Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. (23793 Views)

"I Can't Settle For Less. If You Don't Have Money Back Off" - Nigerian Woman / How Lovers Should Settle Their Fight During COVID-19 At Home / Ladies, When You Are Ready To Settle Down, Don't Settle For These Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Toks2008(m): 7:08pm On Oct 27, 2017
MaritzaNL:
To enjoy a marriage, its better to settle for a lover.

Love is very important.

Issokey. Continue searching for a lover.
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 27, 2017
Toks2008:

Issokey. Continue searching for a lover.
I will grin.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Toks2008(m): 5:15pm On Oct 28, 2017
Toks2008:

Wish I could do away with this crazy passion for freelance writing.Let me call mynd44 to see this and decide.

Who are the mods of nairaland asides lalastic...lala?
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by BruncleZuma: 2:12pm On Nov 03, 2017
People that have seen more hotel rooms than Gideons Bible go think say dem be experts...

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Adaumunocha(f): 2:13pm On Nov 03, 2017
Toks goan marry sir
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 03, 2017
Toks2008:

Wish I could do away with this crazy passion for freelance writing.Let me call seen or mynd44 to see this and decide.

I like the ideas expressed in this thread, though it may seem difficult to accept, but many of the stuffs here seems legit.

Nice pic, by the way
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by asawanathegreat(m): 2:14pm On Nov 03, 2017
Make una learn ooooo
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Oyindidi(f): 2:17pm On Nov 03, 2017
Toks2008:

And who love and feeling epp? Go to yaba left and see the result. The bottom line is that by trying to be a great partner, you automatically become a great lover.
You are so right, love doesn't exist.
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by happney65: 2:19pm On Nov 03, 2017
daewoorazer:
This in its entirety is the definition of a 'baby-mama Vs baby-daddy' relationship.

The following points from 5 through 10 save 9 are totally off track.

Davido and Sophia is a perfect example

5. What idea does Sophia have for Davido..she can only murmur and wail from afar.

6. Davido can never go back to lamba Sophia... If she waits, she is on a long thing, perhaps rapture will happen first

7. Sophia is already flaunting her body for the next customer to come while Davido has another babyMama already...none is desired by the other...dunno bout Sophia tho

8. Davido is in no way cautious and as a matter of fact, his irresponsibility increases by d day....

10. Do you think Davido wants to spend time with Iya imade?

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Toks2008(m): 2:19pm On Nov 03, 2017
Jupxter:

I like the ideas expressed in this thread, though it may seem difficult to accept, but many of the stuffs here seems legit.

Nice pic, by the way

Ose padi mi.
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 03, 2017
Toks2008:

Ose padi mi.

Twale. Ko ma lo be

They won't understand, strain isn't involved in these partnerships. There's liberalism, it's a union that forces each party to bring their best to the table. It involves working on projects together.It's fun, it's team work, and it's fun.I love it, it's what i intend doing with one.And with time, the emotions and feelings evolve, and love grows naturally
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 03, 2017
Oyindidi:
You are so right, love doesn't exist.

I hope your husband doesnt know your moniker sha.

I won't join the pleading party

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Oyindidi(f): 2:24pm On Nov 03, 2017
Jupxter:

I hope your husband doesnt know your moniker sha.

I won't join the pleading party
Do I look like I give a fucccck? He do browse with my phone grin

I know why I said that, love do fade at some point in relationship.
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 03, 2017
Oyindidi:
Do I look like I give a fucccck? He do browse with my phone grin

I know why I said that, love do fade at some point in relationship.

Yes, there are lows with love, that's when we need to look at things that interests both parties, do them to occupy, and then we rebound from such low points. So yes, love exists ma. You of all married people should know that, or haven't you experienced those moments. Aha, you know what i mean ryt. Lol.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Oyindidi(f): 2:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
Jupxter:

Yes, there are lows with love, that's when we need to look at things that interests both parties, do them to occupy, and then we rebound from such low points. So yes, love exists ma. You of all married people should know that, or haven't you experienced those moments. Aha, you know what i mean ryt. Lol.
Una like my marriage o, I go host una for my house soon.grin
I've been in it for 10 years by God's grace. I know when I say love doesn't exist at some point. Of course there is love but in this topic of discussion, I agree with my friend Toks2008
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Oyindidi(f): 2:30pm On Nov 03, 2017
Jupxter:

Which moments? grin are you married?
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by ObamaOsama: 2:31pm On Nov 03, 2017
the op is right. if we all keep that in ur mind it will help us,

later the real love will come
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by inotice: 2:34pm On Nov 03, 2017
for those who get easily bored from all the lovey-dovey dramas of the conventional marriage or relationship, this model is the best thing that can happen to their lives.We have emotionally independent people and when these type get into marriage with the average emotional needy man or woman, it always degenerates to irreconcilable differences
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Toks2008(m): 2:38pm On Nov 03, 2017
Even if it never comes,we still remain together if the terms and conditions are continually adhered to withoit that crazy dumb emotional tupsy turvy facade called love and if it ever developes,it will be a mutually benefitting one.
ObamaOsama:
the op is right. if we all keep that in ur mind it will help us,

later the real love will come
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by nacaz4real(m): 2:39pm On Nov 03, 2017
My friend your article makes a lot of sense. Many people would not get the sense this, however, if many people couples can follow these simple principles they'll definitely build stronger relationships. Nice piece for mature minds only. cool
Toks2008:

Don't know if this makes sense.
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by MichaelTLoni: 2:47pm On Nov 03, 2017
Arrant NONSENSE...Use the bible as your final arbiter before you lead people astray.im outta here.
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Evergreat2014(m): 2:54pm On Nov 03, 2017
alexialin:

So because baby mamas are on the rise and some people tend to divorce instead of working on their marriage.
Does not mean we should throw in the trowel and live our private lives like its every day business. Soldier come, soldier go

You may tend to follow the society and where it's menace is pushing you towards.

For me? I ain't following such route at all.

I still have faith I will. Marry well and live long , prosperous and happy with my partner, even if everyone is divorcing.

For me, I can't date a baby daddy, how much more take him serious. And I know there are some men out there, who cannot be with baby mama no matter what.

It's all about choices for yourself, as an individual.

Even in US wey divorce yaapa! And baby mama's and daddy's everywhere there.

Rappers still dey marry, the rich still marries and also the poor and average. They follow it through to the end, hoping they will have a Happy home and be with their loved ones till death do them part.

Some. People still have hope and faith they will get it right, even when majority are failing.

For me, I don't give up. And as a human being, u can't afford to give up to the pressures of society. Hell no!

I usually come and read people's opinions here on Nairalad without quoting. But you actually gave back an excellent reply I can't ignore. Thumbs up. There is still hope after all for humans.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by KINGS100(m): 3:05pm On Nov 03, 2017
doesn't make sense to me. sound like mere business contract, marriage is a more serious endeavor.

the guy way above me have said it all Alexialin
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by inotice: 3:06pm On Nov 03, 2017
for the vast majority, this model is sure to wreck disaster.Most people need constant assurance of love, care and encouragement to be happy and fulfilled in life, Hence a marriage based on mere materialistic and sexual benefit is sure to work against their happiness.The feeling of being wanted with an intense passion in marriage is a secret paramount desire of most women.While a feeling of being an abundant provider and a source of joy demonstrated by a loving partner in marriage, is a secret paramount desire for most men.Therefore a beneficiary partner for marriage is sure to fail the most.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by olabrad: 3:10pm On Nov 03, 2017
Benita27:
You can never be fulfilled...relationship wise, if you find yourself in such a relationship. Going by what you've stated here, the parties involved would be emotionally unavailable 'cause your relationship is transactional which makes it pure business for those involved. It's human nature to want to love and be loved. Imagine yourself in a relationship the lady/guy in question doesn't have an atom of feelings for you, it's best to have a one night stand than getting entangled in such affairs. On this note, I totally disagree with this write-up 'cause it didn't make sense to me.

I like your orientation. Relationship is for sharing love, concern, feelings, desires, affections, companionship, true friendship,etc, and not just for mutual benefit. It turns the purpose of relationship on its head. This so-called partnership is synonymous to having the service of a prostitute to yourself alone. Where is the sense in that? She can as well disappear if a better offer comes by.

I only get annoyed with you when you start promoting the Nigerian (unreasonable) version of feminism. grin
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by wonder233: 3:22pm On Nov 03, 2017
This is a very well written and thought out write-up. I totally agree with the points put forward, the irony of the situation is that this is actually the so-called 'true love' many so elusively desire...but then, only the very thoughtful will decipher.
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Toks2008(m): 3:26pm On Nov 03, 2017
MichaelTLoni:
Arrant NONSENSE...Use the bible as your final arbiter before you lead people astray.im outta here.

Lol! I'm more spiritual than you can ever possibly imagine. All these people writing sermon here have no dotty clue of what a love affair is but only fantasizing. ...if you like preach from now till eternity. ..marriages will continue to crash and lovers will turn to haters so why fool ourselves.

GOD is the only one who can give true love and every human love is 200% business deal..quote me in heaven.

No one gets married to another without a strong reason and when you love with a reason then it becomes selfish and unreliable cos take away that thing and the love fades.

So please continue to daydream about what is right and write a novel on it
..the fact remains that there is no true love out there.

As far as I'm concerned,I will marry a lady that pleases me and I expect her to be with me if only I have what she desires and of course with time,the bond (not love) we form will probably keep us together till death.
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by mgbadike81: 3:41pm On Nov 03, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
lipsrsealed cry sad wink embarassed sad lipsrsealed embarassed i don quit politics. section. .No thanks to Malami,the grass cutter,Danbazu,Daura and co THIEVES.MAKE I try my luck here
add tinubu,ngige,Peter obi,obiano and change your name to ipob are not my enemies.
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Blonchilli(m): 4:04pm On Nov 03, 2017
Toks2008:

Unfortunately ladies keep reading this with emotions attached. What is up there is the ideal way most ladies want their relationship to be cos at the end, they still get a partner like treatment.

With all the sermons in the world,baby mamas are on the rise,divorce is the order of the day so why all the stress...?
I agree with you 100 percent. It's time we accept the fact that emotions fade. Look at male to male relationships, it lasts because they know what they want from themselves. People now rush in and out of relationship/marriages because they don't know what they want
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by omegaRealtoz(m): 4:06pm On Nov 03, 2017
Dear OP. Your write up is so wrong. Because it works for you does not mean it works for another. God that Instituted love is all wise so my dear even if you go into a relationship with these rules as time goes on one of you will still start developing feelings so whats d point. These are keys to loneliness.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Would A Guy BLEACH ? / My Butt Or One Million Naira? People Slam Girl For Putting Her Waist Online / Relationships are Overrated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.