Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,989 members, 7,799,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

10 Wonderful Health Benefits Of Tiger Nuts - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 10 Wonderful Health Benefits Of Tiger Nuts (5767 Views)

5 Wonderful Health Benefits Of Banga Soup / Do You Like To Eat TIGER NUTS Or Drink It, See The HEALTH Benefit / 16 Health Benefits Of Tiger Nuts Milk- Lets Be Your Supplier.see Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Wonderful Health Benefits Of Tiger Nuts by Psoul(m): 8:46am On Oct 27, 2017
Tiger nuts are one of nature’s super foods. They are high in fibre, highly nutritious and are believed to contain ingredients that can help prevent heart attacks and improve blood circulation. People in North Africa and Spain have been snacking on tiger nuts for centuries, so read on and find out ten of the amazing health benefits of tiger nuts.

1. They are very high in fibre

Tiger nuts are a very rich source of dietary fibre. Over 30% of a tiger nut is made of fibre and that’s more than oats, bran and most vegetables and fruits. We all need fibre to keep our digestive system in good working order, and it call also be an aid to weight loss, by making you feel fuller for longer.

2. They help to control blood pressure

Another one of wonderful health benefits of tiger nuts is that the nuts are high in amino acids, especially one called arginine, which has been shown to be beneficial to those suffering with high blood pressure. Arginine has been clinically proven to reduce blood pressure.

3. They are a good source of magnesium

Tiger nuts are a good natural source of magnesium, which is needed by the body to help with muscle and nerve function and for the proper functioning of the immune system. Magnesium also helps to regulate the heart beat and maintain healthy blood pressure levels.

4. They are a rich source of protein

Protein is a vital ingredient used in the building of muscle, skin and bone, and tiger nits provide a rich source of protein. Tiger nuts are in fact one the best, non-meat, sources of protein that there is.

5. They help regulate blood sugar levels

Another one of great health benefits of tiger nuts is that they help regulate blood sugar levels. The insoluble fibre found in tiger nuts can be of great help to diabetics. Insoluble fibre is important to diabetics, because, unlike other carbohydrates, it does not cause peaks and troughs in the blood sugar levels.

6. Tiger nut milk can be used as a cow’s milk substitute

Tiger nut milk contains no lactose but plenty of calcium, so it makes a great alternative to cow’s milk, for people who are lactose intolerant.

7. Tiger nuts are a good source of Vitamin E

Tiger nuts are also a good source of the antioxidant, Vitamin E, which helps to protect against the damage caused by free radicals in the body. By protecting the body against free radicals, Vitamin E can help prevent both cancer and coronary diseases, as well as slow down the onset of the signs of ageing.

8. They contain the healthy fats

Another one of health benefits of tiger nuts is the they contain the healthy oils that are very similar to olive oil. The oil extracted from tiger nuts consists of around 80% unsaturated fats and only 18% of the cholesterol causing saturated fat.

9. They are a good source of vitamins

Recent studies have found that tiger nuts are brimming with vitamins and minerals. They are a superb source of Vitamins C and E and the minerals, such as potassium and phosphorus. Some yoghurt is now being made with added tiger nut milk, to boost their nutritional content.

10. Tiger nuts are so nutritious; they are being used to fight malnutrition

Tiger nuts are so packed with nutritional goodness that they are being considered as an alternative staple food in some developing countries. A study in Egypt found that tiger nuts are more nutritious and less expensive, than some other staple foods.

Do you know other health benefits of tiger nuts?

Stay happy and healthy!

1 Like

Re: 10 Wonderful Health Benefits Of Tiger Nuts by Ololanla: 8:16pm On Oct 28, 2017
Okay
Re: 10 Wonderful Health Benefits Of Tiger Nuts by toygod2: 7:47am On Nov 03, 2017
Isn't this dabinu?
Date palm or something
Re: 10 Wonderful Health Benefits Of Tiger Nuts by MerxyX(f): 9:28am On Nov 06, 2017
toygod2:
Isn't this dabinu?
Date palm or something
nope.. it's aya in hausa.. aki hausa in igbo.. dont know what the yorubas call it
Re: 10 Wonderful Health Benefits Of Tiger Nuts by toygod2: 10:13am On Nov 06, 2017
MerxyX:
nope.. it's aya in hausa.. aki hausa in igbo.. dont know what the yorubas call it
Thanks
Then obviously, i do not know about this fruit
Re: 10 Wonderful Health Benefits Of Tiger Nuts by Austinkoko1: 1:42pm On Nov 06, 2017
source please
i'd like to quote you in a scholarly publication.
i'll be glad if you provide the link to the study in egypt too.
Re: 10 Wonderful Health Benefits Of Tiger Nuts by Biotics: 10:56am On Nov 08, 2017
The Good Lord in his infinite mercies has revealed to us, the solutions to all types of Cancer, Goiter, Kidney and Liver Challenges.

With God's help, our solution will eradicate all types of cancer especially the early stages of cancer within 3 months without chemotherapy, surgery or radiation, etc.

One of benefits of our solution is that it does not have health side effects.

Please Note this is not one solution cures all. And it is also not FREE.

Therefore quickly contact us for your case.

The Almighty God will surely cure you.

Contact 09096429203 and come and share your testimony.
Re: 10 Wonderful Health Benefits Of Tiger Nuts by Psoul(m): 12:39pm On Nov 13, 2017
Austinkoko1:
source please
i'd like to quote you in a scholarly publication.
i'll be glad if you provide the link to the study in egypt too.

www.beautyandtips.com.
Re: 10 Wonderful Health Benefits Of Tiger Nuts by aliakbormahmud: 4:32pm On Nov 13, 2017
Psoul:
Tiger nuts are one of nature’s super foods. They are high in fibre, highly nutritious and are believed to contain ingredients that can help prevent heart attacks and improve blood circulation. People in North Africa and Spain have been snacking on tiger nuts for centuries, so read on and find out ten of the amazing health benefits of tiger nuts.

1. They are very high in fibre

Tiger nuts are a very rich source of dietary fibre. Over 30% of a tiger nut is made of fibre and that’s more than oats, bran and most vegetables and fruits. We all need fibre to keep our digestive system in good working order, and it call also be an aid to weight loss, by making you feel fuller for longer.

2. They help to control blood pressure

Another one of wonderful health benefits of tiger nuts is that the nuts are high in amino acids, especially one called arginine, which has been shown to be beneficial to those suffering with high blood pressure. Arginine has been clinically proven to reduce blood pressure.

3. They are a good source of magnesium

Tiger nuts are a good natural source of magnesium, which is needed by the body to help with muscle and nerve function and for the proper functioning of the immune system. Magnesium also helps to regulate the heart beat and maintain healthy blood pressure levels.

4. They are a rich source of protein

Protein is a vital ingredient used in the building of muscle, skin and bone, and tiger nits provide a rich source of protein. Tiger nuts are in fact one the best, non-meat, sources of protein that there is.

5. They help regulate blood sugar levels

Another one of great health benefits of tiger nuts is that they help regulate blood sugar levels. The insoluble fibre found in tiger nuts can be of great help to diabetics. Insoluble fibre is important to diabetics, because, unlike other carbohydrates, it does not cause peaks and troughs in the blood sugar levels.

6. Tiger nut milk can be used as a cow’s milk substitute

Tiger nut milk contains no lactose but plenty of calcium, so it makes a great alternative to cow’s milk, for people who are lactose intolerant.

7. Tiger nuts are a good source of Vitamin E

Tiger nuts are also a good source of the antioxidant, Vitamin E, which helps to protect against the damage caused by free radicals in the body. By protecting the body against free radicals, Vitamin E can help prevent both cancer and coronary diseases, as well as slow down the onset of the signs of ageing.

8. They contain the healthy fats

Another one of health benefits of tiger nuts is the they contain the healthy oils that are very similar to olive oil. The oil extracted from tiger nuts consists of around 80% unsaturated fats and only 18% of the cholesterol causing saturated fat.

9. They are a good source of vitamins

Recent studies have found that tiger nuts are brimming with vitamins and minerals. They are a superb source of Vitamins C and E and the minerals, such as potassium and phosphorus. Some yoghurt is now being made with added tiger nut milk, to boost their nutritional content.

10. Tiger nuts are so nutritious; they are being used to fight malnutrition

Tiger nuts are so packed with nutritional goodness that they are being considered as an alternative staple food in some developing countries. A study in Egypt found that tiger nuts are more nutritious and less expensive, than some other staple foods.

Do you know other health benefits of tiger nuts?

Stay happy and healthy!

thanks i love to read about foods tiger nuts
Re: 10 Wonderful Health Benefits Of Tiger Nuts by emilyone(f): 9:26pm On Nov 14, 2017
That's why I love making kunu aya cheesy
Re: 10 Wonderful Health Benefits Of Tiger Nuts by immaq8(f): 9:33pm On Nov 14, 2017
This must be"Ofio"
Re: 10 Wonderful Health Benefits Of Tiger Nuts by ratatis(m): 1:35am On Nov 15, 2017
emilyone:
That's why I love making kunu aya cheesy

I'll love to taste one. cheesy
Re: 10 Wonderful Health Benefits Of Tiger Nuts by emilyone(f): 3:21pm On Nov 15, 2017
ratatis:

I'll love to taste one. cheesy
Its really nice , with lots of health benefits.
Re: 10 Wonderful Health Benefits Of Tiger Nuts by ratatis(m): 9:42pm On Nov 16, 2017
emilyone:

Its really nice , with lots of health benefits.

Would like to be buying it from u.
Re: 10 Wonderful Health Benefits Of Tiger Nuts by emilyone(f): 9:57pm On Nov 16, 2017
ratatis:

In that case, chat me up on WhatsApp
You still got my digits?
Re: 10 Wonderful Health Benefits Of Tiger Nuts by ratatis(m): 2:33am On Nov 18, 2017
OK!

Of course, I do.
Re: 10 Wonderful Health Benefits Of Tiger Nuts by emilyone(f): 2:10pm On Nov 19, 2017
ratatis:

Its also a very good aphrodisiac
Re: 10 Wonderful Health Benefits Of Tiger Nuts by ratatis(m): 12:32am On Nov 20, 2017
emilyone:

Its also a very good aphrodisiac

Wow!!!

(1) (Reply)

Facts You Need To Know About Soft Drinks / I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator / How To Make Owo Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.