Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,058 members, 7,807,178 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results (16457 Views)

WAEC Releases Nov/dec 2015 GCE Result, 48% Pass Recorded / Another Mass Failure Recorded As Neco Releases Results / When Will Waec Gce Nov/dec Results Be Realeased? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by REALTRUTH1: 12:32am On Mar 17, 2010
98% of candidates fail as NECO releases Nov/Dec results
By Francis Falola, Minna, Published: Wednesday, 17 Mar 2010

The National Examinations Council has released the results of the November/December Senior School Certificate Examinations, with 98 per cent of the 234,682 failing to clinch five credits, including English and Mathematics.
But NECO stated that 4,223 candidates got five credits, including English and Mathematics.
The 4,223 candidates formed about 1.80 per cent of those that sat for the examinations, while Kogi, Bauchi and Ondo led others states in the list of examination malpractices.
The Registrar of NECO, Prof. Promise Okpalla, stated this in his address at the NECO national headquarters in Minna on Tuesday.
He added that 234,682 candidates wrote the examinations out of 245,157 that registered.
He said, “Today, NECO formally announces the results of the 2009 Nov/Dec SSCE which held in spread across the country.
“Inasmuch as education remains a potent tool for attaining national goals, NECO will remain a veritable instrument for measuring educational attainment at the secondary school level, as standards will not be sacrificed for whatever reasons.”
He mentioned the total number of candidates with five credits and above irrespective of subjects as 12,197, representing about 5.2 per cent of those that sat for the examination.

Okpalla also said that 236,613 cases of examination malpractices were discovered in the examinations.
He said while Kogi topped the list of examination malpractices, the Federal Capital Territory, Abia and Oyo states were ranked lowest in infractions.

He regretted the poor performance of the candidates in the examination, saying that there was the need for stakeholders to intensify efforts in ensuring improvement in candidates’ performance.

Okpalla advised candidates that wrote the examination to visit NECO’s website with the same scratch card used in registering to access their results.

http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201003171191364
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by Dclique(m): 7:06am On Mar 17, 2010
Our Educational system itself is a failure.
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201003171191364
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by blackmann(m): 12:44pm On Mar 17, 2010
and it's these same pple who will later find their ways into the NASS to loot and pass bills and fight on the floor of the house. i weep for nigeria.
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by REALTRUTH1: 12:50pm On Mar 17, 2010
what else can frighting anybody about Nigeria,,,,In the district of Detroit Michigan,,,all the schools were closed down just a few days ago because of poor students performance that was'nt anything close to this NECCO result,,,but in Nigeria,,,we would keep carrying on as if nothing has happened,,,
This is clear indication that everything has gone wrong with Nigeria,,,Recently a University who was presenting his final project/thesis in one Nigeria Unversities does not even know the full meaning of Bsc,,,,,sad,, sad,,sad,,
Nigeria is falling falling falling down,,,who wll come to the rescue??
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by abiolag(m): 12:52pm On Mar 17, 2010
Imaging what our education system is like.98% failure,quite unfortunate
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by yemmight(m): 12:54pm On Mar 17, 2010
So only 2% did well throughout the Federation? shocked
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 17, 2010
blackmann:

and it's these same pple who will later find their ways into the NASS to loot and pass bills and fight on the floor of the house. i weep for nigeria.

what an analogy grin
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by Joe50(m): 1:15pm On Mar 17, 2010
the use of nigeria civil defence (NSCDC) as a security agent by NECO has actually reveal the poor educational system in this country.
If not civil defence, you would have had 98% pass and 2% fail.
No body wan read book again.
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by gReenmAn(m): 1:33pm On Mar 17, 2010
He added that 234,682 candidates wrote the examinations out of 245,157 that registered,
Okpalla also said that[b] 236,613 cases of examination malpractices were discovered[/b] in the examinations.

On the average, ALL the candidates committed exam malpractice more than once! Nigeria is really in trouble.
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by ichommy(m): 1:40pm On Mar 17, 2010
JUST 2% shocked shocked
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by sayso: 2:19pm On Mar 17, 2010
how can that result be verified,who marked those papers,I smell cospiracy here,2% impossible. NECO with all the private schools around the country.
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by REALTRUTH1: 2:19pm On Mar 17, 2010
gReenmAn:

On the average, ALL the candidates committed exam malpractice more than once! Nigeria is really in trouble.
A very big trouble beyond words or expression,,,sometimes ago,,there were reports that even some pastors were involved in buying or paying for school RUNS/Malpractices
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by latepa(m): 2:24pm On Mar 17, 2010
It is Well with our Students and Schools
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by maboola: 2:27pm On Mar 17, 2010
Most SS3 students don't even know the metric table. No thanks to the type of exercise books they use these days that has the pictures of osofia and drogba at the back,instead of multiplication table.
Every student wants to hammer and buy hummer, Ipods, Mp3 player, X-box,nitendo and facebook has replaced any serious academic work.

Wasted generation from wicked parents/guardians.
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by asha80(m): 2:31pm On Mar 17, 2010
sayso:

how can that result be verified,who marked those papers,I smell cospiracy here,2% impossible. NECO with all the private schools around the country.

So being in 'private school' translates to being educated or smart abi?
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by chelseabmw(m): 2:32pm On Mar 17, 2010
i used to remember back in my days at school
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by ReachRich(m): 2:34pm On Mar 17, 2010
@ Joe50,
are u saying that the use of NSCDC to invigilate NECO exam caused the massive failure?
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by REALTRUTH1: 2:35pm On Mar 17, 2010
maboola:

Most SS3 students don't even know the metric table. No thanks to the type of exercise books they use these days that has the pictures of osofia and drogba at the back,instead of multiplication table.
Every student wants to hammer and buy hummer, Ipods, Mp3 player, X-box,nitendo and facebook has replaced any serious academic work.
Wasted generation from wicked parents/guardians.
 You re so perfectly correct,,,I remember those days in primary Two(2),,,you must know and memorise ur multiplication table at the back of ur exercise book,,infact there were competition for exercise book makers then,,,some books were upto 12 times while some were upto 36times,,,
I learnt sometimes ago,,about 4yrs ago,,that some secondary teachers now collect bribes from students for the students to earn high marks,,,,truly a wasted generation,,,,,!!!!!
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by maboola: 2:46pm On Mar 17, 2010
REAL TRUTH:

I learnt sometimes ago,,about 4yrs ago,,that some secondary teachers now collect bribes from students for the students to earn high marks,,,,truly a wasted generation,,,,,!!!!!

It's even the parents that ensures that there wards pass at all cost. (They organize and bribe the teachers to pass their wards) Not after wasting huge sums of money on school fees. What they want is forward ever, not minding if there is any quality in what was obtained so far.
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 17, 2010
Kilon se awon ome ode oni nan?
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by zipphy(f): 2:58pm On Mar 17, 2010
am among d 98% 8 f9 nd 1 credit nd dnt tell i dnt read cause u dnt no wot i ve been tru
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 17, 2010
zipphy:

am among d 98% 8 f9 nd 1 credit nd dnt tell i dnt read cause u dnt no wot i ve been tru
Clap for yourself.
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by Phamodudu(m): 3:20pm On Mar 17, 2010
who are we going to blame? parents,children or our govt.everybody is at fault.things will continue to get worst.i cud remember that i sat up to 10 exams b4 my results cud be completed and now to apply for jobs they will tell u that only those with 5 O'level credits at one sitting shud apply.why are they not going to look for short cuts which will later have sideeffects on them.well for those who fail they shud keep on trying and for those that succeeded in their malpractice they too shud ride on.all is vanity and we will account for every thing
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by swaga007: 3:21pm On Mar 17, 2010
why who 't they fail, if u ask any of dem what they want 2 bcom in future ,d answer they wil give is dat they wil like 2 sing like 9ice, olu maintain
, do yahoo, play futbol. bt i rememba during our own time , evry1 want 2 b a medical dokto, lawyer, banker , engineer.etc well, i blive dat d
society also add 2 d problm, lack of parental guideness, expose 2 dangeous materials, even our leaders, strikes. all dis affect d drives to strive 4 excellence in d mind of our youths. the education sector need 2 b address urgently!  
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by deltalife(m): 3:25pm On Mar 17, 2010
[center]OUR EDUCATION SYSTEM HAS LONG TIME AGO ENTERED ONE CHANCE.
BOTH THE STUDENTS, TEACHERS AND THE EXAM BODY HAS HAND IN THIS MESS.

IF AN -S.P.- OF A SCHOOL CAN COME OUT WITH ONLY 2C AFTER HAVING REPRESENTED THE SCHOOL
IN MANY OCCASION, AND WITH ALL THE TEACHERS ACLAIMED BRILIANCE OF HIS,
I DON'T THINK HE WILL WANT TO ANOTHER EXAM WITHOUT ADDING SOME COOKIES TO HIS TALENT.

SO WHO IS TO BE BLAMED NOW[/center].
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by ikhideman(m): 3:42pm On Mar 17, 2010
This goes to show the need for a more greater focus on the Educational Sector, its very shameful!!
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by SkySpirit(m): 3:52pm On Mar 17, 2010
San Egwu, old wine in new bottle! Fire him now. cry cry embarassed embarassed
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by Ournaija: 3:55pm On Mar 17, 2010
I remember those days when we used to sing multiplication table along the road when some bros in those days will send us a stick/packet of cigar with a bottle of beer to chill. We used to carry slates on our heads to our schools till we are old and good enough to write with inks. See what computer has done to the younger generation.
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by peacettw: 3:56pm On Mar 17, 2010
This has nothing and i mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the students. I am a graduate now (Medicine) but will never forgive NECO for their gross incompetece in giving me an F9 in Maths.  This was after i had gotten all As in my WAEC with an A1 in maths in both WAEC and GCE, an A2 in Further Maths and a Maths related scholarship. I ve thrown their certificate in the dust bin and i can't think of any better place for it than that. Nonsense
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by reindeer: 3:58pm On Mar 17, 2010
In any self respecting country, this should warrant declaring a state of emergency in the sector, but what the heck the politicos dont even want them educated or where would they get their thugs, amajiris and policemen to help them rig elections?
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by zipphy(f): 4:13pm On Mar 17, 2010
wot did u expect d student to do u wrotr for almost four times the fifth one someone offer u a wish to pay hin 10k and u wil make it wot wil u do honestly am tired pls is the neco june/july over?
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by BlackRevo: 4:19pm On Mar 17, 2010
This is terrible i really feel like crying, i just remember the good old days when it was a honor to pass your exams with your own personal ability.   sad

peacettw:

This has nothing and i mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the students. I am a graduate now (Medicine) but will never forgive NECO for their gross incompetece in giving me an F9 in Maths.  This was after i had gotten all As in my WAEC with an A1 in maths in both WAEC and GCE, an A2 in Further Maths and a Maths related scholarship. I ve thrown their certificate in the dust bin and i can't think of any better place for it than that. Nonsense

I understand you my sister but lets face the truth, their incompetence does not negate the fact that our education system has fallen down drastically.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus / I Am An Art Student: Can I Study Computer Science / Teacher Brutalizes Nursery 1 Pupill Over Assignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.