Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,183 members, 7,780,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:27 AM

3 Unavoidable Reasons Why I Became A Talentpreneur - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 3 Unavoidable Reasons Why I Became A Talentpreneur (404 Views)

Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie / Story Of How I Became An Airlord / Chimamanda Adichie: “Why I Wear Nigerian Designers" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Unavoidable Reasons Why I Became A Talentpreneur by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 28, 2017
3 Unavoidable Reasons Why I Became A Talentpreneur By Johnspeak Uwangue (Motivational Speaker, Talent Manager and Coach)
While growing up, I had dreams of great things that I wanted to accomplish and the kind of life that I wanted to live. Despite growing up from a very poor home, never stopped my dreams and hopes. As I began to grow, mingle and interact with different people from different backgrounds with different perspective of life, I began to shape my life. Mind you, I have had my hopes shattered, been betrayed and abandoned by people I relied on at different points in time, but in all, I've been able to refine my life and dreams by the disappointments I have had. While in the University, I decided to focus more on my spiritual life, so I started taking God and his works very serious. In 2011 in my small room in Lagos, I began to ask God questions about my life, dreams and my future. I was tired of seeing my mom cry because she couldn't meet our wants. I wanted to have my needs as well as my wants met. I have always wanted to live a luxurious life, give to the poor and the needy around me. But my background wouldn't allow me to. Okay, back to the story. In 2011 in the month of January to be precise, I couldn't sleep because I was asking God questions. I asked God why I was living the way I was living. I asked him why some people were poor why some were rich and affluent. As I asked those questions, tears gushed out from my eyes uncontrollably. I cried and I wanted answers to my questions. Right then and there I heard a voice said to me, "If you cry from now till Jesus come you will be wasting your time" in amazement I asked why, and the voice said to me "because everything you need to become a world billionaire has already been deposited in you at creation". I was shocked because I've had never heard those words before. I cried more because those words made me more curious. The mission to maximize my God given talents for my growth and profiting began as a result of that single encounter. I always refer to that day as the day I encountered destiny. I began studying on talent maximization. In fact, while in the University, I read more on how to maximize my talents than my course of study.
Apart from that encounter, I had so many reasons why I became a talentpreneur and I want to share just three with you all.
- I was haunted
I've always told people during my few seminars that I've been privileged to organize both online and offline that talented people are always haunted. Most people who have abandoned working with their talents for white or blue collar jobs are always haunted by their talents. Every talents will always seek for a way or two to express themselves. And until they start expressing themselves their host may not find rest.
- My Fulfillment Was Tied To My Talents and Gifts
Whether we believe it or not, some people's success and happiness are tied to their working with their talents and gifts while some will find fulfilment in life working with their skills. That is why most people despite working and earning unimaginable amount on a monthly basis are still not fulfilled. They always feel empty. Sometimes, they think if they get to the peak of their career or amass an amount of money they will be fulfilled, but the higher they go the more frustrated they become. Stop wasting your time acquiring so many degrees because your success and fulfillment may not be tied to your skills but your talents. I have found fulfillment working with my talents than working with my skills.
- I Get Things Done Easily
Who doesn’t want an easy life. Working with my talents has not only given me fulfillment, but has also helped me to get things done with less efforts. People who are working in line with their talents are always envied by their colleagues and friends because they always get things done without much efforts. Why others are struggling, they are just floating on the air. The truth is, being a talentpreneur (someone who is running a business of his/her own with the use of his/her talents) pays more than being an entrepreneur because talents attracts people more than any innovative idea that you can think of.
Succeed You Must!
© Johnspeak Uwangue Motivational Speaker, Talent Manager and Coach
Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun

(1) (Reply)

A / Tim Lahaye / How Can Being A Technician Ruin One In The Quote Of Georges Pompidou: "There Are

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.