Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Should Christians Fight Back? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Fight Back? (4509 Views)

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Why Don't Christians Fight When Jesus Is Insulted? / Why Do Christians Fight So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Christians Fight Back? by estrella(f): 12:02pm On Mar 17, 2010
The bibles says that we should love our enemies and pray for them.In the face of the recent Jos crises and its aftermath of planned revenge schemes do you think that it is biblical that christians should fight back if caught in the cross fire of another religious crises? Or are they supposed to fold thier hands like stephen did and pray for the soul of our enemies while they are being hacked to death?
Re: Should Christians Fight Back? by kettykings: 12:15pm On Mar 17, 2010
christians should not fight back , but should either leave the place of fight or live in peace with thier attackers,

are you in jos right now mail me at drspecmn@yahoo.com
Re: Should Christians Fight Back? by noetic16(m): 12:18pm On Mar 17, 2010
estrella:

The bibles says that we should love our enemies and pray for them.In the face of the recent Jos crises and its aftermath of planned revenge schemes do you think that it is biblical that christians should fight back if caught in the cross fire of another religious crises? Or are they supposed to fold thier hands like stephen did and pray for the soul of our enemies while they are being hacked to death?

when u fight back violently , . , .u stop being a christian.
Re: Should Christians Fight Back? by emiwanlee(m): 12:53pm On Mar 17, 2010
YES,,,,with great ferocity
Re: Should Christians Fight Back? by seyenko(m): 1:55pm On Mar 17, 2010
Stop deluding yourself that Christians should not fight back - it is because Christians fought Islam and Judaism during the first to the ninth crusade that Christendom had peace, else we will have all been praying facing mecca 5 times a day. Many thanks to the Crusaders, the knight of the Templars, the knights of the round table and King Richard the Great.
Re: Should Christians Fight Back? by kettykings: 2:07pm On Mar 17, 2010
@poster , do you actually mean christians should fight back , the christians you talked about were asian and european christians not nigerian christian ,Nigerian christians are not violent that was why i suggested they keep quiet and move away from violence
Re: Should Christians Fight Back? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 17, 2010
christians should not fight back , but should either leave the place of fight or live in peace with thier attackers,

If a Christian fights and dies in the process, He goes to hell straight. The best thing is to look for the nearest exit or leave the North. WEST, EAST, SOUTH are peace loving states where we can freely serve God.

2 Likes

Re: Should Christians Fight Back? by estrella(f): 4:36pm On Mar 17, 2010
I haven't gotten a scriptural answer so far.You all do realize that when the Isrealites possessd the land of cannan,they had to fend off one invading army after another? Now,why didnt they just sit back and pray when they were being attacked? I know that a lot of times,God fought the battle for them but in some instances,they had to fight the enemy by themselves.
Is that just an old testament thing? What would God expect us to do if we were caught in the inter religious war? Does he expect that we fight back or lay down arms? I want scriptural backing for the answer to this, Its raelly important, please,mature christians in the house, step forward!
Re: Should Christians Fight Back? by toneyb: 5:23pm On Mar 17, 2010
When wıll this madness end please? Christians NEED to fight back. Here is what mazaje wrote about this issue on another thread and I agree completely with what he wrote.

"If you read the words of Jesus in context of the supposed time then it will make sense. . . .Jesus was an apocalyptic end of day preacher who was talking about the end of the world that was at hand and was supposed to come during the generation of his followers so why put up a defense? The Kingdom of Heaven was already at hand anyway."

Christians NEED to stand up and FIGHT for their lives, running away as Evang. Olu said is VERY S.T.U.P.I.D, completely ridiculous and absurd. It's very easy for Evang. Olu to utter such nonsense on the internet, I know if some one goes and attacks him in real life he will definitely fight back and attack the person. So people are to run and not defend themselves from crazy murderers whose only aim is to cause havoc and despoil them because some two thousand years old myth says they shouldn't? grin . Bunch of hypocrites.
Re: Should Christians Fight Back? by Kay17: 2:53am On Mar 18, 2010
christians butcher helpless muslims in turn. its a crazy world, fighting for long dead idiots.
Re: Should Christians Fight Back? by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 27, 2013
Hmm...

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Churches Today Are Business Centers! / Nigeria's Songs Lyrics / Mankind Fell Into Sin But Has Been Uplifted By God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.