Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,857 members, 7,806,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Phone Gurus. Please Help A Brother - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone Gurus. Please Help A Brother (485 Views)

Redmi 9t (phone Gurus Needed Here) / Phone Gurus, Should I Buy This Phone? The Price Is Too Good To Be True. / Tech Gurus Please Help! #10k for Reward!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phone Gurus. Please Help A Brother by NevetsIbot(m): 5:52pm On Oct 28, 2017
i downloaded one google.provisions.com app not long ago.... and turns out it was a malware app. it took over my screen with unnecessary ads. restarts my phone every time and downloads applications without my permission

my phone might suddenly go blank and reboot... while its still booting... it goes blank again and reboots... on and on like that.

then it took took over my keyboard and the middle part of my screen. some parts won't just click even though the touchpad is fine.

thing is... it made itself a device admin... i removed it from device admin and uninstalled it and deleted the apk file. the stupid app installed itself again. i just suddenly saw a pop up. com.google..... installed.

I've formatted my phone severally.... even hard reset... the app still remains there.

how do i get rid of it please.

NB. my phone isn't rooted

seun lalasticlala and mynd44.... e dakun... epp me
Re: Phone Gurus. Please Help A Brother by kenny1795(m): 6:36pm On Oct 28, 2017
Your village people app be that
Re: Phone Gurus. Please Help A Brother by Marvel1206: 6:56pm On Oct 28, 2017
Try to use lucky patcher to remove the app from system app. Then leave and don't delete, see if it improves. If it doesn't, total flashing might be the only option you have.
When you mentioned 'hard reset' do you mean the normal phone wiping or the format done through recovery mode?

You can also try freezing the app with lucky patcher
Re: Phone Gurus. Please Help A Brother by Nastydroid(m): 12:54am On Oct 29, 2017
just flash a stock rom
Re: Phone Gurus. Please Help A Brother by Nobody: 1:29am On Oct 29, 2017
Nothing can remove it unless u do a clean install
Re: Phone Gurus. Please Help A Brother by MarkWayne89: 2:59pm On Oct 31, 2017
You should be able to get rid of that app if you perform a factory reset.
Re: Phone Gurus. Please Help A Brother by iammolahs(m): 3:46pm On Oct 31, 2017
factory reset won't work.. your phone is affected by monkey virus,,just go and flash it
Re: Phone Gurus. Please Help A Brother by Sheun001(m): 5:51pm On Oct 31, 2017
kenny1795:
Your village people app be that
I swear the stuff got me rotfl grin

(1) (Reply)

Ex / Check Out The New Alcatel Idol 5 / Here Is The Infinix Zero 5. Is It Made Of Gold?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.