Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain (36808 Views)

Catalonia Officially Declares Independence From Spain(pictures) / Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain,madrid Approves Direct Rule / Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by erico2k2(m): 9:17pm On Oct 27, 2017
Yyeske:
You see the problem we have, so many don't read when google is as cheap as crap to read up on the internet but would come online and educate people. Google it and engage me later, read it and understand.
Google what exactly if I may ask,Google the EU constitution?that has more than 2000 pages? ??

Ahaha your brain is fried by these guys bellow I swear. grin

1 Like

Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by Yyeske(m): 9:18pm On Oct 27, 2017
erico2k2:

My brother wetin we go do, Imagine me being asked to show links to waht I was present at grin grin grin,
now Im being asked to speak English,I never knew we speak on NL grin grin grin
You claimed to be in the UK but take a look at your written English, was that how you were taught in the UK? Go read about the constitutions of the EU and Spain in your library then engage me. Even a kid in Benin Republic would write better
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by Yyeske(m): 9:21pm On Oct 27, 2017
erico2k2:

Oga we do not speak English here on Nairaland we write in English language ITK
In your senile attempt to sound cleaver you ended up establishing your true identity!
Go read up as I told you instead of making noise, you know next to nothing but feeling like making noise. UK my foot, Can't even converse in good written English, what a shame!!!
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by Yyeske(m): 9:22pm On Oct 27, 2017
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by seun9303: 9:23pm On Oct 27, 2017
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by Yyeske(m): 9:25pm On Oct 27, 2017
erico2k2:

Google what exactly if I may ask,Google the EU constitution?that has more than 2000 pages? ??

Ahaha your brain is fried by these guys bellow I swear. grin
You claimed to have everything in your library, go read up and engage me.
Assignment for you, read up the EU and Spanish constitutions on secession and mention me.
Google is cheap too
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by erico2k2(m): 9:26pm On Oct 27, 2017
Yyeske:
You claimed to be in the UK but take a look at your written English, was that how you were taught in the UK? Go read about the constitutions of the EU and Spain in your library then engage me. Even a kid in Benin Republic would write better
So you think Im going to bother myself to proofread for the likes of you when Im typing with my mobile phone,ahaha
U got another thing coming.
I dont think you know what a constitution MEANS angry if you do you will know the plain EU constitution is a 400 page Doc,if U add other treaties as they come you will get up to 2000.
I will imagine you asking me to read the British constitution soon!

PS dont mind my spelling cos urs is way out of this world,bring ur argument to the table and stp sounding silly
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by Yyeske(m): 9:31pm On Oct 27, 2017
erico2k2:

So you think Im going to bother myself to proofread for the likes of you when Im typing with my mobile phone,ahaha
U got another thing coming.
I dont think you know what a constitution MEANS angry if you do you will know the plain EU constitution is a 400 page Doc,if U add other treaties as they come you will get up to 2000.
I will imagine you asking me to read the British constitution soon!

PS dont mind my spelling cos urs is way out of this world,bring ur argument to the table and stp sounding silly
Nairalanders, it's obvious to you guys that this one is just an Ajegunle guy forming UK. He knows nothing about the constitutions of the places I told him to read up and not even bothered to try, yet he wants to form for us here but knows nothing
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by erico2k2(m): 9:39pm On Oct 27, 2017
Yyeske:
Nairalanders, it's obvious to you guys that this one is just an Ajegunle guy forming UK. He knows nothing about the constitutions of the places I told him to read up and not even bothered to try, yet he wants to form for us here but knows nothing
Bross go back to your shop,It seems the UK is next to Heaven in your lil world,I dnt know what my location got to do with this argument.
Im still finding it dificult to comprehend How you managed to read a 400 page Doc still you cant quote one simple citation fm the EU constitution for example Art.I-16;ex-Art.11TEU which establishes the new EU policies and military powers.I know this one cos I have worked with Article 1-16
or Article 8 which protects our Human rights.SO which of the Articles are you asking me to read OGA,if U dnt know ask and you shall be told>
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by Yyeske(m): 9:46pm On Oct 27, 2017
erico2k2:

Bross go back to your shop,It seems the UK is next to Heaven in your lil world,I dnt know what my location got to do with this argument.
Im still finding it dificult to comprehend How you managed to read a 400 page Doc still you cant quote one simple citation fm the EU constitution for example Art.I-16;ex-Art.11TEU which establishes the new EU policies and military powers.I know this one cos I have worked with Article 1-16
or Article 8 which protects our Human rights.SO which of the Articles are you asking me to read OGA,if U dnt know ask and you shall be told>
Why not shame me and write good English? You can't write English, no wonder you said you can't go read and understand what the constitutions of the EU and Spain say about secession.
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by erico2k2(m): 9:52pm On Oct 27, 2017
Yyeske:
Why not shame me and write good English? You can't write English, no wonder you said you can't go read and understand what the constitutions of the EU and Spain say about secession.
So the problem now is my English?not the meaning of the EU constitution?
What has the Spanish constitution got to do with the EU one on this argument?
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by Yyeske(m): 9:59pm On Oct 27, 2017
erico2k2:

So the problem now is my English?not the meaning of the EU constitution?
What has the Spanish constitution got to do with the EU one on this argument?
When you are done reading and understanding how countries, groups etc go about their constitutions, please engage me. I'm quite interested of what you know about secession of that of the EU and Spain. Go and write your JAMB and WAEC and improve on your written and spoken English, it will help you alot.
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by erico2k2(m): 10:05pm On Oct 27, 2017
Yyeske:
When you are done reading and understanding how countries, groups etc go about their constitutions, please engage me. I'm quite interested of what you know about secession of that of the EU and Spain. Go and write your JAMB and WAEC and improve on your written and spoken English, it will help you alot.
You are high on cheap weed

Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by goshee: 11:12pm On Oct 27, 2017
sunnysunny69:
Kanu's been copying a little bit of Catalan's style of freedom fight a long time, will he come out of hiding now. Can't believe with all those chest beating of his he ran into a hole.

a typical animal from the pit of the zoo
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by Igboid: 11:44pm On Oct 27, 2017
boostdom:

Considerable scrutiny would also reveal why Kanu went about it the way he did.

Karl Marx had a maxim that "when you are the oppressor/privileged, equality seems like persecution".

It is clear to anyone who has two brain cells to rub together that the beneficiaries of the blatant exploitation in Nigeria would rather die than allow an event that will unsettle their parasitism. United in their exploitation, they cut across the different ethnic groups feasting on the structural debility of Nigeria.

The foundation of legal authority that Nigeria calls it's constitution was not fully drawn by a consensus of inputs by representatives of the people, no, but by the agents of pathetic military exploiters who have poised to continue that imbalanced malfeasance. They have also distorted the balance of the country by awarding the North numerically superior states and population, which are largely unproductive in the grand scheme of things. Now, tell me how Kanu could have successfully pushed his agitation through the parliament? Tell me.

History lends credence to the fact that where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, then that society will always face upheavals.

Good one.
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by boringnigerian: 12:43am On Oct 28, 2017
boostdom:

Karl Marx had a maxim that "when you are the oppressor/privileged, equality seems like persecution".

It is clear to anyone who has two brain cells to rub together that the beneficiaries of the blatant exploitation in Nigeria would rather die than allow an event that will unsettle their parasitism. United in their exploitation, they cut across the different ethnic groups feasting on the structural debility of Nigeria.

The foundation of legal authority that Nigeria calls it's constitution was not fully drawn by a consensus of inputs by representatives of the people, no, but by the agents of pathetic military exploiters who have poised to continue that imbalanced malfeasance. They have also distorted the balance of the country by awarding the North numerically superior states and population, which are largely unproductive in the grand scheme of things. Now, tell me how Kanu could have successfully pushed his agitation through the parliament? Tell me.

History lends credence to the fact that where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, then that society will always face upheavals.

While I agree that the beneficiaries of the current system would not give it up without a struggle, you would also have to agree that Kanu's one-man struggle against the establishment is infinitely more difficult than if, say, he had some of the governors, senators and representatives at both federal and state levels on his side. Sure, most of the South East's regional leaders are benefiting from the current status quo but what makes a good leader is the power to convince and cut good deals. Offer them something they can't refuse and see them join you in the twinkle of an eye, putting at your disposal their resources, connections and even ideas. By going on this struggle without them, however, he has set himself up to be viewed as an lone ranging seperatist element bent on causing chaos in the region and the country at large. If the people's regional elected representatives were on his side however, then even the international community would view the secession struggle as a people's thing and not one man trying to divide a country.
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by boringnigerian: 12:49am On Oct 28, 2017
boostdom:

@bolded, that is exactly why I said he needs the backing of the South East's elected representatives at all levels. As I mentioned in my previous reply, if they publicly show support for the cause he is championing, then it would be easier to get the international community to put pressure on the legislature and executive at the federal level to grant their request or at least come to some sort of agreement with them. As far as the law, both local and international, is concerned, the representatives are the voice of the people. Any other voice is just speaking for itself.
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by Igboid: 11:54am On Oct 28, 2017
The Basque wanted and still wants independence from Spain.
I'm surprised while Catalonians had not found it fit to team up with the Basques and together harmonize a double pronged assault on the fabric of Madrid "unity by force " wickedness.
The Basque were skinned alive and left by Madrid years ago for their violent campaign for independence from the wicked evil iron hold of Spain, the Catalonians watched them and did nothing.

How often are we too shortsighted to see the bigger picture?

If Catalonians worked hand in hand with Basque, and they both declared this independence together, the job will be harder for Madrid.

Be that as it is, my support is with Catalans, I just pray and hope the pro Spanish unity greedy and treacherous fifth columnists amongst the Catalan ranks don't wreck their independence boat and get it sinking very fast.

It is hard to conquer a united people, and easier to conquer a people with traitors in their midst.

The whole freedom seeking, self determination yearning people, from different parts of the world eyes are on Catalonia.
They (Catalonia) represent the fight of good against evil, the fight of the oppressed against the oppressors, this their fight has a global impact, as many self determination seeking groups will be inspired and energized by their success , while many oppressors and "unity by force" enforcers will be emboldened in their wickedness, should Catalonia fail.
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 28, 2017
Igboid:
The Basque wanted and still wants independence from Spain.
I'm surprised while Catalonians had not found it fit to team up with the Basques and together harmonize a double pronged assault on the fabric of Madrid "unity by force " wickedness.
The Basque were skinned alive and left by Madrid years ago for their violent campaign for independence from the wicked evil iron hold of Spain, the Catalonians watched them and did nothing.

How often are we too shortsighted to see the bigger picture?

If Catalonians worked hand in hand with Basque, and they both declared this independence together, the job will be harder for Madrid.

Be that as it is, my support is with Catalans, I just pray and hope the pro Spanish unity greedy and treacherous fifth columnists amongst the Catalan ranks don't wreck their independence boat and get it sinking very fast.

It is hard to conquer a united people, and easier to conquer a people with traitors in their midst.

The whole freedom seeking, self determination yearning people, from different parts of the world eyes are on Catalonia.
They (Catalonia) represent the fight of good against evil, the fight of the oppressed against the oppressors, this their fight has a global impact, as many self determination seeking groups will be inspired and energized by their success , while many oppressors and "unity by force" enforcers will be emboldened in their wickedness, should Catalonia fail.

They better look the other way because Catalonia will not get any independence.
By the way, my family and friends want our own country too. Can we have a slice of your village?
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 28, 2017
boringnigerian:

@bolded, that is exactly why I said he needs the backing of the South East's elected representatives at all levels. As I mentioned in my previous reply, if they publicly show support for the cause he is championing, then it would be easier to get the international community to put pressure on the legislature and executive at the federal level to grant their request or at least come to some sort of agreement with them. As far as the law, both local and international, is concerned, the representatives are the voice of the people. Any other voice is just speaking for itself.

I had ignored your replies but I deem it as disrespectful to you, so....

Please, in your free time, have the decency to peruse the requirements to amend the constitution, which is required to reflect the right to secede. You will realise the structural imbalance institutionalised by the military and you will also realise that international pressure is useless concerning the constitution of a country.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/law/how-can-a-constitution-be-amended/136959.html

I am not Igbo but I see the dialectic in Kanu's methods.
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by boringnigerian: 1:26pm On Oct 28, 2017
boostdom:

I had ignored your replies but I deem it as disrespectful to you, so....

Please, in your free time, have the decency to peruse the requirements to amend the constitution, which is required to reflect the right to secede. You will realise the structural imbalance institutionalised by the military and you will also realise that international pressure is useless concerning the constitution of a country.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/law/how-can-a-constitution-be-amended/136959.html

I am not Igbo but I see the dialectic in Kanu's methods.

Look, I know that getting a secession through the constitutional methods is an almost impossibility. However, as I said, Kanu needs the regional leaders to speak on his side so the international community can recognize his agitation as a people's cause and not a personal cause. When I say regional leaders, I mean the elected representatives and government executive members in and from the South Eastern region he is agitating for.

The thing is that the leaders of other countries are also worried about the possibility of a section of their countries also asking for a secession so they wouldn't lend support to any secession agenda in another country especially when such agenda does not have the support of the leaders of the region in that country so as not to give people in their own countries any funny ideas. Kanu needs the South Eastern elected leaders publicly on his side so all and sundry can recognize his struggle as being pushed by the people and not just himself.
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 28, 2017
boringnigerian:

Look, I know that getting a secession through the constitutional methods is an almost impossibility. However, as I said, Kanu needs the regional leaders to speak on his side so the international community can recognize his agitation as a people's cause and not a personal cause. When I say regional leaders, I mean the elected representatives and government executive members in and from the South Eastern region he is agitating for.

The thing is that the leaders of other countries are also worried about the possibility of a section of their countries also asking for a secession so they wouldn't lend support to any secession agenda in another country especially when such agenda does not have the support of the leaders of the region in that country so as not to give people in their own countries any funny ideas. Kanu needs the South Eastern elected leaders publicly on his side so all and sundry can recognize his struggle as being pushed by the people and not just himself.

These South Eastern leaders you keep mentioning are earning the reward of keeping their people under subjugation. They are like the "house negroes", they revel in the exalted position of keeping their people in bonds.

If you understand the requirements for constitution review as you claim, you will see that Kanu requires 2/3 state houses of assembly, the two legislative chambers and the president to assent it. That is 24 states. To put it in perspective, the South (SS, SE, SW) do not have the numbers. Are you then suggesting the North who won't even agree to devolution of power, restructuring or regionalism? These are people who have the Central purse to thank for whatever measure of development they can point to now.

Is it not sobering that all the African states that have broken away to form their country were as a consequence of war? Draw your conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by Igboid: 7:17pm On Oct 28, 2017
Mindfulness:

They better look the other way because Catalonia will not get any independence.
By the way, my family and friends want our own country too. Can we have a slice of your village?

"Will"? That's a big word to use.

Unity by force will never work, it can only last for a while. It took Catalonians centuries to get this far, and they won't stop pushing until they succeed.

If you and your family are not seeking to create your own country by slicing off your own lands, but are rather on the look out for my village, doesn't it say everything about the mindset of you and your friends?
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by Nobody: 12:17am On Oct 29, 2017
Igboid:

"Will"? That's a big word to use.

Unity by force will never work, it can only last for a while. It took Catalonians centuries to get this far, and they won't stop pushing until they succeed.

If you and your family are not seeking to create your own country by slicing off your own lands, but are rather on the look out for my village, doesn't it say everything about the mindset of you and your friends?

Yes, it does, as much as it says about Catalonians trying to take land from the Spanish. wink
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by Igboid: 7:05am On Oct 29, 2017
Mindfulness:

Yes, it does, as much as it says about Catalonians trying to take land from the Spanish. wink

You mean Catalonia land doesn't belong to catalonians, but to the Wicked Spain seated in Madrid?
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 30, 2017
Igboid:

You mean Catalonia land doesn't belong to catalonians, but to the Wicked Spain seated in Madrid?

As much as California belongs to Californians and all Americans. In the same way Catalonia belongs to Catalonians and all Spanish people. wink
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by oyatz(m): 2:34pm On Aug 16, 2021
AngelicBeing:
Hian, you have started again with your analysis, l am the new Ambassador of Nigeria representative in the Catalonia, I accept Biafra, Arewa, ijaw, oduduwa, ijaw, Itshekiri, urobho passport, visa and passport fee is 6000 Euros and you will get 50years multiple entry visa tongue

Why did MASSOB stop selling Biafran International Passports? It used to be common in Ebonyi State around 2023.
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by AngelicBeing: 4:05pm On Aug 16, 2021
oyatz:

Why did MASSOB stop selling Biafran International Passports? It used to be common in Ebonyi State around 2023.
Hian, 2023 ke, we are still in 2021 na, like seriously shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Derek Chauvin Sentenced To 22.5 Years For Murder Of George Floyd / Former Pakistan PM Imran Khan Shot In Leg ‘in Assassination Attempt’ / A Town In US Elects Goat And Dog As Mayor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.