Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Official Football Manager Thread - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Official Football Manager Thread (12941 Views)

Football Manager 2019 PC Official Thread / Football Manager 2021 Mobile Official Thread / Football Manager 2018 PC Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Official Football Manager Thread by CrazyScientist: 5:36pm On Oct 29, 2017
Hey guys, I just got the beta for Football Manager 18 and I decided to start a series. Hope y'all like it smiley

Intro

I dribbled past the midfielder, now I had to face the last two defenders, a feint to the left, to right, I trapped the ball and rolled between them, I was facing the keeper, I was definitely going to score, I lifted my right foot to shoot, BOOM!!! I was on the floor, everything was blurry, I didn't know what was going on, but I woke up on an hospital bed later that night, my left foot in a cast. It hit me, I had been tackled so hard.

The doctor walked in, looked at me, a little bead of sweat forming on his face, I could tell something was wrong, "I'm sorry Daniel, but you got tackled so hard, your left foot got damaged, You might walk, but you'll never play again"

The words hit me like a bomb, I was 17, just led Nigeria to an U17 world Cup final, got signed to Porto FC and now this?! I couldn't believe it, I cried...

That was five years ago. But it was a constant nightmare I kept having.
I was 21 now, with a continental pro license, I had devoted my life to Football, so if I wouldn't play, I should atleast manage.

But the passion was no longer there, I was here in Italy to get my certificate, I would jet back to Nigeria later tonight to spend Christmas with my family and take over my Tycoon of a Father's Business.

I headed downstairs from my rented apartment to the bar below to watch a match, any match, and feel the holiday spirit. Christmas was just 4days away, I was having Chapman watching the sports news, the Napoli manager, Maurizio Sarri had been sacked after leading Napoli to 8th place, I quickly got into an argument with the barman on why he deserved the sack, with players like Hamsik, Reina and Insigne, I was doing it again, I had a habit of tactical analysis and always edged every argument with this, someone tapped my shoulder.

"hello, I'm Aurelio de Laurentiis"

"Daniel Akin", I replied shaking his hand scanning my memory to place his face.

"Do you have any history in Football Management?"

"ah, yes, on Football Manager" I said laughing, "seriously though, I just came to collect my Continental Pro License..."

"wow, how old are you? ", he cut me off.

" 21"

"You're Hired, here's my card, call me", and he left.

I looked at his card confused, Aurelio de Laurentiis, CEO, Filmauro est Napoli SSC.

It was like a dream, I had skyped Aurelio and he had forwarded me some paperwork, I was to manage Napoli FC with a wage of £10,000 pounds a week. I called my dad.
"Hello Dad, I Quit".

Re: Official Football Manager Thread by CrazyScientist: 5:54pm On Oct 29, 2017
Chapter 1

I got to the Sao Paolo stadium early the next morning, I was ushered to Aurelio's office, it was spacious, the man had taste.

We got down to business soon, I was to lead Napoli to atleast an Europa Cup spot, and get to the semi finals of the Europa League. I thought for a while and signed, it was done. I was Napoli's manager.

I was led to a small conference room, the media were definitely surprised, how could Napoli hire a relatively unknown young manager. I adjusted my blue tie and sat down and answered questions on getting respect from the squad with my relatively young age and inexperience.

Then they broke the bombshell, my first match was on boxing day against Inter Milan in the Italian Cup, leaving me just three days to prepare, I swallowed hard and replied.

"Managers are judged by their Trophies and winning and that is exactly what I'm going to do "I said and got up to leave. It was time to meet the squad.

Aurelio followed me to the training ground and I watched as the squad practiced they were young and talented, this should be easy I thought. They had gathered round me and Aurelio and I introduced myself and told them this was an era for change, an era to win, I got a few claps, but I felt it, they didn't trust me. Well sooner or later they would.

I gathered them in the dressing room and showed them how I intended to play, my assistant had helped me out, training was in top gear ahead of the big match against Inter Milan.

I was going to play a 4-2-3-1, with the aim of exploiting the flanks because of our pacey wingers.

More Updates Later, Battery Low.

1 Like

Re: Official Football Manager Thread by okc326(m): 6:42pm On Oct 29, 2017
Mehn.....fantastic!
Re: Official Football Manager Thread by Kennyslimsteve(m): 7:14pm On Oct 29, 2017
Wow am impressed to be honest

1 Like

Re: Official Football Manager Thread by olayinkajnr(m): 8:13pm On Oct 29, 2017
okc326:
Mehn.....fantastic!

See am. He don show himself for here too

1 Like

Re: Official Football Manager Thread by CrazyScientist: 10:27pm On Oct 29, 2017
Chapter 2

I gave them the team instructions, and set their roles, there was good chemistry between the midfielders and the wingers and fullbacks when we got to the training ground.I appointed Hamsik as Captain and Insigne his assistant. I left them in the hands of the training coach to meet with the board of directors. I was going to be given a transfer budget of £17.7 million and a wage budget of £2.1 million.

Match Day:

I had been up all night watching highlights of Inter Milan's game, Mauro Icardi was definitely a threat, the fans expected us to reach the semi finals of the Italian Cup and winning was paramount if I was to start my career on a good note.

It was cold, winter was here, I wore my blue sneakers and jacket and drove the club's BMW to the Sao Paolo early that morning, training began as early as 8, Dries Martens looked like the best striker in the club, but I was starting to have my doubts. As he and Hamsik (who was a bit greedy weren't connecting during training.) I hoped they would learn before the match.

The match started 5:30pm, the stadium was almost full, and the game got underway, Inter were intense but Pepe Reina did good, then it happened, Raul Albiol gave away a penalty after a harsh tackle on Icardi, Icardi stepped up to take it and cleanly finished. Hamsik was losing the ball alot in the middle, so I put him on the wings, with Insigne striking and Dries Martens being a playmaker.

Almost immediately it paid, Hamsik made a brilliant run down the wing before crossing for Callejon who neatly finished, the stadium erupted. Halftime.
The players seemed quite tensed in the dressing room, with all aggression I asked them to prove to the world they've been wrong about us, They got motivated and went out full of zeal, but it was to be for nothing as the game ran into extra time, 119th minute, I looked at the scoreboard and sighed, I hated penalties, but then the stadium erupted, I looked at the screen, Hamsik had scored a wonderful solo effort!!! I knelt down and screamed, we had done it.

2-1, the game ended, we beat Inter, I went to the press conference proud, the world was just starting to know my name, but the win wasn't convincing enough for the players to give me their full backing.

Back in my office, I looked at the calendar, the transfer window would be open in a week and rumours were spreading about some of my players leaving to big teams, It wasn't going to be an easy month for sure.

For those who want the game, Quote or DM @olayinkajnr

Re: Official Football Manager Thread by CrazyScientist: 10:45pm On Oct 29, 2017
Chapter 3:

We had our first league game against Cagliari, the window was open and the pressure was on, could we keep some of the big names linked with a move away from us. Then it happened, As we lined up to take on Cagliari, I could see Insigne, his agent and 2 men in black suits discussing. I waved it off to concentrate on the match. We were in control of the game and Hamsik did it again in the 44th minute, putting us in front. It made my half time talk easier as the players were raring to go, and it showed as Hamsik found the back of the net again in the 48th minute. Full Time, we won. But I still had to convince the players, the board and the media I could be consistent.

We had won, but we were still in 8th place after 20games.

On my way to the car, Insigne's agent met me.

"my client has been contacted by Bayern Munich and he would like to discuss terms with them, I looked at him for some seconds, I could see fear in his eyes, the Italian League was known for its dirty deals, I nodded, entered the car and drove away.

The next day, Bayern officials were in my office with a £35million offer for Insigne, I took a pen, striked out the 35 and wrote 60,they looked at each other and offered 45,I smiled, but didn't move they added a 20% clause on future transfers, I smiled wider, they then offered £53million, I stopped smiling, looked at them, took a pen and signed, It was done, Insigne was leaving.

I need players to sign guys, affordable and efficient, a winger, a striker and an AF, any suggestions? . Like and Comment smiley

Re: Official Football Manager Thread by olayinkajnr(m): 6:15am On Oct 30, 2017
Nice read bro.
Re: Official Football Manager Thread by sonofthunder: 10:00pm On Oct 30, 2017
CrazyScientist:
Chapter 3:

We had our first league game against Cagliari, the window was open and the pressure was on, could we keep some of the big names linked with a move away from us. Then it happened, As we lined up to take on Cagliari, I could see Insigne, his agent and 2 men in black suits discussing. I waved it off to concentrate on the match. We were in control of the game and Hamsik did it again in the 44th minute, putting us in front. It made my half time talk easier as the players were raring to go, and it showed as Hamsik found the back of the net again in the 48th minute. Full Time, we won. But I still had to convince the players, the board and the media I could be consistent.

We had won, but we were still in 8th place after 20games.

On my way to the car, Insigne's agent met me.

"my client has been contacted by Bayern Munich and he would like to discuss terms with them, I looked at him for some seconds, I could see fear in his eyes, the Italian League was known for its dirty deals, I nodded, entered the car and drove away.

The next day, Bayern officials were in my office with a £35million offer for Insigne, I took a pen, striked out the 35 and wrote 60,they looked at each other and offered 45,I smiled, but didn't move they added a 20% clause on future transfers, I smiled wider, they then offered £53million, I stopped smiling, looked at them, took a pen and signed, It was done, Insigne was leaving.

I need players to sign guys, affordable and efficient, a winger, a striker and an AF, any suggestions? . Like and Comment smiley
would have said Neymar and Hazard but you can also try Moses, Asencio or Icardi...
Re: Official Football Manager Thread by CrazyScientist: 11:01pm On Oct 30, 2017
sonofthunder:

would have said Neymar and Hazard but you can also try Moses, Asencio or Icardi...

Thanks,Nice ideas, but I have to consider my budget and club stature.
Re: Official Football Manager Thread by CrazyScientist: 11:18pm On Oct 30, 2017
Chapter 4: Greener Days

With insigne gone, training had to be in extra gear, we had a run of three matches against, Verona, Sassuolo and Benevento, for a squad of our stature, these should be friendly games and we breezed through them, winning every one 3-1, 2-0 and 1-0 respectively, Dries Martens had started showing glimpses of the excellent stats I saw in training on the pitch scoring in each match. With that taking us to 6th place.

But with a greater test in the Italian Cup semi-final against Lazio and even greater run of fixtures, I knew I had to strengthen the squad. That meant getting rid of old wood, guangzhou offered 10 million for Raul Albiol, at 32 that was pretty much the highest I could get for him so I sold him, though he wasn't happy about it, he knew there was no point playing where he wasn't wanted.
I had £53million now to spend, but that wasn't enough to get the kind of talent I wanted.

The Italian Cup semi-final first leg game against Lazio was intense, in front of a home crowd of 53,000 but we stepped up to the occasion and Hamsik scored in the 6th minute, Lazio equalised in the 17th minute and the game was a bore up till half time. But the boys were raring to go and in the 2nd half we won the game 3-1 thanks to goals from Dries Martens and Vallejo.

I sat in my office looking at the calender, Callejon had been injured during the Italian Cup, and I didn't have much suitable replacement. I set to work immediately, I heard Pulisic's agent was in town and I arranged a meeting, his client was interested, we decided to wait till next season as his club wanted more than we could afford, I skyped Dele Alli, I was good friends with his agent and Alli was fascinated by the prospect of the Italian League, but with his current form it was also going to be a big ask, I settled for the next best thing, loans...

Re: Official Football Manager Thread by CrazyScientist: 11:37pm On Oct 30, 2017
Chapter 5: Deadline Maestro

It was the transfer deadline day, smoke filled the room from the pipe his agent was smoking, he was juggling a ball in the corner, his agent finally broke the silence,
"£2.5million per playing month, with 100% wages is what he will accept, you know he's a stubborn man"

"he is no doubt, tell him 80% wages, but we'll contribute the 2.5"

His agent went to a corner and made a phone call, he seemed tense, he came back and shook my hands.
"Deal"

I smiled and signed the paper work, See you at Italy lad, I pat the young striker on his back and left the downtown hotel we had held the secret meeting in England.

It was all over the news, Napoli Sign Marcus Rashford On Loan Till End Of The Season.

Wow, news moves fast, I thought as I left my second hotel in Liverpool, this one wasn't in secret though, the press got wind of my decision to sign Wijnaldum on loan from Liverpool.

I had already concluded my 3rd loan signing the previous day, I hit up an AC Milan player and promised him playing time, we had signed his loan deal without his agent as his agent had tried to block the deal but ended up in the hospital after an "unfortunate event" where he was attacked by thugs lipsrsealed

So there I had it, three loan deals complete at the end of the January window, Rashford, Wijnaldum and Hakan Calhanoglou.

I jetted back to Italy to prepare for Hell Month starting with a tough game against Genoa.

Re: Official Football Manager Thread by niyiforeal(m): 12:32am On Oct 31, 2017
CrazyScientist:

Thanks,Nice ideas, but I have to consider my budget and club stature.
why not go for lacazette good as winger and striker
Re: Official Football Manager Thread by Deeypeey(m): 1:00pm On Oct 31, 2017
good one bro...waiting fr more
rashford and hakan good deals
u cud try Draxler and Lucas at PSG... dey d want away from thr...arrival of Mbappe and Neymar wud definitely limit thr playing tym...and quite good deals too I think.
Re: Official Football Manager Thread by CrazyScientist: 8:57am On Nov 04, 2017
Chapter 6:

Rashford proved to be a good deal, scoring on his debut against Genoa, then scoring again in the next match against Roma, we beat fernahbace 1-0 in the Europa League first knock out round, then went on to a resounding 3-0 victory against spal.

Patchy Days

As if jinxed we went on to draw three games, the 2nd leg against Fernahbace, the Italian Cup semi final 2nd leg against Lazio and a league game against Inter.
But they were enough to send us to the Italian Cup Final and Europa League 2nd Knockout round.

We went on a winning streak beating Everton on both legs on the Europa League 2nd Knockout round and beating Zenit on both legs on the Europa League quarter final.

Hakan Calhanoglou and Rashford were settling nicely, but Wijnaldum was a disaster, losing possession when we couldn't afford to. Rashford was good only issue was his selfishness and Hakan needed to work on his finishing.

Adversaries

Jorginho was one of those players who hated, well, he was the one who openly showed it, I tried everything, praising him, setting up meetings, but he just wouldn't have it, his performance on the pitch wasn't all that, so he was on the bench and that didn't strengthen our relationship in any way.
Others included the 2nd choice keeper, Luigi Sepe, Marko Rog and Steven Defour. I could say the feeling was mutual as they didn't impress me on the pitch.
The others players didn't really love me, but results were starting to make them give me a chance.

We had just drawn AC Milan in the Europa League. they were 9th on the table, while we were 5th, but they were still worthy opponents.
We dominated the first leg, but a mistake from Pepe Reina when he left the goal ensured we scraped only a draw from the first leg.

Re: Official Football Manager Thread by CrazyScientist: 9:11am On Nov 04, 2017
Chapter 7

The boys turned up the heat in the Europa League semi final 2nd leg, goals from Maksimovic and Amadou Diawara put us through to the finals to face almighty Arsenal FC.

We were to play League Leaders Juventus in the league and then in the Italian Cup final. I could feel the pressure, with the talent of Dybala and Buffoon, they were quite unstoppable and they showed us why they were league leaders beating us 2-0 in the league, thanks to Dybala.

The board didn't expect me to win the Italian Cup, they wouldn't be judging me on that, but I had a name to show to the world. My boys were ready, and instead of asking for revenge, I told them to show the world they were winners.
Honestly I only wanted a draw with them in the league, but this was a must win. Juventus as if underestimating us on cue, dropped dybala and buffon for the Italian Cup Final, and they paid dearly as Hamsik assisted Milik in the 14th minute, I wasn't going to counter or defend, we were in control of this match and in the 70th minute, fresh legs, Ounas made it 2-0 the tense mood in the stadium erupted, we were definitely Champions, there were more than 5yellow cards on each side to show the intensity of the game and at full time, we were crowned Champions, the players were starting to have faith in me, the media was agog, I was the wonder manager.
I got inducted into the Nigeria's Managers Hall Of Fame, I was the fifth best manager to come out from Nigeria.

Fans celebrated into the night, but the work had just begun, if we won our match against AC milan we would end 3rd on the table, and that was all I wanted, Champions League Qualification.

Re: Official Football Manager Thread by CrazyScientist: 9:33am On Nov 04, 2017
Chapter 8:

We drew AC Milan meaning we finished 4th place in the league, despite beating Fiorentina in the final fixture of the league, but that was enough to put us in the Champions League group stage.

Europa League Final l

We travelled to France for the final, the talent of Lacazette, Sanchez and Ozil meant Arsenal would be worthy opponents. But due to crisis with Arsene Wenger, Ozil and Sanchez were a doubt and indeed they were, with Iwobi and Walcott featuring instead.

Wenger had told the press Rashford was our toughest link for him and it hit me, he had played against them in the Premier League and knew their side, Rashford was in!
And verily verily he made Iwobi score an own goal in the 17th minute, before setting up Maksimovic to score in the 30th minute, we dominated the game, but Arsenal got their only consolation with a goal from Lacazette in the 73rd minute, FULL TIME! we were Champions, the players had belief in me, just a little, but that was enough for me. The board and fans alike were pleased, I moved up the Nigeria Hall of Fame to become the Best Manager Ever to Come from Nigeria.

I sat in my office to read the mails, an autonomous mail encouraged me to apply for the Chelsea Manager Vacancy as they had just sacked Conte for finishing with them at fifth place. I thought of Napoli, I thought of loyalty, but chelsea was my favourite club, it would be a dream come true to manage them, I clicked the next mail, the board gave me just £20million pounds to work on transfer budgets, I met with them to discuss the issue, they felt it was enough, when this inflated transfer market had players going for £120million in the least.
The board felt we were performing at an acceptable level and wouldn't grant my request for more funds.

Dele Alli would cost me 150,and Lemar 80,I was disappointed, I remembered the chelsea mail, I contacted my contacts at England and sent my credentials, I was leaving this "stingy club" for the big money.
I applied for the job privately and in three days I received a mail from "ROMAN ABRAHAMOVIC", I was invited for the job interview cause I had made a name in just 6months, was I dreaming?!

The napoli board heard rumours and asked me to discuss with them on staying, I ignored the mail and flew to England, after a quite successful interview, the chelsea board said they would get back to me in a week.

I was flabbergasted, if they actually offered me the job, then sorry, but that would be bye bye Napoli!!!

1 Like

Re: Official Football Manager Thread by CrazyScientist: 9:40am On Nov 04, 2017
Season 1 Review

Club: Napoli FC
League: Finished 4th
Europa League: Won.
Italian Cup: Won

The Drama Has Just Begun wink

1 Like

Re: Official Football Manager Thread by olayinkajnr(m): 11:11am On Nov 04, 2017
Nice read Daniel.

I enjoyed every bit of it. Your story make me wanna get my PC. Can't use my official PC for FM at all.

Try to feature it on FMSCOUT. Or if you are interested in being a writer, I can contact Stam on your behalf.

2 Likes

Re: Official Football Manager Thread by CrazyScientist: 11:58am On Nov 04, 2017
olayinkajnr:
Nice read Daniel.

I enjoyed every bit of it. Your story make me wanna get my PC. Can't use my official PC for FM at all.

Try to feature it on FMSCOUT. Or if you are interested in being a writer, I can contact Stam on your behalf.

Ayt, thanks man. Appreciate.
Re: Official Football Manager Thread by rapheeky(m): 4:53pm On Nov 04, 2017
Ur are definitely a good writer ....BT y u no like jorginho...DAT dude is one of d best CM in d world now...maybe na ur tactics ...if u play like tiki taka ...u go enjoy DAT dude ....he calms d tempo of d game .
Re: Official Football Manager Thread by CrazyScientist: 6:54pm On Nov 04, 2017
rapheeky:
Ur are definitely a good writer ....BT y u no like jorginho...DAT dude is one of d best CM in d world now...maybe na ur tactics ...if u play like tiki taka ...u go enjoy DAT dude ....he calms d tempo of d game .

Na tiki taka I dey play, he dey kill the tempo of the game upon him good stats. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Football Manager Thread by DrholuwaTOBI(m): 9:24am On Nov 08, 2017
Can I get the mobile version?
Re: Official Football Manager Thread by olayinkajnr(m): 10:25am On Nov 08, 2017
DrholuwaTOBI:
Can I get the mobile version?

Send me a pm
Re: Official Football Manager Thread by olayinkajnr(m): 10:34am On Nov 08, 2017
CrazyScientist, which team do you recommend I start with for my FMM18 story?
Re: Official Football Manager Thread by CrazyScientist: 10:54am On Nov 08, 2017
olayinkajnr:
CrazyScientist, which team do you recommend I start with for my FMM18 story?

West Ham: made some good signings like Joe Hart and chicharito hernandez.. . Would be a challenge to see what they can achieve

AC Milan: there good days are behind them, try bringing them back to glory

Napoli: good young and talented squad

Everton: with Lukaku gone and an aging rooney can you lead them to glory?
Re: Official Football Manager Thread by Chidexter(m): 1:49pm On Nov 08, 2017
someone help me with the PC version pls
Re: Official Football Manager Thread by olayinkajnr(m): 2:16pm On Nov 08, 2017
CrazyScientist:

West Ham: made some good signings like Joe Hart and chicharito hernandez.. . Would be a challenge to see what they can achieve

AC Milan: there good days are behind them, try bringing them back to glory

Napoli: good young and talented squad

Everton: with Lukaku gone and an aging rooney can you lead them to glory?

I'll go with West Ham and AC MILAN

1 Like

Re: Official Football Manager Thread by olayinkajnr(m): 2:17pm On Nov 08, 2017
Chidexter:
someone help me with the PC version pls

Follow this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/4097744/football-manager-2018-official-thread
Re: Official Football Manager Thread by olayinkajnr(m): 3:37am On Nov 10, 2017
Finally

1 Like

Re: Official Football Manager Thread by DrholuwaTOBI(m): 12:30pm On Nov 11, 2017
olayinkajnr:

Send me a pm

You have not gotten back to me.
How about if you give me ur what's app number?
Re: Official Football Manager Thread by olayinkajnr(m): 12:48pm On Nov 11, 2017
DrholuwaTOBI:

You have not gotten back to me.
How about if you give me ur what's app number?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FIFA Or PES: Which Do You Prefer? / Is There Anyway. I Can Download Ps3 Games From My Laptop And Send Them To My Ps3 / Surebet247: Help Care And New Website-related Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.