Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,628 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Abuja Wedding Venue Asap - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Abuja Wedding Venue Asap (8821 Views)

Couple Arrive Their Wedding Venue On Bicycle / Lagos Marathon: Bride Treks To Venue (Photo) / Mimi And Mohammed Marwa's Abuja Wedding Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Wedding Venue Asap by ebony32: 3:58am On Mar 17, 2010
If you know a nice place for a wedding reception in Abuja which include the location and price
Also in need of a catering and hall decorator.
Please I will love to hear  from u!

THANK you

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Wedding Venue Asap by Yvete(f): 9:47pm On Jun 03, 2013
I need recommendations for a wedding hall in Abuja. I want something tastefully done where I can have chiavari chairs and exquisite lighting. I'd like a lush green garden outside. I'm looking at the following
Intl Conference Centre,
Ladi Kwali hall,
NAOWA centre,
Family Worship Centre Multipurpose hall,
Shabak center
Protea Hotel Hall
For Outdoors: with marquee
Jabi Lake park ... Is it rachet or razz?
Julius Berger Shooting range
Julius Berger Club House
If you're a wedding planner or may have attended a wedding in a good venue, please help cool

1 Like

Re: Abuja Wedding Venue Asap by sassygal(f): 12:57am On Jun 06, 2013
I am a wedding planner and can vouch for ICC, cos I have attended an event there and Jabi lake, cos whenever I am in abuja, I stay close.

ICC et tres magnifique but a tad bit too expensive and requires advance booking. Also with ICC you should be looking at double or triple the price for a regular standard wedding decor. Not sure about the chairs, for the event I attended we used Banquet chairs. BTW, a chiavari chair costs between 400-500 naira multiplied by 400 guests. Parking space was adequate and convenience was on point.

For Jabi lake park, I love the serenity. Since you love lush green, I'd say go for it. With a nice, big tent and Chiavari chairs and gentle breeze from the lake- so on point. It is cheaper than a hall but by the time you factor in cost of renting of renting a marque, chairs and tables. Also what time of the year is the wedding. The weather is very vital when choosing an outdoor wedding reception venue. Abuja/Jabi especially can be awfully cold during the harmattan period, I don't know if its cos of the lake or just me. You may need to fumigate the grass too. I don't know of conveniences.

Often times when using a hall in a hotel for an event, you may be forced to get food and drinks from the hotel.

Good luck!
Re: Abuja Wedding Venue Asap by Yvete(f): 5:40pm On Jun 06, 2013
Sassygurl: Seems like you know your stuff.

My FI told me ask about Jabi Lake, but he thinks its razz. Are you saying that outdoor weddings costs just as much as an indoor wedding? Do I buy or lease the chiavari chairs? What do you think about Ladi Kwali hall? What part of wedding planning to you cover? Thanks.
Re: Abuja Wedding Venue Asap by sassygal(f): 8:06pm On Jun 06, 2013
I try to be in the know as I plan and coordinate events as well as design & decorate event venues.

Ladi Kwali hall, to my knowledge, is one of the halls in Sheraton hotel, Abuja.

Often times, halls like these usually come with banquet chairs so you may not need to rent/lease the chiavary chairs. Fortunately also most banquet chairs are wine/red in color.

The downside to getting such halls, I.e halls in a hotel, is the clause that states that all food and drinks will be provided by the hotel. This is way expensive but may be convenient in the long run.

December in Abuja is very dry, dusty and COLD!!! I'm sorry but Jabi lake is not razz at all but may not be suitable. The best part about designing an outdoor event venue, for me, is that there are no restrictions at all.
Re: Abuja Wedding Venue Asap by scarlet12(f): 8:45pm On Jun 08, 2013
Yvete: Sassygurl: Seems like you know your stuff.

I'm planning a December wedding in Abuja. My FI told me ask about Jabi Lake, but he thinks its razz. Are you saying that outdoor weddings costs just as much as an indoor wedding? Do I buy or lease the chiavari chairs? What do you think about Ladi Kwali hall? What part of wedding planning to you cover? Thanks.

You should definitely rent them, what would you use them for thereafter? It only makes sense to buy if you run or plan on running a rental company.
Re: Abuja Wedding Venue Asap by bakeuhappy: 11:10am On Jun 09, 2013
Hello 4 outdoor check hafia garden @ area 3 for indoor check cyprian ekwensi centre for arts n culture area 10 opp UTC but u need to book that early cos d place is usually booked.
Re: Abuja Wedding Venue Asap by Yvete(f): 7:42pm On Jun 10, 2013
scarlet12: You should definitely rent them, what would you use them for thereafter? It only makes sense to buy if you run or plan on running a rental company.

Would never buy those chiavari chairs not even plastic chairs. I'm leasing them for that day and thats it. Thanks.

bakeuhappy: Hello 4 outdoor check hafia garden @ area 3 for indoor check cyprian ekwensi centre for arts n culture area 10 opp UTC but u need to book that early cos d place is usually booked.

Thank you! We like the Arts & culture centre. I narrowed my choices to Shehu Yar'Adua Centre, Cyprian Ekwensi & B.M.O Events centre. God bless.
Re: Abuja Wedding Venue Asap by safe06: 12:08pm On Jun 27, 2013
@op,if u are yet to make payments on any space,I ll also suggest either ladi kwali hall or jabi lake as sassy suggested. The lake Ȋ̝̊̅§ not razz in any way,I have attended events there and they were very kool,just ensure u get a very good decorator.

(1) (Reply)

Decorate Your Wedding Halls And Reception At An Affordable Price. / Find Your April Birthday Mates Here! / Okorocha, Arthur Eze, Aisha IBB. Allen Onyema, Sirika, Bag The Patriots Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.