Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK (14210 Views)

Benue Sweet Yams. / Shipping Yams To Canada And London / Nigeria To Export Of 480 Tonnes Of Yams Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by goldfish27(m): 9:54am On Oct 30, 2017
distributed them to hungry Nigerians, it will pay more
Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by joenor(m): 10:00am On Oct 30, 2017
Na wah... Make UK ppl grow their yam na... shu we for here never see chop... em... them come dey xport am out.
Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by meforyou1(m): 10:29am On Oct 30, 2017
Ralphlauren:

Yams imported from Nigeria are now available in the UK.

I personally bought 3 tubers last week from an African store in the UK.

I was initially skeptical about the purchase as I worried that I might get home only to cut the yam and find out that it’s gone bad. However, when I cut and cooked the yam, it was very fresh, white and tasted superb.

This is no APC propaganda.
how are u sure the yam is from Nigeria? Just asking
Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by deji17: 10:35am On Oct 30, 2017
GavelSlam:
People would still find something wrong with this.

If in doubt, look below.
Its because they are mentaly lazy and insane at the same time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by deji17: 10:39am On Oct 30, 2017
anny268:
A small tuber of yam is 400 naira in Abuja, big one is at least 500 to 600 hundred naira whereas a bottle of palm oil is 450.. While a family of five can cook four pots of soup with a bottle of palm oil, can they satisfactorily feed with a tuber of yam? Crude oil? I guess u cook with crude oil at home. I'm not against d exportation of crude oil or whatever, but d exportation of yam is wrong.. Be sincere to yourself at least.
Even you can grow the yam. You should try it sometimes and you will not have to pay N600 again for a tuber. Try it, then come back to thank me or Audu Ogbe.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 30, 2017
This is good news to the exporter of yams. Thank God the importer in UK refuted the AIT story on yams being rejected or unprofitable while the sole importer in US gave the yam exported from Nigeria a good business deal. They both requested for more yams.

Thank God both importers from UK & US are not brothers to those people carrying Nigeria Coffin to Embassies abroad. The negative comments from people on nairaland against Nigeria yam is an extension of hatred that led their brothers to carry coffin to Embassies abroad. Later, having blackmailed this business, they will soon rush into the business to spoil it & use it to courier their normal known trade.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by ashjay001(m): 10:56am On Oct 30, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Another Lies from APC stables grin

Another lie, matongue

1 Like

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 30, 2017
Good.
Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by ashjay001(m): 11:03am On Oct 30, 2017
Paperwhite:
[/b]"He said: “British Airlines just called and said they are willing to fly the yams..................................................

“DHL flies cargo planes into Nigeria daily, 747 planes and they go back largely empty. They have to fill the aircraft with sand bags to balance the weight. They said arrange let’s fly this thing, we will give you discounts. “The Russian Ambassador came to my office to ask if we can sell them fruits— pawpaw, avocado pears, bananas, mangos. He came in with his jet.”[b]

grin grin grin grin grin.Meaning that if they didnt fill the aircrafts with yams,they'll loose balance and crash? Chai! grin grin grin
This is just another well crafted lie from this propaganda government after the rejected yams brouhaha.British Airways will never discuss such an initiative over the phone but at a bilateral trade agreement or MOU considering aviation international policies on movement of agricultural goods.Expect British Airways to denounce this immediately

U pple wont stop to amaze me! Cant u just try use a small part of ur medulla oblongata?

Whats so hard abt replacing d sandbags with yam tuber. Its a winwin situation for BA! They get paid, n can at least recover some fuel cash, instead of going back with sandbags!?

And, wtf do dey need any of ur thrash bilateral sh*t to carry cargo? Its left to d exporter to sort out his paperwork, how e take concern BA!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by Caseless: 11:42am On Oct 30, 2017
Exclusive32:
govt of knowingly lying and subdue lying and propagandas upon propaganda. The same yam they said was rotten at the point of exit are the same one they want to export to Niger republic.
you people don't read or ask questions, so I don't blame you.

Have you asked why the yams got bad?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by Exclusive32: 11:50am On Oct 30, 2017
Caseless:
you people don't read or ask questions, so I don't blame you.

Have you asked why the yams got bad?
you people are easily steer and deceive.
Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by Caseless: 11:56am On Oct 30, 2017
Exclusive32:

you people are easily steer and deceive.
ask questions, read and learn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by Exclusive32: 11:57am On Oct 30, 2017
Caseless:
ask questions, read and learn.
pls stop believing on propaganda.
Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by GavelSlam: 12:24pm On Oct 30, 2017
AishaBuhari:

The government has given you something to hold unto... Defending them blindly...

You always appear in Viewing This Topic Now Section in Threads that exposes this government...

What's bad is bad...

I never even saw this.

So I, as a private individual cannot be interested in topics that appeal to me?

Ehen you want to censor my views?

Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by GavelSlam: 12:28pm On Oct 30, 2017
babaolofin:
This is good news to the exporter of yams. Thank God the importer in UK refuted the AIT story on yams being rejected or unprofitable while the sole importer in US gave the yam exported from Nigeria a good business deal. They both requested for more yams.

Thank God both importers from UK & US are not brothers to those people carrying Nigeria Coffin to Embassies abroad. The negative comments from people on nairaland against Nigeria yam is an extension of hatred that led their brothers to carry coffin to Embassies abroad. Later, having blackmailed this business, they will soon rush into the business to spoil it & use it to courier their normal known trade.

Please what trade is that?

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by dammysmalz: 1:34pm On Oct 30, 2017
Funny Man... Who are the past Generations? Is he not among them? We are just fooling each other. Nigeria �� our country, Can't stop laughing �.
Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by googi: 2:38pm On Oct 30, 2017
A beg, which kind of insult be this na?

Me and dirty yam go dey fly inside the same plane fighting for space.

Seriously, Nigerians already buy farms in Central America and Mexico planting cassava, yams etc and turning them into gari and amola to sell in the USA.

Nigerians will do the same near Europe when price is high enough.

Instead of exporting raw yams for little price driving up prices at home, convert them to starch used in pharmaceutical products imported into Nigeria.

Is it a curse that Africans must sell at the lowest prices as raw materials and buy at the highest prices as finished products!
Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by bizhop01: 2:56pm On Oct 30, 2017
Good,very soon aliexpress,amazon,ebuy UNA GO SELL OUR YAM
Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by Lekayleke: 3:09pm On Oct 30, 2017
if you are pissed off with Government exporting yam to other countries, start your own subsistence farming using Yam as a case study.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by emi14: 12:31am On Oct 31, 2017
maasoap:

And most of the so called Ghana yams are actually Nigeria yams.
Why must the answer Ghanaian yams in UK
Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by olas24u(f): 5:35pm On Oct 31, 2017
[quote author=GavelSlam post=61899891]

Can't you open your own airline?

[/quote

You can see how your brain functions,you are a foolish person with Colo mentality.your airline,shipping lines represent your country, employees Nigerians,build capacity,and the foreign exchange is saved and money remains in nigeria.ode
Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by GavelSlam: 5:37pm On Oct 31, 2017
[quote author=olas24u post=61948246][/quote]

They are all privately owned.

Open yours just as others have or keep quiet.
Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:52am On Nov 01, 2017
scaramucci:

How does the policy of exporting yam benefit our people? Governance should always be about our people. I would rather we export services.

What services do you have to export.

We have more than excess yam for consumption and export.
Preservation is the problem, the shelf life of yam is very short.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:53am On Nov 01, 2017
googi:
A beg, which kind of insult be this na?

Me and dirty yam go dey fly inside the same plane fighting for space.

Seriously, Nigerians already buy farms in Central America and Mexico planting cassava, yams etc and turning them into gari and amola to sell in the USA.

Nigerians will do the same near Europe when price is high enough.

Instead of exporting raw yams for little price driving up prices at home, convert them to starch used in pharmaceutical products imported into Nigeria.

Is it a curse that Africans must sell at the lowest prices as raw materials and buy at the highest prices as finished products!

You can as well start something like that instead of ranting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by mindtricks: 3:04pm On Nov 02, 2017
I honestly wonder how this explains why government farms are virtually nonexistent in Nigeria?
When countries that mean business are busy taking giant strides, ours with all the clues they will need to make good moves from those that have done it before, will rather choose to crawl and call it progress.

We deserve much more than this.
Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by freshdude99(m): 8:45pm On Nov 30, 2017
anny268:
A small tuber of yam is 400 naira in Abuja, big one is at least 500 to 600 hundred naira whereas a bottle of palm oil is 450.. While a family of five can cook four pots of soup with a bottle of palm oil, can they satisfactorily feed with a tuber of yam? Crude oil? I guess u cook with crude oil at home. I'm not against d exportation of crude oil or whatever, but d exportation of yam is wrong.. Be sincere to yourself at least.
Nne are u from Anambra state?
Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by anny268(f): 9:38pm On Nov 30, 2017
freshdude99:

Nne are u from Anambra state?
No
Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by freshdude99(m): 6:07am On Dec 01, 2017
anny268:
No
Aryt dear
Re: BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK by DisGuy: 1:05pm On Dec 04, 2017
Just over 200 tonnes of yam have been exported to Europe and America since the scheme was launched in June - a fraction of the 60 million tonnes produced every year.

More than 30% of Nigeria's yams rot away every year because of poor preservation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-42197762

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Salary Is Ok For A Farm Manager? / My Journey In Brooding 125 Broilers As A First Timer / ORDER YOUR AGRO Processing Machines(LOCALLY FABRICATED) In Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.