Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,705 members, 7,802,098 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Best Operating System For Programming! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Best Operating System For Programming! (761 Views)

Developing An Operating System - What Are The Prerequisites / Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? / Best Operating System For Programming! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best Operating System For Programming! by rahulbali: 2:59pm On Mar 16, 2010
I'll labour under the assumption that you just want to do general entry level programming tasks. Personally, I run with Linux/GCC, some prefer MSVS/Windows; it depends on your experience and interests. If you want to do Windows specific programming tasks, then go with that. Most people go with one of the UNIXes, so as to stick with the ANSI specific guidelines unless otherwise specified, i.e GNU-C, Windows adds a lot of specific Windows API centric things that aren't compatible with other OSes.If you're looking for easy accessibility windowsif you use Java, the OS might not be important ,If you want the best platform for [advanced] programming , Solaris ; there are some great features that don't exist in other OSes such as DtraceIts a shame , Sun is no more ,we'll miss their engineering wizardry

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of A Laptop / Vb.net Solution / Rate My Upcoming Website. Please Get In !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.