Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (73759 Views)

Ask Any Question About Jehovah's Witnesses Here / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Notatribalist(m): 9:33am On Oct 29, 2017
Sexy20:
In your first point: they HAVE their own bible because they re-wrote it to suit them and their doctrine...

In your third point: Nobody said Jesus was born on 25th December. Rather christians chose that day to commemorate his birth....if they won't celebrate it, their choice

In summary, they are nice and generous people but they posses this 'holier than thou' attitude which they easily exhibit as they will never accept anything from you not even to PRAY together (as was the case with a classmate of mine) and wen they come on their house evangelism.

Also they don't accept giving of offerings in church or paying of tithe. They attribute it to contributing money for the church leaders

Jehovah's witness contribute money for leader?where did you hear that from?please kindly do research before feeding the public with lies..

2 Likes

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by sinaj(f): 9:34am On Oct 29, 2017
maidaddy:

- Who is there?
- Jehovah Witness
- Knock Knock
- Knock Knock Knock Knock
wicked you lol

Funny enough they dnt take no for an answer.

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by correctguy101(m): 9:34am On Oct 29, 2017
coldsummer:
JW is a cult that has so brainwashed their members.

How can you tell your congregation not to send their children to school.

How do u tell them not to take blood transfusion (my uncle died out ofnthos stupidity and now the family discovered the truth. They left the church and the other members stopped talking and associating with them becaise they have become sinners )

How do u tell them to no worm and make money bit when they work and make that unholy money you tell th to bring it and spend in church.

Read statistics and see the bearish way JW is going globally. Not talking about nigeria. Of coursebrhey will be the last to realise anything.

You met some people whose lives are really fuccked.
JW, tell anyone to not work or tell the person to bring their money? Guy, no dey lie, it hasn't gotten to that angry

3 Likes

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Maken1005: 9:36am On Oct 29, 2017
Truly their teachings are base using the Bible
My door is always welcome to receive them
Listen to their teachings and you will see revelations about this world and how the scene of this world is changing.

8 Likes

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by emsheddy(m): 9:38am On Oct 29, 2017
And I forgot to add the No blood transfusion part. I know how many people have died that I know because of that rubbish. The last case was that of a pregnant woman. The nurses kept begging and begging. Madam please give your consent let's put blood in your body else you and your baby will die. She kept saying no no no its against my doctrine. Before their very eyes, the woman was passing away gradually and the nurses kept begging and crying. Till she died. The whole hospital was in tears.

7 Likes

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Dopeluiz(m): 9:39am On Oct 29, 2017
Hushpuppi:
I heard they do not marry from other Churches ... Why is that ?
we don't marry outside because if we do the lady will have problems being a witness... its just like a strong Catholic marrying a strong cele girl... we can marry outside if the girl is willing to become like us. or if the guy has no problem at all with her religion tho it is rare

2 Likes

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Notatribalist(m): 9:39am On Oct 29, 2017
coldsummer:
JW is a cult that has so brainwashed their members.

How can you tell your congregation not to send their children to school.

How do u tell them not to take blood transfusion (my uncle died out ofnthos stupidity and now the family discovered the truth. They left the church and the other members stopped talking and associating with them becaise they have become sinners )

How do u tell them to no worm and make money bit when they work and make that unholy money you tell th to bring it and spend in church.

Read statistics and see the bearish way JW is going globally. Not talking about nigeria. Of coursebrhey will be the last to realise anything.

you're such a big liar..keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nicejay30(m): 9:40am On Oct 29, 2017
Nobody is saying they are terrible people.. It's some of their doctrines dat seems way too extreme..

An old woman dat was sick 4 some time and was unable to go out with dem 4 preaching during dis period till she died and yet was a member all dis while was dismembered and refused to b buried by them cos she was unable to go out 4 preaching at her age...

These practices do not denote Christ...

If u are a member and u go astray dey wud dismember u immediately having nothing to do with u....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 29, 2017
JW is the only group of Christian religion fulfilling what Jesus commanded in Matthew 24:14 , Matthew 28:19,20.

They are in over 240 countries in the world unitedly preaching the Gospel.

True Christians are suppose to go out to preach not to build churches to acquire wealth.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 9:43am On Oct 29, 2017
Nicejay30:
Nobody is saying they are terrible people.. It's some of their doctrines dat seems way too extreme..

An old woman dat was sick 4 some time and was unable to go out with dem 4 preaching during dis period till she died and yet was a member all dis while was dismembered and refused to b buried by them cos she was unable to go out 4 preaching at her age...

These practices do not denote Christ...

If u are a member and u go astray dey wud dismember u immediately having nothing to do with u....

Dismember?

3 Likes

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 9:43am On Oct 29, 2017
So, someone removed me from the third to comment. Even when I didn't post a thing?

The rest of the story…

What Jw's believe, but won't initially tell people when they knock on doors and ask if they think the world would be better off without war, suffering, sickness and child abuse:

If you become a JW and then leave them because of their false teachings, you will be literally shunned. You family that remain in the organization will not be permitted to even talk to you!

The Watchtower Society is the only source of truth on earth today and the rest of the mankind will be destroyed if they do not belong or convert to jw.

The cross is a pagan symbol of sex worship, and that all buildings or persons displaying the cross are likewise pagan. Jehovah's Witnesses deny that Jesus died on a cross but a stake. However, recent "new light" in the Watchtower now admits they are not certain about the cross, but will continue to deny it anyway. Further, the watchtower originally claimed it was a cross.

No one goes to heaven but 144,000. While the Bible shows that the great crowd is in heaven, the Watchtower ignores this and teach their own interpretation.

They teach Christ is the mediator for only the 144,000, not the rest of mankind as taught in the Bible.

Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob etc. will be resurrected to earth paradise even when the Bible in Hebrew 11:13-16 shows that their reward will be heavenly. They simply ignore this.

Their light gets "brighter and brighter", allowing for many changes and "about faces" on their doctrines. Yesterday's error is today's "truth" and today's truth becomes tomorrow’s errors. Often the "light" bounces back and forth from old to new views and back again! Basically, in the past 30 years, more than 80% of their doctrine has been discarded.

Blood transfusions are rejected and if a Witness receives one willingly, it results in his eternal death. However, the society allows Hemopheliacs to consume blood for medical purposes to save their life.

That all other religion apart from Jehovah’s Witnesses are false religion and most of the times referred to as Babylon the great.

They believe the Watchtower contains Gods truth, directed by Holy Spirit. Without it one cannot understand the Bible.

They claim they were approved and chosen by Christ Jesus in 1919 as the only religion doing God's will. However their teachings at the time and mistakes since then prove this could not be true and had since been discarded.

They let their loved ones die imposing their doctrinal ban on blood transfusions based on the law covenant. However people broke the law covenant when lives were at stake. Such as saving a life of a sheep or human on the sabbath. King David broke the law to save his men. Even Jesus christ showed that when life is threatened, mercy was more important than sacrifice.

They are known as being false prophets for their many false predictions going back over 150 years. They predicted the coming of christ (1875), resurrection (1878), end of gentile times (1881), Armageddon (1914), resurrection if Abraham, Isaac, Jacob (1915), destruction of all other churches apart from them (1918), disappearance of government and republic (1920), establishment of God's kingdom(1925), resurrection of Abraham, Isaac, jacob (1925), heavenly calling ends (1935), end of the world (1975) and the generation alive in 1914 would not die off before the end. Of course, all this prophecies had since been discarded after their failure and never talked about.

Looking at the history of their false prophecies and teaches, Jehovah's Witnesses becomes a hypocrite whenever they call others false prophet and false teachers.

They are series of court cases involving the Watchtower, the parent organization of Jw, and they are paying millions of dollars in compensation for their failures in child abuse cases (Google is your friend). And yet, none of these are featured in the legal section of their official website. (see how much they have paid thus far: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah%27s_Witnesses%27_handling_of_child_sex_abuse)

Watchtower is selling of kingdom halls in many part of the world. (the building of many ones spoken of as evidence of God's blessing and backing of their works). Yet, many Jw's are not aware of it.

They have their own Bible. A Bible carefully designed to agree with their doctrine.

The Watchtower leadership has repeatedly refused to divulge the names and/or academic qualifications of the people within their organization who produced the New World Translation. The reason cited was that the translator where not seeking glory for themselves. But it's really a lame excuse.

The jw Bible is the first real attempt to remove all references to Jesus being worship or being prayed to. It's the first real attempt to obscure the divinity of Jesus Christ. (more about the jw Bible can be found here: http://www.ukapologetics.net/newworld.html)

7 Likes

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by chatinent: 9:44am On Oct 29, 2017
Hushpuppi:
I heard they do not marry from other Churches ... Why is that ?

I think they follow God's command to marry Christian brothers. Although, some of them marry outside, then convert their spouses to their religion. If after marriage, conversion got faulty, marriage war.

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 9:44am On Oct 29, 2017
Nice try. I had a spot in the third time comment and was removed nice try
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nebuzaradan: 9:44am On Oct 29, 2017
PierreDeFermath:
I love Jehovah witness . they're the best type of Christians out there,they are extremely kind and are not scammers like the conventional Christians.
mind you,I'm a muslim
just see how you freely commented on Christian thread calling them scammers but Christians cannot do the same on Muslim threads
Seun you should balance this

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Notatribalist(m): 9:45am On Oct 29, 2017
chatinent:
Chatdom rights reserved (c)
A large number Jehovah's witnesses (in person) have this secreted attributes of not letting or bringing to public, most of their beliefs (is it because of the impression majority have on them?). In my own view, I think the impression has nothing to do with the religion but particular persons in the religion (who overreact). Therefore, why blame religion over a person's action?
A life experience between a Witness and a guy he met on field ministry.

I actually one day noticed a Witness in the field service preaching to a guy. On the long run, he offered the guy a tract and Awake! then the guy also brought a brochure to offer to the witness and said 'if you take mine, I'll take yours.' The witness responded: 'sorry, I am not allowed to collect that from you but you may have mine.' The guy fired back 'why?' The witness responded 'because mine teaches about God's kingdom.' The guy was like 'mine teaches about Satan's kingdom, right?' (...)
You may be thinking sth, well this attitude by this Witness was unprofessional and ego-centric. The Witnesses are taught in the Theocractic Ministry school, accompanied with the Reasoning From The Scriptures reference booklet to - not only try to let people see their points while preaching, but also -- hear others view. Therefore, what do we call that witness above? Well, unprofessional. Some other things alike too happen, like when they invite you over to the Kingdom Halls and you invite them to a Church Crusade; some will be all rejection. Well, here are things you never knew:
1. They do not have their own bible. I get this all the time that their Bible is quite very distinct from others. How true is this? Well, let me surprise you, they only rewrote a modern-word version of still, the original bible manuscripts that every other bible translator wrote from. In the New World Translation of The Holy Scriptures, the name of God, Jehovah, is used more than in other bible translation who replaced it with 'Lord'.
2. They believe people will go to heaven. Yes, they do, they believe a small number will make heaven and the righteous rest, inherit the earth, the promised paradise.
3. They don't do birthdays and festive periods like Christmas, Halloween, Easter etc. Halloween apart which is somewhat demonic, they believe that the outcome of the people who celebrated birthdays in the Bible took bloodshed (Pharoah's birthday,John the Baptist head). And for Christmas, it's pagan; Jesus was not born on Christmas day, which is true.
4. They are not a cult group. Believe me when I tell you this, all their teachings are focused on the Bible. If a Witness made a misuse of the bible, it's imperfection and not because 'he is a Witness, that's what they do'.
5. A woman can not lead the flock. Yes, this is driven from the new testament where Paul etc., took on the congregation of God. A man is the head, so it is.
Some other things are clapping to praise songs, using their Kingdom melodies, etc. Truth is, before you judge, do some research, some things you judge are actually how it should be.
Origin: http://www.chatdom.com.ng/tourism/five-things-you-never-knew-about-jehovah%27s-witnesses/msg44/#msg44

you're very unbiased in your assertion.. The first time a thread about Jehovah's witness could be so true..as a former witness I must confess that your points are so valid..kudos

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by jonadaft: 9:47am On Oct 29, 2017
chubbyswit:
jehova witness are guilty of all you mentioned above. Try harder next time
Shut up!
So Ur useless pastor isn't?
I'll delete this rubbish from fp tongue
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 9:47am On Oct 29, 2017
The rest of the story…

What Jw's believe, but won't initially tell people when they knock on doors and ask if they think the world would be better off without war, suffering, sickness and child abuse:

If you become a JW and then leave them because of their false teachings, you will be literally shunned. You family that remain in the organization will not be permitted to even talk to you!

The Watchtower Society is the only source of truth on earth today and the rest of the mankind will be destroyed if they do not belong or convert to jw.

The cross is a pagan symbol of sex worship, and that all buildings or persons displaying the cross are likewise pagan. Jehovah's Witnesses deny that Jesus died on a cross but a stake. However, recent "new light" in the Watchtower now admits they are not certain about the cross, but will continue to deny it anyway. Further, the watchtower originally claimed it was a cross.

No one goes to heaven but 144,000. While the Bible shows that the great crowd is in heaven, the Watchtower ignores this and teach their own interpretation.

They teach Christ is the mediator for only the 144,000, not the rest of mankind as taught in the Bible.

Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob etc. will be resurrected to earth paradise even when the Bible in Hebrew 11:13-16 shows that their reward will be heavenly. They simply ignore this.

Their light gets "brighter and brighter", allowing for many changes and "about faces" on their doctrines. Yesterday's error is today's "truth" and today's truth becomes tomorrow’s errors. Often the "light" bounces back and forth from old to new views and back again! Basically, in the past 30 years, more than 80% of their doctrine has been discarded.

Blood transfusions are rejected and if a Witness receives one willingly, it results in his eternal death. However, the society allows Hemopheliacs to consume blood for medical purposes to save their life.

That all other religion apart from Jehovah’s Witnesses are false religion and most of the times referred to as Babylon the great.

They believe the Watchtower contains Gods truth, directed by Holy Spirit. Without it one cannot understand the Bible.

They claim they were approved and chosen by Christ Jesus in 1919 as the only religion doing God's will. However their teachings at the time and mistakes since then prove this could not be true and had since been discarded.

They let their loved ones die imposing their doctrinal ban on blood transfusions based on the law covenant. However people broke the law covenant when lives were at stake. Such as saving a life of a sheep or human on the sabbath. King David broke the law to save his men. Even Jesus christ showed that when life is threatened, mercy was more important than sacrifice.

They are known as being false prophets for their many false predictions going back over 150 years. They predicted the coming of christ (1875), resurrection (1878), end of gentile times (1881), Armageddon (1914), resurrection if Abraham, Isaac, Jacob (1915), destruction of all other churches apart from them (1918), disappearance of government and republic (1920), establishment of God's kingdom(1925), resurrection of Abraham, Isaac, jacob (1925), heavenly calling ends (1935), end of the world (1975) and the generation alive in 1914 would not die off before the end. Of course, all this prophecies had since been discarded after their failure and never talked about.

Looking at the history of their false prophecies and teaches, Jehovah's Witnesses becomes a hypocrite whenever they call others false prophet and false teachers.

They are series of court cases involving the Watchtower, the parent organization of Jw, and they are paying millions of dollars in compensation for their failures in child abuse cases (Google is your friend). And yet, none of these are featured in the legal section of their official website. (see how much they have paid thus far: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah%27s_Witnesses%27_handling_of_child_sex_abuse)

Watchtower is selling of kingdom halls in many part of the world. (the building of many ones spoken of as evidence of God's blessing and backing of their works). Yet, many Jw's are not aware of it.

They have their own Bible. A Bible carefully designed to agree with their doctrine.

The Watchtower leadership has repeatedly refused to divulge the names and/or academic qualifications of the people within their organization who produced the New World Translation. The reason cited was that the translator where not seeking glory for themselves. But it's really a lame excuse.

The jw Bible is the first real attempt to remove all references to Jesus being worship or being prayed to. It's the first real attempt to obscure the divinity of Jesus Christ. (more about the jw Bible can be found here: http://www.ukapologetics.net/newworld.html)

@op,nice try. You surpress information?

3 Likes

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by merit12(f): 9:49am On Oct 29, 2017
Testimonia di Genova ...E la regione giusta. ..La strada di verità. ...Mi raccomando guardata bene
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by zurielsam(m): 9:50am On Oct 29, 2017
you forgot to add that they believe that if a man died thats all there is no after life

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 9:51am On Oct 29, 2017
chatinent:
Chatdom rights reserved (c)
A large number Jehovah's witnesses (in person) have this secreted attributes of not letting or bringing to public, most of their beliefs (is it because of the impression majority have on them?). In my own view, I think the impression has nothing to do with the religion but particular persons in the religion (who overreact). Therefore, why blame religion over a person's action?
A life experience between a Witness and a guy he met on field ministry.

I actually one day noticed a Witness in the field service preaching to a guy. On the long run, he offered the guy a tract and Awake! then the guy also brought a brochure to offer to the witness and said 'if you take mine, I'll take yours.' The witness responded: 'sorry, I am not allowed to collect that from you but you may have mine.' The guy fired back 'why?' The witness responded 'because mine teaches about God's kingdom.' The guy was like 'mine teaches about Satan's kingdom, right?' (...)
You may be thinking sth, well this attitude by this Witness was unprofessional and ego-centric. The Witnesses are taught in the Theocractic Ministry school, accompanied with the Reasoning From The Scriptures reference booklet to - not only try to let people see their points while preaching, but also -- hear others view. Therefore, what do we call that witness above? Well, unprofessional. Some other things alike too happen, like when they invite you over to the Kingdom Halls and you invite them to a Church Crusade; some will be all rejection. Well, here are things you never knew:
1. They do not have their own bible. I get this all the time that their Bible is quite very distinct from others. How true is this? Well, let me surprise you, they only rewrote a modern-word version of still, the original bible manuscripts that every other bible translator wrote from. In the New World Translation of The Holy Scriptures, the name of God, Jehovah, is used more than in other bible translation who replaced it with 'Lord'.
2. They believe people will go to heaven. Yes, they do, they believe a small number will make heaven and the righteous rest, inherit the earth, the promised paradise.
3. They don't do birthdays and festive periods like Christmas, Halloween, Easter etc. Halloween apart which is somewhat demonic, they believe that the outcome of the people who celebrated birthdays in the Bible took bloodshed (Pharoah's birthday,John the Baptist head). And for Christmas, it's pagan; Jesus was not born on Christmas day, which is true.
4. They are not a cult group. Believe me when I tell you this, all their teachings are focused on the Bible. If a Witness made a misuse of the bible, it's imperfection and not because 'he is a Witness, that's what they do'.
5. A woman can not lead the flock. Yes, this is driven from the new testament where Paul etc., took on the congregation of God. A man is the head, so it is.
Some other things are clapping to praise songs, using their Kingdom melodies, etc. Truth is, before you judge, do some research, some things you judge are actually how it should be.
Origin: http://www.chatdom.com.ng/tourism/five-things-you-never-knew-about-jehovah%27s-witnesses/msg44/#msg44

@op! I don't know if it was just you or someone else. But you can't Suppress information forever. Nice try shaa
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Bigsteveg(m): 9:52am On Oct 29, 2017
XXLDICK:
They remain the most peaceful Christian denomination.

They do not pay tithes

They are the only Christian denomination yet to be commercialized.

They are my favourite.

Cons:

They do not recite the national anthem.

They do not participate in elections.

They do not accept blood transfusion.
And all these you mentioned make sense to you?
So they won't participate in elections and accept whoever it is that will govern them, ask your brothers in Russia who are about to get banned.

They do not recite anthems, so no regard whatsoever for the country. But they can collect salary o , I hope they pay tax regularly.

That part of rejecting blood transfusion is the most absurd. Do you know how many have died because they rejected blood transfusion especially accident victims not to forget a woman giving birth.

All these points you and the op mentioned are just baseless and I support what sexy20 posted 100%..

All I need for you now is to support all these points you mentioned with bible verses and explain their correlation.

Cc: chatinent

2 Likes

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by sanpipita(m): 9:52am On Oct 29, 2017
Oye0404:
well said, once had a witness DAT comes around for years, truth is,dis guys are so caring and accommodating. lots if misconceptions about dem..

I'm hardly a religious person but JW are one the best and exemplary Christian denominations aside some of their beliefs.

4 Likes

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by bobjack(m): 9:54am On Oct 29, 2017
MrHighSea:
Knock knock knock
come in
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nebuzaradan: 9:54am On Oct 29, 2017
sinaj:
am not. Lol I didnt say i am.

Ama Jehovah is another name they are called.
ndi ama Jehovah grin

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 29, 2017
Notatribalist:
Jehovah's witness contribute money for leader?where did you hear that from?please kindly do research before feeding the public with lies..

I believe you are not blind or do you lack understanding.
Please read my post well before you disgrace yourself
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by emsheddy(m): 9:55am On Oct 29, 2017
sanpipita:

I'm hardly a religious person but JW are one the best and exemplary Christian denominations aside some of their beliefs.
OK nau. Call them Christians and see how they react. They said they are not Christians.

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by XXLDICK(m): 9:56am On Oct 29, 2017
Bigsteveg:

And all these you mentioned make sense to you?
So they won't participate in elections and accept whoever it is that will govern them, ask your brothers in Russia who are about to get banned.

They do not recite anthems, so no regard whatsoever for the country. But they can collect salary o , I hope they pay tax regularly.

That part of rejecting blood transfusion is the most absurd. Do you know how many have died because they rejected blood transfusion especially accident victims not to forget a woman giving birth.

All these points you and the op mentioned are just baseless and I support what sexy20 posted 100%..

All I need for you now is to support all these points you mentioned with bible verses and explain their correlation.

Cc: chatinent
No, they don't make sense to me just like Christianity in general.

What's your denomination? I'll list many cons about your denomination then your will compare and contrast to that of JW's then tell me which one is worse.

Starting from paying tithes...

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 29, 2017
Afam4eva:

Wasn't the bible you read rewritten? Why was it not left in the original hebrew and Aramaic versions. Why do you have King James, Revised Standard etc versions of the bible?

Rewritten in languages people can understand and not mutilating the content to suit ones belief

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by chatinent: 9:58am On Oct 29, 2017
Notatribalist:
you're very unbiased in your assertion.. The first time a thread about Jehovah's witness could be so true..as a former witness I must confess that your points are so valid..kudos
Thank you, I am a researcher. I have been a publisher too. Well, more posts coming soon from me about other religious beliefs.

2 Likes

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nebuzaradan: 9:58am On Oct 29, 2017
emsheddy:
And I forgot to add the No blood transfusion part. I know how many people have died that I know because of that rubbish. The last case was that of a pregnant woman. The nurses kept begging and begging. Madam please give your consent let's put blood in your body else you and your baby will die. She kept saying no no no its against my doctrine. Before their very eyes, the woman was passing away gradually and the nurses kept begging and crying. Till she died. The whole hospital was in tears.
if am the doctor I'll quickly discharge the damn ignorant woman
no be for my hospital you go die

3 Likes

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by nnamokenna(m): 9:59am On Oct 29, 2017
JackBizzle:
JEHOVAH'S WITNESS IS A CULT!!

you guys dont even have real friends outside your church.

I beg to disagree. One of my closest and most trusted friends is a Jehovah's Witness and even a Pioneer. Serious misconceptions about witnesses and people don't even want to take the time to understand them or even view them with an open and unbiased mind.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / The Number Of Private Jets Bishop Oyedepo Actually Owns - Leke Beecroft / Body Of Herbalist Refuses To Decay, 13 Years After Burial, Turns Museum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.