Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America (179946 Views)

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (71) (Go Down)

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 9:25am On Oct 29, 2017
KaLuCh:
Stop kidding, it all depends on the individual. I have a friend that prior to completing his 4 year course built a 2 storey apartment, sent his dad a late model pathfinder, has car, lives in a good apartment from 3k dollars monthly salary. First he saved to buy a taxi, drove it after school hours.

You can live on a thousand dollars a month in the states, rent inclusive. It depends on the individual, I have a friend in London that works in her dad's company, earns thousands of pounds monthly but complains that it's not enough all the time. When she came to visit me in Accra, she ate KFC everyday, transport to every place on uber, I saw why money is never enough for her.
Only those who don't have health insurance can live on $1,000. It is impossible. Even feeding will eventually top $200, your shared rent $400, transport, phone, internet, auto insurance etc.. all you see in your account is ACH withdrawal. Most times you are overdrawn. Sorry..impossible

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by onatisi(m): 9:25am On Oct 29, 2017
Greenville990:
Well I have seen bank executives and managers alike relocate to the USA.

The issue really isn't about how much you earn. But how comfortable you are.

The less risk of losing the little you have to bribe FRSC, police, lastma.........

Or being robbed off your belongings in traffic

The risk of being beaten by soldiers in traffic

The several juju using scammers

Being arrested falsely by police

YOur car getting bashed by a danfo, the conductor is ready to fight you if you complain

Civil servants threat you like rubbish when you wanna go get documents.

The list is endless jare....
God bless you. These are the reasons many ppl left naija . Naija na trouble ,it isnt about the money but quality of life been lived

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 29, 2017
Chascop:
OP, this is really funny.

well, I won't write much but I'd like to tell you something.

I'm 25 but I live so so comfortable here. Infact, before i got my GC, I was doing some menial jobs(my first 13 months here), I know how much I saved and I know how much I invested. Now, I'm looking forward to becoming a citizen in few months to come and you know what it means, more better jobs that pays so well, so get your facts right. You should be comparing lazy Nigerians here with Naija bank managers and not the hardworking ones.

Now, I can comfortably tell you that I have a solid 5 bedroom dublex in my home town. I'm not so rich and never poor but I sleep like a baby.

Infact, EgunMogaji must hear this.

That's the spirit...The lazy hustlers, wake up and do nuffin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by gidjah(m): 9:25am On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:
It will take an American hustler 20yrs to save for a 20% downpayment for a house. Thats just 40kusd for an average $200,000 house. It will take him another 30yrs to pay back the loan of $160,000 excluding interest. Thats 50yrs to own a single house. Enough time for even a bricklayer and shoemaker to build two houses in Nigeria
u are right my broda, forget all this jew men talking high about an American expensive economy, we have pals, kids and families there too.some of is had leave when few reality dawned on us. Owing a house in Europe is like building an ocean in d sahara,very possible but can take a life time.how many true Americans actually have a fully paid house of theirs(even in d lowest brow areas?)

7 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by del5545(m): 9:25am On Oct 29, 2017
Wa gbayi my broda,tell that person and let him know the truth.there is future in america than nigeria.u can ask whst ikeja electricity are doing for people's transformer now,they are deloading people's light from transformer cos they want to use force to collect money for old bills of light we didn't use expecially their crazy bills of light we didn't use.anyway its' well with my country.quote author=NONNYG post=61866197]OP , I totally understand that there's no place like home. But the way you make your point doesn't worth it, yes most of these guys in America do menial jobs yet they have built duplexes and has many Landed properties in Nigeria, this is called investment wise. Oh, you think they spend all their money in the states? Again I never saw where you mentioned social amenities like constant power supply, good road, health facilities, water etc. At least they pay tax and enjoy what the money is being used for. Please don't be biased in your judgement. Thanks[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by remi1444: 9:26am On Oct 29, 2017
airsaylongcon:

And 1.2m is a lot of money? I know a company that pays this to Graduate Trainees
what's the name of the company is it a Nigeria based firm? am inquisitive...lolx
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by darlenese(f): 9:26am On Oct 29, 2017
otokx:

2 bedroom flat in PH is 500k at least.

it depends on the location .
there are 600k houses In warri , we also 2 bedroom of 180k .good ones . it all depends on the location and facilities .

5 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 29, 2017
Okwute001:
my friend, go and sit down joor!.. I was educated there, lived there, seen it..infact, their passport still dey my box the rust. I can't remember the last time I saw it. The only thing good about those guys is that they know how to package themselves.. They all live in debt!..
Really? man! you sound like their financial adviser, and knows all their bank balances grin

14 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by TUBLEZ(m): 9:27am On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:
$200 rent in America? This post was made because of people like your friend. He must be staying in a dog cage
wen u decided not to live like OBO u will make it.. He has roommates and that's his own rent per month.. Now u understand

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 9:28am On Oct 29, 2017
SIRTee15:

Please where in Benin....
Except u are talking of one room self contain...
I don't stay in benin but I know for a fact! I stay in Ajah and pay 300k for a two bedroom

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by deariekay(m): 9:28am On Oct 29, 2017
NONNYG:
OP , I totally understand that there's no place like home. But the way you make your point doesn't worth it, yes most of these guys in America do menial jobs yet they have built duplexes and has many Landed properties in Nigeria, this is called investment wise. Oh, you think they spend all their money in the states? Again I never saw where you mentioned social amenities like constant power supply, good road, health facilities, water etc. At least they pay tax and enjoy what the money is being used for. Please don't be biased in your judgement. Thanks
no

On point. They pay tax and enjoy what the money is being used for. Do you really understand what it means to have light alone? Nigerians need one tin first while other things follow. LIGHT. With that alone many problem solved.you earn N1m as a banker do you know how much goes on fuelling gen.suffering and smiling.hmmmmm how many people get the bank job tell me na,now that most organizations are closing down in Nigeria.it is only in Nigeria they will be asking a 23 years old graduate for 5 years experience.iranu.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by yansky(m): 9:29am On Oct 29, 2017
justwise:
grin grin grin grin

Nice to see a thread where like minded Nigerians gathered together to lie to themselves.

Brother I just tire. It almost feels like it is another america and Nigeria they are talking about. So myopic way of thinking.

3 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by KingRex1(m): 9:29am On Oct 29, 2017
Where is MrCork
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by orobs93(m): 9:29am On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:
calm down. In delta and benin city you can even get a three bedroom for that amount

with muds and black out and useless security everywhere men there is no basis for this argument I rather pay for services rendered

4 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:
It is the plain truth. It is impossible to save 10kusd annually in the united states, even those with a paying job of $75,000 cant save that much. Do you know what it means to have $100,0000 in cash in america? 85% of americans dont have it and i am even talking about first class citizens

What really happened to you

4 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Starkid3010(m): 9:32am On Oct 29, 2017
NONNYG:
yes they enjoy what they pay for, unlike 9ja even when transformer blow, bill go still dey count
Please Wait O
In America If U Work For 1hour U Get 10$ If U Work 4 12hours Datz 120$ . 120$*30=3600$ Permonth Den Convert It To Naira 1330000# Chai
U Gt Dis Only As A Menial Jobman
Talkless Of Doing Professional Work
Mr man Please Think Twice
There Are A Lot Of People Out There Making There Cool Money
Stop Deceiving Urself

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by watchindelta(m): 9:33am On Oct 29, 2017
gypsey:
why should they save? for what exactly? oyibos are not like Africans with 3 jobs, they are not interested in suffering like africans. YOLO!
yep they luv enjoyment. Friday to Sunday it normal flaxing grin. Africans na World Cup for savings.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by InvertedHammer: 9:33am On Oct 29, 2017
MsNas:

I swear. Anybody who lives in America and debates with him/her is not well. I totally cackled when OP says it takes us 20 years to save for a downpayment grin grin
/
Even if it does, so what? Some people erroneously believe that mansions and money in the bank are all life is all about. Most of the ones doing menial jobs and struggling are under the shackles of family responsibilities in Nigeria. The ones who turned their backs to Nigeria are doing much better.

There is a massive unemployment and underemployment (for the lucky ones) in Nigeria. The bank managers in Nigeria and other wealthy folks are doing well and love life in Nigeria which is why they make sure their children are born outside of Nigeria. The OP wrote as an outsider. She is not a bank manager neither does she live in US. So she chose to take a blind stab at two lifestyles she has never lived.
/

23 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 9:33am On Oct 29, 2017
Greenville990:
Well I have seen bank executives and managers alike relocate to the USA.

The issue really isn't about how much you earn. But how comfortable you are.

The less risk of losing the little you have to bribe FRSC, police, lastma.........

Or being robbed off your belongings in traffic

The risk of being beaten by soldiers in traffic

The several juju using scammers

Being arrested falsely by police

YOur car getting bashed by a danfo, the conductor is ready to fight you if you complain

Civil servants threat you like rubbish when you wanna go get documents.

The list is endless jare....
Any bank executive who relocates to the US. is a complete slowpoke, unless he stole hundred of millions from the bank. Come on man

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by gidjah(m): 9:33am On Oct 29, 2017
oglalasioux:

That amount won't get you a room self con in Abuja, Lagos or PH which can't even measure with any city in America in social amenities. Stop the exaggerations. Do you even live in Nigeria? This country is hell and you are here talking trash from statistics you got from the Internet.
Bros wt 250k as a salary in fct u can do a lot na,convert 250k into dollars and see for ye self if some one in d UK collecting such can helpbhim/ her self as much u can over here in naija!.how many nations of this world have u been to ur self? Have u done research about accommodations and standards of living in such places?.at least I have been to about 5 African nations and outside of Africa too, I can authoritatively tel u naija helps u to be a better manager Dan most of dem!

3 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by seniorkachion(m): 9:33am On Oct 29, 2017
justwise:

Two bedroom flat in which village in Nigeria?

I live in a suburban town 30 minutes drive from umuahia and l pay 7k for a newly built 2 bedroom flat. Front and back doors are both steel. Parlour 14x12,dinning 8x10,bedrooms 10x11,kitchen same,bathroom 7x6.8 aluminum windows ,front outside has German floor but no fence. I earn 60k,my wife 30k.

6 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by talk2emma: 9:34am On Oct 29, 2017
NONNYG:
OP , I totally understand that there's no place like home. But the way you make your point doesn't worth it, yes most of these guys in America do menial jobs yet they have built duplexes and has many Landed properties in Nigeria, this is called investment wise. Oh, you think they spend all their money in the states? Again I never saw where you mentioned social amenities like constant power supply, good road, health facilities, water etc. At least they pay tax and enjoy what the money is being used for. Please don't be biased in your judgement. Thanks

Don't mind op
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by otokx(m): 9:35am On Oct 29, 2017
seniorkachion:

I live in a suburban town 30 minutes drive from umuahia and l pay 7k for a newly built 2 bedroom flat. Front and back doors are both steel. Parlour 14x12,dinning 8x10,bedrooms 10x11,kitchen same,bathroom 7x6.8 aluminum windows ,front outside has German floor but no fence. I earn 60k,my wife 30k.

In Port Harcourt, 2 bedroom with 3 toilets is 500k with begging.

7 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by nwabobo: 9:36am On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:
It is the plain truth. It is impossible to save 10kusd annually in the united states, even those with a paying job of $75,000 cant save that much. Do you know what it means to have $100,0000 in cash in america? 85% of americans dont have it and i am even talking about first class citizens

But only 2% of Nigerians have N500,000 ie $1,079 and above in their bank accounts.

http://nigeriacommunicationsweek.com.ng/only-2-of-nigerians-own-n500-000-and-above-in-banks-ndic/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/2-nigerians-90-bank-deposits-ndic/

15 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Sammiejokes(m): 9:36am On Oct 29, 2017
The OP is the biggest joke himself. Please how many Nigerians attain the level of branch managers. As a young Nigerian you better off in US than in nigeria earning 100-150k. This OP dey vex me you want 140million Nigerians to wait for branch managers position. Even the rich send their kids to go hustle for Yankee.
Case study my sister in law that is yet to start work in France had a miscarriage, hospital fees taken care of by insurance( best facilities) her son was taken care of by social workers for 2weeks that she was admitted, they took the boy to school(also free) and bring him to the children care centre everyday. so tell me can you have this in Nigeria even if you are rich.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by TUBLEZ(m): 9:36am On Oct 29, 2017
darlenese:

u made it look very easy , u didn't mention that hr has to pay bills on : electricity ,water supply , waste , gas ,etc ., or are all these things free ?
they enjoy all the bills been paid for, do u know how much u will spend running ur generator for a whole full month? In Nigeria u provide everything ursef d fact remains they value life in America compared to any African countries.. Imagine in Nigeria if thr is an emergency they won't treat u until u pay deposit but in America they will treat u first discharge u and sent ur bill to ur address now that's life value, in every room thr is alarm incase of fire incident u don't have to call dem before they will come, if u r frying dodo and the whole kitchen is covered with smoke before u know it fire service department r already in ur apartment.. Now that's good life.. It goes on and on.. U will pay but u will see what u r paying for, look at what happened in Florida a whole city was wiped off with flood and within three weeks everything was back to normal noting like refugee camp..

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by bigtt76(f): 9:36am On Oct 29, 2017
OP is comparing living in US and living in Nigeria. These are two different scenarios.

Nigerians living and earning in Nigeria can manage what the earn here and live comfortably. Likewise those in the US.

When it comes to investments, it may be easy for the Nigerians living in Nigeria to save and build houses but it is even easier for those living and working in US to save for such investments in Nigeria if they live a frugal life (which of course is the same as those in Nigeria).

BTW not all bank managers in Nigeria earn that much. You may be lucky as Bank manager to earn that if you've been a successful bank manager for years.

I still give it to the Nigerian hustlers in US, they can earn more if they hustle harder.

9 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 29, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Itachi, how bout Orochimaru ?

We dont need him
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by otokx(m): 9:37am On Oct 29, 2017
But people relocate for different reasons.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 9:37am On Oct 29, 2017
gypsey:
man! you sound like you have seen every American's bank balance! Chai! grin
The link is everywhere man. They don't have $500. Stop with the assumption and read some facts from reliable source not some Nigerians squatting with their friends in a shanty neighborhood in America claiming to be rich

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/12/pf/americans-lack-of-savings/index.html
http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/24/pf/emergency-savings/index.html
https://www.forbes.com/sites/maggiemcgrath/2016/01/06/63-of-americans-dont-have-enough-savings-to-cover-a-500-emergency/

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Miles300: 9:38am On Oct 29, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Do you know what the average bank manager earns atall?

Allow me educate you, seems like you don't..A Masters/PhD bank manager earns atleast 1.2 Million Per Month... You can't compare this with the yankee hustler..
you dey mind dem ! I know how much euro I send monthly after tax here in Finland .. the writer OP is just myopic ...

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 29, 2017
ItachiUchiha:

We dont need him

How bout Deidara ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (71)

Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? / 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.