Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,665 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation (47758 Views)

Abia State COVID-19 Taskforce Intercepts Car Carrying Bags Of Cannabis / Man Buried With A Well Wrapped Ganja In His Mouth After Dying In An Auto Crash / LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by juman(m): 9:45pm On Nov 09, 2017
One would be surprised to know the number of people smoke weed.
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by konoplyanka: 9:58pm On Nov 09, 2017
Funny enough 98% of weed growers in Yoruba states are delta ibos

1 Like

Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by waveskaaya(m): 10:05pm On Nov 09, 2017
and i will advertise IT grin
Jakumo:
Legalize it
Don't Criticize it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cIePqdz03A

The state of California is raking in ZILLIONS tax revenue dollars paid into public coffers by growers of medicinal marijuana.

Oya, over to you El Presidente. As a former battle solder, we know say you sabi this ting matter.

Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by denjjy(m): 10:36pm On Nov 09, 2017
Ogbese, a small town along owo, Akoko road is believed to have the largest Marijuana plantation in West Africa. That is the common business in the Area.
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by Lalas247(f): 10:37pm On Nov 09, 2017
Chukazu:

but their neighbor(Ondo) is not safe .

if Ondo is on weed,Ogun would feel the ginger

as for Imo,Roacha is already "high"
Lol @ bolded
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by spawnx: 11:08pm On Nov 09, 2017
5000 hectare for weed in Ondo. I have never heard of a farmland growing crops that big in Nigeria. Damn
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by 2nattie(m): 11:14pm On Nov 09, 2017
BUHARIjubrin:
Yoropigs.. ..yoroweeds.
l
No wonder fela the rascal is a legend to them

Mumu dey worry you. Fela is known all over the world. Who know you. Better go play with sand if you no get better talk for mouth. Oponusco
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by Jaeson(f): 11:17pm On Nov 09, 2017
No Northern states. This statistics is 101% wrong.
freakyamanda:
It is known by several names, including marijuana, ganja, Indian hemp, and weed. In Nigeria, it is called Igbo, gbana, kaya, and wee wee in the local parlance. Long regarded for its medical benefits, Cannabis has been abused and used for recreation around the world for a long time. Nigeria has witnessed its own explosion of cannabis abuse in recent times, with young people smoking its green leaves to get high or as the Americans call it; stoned!

In Nigeria, the use of Cannabis is illegal. However, despite its medical and cosmetological benefits, Cannabis remains a menace in the country due to its abundance and tendency to get its users high and addicted. According to the Encyclopedia Wikipedia, Nigeria is the eight largest consumer of Cannabis. The plant is widely grown in the following states:

Ekiti
Widely known as the largest producer of weed in Nigeria prior to 2015, the National Drug Law Enforce Agency (NDLEA) says its sustained crackdown has significantly reduced the quantity of cannabis produced in the state. Nevertheless, 246 tonnes of cannabis were discovered and destroyed in Ekiti in August, 2017

Ondo
The sunshine state is arguably the largest producer of weed in the country. The Benin Ore road has a large concentration of hemp farms, with many bursts by the NDLEA recorded there. On September 25, 2017, media sources reported that the Nigerian army had intercepted and arrested 2 men who were moving cannabis from Ondo state to Lagos at the Owena checkpoint. On October 23, a media report by the Daily Times indicated that the passion for Cannabis farming in the state was leading to deforestation as weed plantation covered over 5,000 hectares of arable land in Ala forest, Akure North Local government. With the discovery of what is arguably the largest cannabis plantation in the world, Ondo State takes over from Ekiti as the largest producer.

Oyo
This Southwestern state is also one of the largest producers of weed. As the NDLEA ramps up its fight against marijuana abuse, Oyo has suddenly fallen under its searchlight. In February 2017, channels TV reported that the NDLEA confiscated over 1,000 kilograms of fresh cannabis seed meant for 2017 planting season in Ogbomoso, Oyo State, while conducting a stop and search. On June 16, 2017, men of the NDLEA discovered 24 hectares of cannabis plantation found at the Gambari forest reserve in Ibadan.

Edo
Like its neighbour to the west, Edo state has a large concentration of cannabis farms. Many of these are located around the border along the Ore-Benin road. In April 2017, the Punch reported that 60 males and 13 females had been apprehended in Edo State with 10,094.75kgs of cannabis between January and March 2016. In August 2017, the NDLEA destroyed over 37 hectares of cannabis plantation worth about 1.7billion naira in Owan East, Owan West, Uhunmwonde and Ovia North-East Local Government areas of the state.

Osun
From discussions among youths on online forums and in hang outs, it is easy to conclude that Osun State produces the highest quality of weed. This is because of the frequent reference to the effect of the so-called ‘Oshogbo weed’, made popular by memes on forums such as Nairaland and Nigeria Adult forum. Like its mother state, Osun produces a great deal of cannabis as reports have shown. As the NDLEA steps up its fight against Cannabis farming, the agency discovered and destroyed 16 hectares of cannabis farm in the state on Oct 4, 2017.

Delta State
Like its neighbour, Edo, Delta State produces a large amount of cannabis. Although, still largely hidden from the authorities, the thriving marijuana sales market in Delta state is one of the largest in the country and there are areas in the state known specifically for the cultivation of the crop. Although, reports of drug bursts are not rampant like in Ondo and Ekiti states, there have been a couple of cases in the last 3 years. In June 2016, the NDLEA destroyed over 100 hectares of cannabis farm in Ndokwa west area of the state.

http://www.todaysecho.com/ganja-havens-six-nigerian-states-high-concentration-cannabis-plantations/
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by mohammedsalisu(m): 12:08am On Nov 10, 2017
Bullhari007:
why them come name it Igbo since thing is Yoruba grass undecided
abeg ask fayose
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by mohammedsalisu(m): 12:13am On Nov 10, 2017
No wonder Fayose be like that
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by Ugbavihi: 12:42am On Nov 10, 2017
Where benue for the list..
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by wtfcoded: 12:50am On Nov 10, 2017
Over here in the east, we are very civilized. Anyway, i get the small tree 4 my balcony.
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by stonemasonn: 1:44am On Nov 10, 2017
menxer:

that is basically our problem: abuse.

i have come to know there are other 'weeds' that opens and enhances the link between the two halves of our brain and other realms of reality, that we ordinarily don't have access to. there is one weed i am experimenting with for lucid dreaming.

as for marijuana, i have discovered a way to better use it than just getting high, add a quantity that won't get you too high to your omelette, better still be on a twice daily dose of vitamin B6. thank me later
Really!! Please gist me more, the stuff has been legalized where I am.
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by vicfajeze: 5:34am On Nov 10, 2017
MaryBenn:
grin Ondo State, Owo is chief
EHINOGBE CONECTION!!!!!
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by Richiest(m): 7:10am On Nov 10, 2017
Legalize it....
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by FroshJaynex(m): 8:09am On Nov 10, 2017
doctorkush:

Why is everything beautiful and in slow motion? Is it raining or why is cloud above only me? Wait,snow in africa? Oh! Just triping... Ow! My voice is incoherent! *inhale*and*exhale* cheesy
Bros na madness u dey mad go so oh. "Before you high pass ur gate calm down oh"
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by brightlinse(m): 8:46am On Nov 10, 2017
Naijacost22:
I don't understand how cigarette is legal and weed is not. We all know cigarette causes Lung cancer and weed just makes you high that's all.
For every Stick of cigarette sold, British America Tobacco makes 10% as royalties and 25% as profit.
So invariably we are dashing the British 35% of the money made from cigarette sale while sucking in cancer. Mean while we have free weed we can smoke and save our foreign exchange. Also they have brain washed us to hate our local non cancer causing weed to start buying the cigarette that cause cancer while dashing them 35% of the money generated. If that is not stupidity, then what is going on?

Edit: For those of you asking if i Smoke, I don't smoke and i don't obstruct the happiness of people especially if their source of joy has little to no negative effect to their life and especially the lives of other people. If i am ignorant , then please tell me when has weed caused problems for anyone.
shocked

Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by Jakumo(m): 8:46am On Nov 10, 2017
If you are still reading this topic, it is most likely because you just got high.

Yeah you. You know who you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by maj007(m): 8:52am On Nov 10, 2017
No wonder.

Now i understand why Fayose behaves rascally.
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by Jakumo(m): 8:57am On Nov 10, 2017
denjjy:
Ogbese, a small town along owo, Akoko road is believed to have the largest Marijuana plantation in West Africa. That is the common business in the Area.

The largest plantation in West Africa ? Even bigger than those in Malawi ? This is a very serious development.

Please, how do I get to the village of Ogbese ?

As an intrepid reporter of good standing, it is my DUTY to see that legendary village with my own eyes, to meet its farmers, and then of course report back via CNN, with details of all I see there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by Bigwig1: 11:03am On Nov 10, 2017
It's a big lie,80% of the youths in North are hook on drugs
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by iamord(m): 9:25pm On Nov 10, 2017
omojeesu:
Marijuana was created by God for a purpose. But it's being seriously abused creating medical, psychiatric and social problems.

But in the US in particular it's medicinal use is being exploited in the management of some conditions including cancer. Some even call it the Sacred Plant.

Increasingly many states in the US are legalizing its use and CULTIVATION. Marijuana Companies are springing up and some are on the Stock Exchange.

Here this resource is wasting and cultivators are villains but tobacco and alcohol are approved for use.

We need to do a rethink and find ways to tap into marijuana's health and economic benefits.

yup .pretty simple ! inhale!!!;exhale!!
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by IamCeazer(m): 7:23pm On Nov 11, 2017
MaryBenn:
grin Ondo State, Owo is chief
Ar u in Owo? Ondo state?
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by lx3as(m): 8:19pm On Nov 13, 2017
Chukazu:

that is not true,has nothing to do with loamy theory.
there are cocoa farms in the East too.
Palm trees that require the very best of loamy soil is found More in the East than in West ,so it about interest

I have been to virtually all the nooks and crannies of the East I have never come across major cocoa farmland except in Cross Rivers: and who tell you they don't grow this stuff there?

1 Like

Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by Chukazu: 7:30am On Nov 14, 2017
lx3as:

I have been to virtually all the nooks and crannies of the East I have never come across major cocoa farmland except in Cross Rivers: and who tell you they don't grow this stuff there?

am from Abia, and it is the biggest cocoa producer outside the South West.do your research

2 Likes

Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by duyilekan98(m): 8:32am On Dec 20, 2017
abeg I dey find where to buy weed for Rumuokoro area of Port Harcourt, better SK, or Arizona, or PawPaw
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by HoracenPete: 9:14pm On Dec 21, 2017
The earlier we see the benefit of this plant for it's medical use as well the monetary gain, the better .!. it's mind blowing to see how Tobacco is not considered illegal yet C.sativa is...
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by freakyamanda(f): 3:31pm On Jul 27, 2018
I honesty support the legalization and regulation of marijuana consumption. many youths are already taking and abusing it. They need to be guided
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by einsteine(m): 11:42am On Dec 04, 2018
Chukazu:

am from Abia, and it is the biggest cocoa producer outside the South West.do your research

This is a lie.

Cross River is the second highest producer of cocoa in the country. Abia does not even register in the production of cocoa.

These are the rankings:

1. Ondo
2. Cross River
3. Oyo
4. Edo
5. Osun
6. Ekiti

These are the only 6 states that produce cocoa in enough quantity to even collect statistics on.

1 Like

Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by Chukazu: 2:40pm On Dec 04, 2018
einsteine:

This is a lie.

Cross River is the second highest producer of cocoa in the country. Abia does not even register in the production of cocoa.

These are the rankings:

1. Ondo
2. Cross River
3. Oyo
4. Edo
5. Osun
6. Ekiti

These are the only 6 states that produce cocoa in enough quantity to even collect statistics on.

I don't dabble into mindless argument. What is your definition of enough quantity ?

You are the statician chief in Nigeria?

There's a difference between cocoa produce and Cocoa export .
In terms of export ,Cross River doesn't even count ,same with Abia... that because exporters usually come from the West to buy up produce from other states and then add up the volume to theirs.

This is an industry am a stake holder in , you can choose to believe what you want.
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by einsteine(m): 2:46pm On Dec 04, 2018
Chukazu:

I don't dabble into mindless argument. What is your definition of enough quantity ?

You are the statician chief in Nigeria?

There's a difference between cocoa produce and Cocoa export .
In terms of export ,Cross River doesn't even count ,same with Abia... that because exporters usually come from the West to buy up produce from other states and then add up the volume to theirs.

This is an industry am a stake holder in , you can choose to believe what you want.

You are lying. What nonsense stakeholder? I get my figures directly from Olam. No one mentions Abia when it comes to cocoa. The cocoa in Ikom alone is more than what is produced in cameroun. I am not surprised. It's the usual chest beating.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocoa_production_in_Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hoodlums Attack Shopping Mall In Ibadan, Fresh Graduate Shot Dead, Many Injured / Woman Stabs Her Husband To Death In Rivers (Photos) / Munachim Onyia Declared Wanted By INTERPOL Over ₦5.3 Billion Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.