Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed (27272 Views)

People's Comments About Ighalo's Unfaithfulness To His Wife Left Me In Shock / Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine / Messi Gets A Broken Nose And Swollen Eye After Collision With Chris Smalling (2) (3) (4)

NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by Aldebaran(m): 7:41pm On Oct 28, 2017
[img]http:///a/img923/2545/mH2XQB.jpg[/img]
[img]http:///a/img923/7626/wjrx6X.jpg[/img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1l7fFIEUSM

They're used to a bit of turbulence on the court.But NBA stars Oklahoma City Thunder were left battled as they disembarked a private charter plane late on Saturday night to discover its nose had been entirely indented mid-flight.

The players were on a chartered Boeing 757-200 that was being operated by Delta at the time. 

They were traveling from Minneapolis where they had earlier been defeated by the Minnesota Timberwolves when the damage was caused. 

They noticed the damage after landing at Chicago's O'Hare Airport at 1.30am. 

New Zealand player Steven Adams shared photographs of the damage after arriving at Chicago's O'Hare Airport at 1.30am on Saturday after their flight from Minnesota. 

'We had a rough flight to say the least,' said Adams, 24. 

Incredulous, he called on NASA and famous scientists Bill Nye and Neil Tyson to shed light on what may have caused the dent.   

Adams' superstar teammate Carmelo Anthony also shared a photo of the plane on social media.

In an image posted to his Instagram account, Anthony asked 'what possibly could we have hit in the sky at this time of night?'.

Some mischievously suggested the damage was caused by 'Superman' while others pointed to the more likely explanation that it was a bird which struck the aircraft. 

Player Patrick Patterson fed fans' fun. 

When you accidentally hit superman while flying,' he said on Instagram.  He assured fans that all passengers on the plane were safe.  

On Sunday, Delta confirmed the damage and that all players and team staff were safe. 
They said it was likely caused by a bird striking the nose of the aircraft. 

'Delta flight 8935, operating from Minneapolis to Chicago-Midway as a charter flight for the Oklahoma City Thunder, likely encountered a bird while on descent into Chicago.

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by Aldebaran(m): 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2017
[img]http:///a/img924/9950/xo5qj1.jpg[/img]
[img]http:///a/img922/6153/GmvJ9J.jpg[/img]
[img]http:///a/img923/5455/8zPnyq.jpg[/img]

The aircraft, a Boeing 757-200, landed safely without incident; customers have since deplaned and maintenance teams are evaluating. Safety is Delta’s top priority,' a spokesman said. 

It is not the first time a bird has caused such damage during a flight. 

In 2015, a Turkish Airlines plane was forced to make an emergency landing because of the same phenomenon. 

Its nose displayed the same indented damage as the Thunder's afterwards.   

It caps off a tumultuous week for Adams and the Thunder.

The big New Zealander was involved in an incident against the Utah Jazz were he was struck in the groin by Australian Joe Ingles, while the team suffered a loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves before boarding the flight.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5026369/NBA-star-tweets-incredible-photo-damaged-team-plane.html

Lalasticlala

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by DanseMacabre(m): 7:51pm On Oct 28, 2017
Wow. Lucky them. Abeg Westbrook shouldn't die without getting a ring o shocked

Who even knows if it was Pastor-Adeboye-prayer-inspired divine abortion of an alien abduction. shocked

Abi lalasticla, mynd44, semid4lyfe, honeric01 wetin una think

*Modified I dey see FTC steady because of joblessness cry
Father please push work, make im fall on me na.

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by Benjom(m): 7:53pm On Oct 28, 2017
They must have been seriously terrified undecided

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by decatalyst(m): 8:00pm On Oct 28, 2017
Struck a bird?

And the thing goes strrat...praapa pro..grra...grirgrr..gah

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by Kenzico(m): 8:01pm On Oct 28, 2017
lipsrsealed

Scary enough! It could be an xtra terrestrial!

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by Nawteemaxie(m): 8:15pm On Oct 28, 2017
A bird indeed.
The biggest bird is an ostrich, and even an ostrich can`t cause such damage to common vehicles, talk more of a Boeing! And ostriches don`t fly!

We must be under alien attack!!! shocked

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by kay29000(m): 8:17pm On Oct 28, 2017
Hmm! Maybe they hit Thor as he was coming down to earth from Asgard, and he vexed and smashed the nose of the plane with his hammer.

33 Likes

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by FarahAideed: 8:17pm On Oct 28, 2017
Definitely bird strike ..I trust the boeing 757 it will take anything thrown at it and still perform like athletic aircraft she is from wing tip to wing tip

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 28, 2017
Pls where can I watch basketball matches in naija?
Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by Fvcknames: 8:19pm On Oct 28, 2017
I'm waiting for people to come and attribute it to witchcraft

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by FarahAideed: 8:20pm On Oct 28, 2017
jamariwolf:

Land mark event centre Victoria Island

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:22pm On Oct 28, 2017
Nawteemaxie:
A bird indeed.
The biggest bird is an ostrich, and even an ostrich can`t cause such damage to common vehicles, talk more of a Boeing! And ostriches don`t fly!

Momentum son...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by Nwereonye(m): 8:22pm On Oct 28, 2017
The impact shape looks more like an alien spaceship.

Just saying shocked

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by MrMoney007: 8:23pm On Oct 28, 2017
Tell the Antichrists that it isn't yet time. Rothschild better mind yourself

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by Strongbest(m): 8:23pm On Oct 28, 2017
Thank God for their lives.

www.nairaland.com/1798724/
Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by daveP(m): 8:23pm On Oct 28, 2017
Nawteemaxie:
A bird indeed.

Yeah birds are capable. research well.
Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by davillian(m): 8:23pm On Oct 28, 2017
Edo bird grin

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by Pidginwhisper: 8:24pm On Oct 28, 2017
Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by Strongbest(m): 8:24pm On Oct 28, 2017
daveP:
Yeah birds are capable. research well.

J

That bird will definitely die. I still wonder the kind of bird capable of wrecking this kind of havoc though. We are not talking about glass or wooden material here. I can't just get it.

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by DanseMacabre(m): 8:24pm On Oct 28, 2017
jamariwolf:

Depends on your location.
Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by Flashh: 8:24pm On Oct 28, 2017
I don't want to miss any of these NBA players. They were so lucky.

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by OlujobaSamuel: 8:25pm On Oct 28, 2017
bird ke?? what if the bird com hit the passengers, wetin go happen? i think sey plane na strong steel? abeg, somebody explain this oo

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by bayocanny: 8:26pm On Oct 28, 2017
Boeing777, as an expert in aviation sector what exactly do you have to say to this kind of incident.

Your experise is needed

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by Pidginwhisper: 8:26pm On Oct 28, 2017
Nawteemaxie:
A bird indeed.

Which kind talk be this??you know wetin eagle fit do? undecided..Na eagle handiwork be that

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by daveP(m): 8:33pm On Oct 28, 2017
Strongbest:

That bird will definitely die.
probability of dying is low. thats y airports put up stuff to scare away these birds that feel at home at the sight of their 'big brother' aka planes.

Modified-momentum in physics is responsible. just research well. its one of the tests a pilot has to take when tryna be qualified i.e how to react when these birds come in the air.
Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by LuvU2: 8:33pm On Oct 28, 2017
Fvcknames:
I'm waiting for people to come and attribute it to witchcraft
It's witchcraft dear.

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by bart10: 8:36pm On Oct 28, 2017
Nawteemaxie:
A bird indeed.

cheesy It’s obvious you were never in a physics class. Momentum boy. That’s mass x velocity. The impact is going to be so much on the aircraft depending on the flight level. I suspect an eagle. Those birds can attain very high altitude. In aviation, it’s known as birdstrike!

17 Likes

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by rectitude(m): 8:37pm On Oct 28, 2017
Nawteemaxie:
A bird indeed.

Thank you o, these people can be funny share, what kinda bird could compress a whole plan to such extent... There's more about this they're hiding from us

724 Goals In 999 Games: Ronaldo Set To Play His 1,000th Career Match / Obafemi Martins Joins Wuhan FC / El Shawarma Don Eqwalise For Us: AS Roma Celebrate Equaliser Against Napoli