Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,884 members, 7,806,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Unable To Access Funds In My Account - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Unable To Access Funds In My Account (2349 Views)

The Money I Paid Into My Account On Friday Hasn't Arrived / N-power Ilorin West People Unable To Do Verification / How To Access The New Opay Loan Of 200,000 Opay. (insider Information) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unable To Access Funds In My Account by Maybelconor: 1:43pm On Oct 27, 2017
Good afternoon all. I need suggestions on how to handle this situation please.
I was unable to withdraw yesterday morning using my ATM card. The message on the machine was that the transaction was invalid, and i should contact my bank. I thought it was a network thing, so i decided to try much later. At night, i tried to make a transfer with the mobile app also tried using quickteller, but i could not. At that point i was alarmed, if it was network issues it definitely should have been resolved so i made up my mind to go the bank this morning.

On getting to the bank, i lodged a complaint and the representative looked up my account, only for her to tell me that my account was "locked" because i opened it as a student and they needed to upgrade my information. I was pissed that such action was carried out without a prior notice but there was nothing i could do than to get the documents required to unlock my account and grant me access to my funds.

I was far away from home, so i called and had my documents scanned to me. She had requested for a passport, valid form of ID card and a utility bill.
upon getting them i rushed to print them out, and joined the long queue at the entrance.
The lady told me point blank that the National ID card slip is not a valid means of identification, and i cannot close my account if i want to. I requested to see the manager, but he or she was not on seat.
I left the premises frustrated.
I don't have a passport, TAX ID card (even though i pay my taxes), or the voters card. And even if i wanted to get any of these documents, it would take ages to process. I explained to her that the account is my primary one, and even my salary account for that matter, but she could do nothing. How do i get out of this situation please?
Why they would not accept the national ID card slip is beyond me. The bank in question is FirstBank

I know a lot of reps are online, just don't know their handles. Please after reading this and you know of anyone that can help, biko please help me.

Pardon me, i didnt know the right section to post this.
Cc Mynd44, lalasticlala
Re: Unable To Access Funds In My Account by Maybelconor: 2:09pm On Oct 27, 2017
Please don't just view and move on. Help me cry cry cry cry
Re: Unable To Access Funds In My Account by Maybelconor: 2:59pm On Oct 27, 2017
Wristbangle i don't know if you can help? I think i came across some of your posts related to this kinda stuff although i'm not so sure
Re: Unable To Access Funds In My Account by wristbangle: 4:29pm On Oct 27, 2017
Maybelconor:
Wristbangle i don't know if you can help? I think i came across some of your posts related to this kinda stuff although i'm not so sure

My brother, I'm sorry to say it's not me that made the post. I think you should call your bank customer service agent.

Regards,
Re: Unable To Access Funds In My Account by Kmartt(m): 12:15pm On Oct 28, 2017
I'm also experiencing this same issue. This FirstBank will see the other side of me on Monday
Re: Unable To Access Funds In My Account by Maybelconor: 1:35pm On Oct 28, 2017
Kmartt:
I'm also experiencing this same issue. This FirstBank will see the other side of me on Monday

what form of ID did you present? painful thing is i havd just recently transferred from another account into this firstbank account due to the way the previous debits me. Now i am stranded, and unfortunately the same account is my salary account.
its quite painful
Re: Unable To Access Funds In My Account by Kmartt(m): 3:02pm On Oct 28, 2017
I just realized this morning. I wanted to transfer cash through the firstmobile app, I was getting series of error response. Even tried to recharge my phone with d shortcode *894#, all but no avail. Anyway, they will see me on monday.
NB: They should have sent me a prior notice text. Backward bank. Mtchew
Re: Unable To Access Funds In My Account by Maybelconor: 3:33pm On Oct 28, 2017
Kmartt:
I just realized this morning. I wanted to transfer cash through the firstmobile app, I was getting series of error response. Even tried to recharge my phone with d shortcode *894#, all but no avail. Anyway, they will see me on monday.
NB: They should have sent me a prior notice text. Backward bank. Mtchew

There was no notice!!! The customer service rep that attended to me even had the guts to ask if i changed my number? I said no. Why i am to pay for their incompetence is beyond me
Re: Unable To Access Funds In My Account by Kufie(m): 12:21am On Oct 29, 2017
Your account was locked because you probably deposited/received over the permitted amount in a single transaction. Happened to me in UBA when I had the freedom savings account. I understand that it's frustrating and upsetting too. About your National I.D slip, it's really not just First bank. Every other bank pretty much rejects it. That goes to show how much shit this country is. Do you have a Twitter account?

If there's a way you can get in touch with me, please do. My neighbor works with First bank.
Re: Unable To Access Funds In My Account by Maybelconor: 10:33am On Oct 30, 2017
Kufie:
Your account was locked because you probably deposited/received over the permitted amount in a single transaction. Happened to me in UBA when I had the freedom savings account. I understand that it's frustrating and upsetting too. About your National I.D slip, it's really not just First bank. Every other bank pretty much rejects it. That goes to show how much shit this country is. Do you have a Twitter account?

If there's a way you can get in touch with me, please do. My neighbor works with First bank.

Sent you a PM Kmartt please let me know how it goes on your end

(1) (Reply)

Coren And Nse Registration / Who Needs Copywriting Services In Nigeria? / Invest In Piggery Earn 70% Of Your Capital Investment Every Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.