Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America (179891 Views)

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (71) (Go Down)

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Starkid3010(m): 5:39pm On Nov 25, 2017
daddyfisayo2015:
My own submission is that it is better to leave in someone country rather than going to other countries to huzzle. It is only the infrastructural difference and hopefully one day a better government will be in place and create good institutions and even Nigerians in diaspora will be agitating to come home. By then all issues of bad roads , erratic power supply, good portable water would have been a history and Nigeria will be the real giant African has our rightful position
are u dreaming

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Starkid3010(m): 5:40pm On Nov 25, 2017
timesup234:
They claim to remit over 20 billion dollars annually which is one big fat lie because there is more money going out of Nigeria than coming in.
in ur own viem

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Starkid3010(m): 5:40pm On Nov 25, 2017
timesup234:
They claim to remit over 20 billion dollars annually which is one big fat lie because there is more money going out of Nigeria than coming in.
in ur own view

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by sharpwriter(m): 6:02pm On Nov 25, 2017
donniemc:

Hey bro, In the middle of something important right now. Will give you very detailed instruction tomorrow morning.

Congratulations!

Bros, pls no forget your boy on this tin o ... it is about what I wrote below.

Hi Bros, thank you so much for your many helps. I bought the flashlight app. Now I am stuck on how to publish it. Seems they talk about reskining or editing or so. Though the documentation is their, explanatory though but my head never settle well. Please, how did yu get about yurs as a starter? I just need ideas. Abeg no forsake your boy here o. I have decided to get through with this, and I am gonna forge ahead by fire by thunder. Please, help more. I am not considering paying any developer for this though. Thanks.

This is what's written in the document in the app package (it is a zip folder)

Best Flashlight HD + Strobe with Admob ads
DOCUMENTATION

This is a flashligh app that doesn't require any editing in the code(no programming knowledge required to edit).
To import the project to eclipse , go to
1-) File > New > Project > Android > Android application from existing code , select Flashlight
2-) Do the same for AndroidWheel-master & google-play-services_lib
3-) Right Click on Flashlight project inside eclipse > properties > Android (on the left sidebar) > Library > Add
and add AndroidWheel-master & google-play-services_lib
==> Import completed !

For editing do the following :

1) Change Admob ids :
Go to res > values > strings.xml & change adbanner , admobid to your own ids.

2) Change app buttons,logos,icon, and background:
Go to res > drawable > then replace you PNG images with the current ones.
For the icon : go to drawable-hdpi , drawable-mdpi, and the other 2 folder with similar names.... and change the icon with yours

3) Change 'about' info in app dialog:
Go to strings.xml > and change the string named text

4) Change Website for 'our site' button
Go to src > ...> flashlight > StrobeLightConfig.java , and scroll to line 186. Replace "www.jouniapps." with your website.
e.g "www.yourwebsite.com" (including the quotations)

**NOTE** An app on playstore currently has the same app layout but different colors.It is recommended and will be better if you change the buttons and app background to avoid having problems with other developers.Chupamobile offers reskinng services so that you can get new layout for some extra money

For support contact us on :

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/JouniAndroidApps
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/Ahmadjouni10 (@Ahmadjouni10)

By Jouni AppsĀ©
www.jouniapps.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by proeast(m): 7:28pm On Nov 25, 2017
Starkid3010:
in ur own view
Sure, that's my view but I don't think its off the mark. America is a great country, and I almost had a nervous breakdown about 7 years ago after my NYSC when I was desperately seeking for American visa. There were no jobs then but a maternal uncle who was there couldn't help me come over after all the promise and my family pledging to foot all the bills. Now, I'm into business in Nigeria earning naira & also dollars as a freelancer, my sister has been pressuring me for donkey years to consider traveling to US but I'm no longer interested. I've seen the bigger picture, I own my business in Nigeria & work at a leisurely pace, if I'm to travel to US & make it soon will mean hustling different jobs like crazy while always looking over my shoulder at bills that have to be paid. My university degree wont worth anything there & I'll probably be stuck with menial jobs! Its still my dream to touch foot in US but that will be as a tourist.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 7:42pm On Nov 25, 2017
proeast:
Sure, that's my view but I don't think its off the mark. America is a great country, and I almost had a nervous breakdown about 7 years ago after my NYSC when I was desperately seeking for American visa. There were no jobs then but a maternal uncle who was there couldn't help me come over after all the promise and my family pledging to foot all the bills. Now, I'm into business in Nigeria earning naira & also dollars as a freelancer, my sister have been pressuring me for donkey years to consider traveling to US but I'm no longer interested. I've seen the bigger picture, I own my business in Nigeria & work at a leisurely pace, if I'm to travel to US & make it soon will mean hustling different jobs like crazy while always looking over my shoulder at bills that have to be paid. My university degree wont worth anything there & I'll probably be stuck with menial jobs! Its still my dream to touch foot in US but that will be as a tourist.
The only time Nigerians living in America will tell the truth is when they talk privately with their fellow "sufferers" like them in the US. People in Nigeria are not supposed to know what is going on because that's the only leverage they have to front their failed life in a fake way to the gullible

5 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by chrisjohn234: 12:31am On Nov 26, 2017
Me too! I wanted to travel out after my university days and waited for 3 yrs before eventually took my destiny into my own hands and started a small scale business. I am not doing too badly today. I would love to visit as a tourist now and not a permanent resident
proeast:
Sure, that's my view but I don't think its off the mark. America is a great country, and I almost had a nervous breakdown about 7 years ago after my NYSC when I was desperately seeking for American visa. There were no jobs then but a maternal uncle who was there couldn't help me come over after all the promise and my family pledging to foot all the bills. Now, I'm into business in Nigeria earning naira & also dollars as a freelancer, my sister have been pressuring me for donkey years to consider traveling to US but I'm no longer interested. I've seen the bigger picture, I own my business in Nigeria & work at a leisurely pace, if I'm to travel to US & make it soon will mean hustling different jobs like crazy while always looking over my shoulder at bills that have to be paid. My university degree wont worth anything there & I'll probably be stuck with menial jobs! Its still my dream to touch foot in US but that will be as a tourist.

3 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 2:10am On Nov 26, 2017
Starkid3010:
in ur own view
so let us hear and read your own views.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Starkid3010(m): 5:50am On Nov 26, 2017
timesup234:
so let us hear and read your own views.
if u win a lottery to travel to britain wnt u go??
u lamented dat sm nigerians in usa av no work and dat dey involve in criminal activities!
wat of chinese in our own country(nigeria) will u tell me u dnt normally read news abt dem..
dey are all fraudsters is either dey kidnapped or involved in internet fraudulent y cant dey do such in their country??
and u knw dat china is one of d strongest country in d world including economics and power....
wat i mean is dat indulging in criminal activities in another man' country depends on individual
i knw sm nigerians dat are lving a wonderful lyf in foreign countries....
if u think nigeria is save or is ur country where u cn accumulate wealth easily den u av neva tried our north!!
it depends on individual even in nigeria i knw sm guys dat normally say fraudster(yahoo) is dere way....and many oda criminal activities
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Starkid3010(m): 6:14am On Nov 26, 2017
proeast:
Sure, that's my view but I don't thinmaternal uncle who where couldn't help me come over after all the promise and my family pledging to foot all the bills. Now, I'm into business in Nigeria earning naira & .
u are nt interested anymore cos life has changed for you
wat of dos dat dere lyf av nt changed since dey graduatd??
for me am still a scholar i dnt av any interest in travelling to foreign countries except i win a lottery!
i believe pple are making it 9ja so we to can make it!
but nowadays pple are so desperate to leave nigeria dey dnt even care of what dey wil meet wen dey get dere
datz y pple are crossing mediterrian sea only to see anoda man land
bt pple wit ambition will make it when dey get dere and pple making 2000$/month in foreign land is beta dan dos bank manager in 9ja.. i knw one brother dat is working as a programmer he earns 90000$/month (convert it to naira)
whenever i tell him dat he should cm bk to 9ja he will say GOD FORBID BAD THINGS

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by chrisjohn234: 9:44am On Nov 26, 2017
Earning over $100,000 in the United States is not that big when you consider tax. After tax your net pay will be shy of $70,000 for the year. You can't consider yourself a success yet, though it is a huge step to getting there
Starkid3010:
for me am still a scholar i dnt av any interest in travelling to foreign countries except i win a lottery!
but nowadays pple are so desperate to leave nigeria dey dnt even care of what dey wil meet wen dey get dere
bt pple wit ambition will make it when dey get dere and pple making 2000$/month in foreign land is beta dan dos bank manager in 9ja.. i knw one brother dat is working as a programmer he earns 90000$/month (convert it to naira)
whenever i tell him dat he should cm bk to 9ja he will say GOD FORBID BAD THINGS
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by donniemc: 9:53am On Nov 26, 2017
sharpwriter:

Bros, pls no forget your boy on this tin o ... it is about what I wrote below.

Hi Bros, thank you so much for your many helps. I bought the flashlight app. Now I am stuck on how to publish it. Seems they talk about reskining or editing or so. Though the documentation is their, explanatory though but my head never settle well. Please, how did yu get about yurs as a starter? I just need ideas. Abeg no forsake your boy here o. I have decided to get through with this, and I am gonna forge ahead by fire by thunder. Please, help more. I am not considering paying any developer for this though. Thanks.

This is what's written in the document in the app package (it is a zip folder)

Best Flashlight HD + Strobe with Admob ads
DOCUMENTATION

This is a flashligh app that doesn't require any editing in the code(no programming knowledge required to edit).
To import the project to eclipse , go to
1-) File > New > Project > Android > Android application from existing code , select Flashlight
2-) Do the same for AndroidWheel-master & google-play-services_lib
3-) Right Click on Flashlight project inside eclipse > properties > Android (on the left sidebar) > Library > Add
and add AndroidWheel-master & google-play-services_lib
==> Import completed !

For editing do the following :

1) Change Admob ids :
Go to res > values > strings.xml & change adbanner , admobid to your own ids.

2) Change app buttons,logos,icon, and background:
Go to res > drawable > then replace you PNG images with the current ones.
For the icon : go to drawable-hdpi , drawable-mdpi, and the other 2 folder with similar names.... and change the icon with yours

3) Change 'about' info in app dialog:
Go to strings.xml > and change the string named text

4) Change Website for 'our site' button
Go to src > ...> flashlight > StrobeLightConfig.java , and scroll to line 186. Replace "www.jouniapps." with your website.
e.g "www.yourwebsite.com" (including the quotations)

**NOTE** An app on playstore currently has the same app layout but different colors.It is recommended and will be better if you change the buttons and app background to avoid having problems with other developers.Chupamobile offers reskinng services so that you can get new layout for some extra money

For support contact us on :

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/JouniAndroidApps
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/Ahmadjouni10 (@Ahmadjouni10)

By Jouni AppsĀ©
www.jouniapps.

Oya, lets start!.

First of all.....go down low grin grin

Seriously,

First of all you need to get a Google Play store account and become a registered Google developer.

So i will carefully outline steps to become a certified Android developer:

Step 1:
[/b]You need to register a new gmail account. You will need this account to create a Google Play Developer Console account

[b]Step 2:

You need to have a minimum of $25 or its naira equivalent

Step 3:

You need to have a valid Debit card from any of the top Nigerian banks (GTB always works for international transactions)

Step 4:
[/b]When you have successfully created the Gmail account. visit this website:
https://play.google.com/apps/publish/signup/

[b]Step 5:

Scroll down in the website and click the blue "Continue to Payment" button

Step 6:

Enter the required payment details

Step 7:

After the payment has been validated fill out the remaining required information like your phone number, The name of your developer comany. e.t.c

Step 8:

The payment takes about 48 hours to process. Congratulations! you are now an Android developer.

I would work you through skinning the app and signing the app with a release keystore key when you have successfully created your playstore account!.

Congratulations again!

If you are having problems with creating an account just follow this video step by step. Shikenna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fCJF2sN6Ko

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Starkid3010(m): 9:55am On Nov 26, 2017
chrisjohn234:
Earning over $100,000 in the United States is not that big when you consider tax. After tax your net pay will be shy of $70,000 for the year. You can't consider yourself a success yet, though it is a huge step to getting there
so tell me what will u use $70k for?? do u think their money do nt av value lyk ours?? when dey are even selling iphone 8 for 800$ ...
dey manufactures dere things so everytin is cheap! nt in nigeria dat wil import every single material including plastic
and paying tax is only for government or association workers not a private worker u can google dat!.
life is easy over there if u knw wat u are doing but not in nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by wonlasewonimi: 10:17am On Nov 26, 2017
Starkid3010:
so tell me what will u use $70k for?? do u think their money do nt av value lyk ours?? when dey are even selling iphone 8 for 800$ ...
dey manufactures dere things so everytin is cheap! nt in nigeria dat wil import every single material including plastic
and paying tax is only for government or association workers not a private worker u can google dat!.
life is easy over there if u knw wat u are doing but not in nigeria!

Right here is the problem with nigeria, everyone wants to be dangote and otedola. This is why kidnapping and corruption is rife. How can you conclude that $70k after tax is nothing? The silly guys with their useless personal business with capital base of like N500k that can't even account for it's profitability would bashing someone with a take home of $3k per month...timesup324, God is watching you in 3D

4 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Starkid3010(m): 10:57am On Nov 26, 2017
wonlasewonimi:

Right here is the problem with nigeria, everyone wants to be dangote and otedola. This is why kidnapping and corruption is rife. How can you conclude that $70k after tax is nothing? The silly guys with their useless personal business with capital base of like N500k that can't even account for it's profitability would bashing someone with a take home of $3k per month...timesup324, God is watching you in 3D
mr man dnt misquote me wat i meas ws dat getting 70000$ is enough,

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by wonlasewonimi: 10:59am On Nov 26, 2017
Starkid3010:
mr man dnt misquote me wat i meas ws dat getting 70000$ is enough,

Bros read very well i'm corroborating your comment.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 11:07am On Nov 26, 2017
wonlasewonimi:

The percentage of individuals in America making $100,000 upward is not even up to 7%. You need to do some more reading before you come contest a global warrior like me.

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Starkid3010(m): 11:10am On Nov 26, 2017
wonlasewonimi:

Bros read very well i'm corroborating your comment.
okk cooool.. Dnt Mind Timesup undecided
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by wonlasewonimi: 11:25am On Nov 26, 2017
timesup234:
The percentage of individuals in America making $100,000 upward is not even up to 7%. You need to do some more reading before you come contest a global warrior like me.
I don't know your circle of friends. The kind of people I know are on that level of income
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 11:39am On Nov 26, 2017
wonlasewonimi:

I don't know your circle of friends. The kind of people I know are on that level of income
You only know people lying to earn that much. No way on hell you know such when just 6% of Americans make that much. Stop filling your head with lies. You need one full month of personal research to break free from the cage of financial lies spread by Nigerian sufferers in America. You can start with this below:

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/a-z-index.htm#R
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by wonlasewonimi: 11:47am On Nov 26, 2017
timesup234:
You only know people lying to earn that much. No way on hell you know such when just 6% of Americans make that much. Stop filling your head with lies. You need one full month of personal research to break free from the cage of financial lies spread by Nigerian sufferers in America. You can start with this below:

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/a-z-index.htm#R

Stop quoting rubbish links... Just go and upskill. If it didn't work for you doesn't mean it would not work for someone else.
Even if we come to your level right, what does it take to have a household income of usd100k?

3 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 11:56am On Nov 26, 2017
wonlasewonimi:

Stop quoting rubbish links... Just go and upskill. If it didn't work for you doesn't mean it would not work for someone else.
Even if we come to your level right, what does it take to have a household income of usd100k?
Who is quoting? That's the Bureau Of Labor Statistics. That's the United States government, that's the US. state department. That's not an opinion or CNN network or Fox news views. That's a complete and 100% accurate data of what people in the US. make. Every single job in the US. is listed there
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by wonlasewonimi: 12:47pm On Nov 26, 2017
timesup234:
Who is quoting? That's the Bureau Of Labor Statistics. That's the United States government, that's the US. state department. That's not an opinion or CNN network or Fox news views. That's a complete and 100% accurate data of what people in the US. make. Every single job in the US. is listed there

Like I said before, I don't know the kind of people you roll with. I know a lot of guys who are accountants CPAs and their wives are either mid school teachers or nurses in the US. Using your link, combine their incomes and come and tell me if they are not financially comfortable.

3 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by sodres: 1:29pm On Nov 26, 2017
So all those athlete/actors Infact celebrities and the millionaires/billionaires in the USA are no up to 7%?And don't have $100k?? Lolz! I told you not to show your stupidity/ foolishnes on social media.
Your mum should have listen when she was advice to abort you. Oloriburku alagbako eda. Weray omo radarada

5 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 3:27pm On Nov 26, 2017
sodres:
So all those athlete/actors Infact celebrities and the millionaires/billionaires in the USA are no up to 7%?And don't have $100k?? Lolz! I told you not to show your stupidity/ foolishnes on social media.
Your mum should have listen when she was advice to abort you. Oloriburku alagbako eda. Weray omo radarada
slowpoke! Bow down to your boss and beg for more knowledge and information. The total US. labor work force is 160 million and 7% is just over 11 million people. Meaning over 11 million people make over $100,000 annually and the other 150 million people make less than that. All the profession you mentioned are not even up to one million you dumb dotard. Now you sound so stupid and dumb for not paying attention when your maths teacher was teaching back in high school. You are a disgrace to education and should be sent to an animal camp

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by AndyCole16(m): 3:52pm On Nov 26, 2017
donniemc:

Hey bro, In the middle of something important right now. Will give you very detailed instruction tomorrow morning.

Congratulations!
I sent you a mail since a week now. You are yet to respond, pls respond
Thanks
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 26, 2017
Starkid3010:

which programmer earn 90,000 dollars per month when he is not the cto or top executive? or do you 90000 mean per year?

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Starkid3010(m): 4:43pm On Nov 26, 2017
thebosstrevor:

which programmer earn 90,000 dollars per month when he is not the cto or top executive? or do you 90000 mean per year?
google it
or check codeacademy
den cm and tell me wat u see
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 26, 2017
sodres:

the problem is that you watch too much tv

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 26, 2017
Starkid3010:
google it
or check codeacademy
den cm and tell me wat u see

no programmer earns 90,000 dollars per month on codeacademy.i think you mean 90000 per year

to earn that much you need to be the owner of an out sourcing company,founder or CTO of a middle size or large company like google

is that brother really earning 90,000 dollars per month even on outsourcing sites you dont earn up to that per month as a single individual except you have a company that is bidding for a large contract,

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Starkid3010(m): 5:06pm On Nov 26, 2017
thebosstrevor:

no programmer earns 90,000 dollars per month on codeacademy.i think you mean 90000 per year

to earn that much you need to be the owner of an out sourcing company,founder or CTO of a middle size or large company like google

is that brother really earning 90,000 dollars per month even on outsourcing sites you dont earn up to that per month as a single individual except you have a company that is bidding for a large contract,
have u googled it!!
am nt saying codeacademy programmer collect dat o
but d owner of it will testify to it
america is in need of programmer especially NASA
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 26, 2017
Starkid3010:
have u googled it!!
am nt saying codeacademy programmer collect dat o
but d owner of it will testify to it
america is in need of programmer especially NASA

i hope you read what i wrote

codeacademy founder doesnt earn 90,000 dollars per month.where is your proof

america have lot of programmers but they are expensive so companies like microsoft or google bring in cheap labour from india on H1B visas.

Nasa is a very sensitive agency and employs only US citizens.

https://answers.nssc.nasa.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/5748/~/what-types-of-nasa-jobs-are-available-to-foreign-nationals%3F

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (71)

Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.