.
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by MAYOWAAK: 8:54pm On Oct 28, 2017
OboOlora:
Buy ULSAKIT (a product from EMZOR), works perfectly for chronic ulcer.

100% true. I used the drug after a severe bout of ulcer for 4 months in 2016.The effect was magical.
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Joemetry(m): 9:13pm On Oct 28, 2017
francoray:
I used bitters and normal drugs from Catholic church. You can get it from any Catholic Church. You can also be taken blended fruits

please how can I get to you sir..?

I'm a Catholic and I need this medication for my mum but I don't really understand what you mean...

thanks...
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by fynex(m): 9:26pm On Oct 28, 2017
Finelinks:

THANKS.

Buy unripe plantain
Peel it and slice or dice it
Put it in a bottle (Eva bottle or any other)
Put water and leave it to ferment
Then you drink the water

I had a discussion with someone yesterday on this ulcer thing and he told me that unripe plantain or banana that's not very ripe can be used and that they hell alot,, so you can please give it a try.

Wish you all the best
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by BethRhema(m): 9:27pm On Oct 28, 2017
Ulcer can be effectively managed. Please mind your food intake, food that contain too much fat and protein are the ones that increase the acid level in your stomach thereby causing the wall of the stomach to be injured. Get any brand of Omeprazole use it one capsule everyday and eat well. For the indigestion you can get bicarbonate of soda and you find relief. God heal you
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Joemetry(m): 9:28pm On Oct 28, 2017
9too1:
according to him, you need to carry out test (h pylori) to dictate the type of bacteria that associates to yours.

He is not around, but I will ask him the names of drugs he used when he comes back tomorrow afternoon.

please how can I contact you sir ?
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Snails: 9:31pm On Oct 28, 2017
I was diagnosed of ulcer in 2009, after 4years I thought it doesn't heal. here's the secret on how I got better.
after taking ulcerkit don't miss a single dose.
breakfast is very important even when you are not hungry just force ursef to eat.
do not eat hot food, if you can avoid pepper better but eat food with less pepper.
don't eat late at night.
make you always take antacid along with anywhere you go.
take it whenever you feel heartburn.
You can as well have the liquid solution at home.
drink more water.
take antibiotics when necessary cause that pylori is a bacteria.
this is a practice not a one time solution.
I wish you well and free.
I know what I suffered that's why i took my time to write you this. ulcer is very agonizing illness it's only my enemies I can wish that it's very bad.
Just follow this guideline and be free.
don't listen to those people telling you to eat muster seed and so on. If you need more from me you can call me as I am completely free from it.
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by rhames(m): 9:47pm On Oct 28, 2017
Finelinks:

THANKS.

Forget all these medications that are temporary cures for ulcer. Ulcer's real cure is good food. Eat good food every two to three hours everyday. Drink a lot of Milk or Fresh milk. Ensure that you eat a lot of tubers in your diet because they stay longer in your stomach. Eat a lot of vegetable and spices. Avoid much ground pepper and ginger drink. I have ulcers for the past seven years and that was what I have managed it.
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by ibnzubair(m): 9:51pm On Oct 28, 2017
Finelinks:

THANKS.

Which doctor said it's ulcer and what aided his diagnosis? I'm thinking it's something else. If you don't abuse NSAIDs and have treated for H. Pylori but still having the ulcer. You should probably go for endoscopy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth / How To Get Rid Of Constipation Fast / Seven Diseases Acquired Via MouthAction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.