Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,966 members, 7,803,206 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? (44469 Views)

Exposing Why Oyinbos Probably Cannot Find God, Nor Be Saved. / Intuition Or Holy Spirit?A Little Child Said To Me:"God Told Me No To Be Afraid" / I Need To Find God And Get Answers To My Prayers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 12:26am On Oct 31, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Good question! Evil came from the Devil via pride and envy...And who created the Devil (that also has a freewill!)...GOD!

Think of the Devil as a cancer cell or mutation.

Cheers

!)So, since the all-knowing God must have known before-hand that this Devil he wants to create will rebel, why did he go ahead to create him?
2)Or should we assume he didn't know that the devil will rebel?
3)Or probably he knew the devil will rebel but went ahead and allowed the evil to stand?

IF 1 is true, then God is a gambler and he is unsure of events that will unfold
IF 2 is true, then God is not all-knowing.
IF 3 is true, then God is Malevolent.

Cheers grin
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 3:26am On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

!)So, since the all-knowing God must have known before-hand that this Devil he wants to create will rebel, why did he go ahead to create him?
3)Or probably he knew the devil will rebel but went ahead and allowed the evil to stand?

Cheers grin

Calm down na, no be fight. grin

But hope you understand where I'm coming from. God knows the possible outcomes of your choice, but HE never knows the choice you are going to make because of the Freewill you have. At least we are clear on this one right?

Because the way I understand omniscient is He knows all possible outcomes subject to your choice and that of others too.

The TRUTH in its raw form goes well beyond religion, that's why I started with you on the grounds of common sense. Religion gives the TRUTH a form and coloration people can easily identify with. Hope you understand me.

I await your response.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 3:29am On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

Cheers grin

I will state it clearly again, I'll be honest with you o, I don't know what religious people did to you that they said God is omniscient to the extent that He knew the Devil will rebel after He was created. I will not argue on where my knowledge no reach, if not na lies I go dey tell you.

Hope you understand me right?
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 3:33am On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

Then he is simply not omniscient, all-knowing. He doesn't know everything if as mighty as he is he doesn't know my choice of actions. At least we agree on this one. Thank you for clarifying this.

Perhaps, some religious people gave you a flawed definition of omniscient. I hope you don't mind doing a personal research on what omniscient truly means in Hebrew for instance. Don't let people with narrow views confuse or annoy you further.

As for me, at least you can tell I'm discussing with you with an open mind.

What I don't know, I will never claim to know so I won't prove a point and end up misleading you.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 3:36am On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

There are none of your questions I have skipped. I have answered them all.

I maintain, God did not give the raw materials for and brains for technology. Energy is solely responsible.

God gave Abraham the same head shape and brain as Einstein. Why didn't he devise something technological?
In fact, science just came to be in the 17th century when the Greeks inquisitive minds started freeing themselves from the shackles of religion.

Why wasn't religion able to bring technological advancements? Oh, it's a bondage, not knowledge. I know, and you know.

I am glad to know you have moved on from religion, it's a nice step towards great understanding but believing in a god is no better.

One question, do you believe there is an unseen hand behind the programming of the Universe? Or everything from the planets to the stars to the galaxies are just there by accident?

This energy you keep talking about, does it have a starting point or it just came to be?

Lemme give a shocker, this energy you talk of that formed the universe and e.t.c. is what ancient people called 'God' back then. Now because of advancements in research and tech, we can see 'God' in its raw form so to speak.
Do you know you are a fragment of this energy? That you and I came from this one source of life giving energy?

I am quite sure we are seeing the same thing from different viewpoints. Honestly, I've gone beyond seeing 'God' as another idol to be worshipped. I've moved on from religion to see the TRUTH in its raw form.

Let's not see this as an argument, I'm rubbing minds with you.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 3:59am On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

1) God is a story without a beginning, isn't it? That's one. Or does he have a beginning? But according to your question, you don't believe there can be a story without a beginning, how come you believe in God?
2)Have you ever drawn a circle with a compass or anything before? If yes, you already know the answer to this.
3)I was born, yes not created. My life started when my parents decided to have sex and not when one God decided to mold clay.

I guess you should be submitting your agreement now.

Remember I told you I've moved on from seeing God through the eye-glass of religion. And the funny thing is you just admitted you believe in God (not the same way religious people see it though) without you knowing it.

For you to make sense of all of creation, you have to identify a starting point of a circle, and the funny thing is it works like an illusion. The moment you think you have the starting point figured out, You land into a bigger circle linked to the initial one and so on... You might eventually find out that God was a created by a Bigger God and the Bigger God was created by the Biggest God and so on. Give yourself peace of mind and identify a starting point.

Thanks for your answer on my circle question. Everything about creation operates on the principle of circles/cycles. The starting point of this circle is God (or energy as you see it), everything starts with Him/It and ends with him/It. That is why Christians and Jews call Him/It the Alpha and Omega.

You touch any point of a circle, that point is the beginning and the end.

I want to be honest with you on something. I don't know in exact details how this world began, different religions comes up with funny stories to bridge this gap. However I'm safe to conclude everything has a starting point.

And as for you, the basic concept of God is energy to you which is correct, but it's GOD to religious people. You are only seeing things from an enlightened view point. Keep it up. Bear in mind though that there's a way to attract and repel this energy...there are principles and instructions.

But saying there's no God is like saying there's no Energy, hope you understand me.

The only part I differ with you a bit is where you said the energy isn't conscious or something like that. It's like saying a body is functioning without a BRAIN ( I can hear Christians shouting Trinity grin).

You have accepted the TRUTH in a manner that religious people cannot comprehend and you are blessed for it.

Cheers, I'll be awaiting your response. Do have a great day ahead.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by juanomowa(m): 8:43am On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

Adam brought evil? Was Adam the creator of the serpent who deceived Eve? Why blame Adam for listening to his wife?

How can you even say I don't understand when you're not listening? Your words "God knows very well what will happen, so He made the Law." Now my Question is this, did God make the law to avert what he knew will happen? Or he knew what will happen despite making the law? Please read these questions more than once to understand them before providing answers. Because if God knew what will happen, then he should have equally known that they will not follow the law, in fact, he should have known that we will argue today 4 billion years ago. But if God was hoping that they would follow the law, then God doesn't certainly know what will happen next, it's all a gamble for him, which means he is not omniscient. Think bro, just think.

The caging here is that we must obey the commandments or die, isn't it? That's caging bro. A uncaged bird can fly wherever it wants and nobody will punish it for that. Is that how God treats you?

Before the commandments came, there had been evil. The commandments came after the Moses revolution in Egypt according to the Bible.
Prior to the commandments, God had always chosen from the household of Abraham favoring them over others. According to the bible still.
So which other commandments are you referring to?

Is Man responsible? I am disappointed you have opted to blame Man who was not there when the transaction between God and Devil was struck to disturb man on earth, A clueless man. You blame Adam for listening to his wife, that this same God gave him despite he did not ask for her. This same God probably didn't see the future that Eve will listen to a serpent and in turn deceive Adam.
God created the Devil, God created Eve, God created Adam, God created evil, God himself is evil. Only that he doesn't even exist and everything comes back void. We are alone.

I'm done with you, you are not understanding any of it.

The Law or Commandments was created even before the world was, which is the Law of the Universe. I aint talking about the earthly commandment given to Moses.

Like i said, it is too deep.

You may keep to your beliefs; you are making it look like I'm here to argue.

Be yo'self.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 8:55am On Oct 31, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Calm down na, no be fight. grin
I ain't fighting you na.

OkaiCorne:

But hope you understand where I'm coming from. God knows the possible outcomes of your choice, but HE never knows the choice you are going to make because of the Freewill you have. At least we are clear on this one right?

why did you echo this? We already agreed that God knows certain things only. Like the consequences of actions, but he doesn't know the actions until you take them. Which means he is not all-knowing.

OkaiCorne:

Because the way I understand omniscient is He knows all possible outcomes subject to your choice and that of others too.
The way you understand is important, but the way it really is is more important. Omniscient is all-knowing by all standards. And since we have agreed he doesn't know the actions people will take, God doesn't qualify as all-knowing. That's very simple, don't make it harder.

OkaiCorne:

The TRUTH in its raw form goes well beyond religion, that's why I started with you on the grounds of common sense. Religion gives the TRUTH a form and coloration people can easily identify with. Hope you understand me.

I await your response.

Thanks for agreeing again that the truth can't be found through religion since it is beyond it, this is what we have been hammering to religionists and theists who want to die for religion. If God exists, then he has flaws and he is guilty of so many crimes. Common sense doesn't really apply with any deity at all. In fact, common sense says there is no god anywhere. That's my response.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 8:58am On Oct 31, 2017
OkaiCorne:

I will state it clearly again, I'll be honest with you o, I don't know what religious people did to you that they said God is omniscient to the extent that He knew the Devil will rebel after He was created. I will not argue on where my knowledge no reach, if not na lies I go dey tell you.

Hope you understand me right?

Well, I guess they were honest too because, in the real sense, omniscient cannot have an extent. Omniscient covers all extents, 'all-knowing' knows everything. The future, the end, just everything.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 9:05am On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

Well, I guess they were honest too because, in the real sense, omniscient cannot have an extent. Omniscient covers all extents, 'all-knowing' knows everything. The future, the end, just everything.

Then we have a common ground! smiley

There is a God, but religion portrays a flawed version of Him/It.

That is why I desire to understand the TRUTH in its raw form. Religion was just a stepping stone towards that journey.

Cheers cool
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 9:06am On Oct 31, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Perhaps, some religious people gave you a flawed definition of omniscient. I hope you don't mind doing a personal research on what omniscient truly means in Hebrew for instance. Don't let people with narrow views confuse or annoy you further.

As for me, at least you can tell I'm discussing with you with an open mind.

What I don't know, I will never claim to know so I won't prove a point and end up misleading you.

Why Hebrew? For starters, I don't speak it and you don't speak it. And according to the English language, we have both been speaking and writing, all-knowing is omniscient. We don't need to keep dragging this one. If there is a God, he is not omniscient, there millions of proofs to that effect, it's simple.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 9:12am On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

Why Hebrew? For starters, I don't speak it and you don't speak it. And according to the English language, we have both been speaking and writing, all-knowing is omniscient. We don't need to keep dragging this one. If there is a God, he is not omniscient, there millions of proofs to that effect, it's simple.

You could write something in Hebrew and it can be wrongly intepreted out of context in English or Greek.

I did some research on what the Spirit of God meant in Hebrew and guess what?! It actually means Life Giving ENERGY, which corroborates your point of view on Energy.

The pretty English Bible Christians carry up and down are full of twisted intepretations and errors.

At times I begin to wonder who benefits from mixing lies and errors with the Truth that forms the Holy Book religious people carry up and down today. Who stands to benefit from this evil conspiracy? angry

Infact, I'll advice you research ancient scrolls outside Hebrew and look out for uniform patterns in their messages and stories...you'll find out interesting stuffs. For example compare the story of Genesis to the Epics of Gilgamesh...same plot line, different actors

I always advocate for people to observe the TRUTH in its unwritten form, unwritten TRUTH always complements written TRUTH. Where you spot inconsistencies between written and unwritten TRUTH, you will easily spot a lie or error.

Written TRUTH always gets corrupted over time.

Cheers
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 10:05am On Oct 31, 2017
OkaiCorne:

One question, do you believe there is an unseen hand behind the programming of the Universe? Or everything from the planets to the stars to the galaxies are just there by accident?
No, I don't. Why? Because the universe is full of errors. If a God programmed this Universe, then he is incompetent. Vey very incompetent looking around it's very easy to see that. Have you ever seen the universe full fledge? If you believe you God created this universe, then I am disappointed in the creator. But on the other hand, Energy cannot be created nor destroyed. Energy is the Alpha and the Omega. You can only convert it from one form to the other. Energy is what most of you perceive as God and worships. But this Energy is not self-aware or conscious, it just acts. This Energy is not a being, it doesn't have angels, does not have a fierce enemy. Is not omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent. Does not control human beings. Did not create hellfire, Did not do a lot of things.

OkaiCorne:

This energy you keep talking about, does it have a starting point or it just came to be?

What's wrong with just coming to be? Don't you believe it can just come to be? Why believe God then just came to be?

OkaiCorne:

Lemme give a shocker, this energy you talk of that formed the universe and e.t.c. is what ancient people called 'God' back then. Now because of advancements in research and tech, we can see 'God' in its raw form so to speak.
Do you know you are a fragment of this energy? That you and I came from this one source of life giving energy?

Hahahaha, let me laugh a little. No that's actually an irony. This Energy is what you people now call God, and God that you people are going crazy about now has probably always been energy and is not worth being worshipped or feared. You just have to appreciate it.

OkaiCorne:

I am quite sure we are seeing the same thing from different viewpoints. Honestly, I've gone beyond seeing 'God' as another idol to be worshipped. I've moved on from religion to see the TRUTH in its raw form.

Let's not see this as an argument, I'm rubbing minds with you.

Well, my viewpoint is plain. If God exists, then he's got to be perfect. But he is not as you have agreed he is only omniscient "to an extent" of which there is nothing as that. Energy has flaws and we know, so we in the science world have discovered how to use this energy to perfection.
I still maintain there is no being called God, because all these flaws are too cheap for a would be God. Is there anyway you want to explain the deficiencies of an Almighty who is not perfect? brother, we are truly not arguing, we are just enlightening each other.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 10:10am On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

I think we still need a bit of clarity on the omniscient stuff.
If someone is all knowing, what is more important, a knowledge of the answers or a knowledge of the steps to the answers ( which is out of HIS control thanks to your freewill)?

Also saying there's no God is like saying there's no Energy... Do you get my drift?
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 10:14am On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

No, I don't. Why? Because the universe is full of errors. If a God programmed this Universe, then he is incompetent. Vey very incompetent looking around it's very easy to see that. Have you ever seen the universe full fledge? If you believe you God created this universe, then I am disappointed in the creator. But on the other hand, Energy cannot be created nor destroyed. Energy is the Alpha and the Omega. You can only convert it from one form to the other. Energy is what most of you perceive as God and worships. But this Energy is not self-aware or conscious, it just acts. This Energy is not a being, it doesn't have angels, does not have a fierce enemy. Is not omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent. Does not control human beings. Did not create hellfire, Did not do a lot of things.

What's wrong with just coming to be? Don't you believe it can just come to be? Why believe God then just came to be?

Hahahaha, let me laugh a little. No that's actually an irony. This Energy is what you people now call God, and God that you people are going crazy about now has probably always been energy and is not worth being worshipped or feared. You just have to appreciate it.

Well, my viewpoint is plain. If God exists, then he's got to be perfect. But he is not as you have agreed he is only omniscient "to an extent" of which there is nothing as that. Energy has flaws and we know, so we in the science world have discovered how to use this energy to perfection.
I still maintain there is no being called God, because all these flaws are too cheap for a would be God. Is there anyway you want to explain the deficiencies of an Almighty who is not perfect? brother, we are truly not arguing, we are just enlightening each other.

Cool bro, at least it's comforting to know you don't see me as a religious zealot trying to impose my views on you.

Although I've not convinced you in anyway, I can be proud of learning a few things from our discussion.

Till our paths cross again cool

One word of advice, don't waste your time arguing with religious people and their narrow mindset, they'll only drain your energy.
Let the fruit of your work speak for you.
It will be painful to be enlightened and your world/circle of influence is not any better for it.

Cheers
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 12:00pm On Oct 31, 2017
So Akin1212, just to be sure I get you clearly.

We both agree that there is a creator (whether it is God or Energy)

But this Creator is not what Religion paints Him/It to be right?
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 1:29pm On Oct 31, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Remember I told you I've moved on from seeing God through the eye-glass of religion. And the funny thing is you just admitted you believe in God (not the same way religious people see it though) without you knowing it.

One thing I don't like when discussing is when people try to self-validate their points which negates my points. You have to clearly understand this, I don't believe in God. God is a spiritual being who created everything, according to his believers. And I reject the existence of such being. Please, let's know what we are doing.

OkaiCorne:

For you to make sense of all of creation, you have to identify a starting point of a circle, and the funny thing is it works like an illusion. The moment you think you have the starting point figured out, You land into a bigger circle linked to the initial one and so on... You might eventually find out that God was a created by a Bigger God and the Bigger God was created by the Biggest God and so on. Give yourself peace of mind and identify a starting point.

There is no rule which states that for you to make sense of creations, you must identify a starting point of a circle. Or do you want me to believe that because you said it? This theory is yours and it's very invalid to me. It may be valid to you, I can't force it.You're right about one thing though, God is an illusion, it's not there but seems to be there. You keep falling into circles of the unknown and so kept thinking something must be responsible. But for me, for you to make sense of all creations, you must first understand all creations, starting with the essence of life. After studying life at the molecular level, I am telling you that it was not created. Believe what you will, but if it's God, then you're wrong.

OkaiCorne:

Thanks for your answer on my circle question. Everything about creation operates on the principle of circles/cycles. The starting point of this circle is God (or energy as you see it), everything starts with Him/It and ends with him/It. That is why Christians and Jews call Him/It the Alpha and Omega.
Have you ever drawn a circle with a compass or anything before? If yes, you already know the answer to this.
The bolded is my answer to your circle question. How does it point to your above statement? Please let us discuss within the confines of individual posts and answers and not bring what the other party did not say into the discussion.
The starting point must start at a particular time, won't it? Even the starting point must be controlled by some forces. Who controlled God the starting point of creation?

OkaiCorne:

You touch any point of a circle, that point is the beginning and the end.

I want to be honest with you on something. I don't know in exact details how this world began, different religions comes up with funny stories to bridge this gap. However I'm safe to conclude everything has a starting point.
Okay, now I see clearly where your conclusions and belief came from. You don't know it, but yet you explain it. Wonderful!

OkaiCorne:

And as for you, the basic concept of God is energy to you which is correct, but it's GOD to religious people. You are only seeing things from an enlightened view point. Keep it up. Bear in mind though that there's a way to attract and repel this energy...there are principles and instructions.

It may be anything to anybody, it may even be slippers or water or cow or statue, or book, anything imaginable. But what makes it wrong is when they ignorantly claim that he doesn't want you to serve any other god, he is Jealous, he created the whole world, he is angry, he has a son and a host of many claims. Energy that powers the universe is innocent of all these and as I responded in of my posts up there, Energy is not self-conscious, it is not a being, it is not supernatural and spiritual, it does not have angels nor a fierce enemy.

OkaiCorne:

But saying there's no God is like saying there's no Energy, hope you understand me.
I think I have addressed this above. There is no God, but there is energy. They are two different things.

OkaiCorne:

The only part I differ with you a bit is where you said the energy isn't conscious or something like that. It's like saying a body is functioning without a BRAIN ( I can hear Christians shouting Trinity grin).
Why are so you confident in not understanding the difference? Can energy make a choice to create humans? Can energy make a choice to throw people in hellfire? Please comprehend.

OkaiCorne:

You have accepted the TRUTH in a manner that religious people cannot comprehend and you are blessed for it.

Cheers, I'll be awaiting your response. Do have a great day ahead.

Religious people cannot comprehend, it's not a new acceptance from me, I have known since I got wise. Don't thank me for it. If you also believe in a God and you worship, you are also religious. And to confirm that you haven't been comprehending since we started discussing. How can you compare energy to the god you know whom is a being? Energy is not a being.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 1:34pm On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

One thing I don't like when discussing is when people try to self-validate their points which negates my points. You have to clearly understand this, I don't believe in God. God is a spiritual being who created everything, according to his believers. And I reject the existence of such being. Please, let's know what we are doing.

There is no rule which states that for you to make sense of creations, you must identify a starting point of a circle. Or do you want me to believe that because you said it? This theory is yours and it's very invalid to me. It may be valid to you, I can't force it.You're right about one thing though, God is an illusion, it's not there but seems to be there. You keep falling into circles of the unknown and so kept thinking something must be responsible. But for me, for you to make sense of all creations, you must first understand all creations, starting with the essence of life. After studying life at the molecular level, I am telling you that it was not created. Believe what you will, but if it's God, then you're wrong.

Have you ever drawn a circle with a compass or anything before? If yes, you already know the answer to this.
The bolded is my answer to your circle question. How does it point to your above statement? Please let us discuss within the confines of individual posts and answers and not bring what the other party did not say into the discussion.
The starting point must start at a particular time, won't it? Even the starting point must be controlled by some forces. Who controlled God the starting point of creation?

Okay, now I see clearly where your conclusions and belief came from. You don't know it, but yet you explain it. Wonderful!

It may be anything to anybody, it may even be slippers or water or cow or statue, or book, anything imaginable. But what makes it wrong is when they ignorantly claim that he doesn't want you to serve any other god, he is Jealous, he created the whole world, he is angry, he has a son and a host of many claims. Energy that powers the universe is innocent of all these and as I responded in of my posts up there, Energy is not self-conscious, it is not a being, it is not supernatural and spiritual, it does not have angels nor a fierce enemy.

I think I have addressed this above. There is no God, but there is energy. They are two different things.

Why are so you confident in not understanding the difference? Can energy make a choice to create humans? Can energy make a choice to throw people in hellfire? Please comprehend.

Religious people cannot comprehend, it's not a new acceptance from me, I have known since I got wise. Don't thank me for it. If you also believe in a God and you worship, you are also religious. And to confirm that you haven't been comprehending since we started discussing. How can you compare energy to the god you know whom is a being? Energy is not a being.

All the best on your journey. It appears we have no common grounds on our views then except for how we see religion

I don't need to sweat too much to prove a point.

TIME will determine what is right or wrong by the FRUITS we eventually bear.

Have an open mindset like a growing foam sponge and not a closed mindset like a rock.

Try to apply logic where necessary and intuition where necessary. Do not fit square pegs in round holes.

In summary, don't get too lost in the details that eventually lose focus of the BIG PICTURE. Don't be too fixated on a tree so much that you lose sight of the Forest.

Cheers cool

Please try as much as possible not to see this post as an insult, that is not my intention. Thanks
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 1:42pm On Oct 31, 2017
OkaiCorne:

You could write something in Hebrew and it can be wrongly intepreted out of context in English or Greek.

I did some research on what the Spirit of God meant in Hebrew and guess what?! It actually means Life Giving ENERGY, which corroborates your point of view on Energy.

The pretty English Bible Christians carry up and down are full of twisted intepretations and errors.

At times I begin to wonder who benefits from mixing lies and errors with the Truth that forms the Holy Book religious people carry up and down today. Who stands to benefit from this evil conspiracy? angry

Infact, I'll advice you research ancient scrolls outside Hebrew and look out for uniform patterns in their messages and stories...you'll find out interesting stuffs. For example compare the story of Genesis to the Epics of Gilgamesh...same plot line, different actors

I always advocate for people to observe the TRUTH in its unwritten form, unwritten TRUTH always complements written TRUTH. Where you spot inconsistencies between written and unwritten TRUTH, you will easily spot a lie or error.

Written TRUTH always gets corrupted over time.

Cheers

I don't know if you are ever going to understand this.

Now check this out, Hebrew is not the only language in the world, is it? If revelations about a supposed God was given in Hebrew, does it mean he only wants the Jewish people to accept him? Does it not give you a clue that this god was formed by the Jews? We are having these interpretation problems because we are neglecting our own gods who spoke our language and accepting other gods, but their supposed messages have to be interpreted to us. That being said, Knowing fully well that there is no god at all and no message was dropped from heaven and that everything is a way of controlling people, Why didn't the almighty god pass his message across the world at the same time at the same instant in different languages. This same god was said to be responsible for separating languages. To me, this god seems to be clueless. The happy thing is that he just doesn't exist.

I don't blame the Christians, only a few people can and have been able to break free from indoctrinations. I blame the cavemen who started it all. But the Christians will need to wise up and that's one of my functions.

It's not the fault of those who don't know Hebrew that their non-existent god didn't think about their tribe in the past.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 1:46pm On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

Now check this out, Hebrew is not the only language in the world, is it? If revelations about a supposed God was given in Hebrew, does it mean he only wants the Jewish people to accept him? Does it not give you a clue that this god was formed by the Jews? We are having these interpretation problems because we are neglecting our own gods who spoke our language and accepting other gods, but their supposed messages have to be interpreted to us. That being said, Knowing fully well that there is no god at all and no message was dropped from heaven and that everything is a way of controlling people, Why didn't the almighty god pass his message across the world at the same time at the same instant in different languages. This same god was said to be responsible for separating languages. To me, this god seems to be clueless. The happy thing is that he just doesn't exist.

I don't blame the Christians, only a few people can and have been able to break free from indoctrinations. I blame the cavemen who started it all. But the Christians will need to wise up and that's one of my functions.

It's not the fault of those who don't know Hebrew that their non-existent god didn't think about their tribe in the past.

Did you skip the part where I said you should research outside of the Hebrew language? or were you in a hurry to reply me?

I must admit something though, you made some sense on creation of life from a molecular level.

Now if the molecular level is the base of a pyramid, what is at the tip of the pyramid?

Do you know what extrapolation is all about? if yes...life graduated from a molecular level to the level of man and other mammals, now are there other far more advanced and intelligent life forms asides man outside of planet earth? Let's move this to the Universal level...
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 1:51pm On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

I wonder if you skipped the story of the Pentecost in your Bible back then sha...but no problem, I assume you made a honest mistake. I am a TRUTHSEEKER, a Christian will fight you for this one o grin
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 1:54pm On Oct 31, 2017
OkaiCorne:

All the best on your journey. It appears we have no common grounds on our views then except for how we see religion

I don't need to sweat too much to prove a point.

TIME will determine what is right or wrong by the FRUITS we eventually bear.

Have an open mindset like a growing foam sponge and not a closed mindset like a rock.

Try to apply logic where necessary and intuition where necessary. Do not fit square pegs in round holes.

In summary, don't get too lost in the details that eventually lose focus of the BIG PICTURE. Don't be too fixated on a tree so much that you lose sight of the Forest.

Cheers cool

Please try as much as possible not to see this post as an insult, that is not my intention. Thanks

Lol, so you're giving up? That's easy though.
When the going gets tough, I heard only the tough get going.
Perhaps, you have seen that the inability to prove that God doesn't exist will soon become a reality and you don't want to think about it.
It's alright, we can end the discussion. If I didn't have an open mindset, I will not be a free minded person. I am an atheist for crying out loud, who's more free-minded than an atheist?
On the contrary, you're the one who has fixed your mind on a God who is a being and there is nothing outside of that. And despite pointing out to you the many flaws of that God you so love, you're still adamant.
Logic I have been posting since yesterday, Intuitions I have been outpouring since we started. But you're set in your opinion.

Like I said, you're the one fixated on the picture that a God exists, you don't want an alternative to that. Your God is a being with emotion, and you want to bring my Energy down to that? No, Energy does not have opinions, does not have emotions either. I did't see your post as an insult. I understand you're tired. Have a nice time.

1 Like

Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 1:56pm On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

Lol, so you're giving up? That's easy though.
When the going gets tough, I heard only the tough get going.
Perhaps, you have seen that the inability to prove that God doesn't exist will soon become a reality and you don't want to think about it.
It's alright, we can end the discussion. If I didn't have an open mindset, I will not be a free minded person. I am an atheist for crying out loud, who's more free-minded than an atheist?
On the contrary, you're the one who has fixed your mind on a God who is a being and there is nothing outside of that. And despite pointing out to you the many flaws of that God you so love, you're still adamant.
Logic I have been posting since yesterday, Intuitions I have been outpouring since we started. But you're set in your opinion.

Like I said, you're the one fixated on the picture that a God exists, you don't want an alternative to that. Your God is a being with emotion, and you want to bring my Energy down to that? No, Energy does not have opinions, does not have emotions either. I did't see your post as an insult. I understand you're tired. Have a nice time.

I ain't arguing with you. But we can close this out once you reply my subsequent posts. I agree we can channel our time and energy on more productive matters than shouting who is right or wrong (especially if we are seeing the same thing from totally different perspectives), because this will not help Humanity in anyway.

Cheers
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 2:07pm On Oct 31, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Did you skip the part where I said you should research outside of the Hebrew language? or were you in a hurry to reply me?

I must admit something though, you made some sense on creation of life from a molecular level.

Now if the molecular level is the base of a pyramid, what is at the tip of the pyramid?

Do you know what extrapolation is all about? if yes...life graduated from a molecular level to the level of man and other mammals, now are there other far more advanced and intelligent life forms asides man outside of planet earth? Let's move this to the Universal level...

Are we still on? I thought you said you can't continue.

But if we are still on, I'll be glad.
I did not skip any part, my response addressed why would I read Hebrew? You see, in your approach, you are not tackling the root of the problem. Why Hebrew? Was Hebrew the language of the world when God decided to come down and introduce himself? Now we have the problems of interpretation which many people have used to garner points. I guess God didn't know it will come to this point either, clueless and not omniscient characteristics again.

If by this analogy, it will be humans. Molecular level means life from the lifeless. Proteins, DNA etc. These molecules are powered by measured energy and not supernatural whatever. You are a convoluted mass of DNA, proteins, Fat, etc connected and interacting with measured energy.

The graduation of life from the molecular level to any extent it has now does not extend beyond planet earth. And if there are far more intelligent physical being outside planet earth, their origin did not start here on planet earth, they must have their own history of civilization and they must be very different from us, after all, life is not bound to earth alone.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 2:11pm On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

Are we still on? I thought you said you can't continue.

But if we are still on, I'll be glad.
I did not skip any part, my response addressed why would I read Hebrew? You see, in your approach, you are not tackling the root of the problem. Why Hebrew? Was Hebrew the language of the world when God decided to come down and introduce himself? Now we have the problems of interpretation which many people have used to garner points. I guess God didn't know it will come to this point either, clueless and not omniscient characteristics again.

If by this analogy, it will be humans. Molecular level means life from the lifeless. Proteins, DNA etc. These molecules are powered by measured energy and not supernatural whatever. You are a convoluted mass of DNA, proteins, Fat, etc connected and interacting with measured energy.

The graduation of life from the molecular level to any extent it has now does not extend beyond planet earth. And if there are far more intelligent physical being outside planet earth, their origin did not start here on planet earth, they must have their own history of civilization and they must be very different from us, after all, life is not bound to earth alone.

If you see those at the tip as Humans...you are absolutely correct. That's if:

1) Humans can create a new planet and solar systems from the scratch OR
2) There's something more than Humans responsible for the formation of the solar system; OR
3) Your mindset is limited to what is happening on planet earth alone.

And please don't tell me unconscious energy is responsible for life as we see it right now.

But hey!!! what do I know, I might just be ABSOLUTELY STUPID and you sir are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. I guess I have been blabbing rubbish all day and you sir are the Genius that knows it all...

I'll mark you further so I can tap further into your infinite wisdom sir smiley
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 2:11pm On Oct 31, 2017
OkaiCorne:

I wonder if you skipped the story of the Pentecost in your Bible back then sha...but no problem, I assume you made a honest mistake. I am a TRUTHSEEKER, a Christian will fight you for this one o grin

Why would a renowned non-Christian believe what is written in the bible that was not interpreted well? None of your points should come from the Bible, use your knowledge bank, you have repeatedly said you are no more a Christian, so quit quoting the events of the bible to buttress your points.

Can we respond to posts one after the other so it would be easy to quote? Responding to many small posts is stressful
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 2:14pm On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

Why would a renowned non-Christian believe what is written in the bible that was not interpreted well? None of your points should come from the Bible, use your knowledge bank, you have repeatedly said you are no more a Christian, so quit quoting the events of the bible to buttress your points.

Can we respond to posts one after the other so it would be easy to quote? Responding to many small posts is stressful

Recall what I said about written and unwritten truth? The Bible (a form of written truth) although corrupted with errors still serves as a complement to unwritten truth which can be observed with common sense.

TRUTH in its purest form can be observed (like what you are doing), but fits perfectly with written truth (Holy Books, Science Journals e.t.c)...where there are contradictions, then that shows a glaring lie or error

E.g. I don't have to be a Muslim or Atheist to know there'll be a sun in the sky today or rain will fall...
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 2:20pm On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

And why would a renowned atheist like you attempt to discredit the same Bible to score points on the fact that God doesn't exist? undecided
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 2:24pm On Oct 31, 2017
OkaiCorne:

If you see those at the tip as Humans...you are absolutely correct. That's if:

1) Humans can create a new planet and solar systems from the scratch OR
2) There's something more than Humans responsible for the formation of the solar system; OR
3) Your mindset is limited to what is happening on planet earth alone.

And please don't tell me unconscious energy is responsible for life as we see it right now.

But hey!!! what do I know, I might just be ABSOLUTELY STUPID and you sir are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. I guess I have been blabbing rubbish all day and you sir are the Genius that knows it all...

I'll mark you further so I can tap further into your infinite wisdom sir smiley
I don't have infinite wisdom, but I know what I know, thanks to science. And I know you know what you know too. But that's not a reason for us not to disagree on certain grounds, like now.
Humans create planets from the scratch? Why are you moving so fast? You see that was the cause of the main problem, we didn't know and we created God to be responsible for our ignorance. If science had started from the beginning of our existence, no one would have believed any God. We found ourselves here, and we concluded a spirit who is hiding in the clouds is responsible. Why? That's stupid I
We don't need to create a planet before we can be at the tip. We don't even have the 1/billionth energy to do that. But this universal energy is responsible for everything. Do you want to eat? It's energy you need. You want to wash, it's energy. You want to sleep, it's energy, you want to sleep, it's energy, you want to think, it's energy. It's only when you're dying that you are losing energy, then the body is in equilibrium, the zero state.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 2:25pm On Oct 31, 2017
OkaiCorne:

And why would a renowned atheist like you attempt to discredit the same Bible to score points on the fact that God doesn't exist? undecided

Because I am disproving it to be incorrect, are you proving the bible to be correct?
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 2:51pm On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

Because I am disproving it to be incorrect, are you proving the bible to be correct?

The Bible may not be completely perfect, but it has elements of TRUTH AND COMMON SENSE...I can't afford to throw away the baby with the bathing water or should I?
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 2:53pm On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

I don't have infinite wisdom, but I know what I know, thanks to science. And I know you know what you know too. But that's not a reason for us not to disagree on certain grounds, like now.
Humans create planets from the scratch? Why are you moving so fast? You see that was the cause of the main problem, we didn't know and we created God to be responsible for our ignorance. If science had started from the beginning of our existence, no one would have believed any God. We found ourselves here, and we concluded a spirit who is hiding in the clouds is responsible. Why? That's stupid I
We don't need to create a planet before we can be at the tip. We don't even have the 1/billionth energy to do that. But this universal energy is responsible for everything. Do you want to eat? It's energy you need. You want to wash, it's energy. You want to sleep, it's energy, you want to sleep, it's energy, you want to think, it's energy. It's only when you're dying that you are losing energy, then the body is in equilibrium, the zero state.

Bro, do you know the funny thing, if we view all these things we are saying on a Higher level, it all comes down to viewing the same concept from totally different perspectives...there's a creator (whether na God or Energy), there's a starting point to everything (whether na God or Energy we call am), at the basic level, na the same story we dey talk.

Mallam na Mallam, whether you spell am from front or back...na still Mallam grin

Cheers...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

Prophet Joshua Iginla Buries His Mother, Moriamo Lasisi, In Grandstyle (Photos) / #PastorWilsonChallenge Trending On Twitter - Checkout Top Tweets (123.com.ng) / If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.