Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,840 members, 7,806,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest (13127 Views)

5 Little Things That Make Him Lose Interest In You. / When Playing "Hard-To-Get" Goes Too Far?! / Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by 1one: 3:48am On Feb 21, 2007
To the ladies in the house, There was this guy you really admired, even though you had not spoken to him, you saw him as someone whom you would like to have as a boyfriend or a husband, you have been having sleepless nights over him waiting for him to ask you out, God answers your prayer, he starts making advances at you, but  following the normal feminine status quo you played hard to get, you continued this habit for 2 months but the guy persisted. but just when you decided that you wanted to call it quit to this cat and mouse game and give the guy a break, the guy stops calling, stops talking to you and totally ignores you, what do you do

2 Likes

Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by bluenubian(f): 3:49am On Feb 21, 2007
jump in river Niger!
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by OmoEko1(f): 3:51am On Feb 21, 2007
move on with your life
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by 1one: 3:59am On Feb 21, 2007
move on with your life?, something tells me that's not a realistic answer, you've started fallen in love with him
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by ikamefa(f): 4:05am On Feb 21, 2007
off pata! and go buck wild on the streets of mushin- olosha grin
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by 1one: 4:20am On Feb 21, 2007
ikamefa:

off pata! and go buck wild on the streets of mushin- olosha grin

honest talk,but mirroring your feelings to him wont be a bad idea, would it? instead of going **** wild on the streets
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by kiki(f): 4:36am On Feb 21, 2007
i know u might be thinkin about a lot of things rite now about y he is not callin u anymore but u will not find an answer to all of that if u do not talk to him. y don't u call me so dat yall can talk and u can find out if he still got that feelings for u don't just jump into conclusions
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by Free(f): 4:45am On Feb 21, 2007
i agree wit Kiki

if he stops callin U
why cnt U call him 2 see whatz up
before U choose to move on or not grin grin
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by ima1(f): 7:17am On Feb 21, 2007
lol no be me say make u play hard to get
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by Bolarge(m): 12:37pm On Feb 21, 2007
Don't tell him anything. .at least not verbally(the chances of makin a big fool of urself is really high dt way.Words have a way of just not comin out right).
Do somethn instead e.g.buy him somn really nice(doesn't have to be expensive but shdn't make u look like a cheapskate).
Send it to him thru a mutual acquaintance of yours(esp one who is down with both of u hittin it off).
If he's still interested,the next knock on ur door will be his.
If he's not;too bad,move on with ur life.
80% of the time he's actually still interested;just suffering from emotional fatigue(chasing hard-to-get babe no be joke o grin) and or bruised ego.
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by iice(f): 1:30pm On Feb 21, 2007
There are many fishes in the ocean grin
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by whitelexi(m): 3:11pm On Feb 21, 2007
iice:

There are many fishes in the ocean grin

Yeah, and every single smells like fish too grin grin
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by Radiant(f): 3:16pm On Feb 21, 2007
lol. .
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by iice(f): 3:17pm On Feb 21, 2007
Well you can always marinate them and take some stink out of them grin
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by whitelexi(m): 3:48pm On Feb 21, 2007
iice:

Well you can always marinate them and take some stink out of them grin

yeah, but they'll still have that fishy aftersmell grin
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by iice(f): 3:51pm On Feb 21, 2007
Well good thing i like fish cheesy
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by whitelexi(m): 3:53pm On Feb 21, 2007
iice:

Well good thing i like fish cheesy

I recommend some 'seven seas cod liver oil' grin
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by iice(f): 3:59pm On Feb 21, 2007
Oh dear, your suggestion comes too late, i have them on my table grin Oya, me i don stop before pesin con vex say i destroy im thread Sorry @ OP
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by nduleme(m): 5:06pm On Feb 21, 2007
If a hard-to-get babe all of a sudden starts showing interest in a guy that had spent time (and most likely money) trying to win her over, such guy may assume that:

(i) she has been dumped by a guy she was initially dating

(ii) compared another guy and new guy and decided new guy is better

(iii) just discovered something about the guy that she finds attractive

Any way you look at it, such a guy may want to get his pound of flesh, that is if he does not have outright hatred for the girl. Yet my advice to such a lady is to place herself in the reach of the guy once again, that should not be difficult for a girl that is about town
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by whiteNkem(f): 1:22am On Feb 27, 2007
first of all i have to be honest and say i can't be very objective in replying this cuz i'd never do this. but still, the woman should try to get in touch with him if the guy is worth it. i mean, it def was her fault! i even admire the guy's endurance to keep on trying for so long,
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by ruffbob(m): 10:52pm On Feb 28, 2007
its sunonds fun 2 me u like a guy and yet u stressed him 4 2mth men girl u don miss ur luck d guy trap don hook anoda fish. wink on a more sorious note try play close 2 him may by greetin him on a regular basis hence seeking 4 atension u neva can tel he may press d continue button. good luck.
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by jgirl3: 10:54pm On Feb 28, 2007
2 months for what? After 3 weeks, i'm in. Afterall how many more sleepless nights can I endure?
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by FactorChic(f): 8:30pm On Mar 06, 2007
There was this guy in my school that I really liked, he was my senior and he was also a new student, I liked him d instant I heard his voice, we were in the school band together although I never talked to him. He played the bass guitar and I sing.

Well I was coming from an after shool tutorial when I saw him walking down the street, I felt courtesy demands dat
I just say hi to him which I did, and he smiled back! I thought to myself (dats a step) lol
the next day in school, i was sitting next to the window and someone pulled my hair from outside, i turned to see it was him, it was as if I won a jackpot, my friends were like Gurl u are too good, u already got the new student's attention.

The next band meeting, he talked to me for the first time and since then, I liked him more than a friend but I didnt make it seem that way, we were friends for a while and we had alot in common, after a while I stopped talking to him as often, well it was part of my plan to get him to be mine. I was always avoiding him, even at band practise, I made him chase after me, i was playing hard to get,

He finally got my full attention and he threw it on me, immediately I said NO and I walked away, from his reaction, I noticed he was shocked, he said he thought I liked him, I said yes but not like that, he kept coming back and I was rejecting him, he tried and tried and when i wanted to give him a chance he got tired

to answer ur question, if he gets tired, I will always remember he once chased after me, i'll make him do it again, believe me I can do that. That's what I did to this guy and in no time he came back wanting for me. I dont know if it actually works fro people, but it works for me!

I mean, if he's the right person, he'll always come back, he'll be around, but if he's juat an ass, the first rejection will just chase him away.

1 Like

Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by lewa(m): 8:39pm On Mar 06, 2007
Hey Fac,
you could be surprised!
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by Bolarge(m): 2:15pm On Apr 27, 2007
@lewa
Word.

I honestly wish we'd have more ladies contribute to this thread afterall it's for them.
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by mohawkchic(f): 2:53pm On Apr 27, 2007
~As much as your scenario is hypothetical in the post,I personally don't see the point of playin hard to get in this suitation at al!!Its SoOoo not relevant!!!

~I  know i really like him,he's asked me out. . . .why would i want to waste time playin hard to get when i should be tryin to get to know how compatible i am w/the bloke?? In this particular instance,it will be totally immature to play hard to get!!!!

~I've posted my opinions on what i think about the "Playin hard to get game" by chicks on a similar post,"Topic: Playing Hard To Get: Is It Really Necessary?"  will find the link  to copy & post later!!!
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by user86666(m): 5:45pm On Apr 27, 2007
mohawk its at https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=50353.msg1065194#msg1065194

FactorChic:

I mean, if he's the right person, he'll always come back, he'll be around, but if he's juat an ass, the first rejection will just chase him away.
What a way to think sad
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by mohawkchic(f): 6:13pm On Apr 27, 2007
Thanks User86666  grin ! Saved me the trouble  wink
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by CrazyMan(m): 6:28pm On Apr 27, 2007
To the ladies in the house, There was this guy you really admired, even though you had not spoken to him, you saw him as someone whom you would like to have as a boyfriend or a husband, you have been having sleepless nights over him waiting for him to ask you out, God answers your prayer, he starts making advances at you, but following the normal feminine status quo you played hard to get, you continued this habit for 2 months but the guy persisted. but just when you decided that you wanted to call it quit to this cat and mouse game and give the guy a break, the guy stops calling, stops talking to you and totally ignores you, what do you do

What you're saying doesn't make any sense.

How can a lady have sleepless night over a guy she's dying to meet?
Then when he finally makes his moves, she begins to play hard-to-get and to make marrers worse, for two months.

Go and re-phrase your statement.
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by whiteNkem(f): 4:28pm On Apr 28, 2007
crazykid:

What you're saying doesn't make any sense.

well the actualy problem here is that sometimes women don't make any sense to men! sleep on that dear!
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 28, 2007
FactorChic:

to answer your question, if he gets tired, I will always remember he once chased after me, i'll make him do it again, believe me I can do that. That's what I did to this guy and in no time he came back wanting for me. I don't know if it actually works fro people, but it works for me!

undecided how old are you?
Re: When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest by ikayy(m): 12:34am On Aug 27, 2007
FactorChic:

to answer your question, if he gets tired, I will always remember he once chased after me, I'll make him do it again, believe me I can do that. That's what I did to this guy and in no time he came back wanting for me. I don't know if it actually works fro people, but it works for me!

I mean, if he's the right person, he'll always come back, he'll be around, but if he's jut an ass, the first rejection will just chase him away.

Even when a guy has a crush on a girl, there is a limit of bullshit he is willin to take from her and believe me, he will not always be there waitin for ya.At a point in time he will surely give up.

As for me, I don't think I'm willin to chase a girl for 2 months.Even if I do, and she turns me down,she would be history even if she starts showing interest later on.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Mothers Day To The Beaurriful Mothers On Nairaland / Help! I Got My Best Friend's Girlfriend Pregnant / Sex With Condom Or Sex Without Condom. Which Do U Practice Most???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.