Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,278 members, 7,780,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:09 PM

Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode (23755 Views)

Nigeria's Independence, A Pure Hypocrisy / How Nigerian Army Made Biafran Independence A Success / Nigeria Independence A Celebration Of 57 Years Of Slavery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by Throwback: 1:06pm On Oct 28, 2017
emi14:

Why do you still want continued integration of south east in Nigeria? They are rebels. They are confusionists and related crime oriented. Why would you associate your life and that of your dear generation with terrorists Biafrans? I need your candid enlightenment.

My very simple question.

Has the SouthEast leadership asked to be separated from Nigeria, just like the Scots, Catalans and Kurds have done?

I mean leadership even as low as the local government level?

I cannot be debating a matter that is yet to exist.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by blackbeau1(f): 1:11pm On Oct 28, 2017
Nigeria must be fair to all to survive . True.
As for Biafra, until their oga resurfaces and tells us where he ran to when the going was rough , there's no point debating something that's non existent.
Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by tojahh(m): 1:12pm On Oct 28, 2017
loveth360:
yoruba muslim fighting our christian brother,we christians are with fani-kayode on this,be fair to all if nigeria must remain as one.

I don't know what you're saying...

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by Throwback: 1:14pm On Oct 28, 2017
blackbeau1:
Nigeria must be fair to all to survive . True.
As for Biafra, until their oga resurfaces and tells us where he ran to when the going was rough , there's no point debating something that's non existent.

Indeed the federal government over the years have failed in their responsibilities, also the state governments.

We cannot be debating over a separation when no recognised entity has requested for such.

When IPOB is tired of being irrelevant, it will embrace the democratic path to their claims to regional leadership and representation.

Only then can Nigeria begin to consider what is being demanded, by who, and on whose behalf.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by Proffdada: 1:22pm On Oct 28, 2017
waternogetememy:

I wont waste my time with u, becos from now till eternity, ur stupidity will never fail.

U think ur feeling will stop Biafra or me from seeking freedom? Never!
even catalonia is not yet recognised internationally. Sit there and be ridding on bianca ojukwu's gigolo wild imaginations grin

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by godox2(m): 1:33pm On Oct 28, 2017
ffk again
Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by godox2(m): 1:38pm On Oct 28, 2017
itsdumebi:
Former minister of Aviation, Chief Olufemi Fani-Kayode has warned the Nigerian government over the recent declaration of Catalonia as an Independent country.

On Friday, Catalonia declared its independence from Spain, a move that has sparked mixed reactions all over the world.  FFK warned that those who believe that the ideas of 'Oduduwa' or 'Biafra' are dead are just being naive.

He wrote on Twitter;

"The declaration of Catalonia as an independent nation from Spain serves as a warning to Nigeria. Those that believe that the ideas of Biafra or Oduduwa are dead are naive.Far from being over the dance has just begun.Nigeria MUST be fair to ALL if she is to survive as one nation."

https://politicsngr.com/2017/10/28/biafra-catalonias-independence-warning-nigeria-fani-kayode/

what is your definition of fair FFK? If it swindle to your side it's ok. otherwise not ok.
In the North there is a state with 250 langs, how will you be fair to them?
Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by Nightwolf1: 1:38pm On Oct 28, 2017
Yyeske:
I know you are about to call me afonja or aboki as usual but FYI, I'm a proud Awka son and my opinion counts.

You still think that terrorist group is still relevant, try another waka waka or protest under its name and report to nairalanders about your experience.

When the US branded ISIS, Al Qaeda terrorist groups, was Nigeria's opinion requested so why must we seek theirs?

Continue believing your fake news about forceful immunisation

Today u are from awka tomorrow u are from omambala.. Dude man up and bear ur father's name. Yoruba man claiming Anambra cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by WaffenSS(m): 2:01pm On Oct 28, 2017
Independence that's not recognized by anyone outside Catalonia?
Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by peacemara54(m): 2:11pm On Oct 28, 2017
check my signature
Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by mechanics(m): 2:13pm On Oct 28, 2017
This man that has been in the corridors of power and has benefitted immensely from Nigeria as an entity suppose to be championing one Nigeria not supporting the country to separate.
Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by peacemara54(m): 2:14pm On Oct 28, 2017
hmmmm
well, check my signature
Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by Giovannialonso: 2:15pm On Oct 28, 2017
tojahh:
Shatap FFK... Are you for Oduduwa or Biafra say it now. Let no one come and be hiding under false umbrella while displaying Nnamdi Kanuic behavior hia o. Let's know where you stand so we know which of the python new release album you will like to dance with.

You don dey cause confusion now, when e set I no wan hear another Usian Bolt o like the delietor o.
The man is just saying the honest truth, you are quoting him wrong. Guns and chemical weapons can only delay freedom fighter but cannot stop freedom.
Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by Leez(m): 2:17pm On Oct 28, 2017
itsdumebi:
Former minister of Aviation, Chief Olufemi Fani-Kayode has warned the Nigerian government over the recent declaration of Catalonia as an Independent country.

On Friday, Catalonia declared its independence from Spain, a move that has sparked mixed reactions all over the world.  FFK warned that those who believe that the ideas of 'Oduduwa' or 'Biafra' are dead are just being naive.

He wrote on Twitter;

"The declaration of Catalonia as an independent nation from Spain serves as a warning to Nigeria. Those that believe that the ideas of Biafra or Oduduwa are dead are naive.Far from being over the dance has just begun.Nigeria MUST be fair to ALL if she is to survive as one nation."

https://politicsngr.com/2017/10/28/biafra-catalonias-independence-warning-nigeria-fani-kayode/
ndi yoruba(bcuz tbh even d fulanis are not so hot about ds one nigeria thing)
pls just pls give me one valid reason and what u have in common with igbos that makes u lot so hot about one nigeria
just one
Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by Leez(m): 2:22pm On Oct 28, 2017
Throwback:

My very simple question.

Has the SouthEast leadership asked to be separated from Nigeria, just like the Scots, Catalans and Kurds have done?

I mean leadership even as low as the local government level?

I cannot be debating a matter that is yet to exist.
why do u think no one arrested kanu or bothered him till PD
See ds is politics its very tricky
u dnt expect oda EU countries to come out openly and back catalonia cuz spain is a major EU player and it will bring sanctions and counter sanctions
Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by GaggleNSwallow: 2:26pm On Oct 28, 2017
[s]
Yyeske:
Please don't bring Ndigbo into your hate speeches, restrict it to your terrorist group for better clarification
[/s]
But you're not Igbo. So, mind your own business.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by Meritocracy: 2:26pm On Oct 28, 2017
Ffk never get medicine for his mouth diarrhoea.
Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by kikake: 2:58pm On Oct 28, 2017
waternogetememy:

People like u were the ones using constitution to justify slavery.

An idea whose time have come cannot be stopped by constitution.

Catalonia is an example of that. Stay tuned and open ur ears to happening in Catalonia.

Learn from it becos Nigeria is next.

That Throwback mugu didn't know that Spain's Constitution was drawn up by all Spanish groups and political parties including Catalonia representatives in a democracy, and subjected to a popular referendum.

On the other hand, Nigeria's Constitution was supervised by military dictators from northern part of Nigeria, and was not subjected to any referendum, hence not binding on any Nigerian separatist group like Biafra or Oduduwa in their own referendum and ultimate declaration of independence with total separation from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 28, 2017
waternogetememy:

People like u were the ones using constitution to justify slavery.

An idea whose time have come cannot be stopped by constitution.

Catalonia is an example of that. Stay tuned and open ur ears to happening in Catalonia.

Learn from it becos Nigeria is next.

what do you people really gain in decieving unaselves ... the guy yu quoted made perfect sense ... ordinary python dance kanu disappeared,, nigeria military one corner dance will put a region to extinction ... #learn
Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by tojahh(m): 3:00pm On Oct 28, 2017
Giovannialonso:
The man is just saying the honest truth, you are quoting him wrong. Guns and chemical weapons can only delay freedom fighter but cannot stop freedom.

Still don't understand what you're saying sir.
Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by Blonchilli(m): 3:02pm On Oct 28, 2017
Throwback:

I already defeated you with my very sane and logical argument, referencing the legitimacy of the Catalan ambitions as opposed to the delusional ambitions of a terrorist group that is not recognised as representing anyone.

IPOB cannot stand a sane argument because your demands are already flawed from the root.

Is IPOB a democratic representative of the SouthEast that already have a democratic and constitutional government and representation?

Has any local government, or state government requested for separation?
Has any state assembly from the SouthEast raised any motion talkless of passing a motion requesting for separation?
Has the SouthEast not got legislators at the national assembly, who can talk and make any demand that represents the wishes of their constituency?

Dude, IPOB is a joke, and the sooner you stop comparing that joke to a regional government of Scotland, Catalonia or Kurdish Iraq, the sooner you will realise that a joke is meant for humour.

So I laugh in IPOB.
Sometimes I wonder how these people think. FFK, Kanu and co are only using Biafra to stay relevant in politics and get money. If anything breaks out these men will run out of the country. And who told him Catalonia referendum was approved. US, UK, Spain and the UN opposed it. Unlike Brexit that was approved by the British government Catalonia is not. So the igbos and their e-warriors better wise up. These men are only using our head. I wonder when the youth in Nigeria will take matter into their hands than rely on these fat belly thief's. Gone are the days when politics were ran by young men in their late 20s and early 30ss. Our youth now are more concerned with turn up and booze. No wonder that block head is typing rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by kikake: 3:10pm On Oct 28, 2017
Throwback:

Who has requested for a separation in Nigeria?

If an autonomous democratic regional government that is recognised has failed, is it a joke group that will succeed?

Wishful thinking, that's all that comes out from your thought process.
You see millions of Biafrans daily asking for Biafra. But all you rely on is that the tiny set of Biafrans who are Eaters from the rot of Nigeria have yet to ask for Biafra in Nigeria's parliament.
You don't see that if the Eaters from the rot of Nigeria who claim to represent Biafrans ask for restoration of Biafra in Nigeria's parliament, they will be shunned or even have stones thrown on them by the parasitic set of Nigerians.

At one point, the UN shall be constrained to order for REFERENDUM ON BIAFRA. That's how smaller countries emerged from big but dysfunctional countries like Nigeria.
Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by kikake: 3:14pm On Oct 28, 2017
ericsmith:

what do you people really gain in decieving unaselves ... the guy yu quoted made perfect sense ... ordinary python dance kanu disappeared,, nigeria military one corner dance will put a region to extinction ... #learn

You suffer worse self-deceit with your belief that soldiers shall forever sustain one Nigeria for parasites through killing off dissenters and separatists.

You foolishly believe that Nigeria army shall for too long remain the instrument of the Sokoto/Kanem Bornu empire, as it is now.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 28, 2017
waternogetememy:
It will be Catalonia, Biafra and Scotland.

These three are at the final stages of Right to self determination.

I know, Yorubas think they can rely on Northern coercion to keep Igbos in bondage.

Buhari and certain South East Governors have cases both in US, ECOWAS, AU AND ICC.

Biafra is even more serious than the other two, becos Nigeria escalated matters with iron fest approach causing death.

Actually, Scotland had a referendum vote 2 years ago and majority of them voted against Scottish independence. The only person making noise is the first minister Nicola Sturgeon.
Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by Throwback: 3:16pm On Oct 28, 2017
kikake:

That Throwback mugu didn't know that Spain's Constitution was drawn up by all Spanish groups and political parties including Catalonia representatives in a democracy, and subjected to a popular referendum.

On the other hand, Nigeria's Constitution was supervised by military dictators from northern part of Nigeria, and was not subjected to any referendum, hence not binding on any Nigerian separatist group like Biafra or Oduduwa in their own referendum and ultimate declaration of independence with total separation from Nigeria.

So are you saying that Catalonia is now going against a constitution it helped to create?

I repeat, if you have any demand, channel it through your constitutional and democratic representatives and regional government.

If you are scared of your own regional leadership, then do you expect to be listened to by the center?

Stop this unhealthy delusions.
Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by arsenal33: 3:17pm On Oct 28, 2017
Spylord48:
Lol. Catalonia is much more organized than Biafra. They have a regional government, greater autonomy, a parliament,a regional president, They have control over some ministries, even a regional police force but what do Biafra have? Nothing!!! That Why Ipob should have formed a political party and put their lo leaders into various elective post.Anybody dreaming of Biafra with this current structure on the ground is really day dreaming.
And they have a map
Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by kikake: 3:23pm On Oct 28, 2017
Blonchilli:

Sometimes I wonder how these people think. FFK, Kanu and co are only using Biafra to stay relevant in politics and get money. If anything breaks out these men will run out of the country. And who told him Catalonia referendum was approved. US, UK, Spain and the UN opposed it. Unlike Brexit that was approved by the British government Catalonia is not. So the igbos and their e-warriors better wise up. These men are only using our head. I wonder when the youth in Nigeria will take matter into their hands than rely on these fat belly thief's. Gone are the days when politics were ran by young men in their late 20s and early 30ss. Our youth now are more concerned with turn up and booze. No wonder that block head is typing rubbish

The EU, Spain and others couldn't approve Catalonia's referendum because in a democratic environment in 1978, Catalonia's representatives and political parties participated in drawing up, voting for and approval of Spain's present Constitution; and the constitution was subjected to popular referendum to all Spaniards who voted and adopted the constitution.

In Nigeria, military dictators from the north progressively organized constitution conferences, supervised the conferences and approved Nigeria's present constitution, which was not subjected to any referendum before the dictators imposed the constitution upon all in one Nigeria. Therefore, Nigeria's constitution is not binding to any group going for separation referendum.

When ignorant people or House Niggers talk, like you do ....
Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by gidgiddy: 3:27pm On Oct 28, 2017
Throwback:

You reason like an anarchist who continues to wonder why the democratic and civilised world is not interested in your barbarism.

A people already have democratic representation. Is that too hard to percolate through your stubborn head into you brain?

Do you expect a democratic world or democratic UN or AU or EU or US or UK or Russia, to have any regard for a usurper group that is appealing to democratic graces to defeat an already democratic sovereignty? That there is democratic representation means there already exist the concept of self determination.

If Nigeria was not practising democratic government, any group can begin to advocate for the people. As long as there is an inclusive democracy in practise and there is democratic representation already existing, any other group claiming to speak on behalf of the people are just making noise and must be put down and decimated.

Why exactly is IPOB so insistent that only they will be rogues when Scotland and Catalonia and Kurdish Iraq demands are being championed by the recognised leadership of the people in question?

Are you then surprised that only IPOB has been described as a terrorist group that is threatening the public peace and established democracy within their own society?

When IPOB or other secessionist are tired of fooling around aimlessly, they will follow the democratic path to recognised leadership of their people then as a government, push for whatever they want to achieve, with either a positive or negative outcome.

Stop being a hypocrite and reason like you have a brain for goodness sake.

Balderdash!

The people may indeed have democratic representation but the Biafra supporters are not about the democratic institutions of Nigeria. They are not about Nigeria, period.

What the Biafran suppprters are about is the reversal of an illegal colonial exercise that was carried out in 1914 called amalgamation which saw the lumping of the Biafrans with 'strangers' without the consent of anyone.

The real usurpers of the peoples mandate to self determination is anyone who believes in the illegal union of Nigeria. If there was any justice in this world, Britain and Nigeria should apologise to Biafrans and pay them compensation for holding them and their lands captive since 1914 in the name of a colonial idea called Nigeria.

As I said before, it is not a must that the Biafran supporters must follow the path of Scotland or catalonia to get a referendum.

Using East Timor as an example, East Timor was a province of Indonasia, however, they agitated until the Indonasian government and parliament decided to give the people a referendum and East Timor became independent in 2002. It is not a must that a sepratist organisation must join the political process of the country in which they want to leave.

The IPOB agitation is actually working. Even the Arewa youth while issuing their quit notice also urged the Government to give Biafrans a referendum.

IPOB is not a terrorist organisation. An organisation with no arms and little or no record of violence cannot be a terrorist organisation as has been affairmed by the USA and the EU

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by Blonchilli(m): 3:35pm On Oct 28, 2017
kikake:

The EU, Spain and others couldn't approve Catalonia's referendum because in a democratic environment in 1978, Catalonia's representatives and political parties participated in drawing up, voting for and approval of Spain's present Constitution; and the constitution was subjected to popular referendum to all Spaniards who voted and adopted the constitution.

In Nigeria, military dictators from the north progressively organized constitution conferences, supervised the conferences and approved Nigeria's present constitution, which was not subjected to any referendum before the dictators imposed the constitution upon all in one Nigeria. Therefore, Nigeria's constitution is not binding to any group going for separation referendum.

When ignorant people or House Niggers talk, like you do ....
The constitution is not the matter here but swallowing what FFK and co are saying without thinking. And I'm not Hausa for your information. Go learn manners, keyboard warrior will do you no good
Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by kikake: 3:36pm On Oct 28, 2017
Throwback:

So are you saying that Catalonia is now going against a constitution it helped to create?

I repeat, if you have any demand, channel it through your constitutional and democratic representatives and regional government.

If you are scared of your own regional leadership, then do you expect to be listened to by the center?

Stop this unhealthy delusions.

Yes, Catalonia went against the constitution it participated with rest of Spain in a democracy to prepare in 1978, and voted for, adopted through referendum.

That's why it is having the obstacles from rest of the world.
No body voted in a referendum for Nigeria's constitution which was supervised by northern soldiers unarguably carrying AK47 rifles and dictating to the drafters of the constitution who the dictators either appointed or s(elected.

Regional leadership?

You know truly well that Nigeria was politically restructured by northern military dictators and gave undue political over-representation to the northern region, therefore, any southern politician who does not sing the tune of northern Nigeria's political class is automatically sieved off from Nigeria's political process.
That's how it's difficult for any political representatives from the south to go to Nigeria's parliament to ask for referendum or separation.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by kikake: 3:44pm On Oct 28, 2017
Blonchilli:

The constitution is not the matter here but swallowing what FFK and co are saying without thinking. And I'm not Hausa for your information. Go learn manners, keyboard warrior will do you no good

What FFK was saying is informed by his knowledge of how Nigeria's military constitution of today came about.

FFK was talking to well-informed Nigerians, not to parasites and House Niggers who don't understand a damn thing.
Re: Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode by lebete3000: 3:48pm On Oct 28, 2017
itsdumebi:

He wrote on Twitter;

Actually love that guy's blue checkered shirt with white collar. Wish I knew where I can get it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen: Why We're Yet To Send Soldiers To Benue, Taraba, Others - DHQ / Imo Police Kill 4 Suspected IPOB/ESN Members, Charms, IEDs Recovered / Tinubu Considers Oronsaye Report, May Merge Govt Agencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.