Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:38 PM

Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title - Sports (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title (118176 Views)

Anthony Joshua Beats Otto Wallin: Deontay Wilder Outboxed By Joseph Parker(video / Anthony Joshua Beats Jermaine Franklin / Anthony Joshua Knocks Out Alexander Povetkin To Retain World Titles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by kozmicity: 9:27am On Oct 29, 2017
Sanchez01:
Please, is there a Ghanaian boxer man enough to take on Joshua? We are done with Cameroon at this point grin

you like wahala oo... grin ...the thunder wey go fire you still dey recover from recession

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by brilliant5(m): 9:32am On Oct 29, 2017
selfmadeboss:

No, he is an English man. The only Antony that is Nigerian is Anthony amino.
Well Evans is also a famous nigerian
Dont quote me jare.
Hes from sagamu
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 29, 2017
Dreyl:
angry
Why so serious?
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by jonadaft: 9:36am On Oct 29, 2017
ENDTIMEgist:

I have problem with people who lack comprehension, even after adding "I may be Wrong?" you still find it important calling yourself olodo , it is sickening how you lots think.

after this you should try and enlighten me, not vetting your frustrations on me.
Shut up
You know this and you still typed the rubbish.

Is it a badluck you're wishing him or just being stupîd
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Dreyl(m): 9:39am On Oct 29, 2017
trustyshoess:
Why so serious?
Because I'm always serious.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 29, 2017
Dreyl:
Because I'm always serious.
Lighten up
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by oviejnr(m): 10:13am On Oct 29, 2017
sirfee:
The mightier they come,the mightier they fall.

How was your day,man u and Aj are the best.
good morning boss, the stronger they come, we keep taking them down grin cheesy

I've been good and you?

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 29, 2017
Jonathan:

Shut up
You know this and you still typed the rubbish.

Is it a badluck you're wishing him or just being stupîd

you have a problem and I'm not the cause, I won't be able to solve your problems.
Run along frustrated soul and get help from your family because you are psychologically and mentally down. Create a thread on NL and invite us, let's see how we would help ypu .

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by abiolag(m): 10:49am On Oct 29, 2017
AryaSand:

"The Thing" Obviously
Vladmir Putin and Keeanu Reeves.
I wish I can help u to stop loving “The Thing” but it seems u’ve gone beyond human help. Divine help is all that can save u grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Cyberdotman: 10:57am On Oct 29, 2017
Valverde: 'We are lucky to have the best player in the world'

http://www.soccergz.com/valverde-we-are-lucky-to-have-the-best-player-in-the-world/

After Barcelona battled to a win over Athletic Bilbao, coach Ernesto Valverde sung the praises of Lionel Messi once again.

Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde praised the “incredible” Lionel Messi after the star forward helped his side to a hard-fought win at Athletic Bilbao.

Messi struck in the 36th minute before Paulinho sealed a tough 2-0 win for Barca, who were tested at San Mames on Saturday.

The Argentina international had released Jordi Alba down the left before getting on the end of a return pass to net his 12th LaLiga goal of the campaign.

Valverde was again full of praise for the 30-year-old, who has 16 goals in 15 appearances in all competitions this season.

“Messi could have scored another goal if the post hadn’t got in the way, but he’s incredible,” he said.

“He can make the difference at any moment. It was a spectacular goal.

“We’re so lucky that the best player in the world plays for us.”

Barca are four points clear atop LaLiga after winning nine of their opening 10 games, conceding just three goals.

Valverde was relieved to come away with three points against a club he played for and coached.

“It is important to win difficult games. Athletic caused us lots of difficulties,” he said.

“They raised the intensity and the ball spent more time closer to our goal than we got it to theirs. But we have shown why our defensive record is so good.”

http://www.soccergz.com/valverde-we-are-lucky-to-have-the-best-player-in-the-world/
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by jonadaft: 11:04am On Oct 29, 2017
ENDTIMEgist:

you have a problem and I'm not the cause, I won't be able to solve your problems.
Run along frustrated soul and get help from your family because you are psychologically and mentally down. Create a thread on NL and invite us, let's see how we would help ypu .
What a morōn
Jobless assholê
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 29, 2017
Jonathan:

What a morōn
Jobless assholê

My Friend you should be ashamed of yourself cheesy, Can't you write? or only insults that you are taught in school?
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by elyte89: 11:19am On Oct 29, 2017
Carlos takam is a good receiver,he had enough strength to receive those punches and lasted till dt round.he's one for d future
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Ayanko(m): 12:21pm On Oct 29, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]
Aldebaran:
[img]http:///a/img924/9669/0V2oUq.jpg[/img]
JOSHUA,the bigger man with the bigger name, heads into the bout as the overwhelming favourite.The Englishman is unbeaten in his professional career with 19 wins, all coming via knockout.
But will Takam try and unsettle the IBF and WBA 'Super' holder when they take on the all-important staredown?
Anthony Joshua hopes to join Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson as a boxing icon
Idiot Anthony Joshua is a Nigerian not an English man

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by travelpoint: 12:26pm On Oct 29, 2017
Nesso:
Won via points or knockout?
He won via knockout. No doubt in mind, Joshua beat Carlos but the referee stop the fight just too early because Carlos still have energy to go on with the fight. You can see that Carlos was angry with the way the ref stop the match....... Good for Joshua anyway
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by travelpoint: 12:43pm On Oct 29, 2017
[quote author=Ayanko post=61875117][color=#006600][/color][/quote
He is a British man with Nigerian heritage so also his father. The young man said it in interview. He never claimed to be Nigerian anywhere. Watch all his interviews especially pre fight interview between him and Dillian Whyte
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Marvel1206: 12:43pm On Oct 29, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Exactly.
The man protested sef. He wanted to end his record even though he knows he has lost the match.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by sirfee(m): 12:55pm On Oct 29, 2017
oviejnr:
good morning boss, the stronger they come, we keep taking them down grin cheesy

I've been good and you?
I'm great,have a great day...happy new week.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by hinograce: 1:09pm On Oct 29, 2017
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by oviejnr(m): 1:22pm On Oct 29, 2017
sirfee:
I'm great,have a great day...happy new week.
thanks, wish you the same Baba cool
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Sapiosexuality(m): 1:29pm On Oct 29, 2017
Marvel1206:

The man protested sef. He wanted to end his record even though he knows he has lost the match.
Exactly. The ref messed up.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by airmark(m): 1:44pm On Oct 29, 2017
themonk:

Stivern is a good counter-puncher and he has great punching power too. Wilder dominated him in their fight.

You must be joking. Stiverne is very slow and stands like a punching bag.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by manikspears: 1:48pm On Oct 29, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Die? Did you watch the match? To me, AJ was not at his best in the match. His performance was less brutal like it used to be. At no time in the context did Takam behaved like one who'd be easily knocked out. He was literally begging AJ for punches.

Na adrenaline, na after the fight him go know wetin hit am.the ref's decision was the best.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by ndubueze92(m): 2:24pm On Oct 29, 2017
trustyshoess:

Lol okay...why are you telling me?
Just because flowers are now growing on your head, shouldn't make you ignore that...... tongue
trustyshoess:

Lol okay...why are you telling me?
Just because flowers are now growing on your head, shouldn't make you ignore that......
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 29, 2017
ndubueze92:
Just because flowers are now growing on your head, shouldn't make you ignore that...... tongue Just because flowers are now growing on your head, shouldn't make you ignore that......
grin okay
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Pidginwhisper: 2:34pm On Oct 29, 2017
ndubueze92:
Just because flowers are now growing on your head, shouldn't make you ignore that...... tongue Just because flowers are now growing on your head, shouldn't make you ignore that......

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Austinio: 3:20pm On Oct 29, 2017
travelpoint:

He won via knockout. No doubt in mind, Joshua beat Carlos but the referee stop the fight just too early because Carlos still have energy to go on with the fight. You can see that Carlos was angry with the way the ref stop the match....... Good for Joshua anyway
yea dear, ref shouldn't have done that. AJ needs more training oo BC against WBO or WBC champion na then we are going to see a real fight. congrats to AJ
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by shuggah(m): 3:24pm On Oct 29, 2017
lebete3000:

Kai this guy go kill Joshua make I no lie...he has more experience with good age still on his side.
RIP Joshua.
Go and kill joshua urself

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by lebete3000: 4:10pm On Oct 29, 2017
NiRfreak:

AJ was actually scheduled to fight Kubrat pulev and he had been training to match the style and technique of Pulev until he pulled out and and replaced with Takam within a week plus of the fight. Most fighters won't even accept such... You have to know ur fighter and train to match him in advance

You mean Pulev pulled out?
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by airmark(m): 5:00pm On Oct 29, 2017
BluntBoy:

Don't say what you don't know. How can you call a Takam ranked 3rd on the WBC Heavyweight Unlimited as a sparring partner? Yes, AJ was heading for a victory by decision, but there was nothing lenient in his approach. Takam still had the fight in him and AJ's flurry of punches before the ref. stepped in was mostly off target. He was recorded to have registered only a valid hit. But the ref must have thought that Takam was in trouble.

Please, it is very unfair on Takam to call him a sparring partner.

Who recorded it? Though i wanted to see a knock out, but takam had his eyes battered already. Check the gif below and throw away that recording of one valid hit.

[img]https:///media/10-29-2017/VE4QFt.gif[/img]
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by successinlife: 5:55pm On Oct 29, 2017
Takam was interviewed on France 2 today,i took the pictures of him,he couldn't see properly,he was on dark shade to cover his swollen eyes.He was badly pounched yesterday,he's a strong boxer and the fight was better stopped to avoid him slumped,he agreed to Joshua's superiority.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Shows Off His Home. Fans React (Photos, Video) / Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.